Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why would you even read from the Huffington post?
    1000x This, no one should ever take that place seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    At least 10 times as many people read the Huffington Post and a lot of that giant group doesn't really think about how ideological the content is.

Almost every person who reads Breitbart knows its a right wing populist news site. Just like how everyone who reads Reason knows its libertarian.

How a news source brands itself is important and the HP doesn't overtly call itself liberal when it really should.
    The Huffington Post isn't so much ideological as it is just vapid and opportunistic. Arianna Huffington herself used to be a conservative until she saw that the overall national mood was tilting more liberal, especially on social issues, and oriented her website to match. At most the site is a place where well to do white liberals can go to assuage their guilt, it certainly isn't a place that's fomenting radical revolution or anything like that.

And to make a more general point, the reason there aren't liberal equivalents of Breitbart and WND and all the other garbage right wing sites is that liberals simply don't care as much. Your average left leaning American probably supports a broad range of progressive ideas in general, but outside of reading a couple news sites it's not something he thinks about all that much. Compare that to the attitude of some right wingers who practically see "conservative cultural warrior" as a full time job and are fully immersed within that bubble of nationalistic, conspiratorial propaganda. It really isn't that strange when you think about it, even amongst the most liberal segments of American society, the most powerful and influential figures still tend to be white men, and as much as they want to talk about fairness and justice it's not like they're prepared to sacrifice their own position to accomplish that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    The name if the Article is "If You Don’t Vote Democrat This November, Then Fuck You."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christ..._10425968.html

This Article had me in tears.. I wouldn't read Huffington post but I just saw this and just wow. Make sure you use caps lock and swear a ton so everyone knows how cereal you are right?

The picture is especially funny too. Like this is what will happen if Donald Trump gets in. Meanwhile if a nuclear apocalypse happens then it will have been a long time coming and it won't matter who got in. I can't believe this guy got paid to write this.
    WOW! So much for the illusion of serious journalism. That can be completely thrown out the window.

How does this guy have a job after that headline? lol
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Does he know that a wasteland is the outcome no matter if it is Cunt of Trumpet?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    How does shit like this get publication these days? Not only is the guy a bad writer but his music is fucking terribad.

That's terribly cringe camp and embarrassing and i'm fucking gay

Bottom bitches playing gangster

I think a massive distinction between so-called "liberal" news sites/newspapers and conservative ones is that the "liberal" ones usually call themselves liberal because they have a liberal editorial and opinion pieces/bloggers by liberal individual. But when it comes to actual news articles they are generally only interested in reporting the facts. Conservative "new sites", or even worse: Breitbart.com, on the other hand generally are only interested framing everything in a way that advances their twisted worldview, by distorting the facts or publishing pure fiction and conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Voting for Hillary is voting for Democrat?
    I thought you vote for Hillary in hopes that when she dies, Bill Clinton will step in to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Does he know that a wasteland is the outcome no matter if it is Cunt of Trumpet?
    I'll bet you 100 Space bucks that in four years time our lives will be practically unaffected by who wins this election.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    WOW! So much for the illusion of serious journalism. That can be completely thrown out the window.

How does this guy have a job after that headline? lol
    The illusion is created by you not reading the orogin of that blog. The writer is not a journalist, this is not a news story... Although, your reply does peer into one of the reasons journalism is on the decline. When you treat a blog post from a guy whose credentials are 'writer, musician' as a journalist, the word no longer has meaning...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I'll bet you 100 Space bucks that in four years time our lives will be practically unaffected by who wins this election.
    You are probably right, i mean, for as racist as this country wants to pretend it is, no ones popped a shot at Barracko. You'd have thought all the rednecks would have come out the woodwork and brag bout they huntin' skillz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    I thought you vote for Hillary in hopes that when she dies, Bill Clinton will step in to take over.
    The irony of that statement, is that at the time of his presidancy, her pulling his strings or being the brains behind the saxophone, was a shot against Bill. Much like Bush and Chainy, she was Bill's Dick. See Hillarycare for more info... GOP doesn't want you to remember that, because this is what they said after Clinton's reign:

GOP Platform from 2000:

We meet at a remarkable time in the life of our country. Our powerful economy gives America a unique chance to confront persistent challenges. Our country, after an era of drift, must now set itself to important tasks and higher goals. The Republican Party has the vision and leadership to address these issues.

Our platform is uplifting and visionary. It reflects the views of countless Americans all across this country who believe in prosperity with a purpose — who believe in Renewing America's Purpose. Together.
    http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=25849

Yep, what might as well be a progressive slogan of "prosperity with a purpose" was the GOP platform in 2000. The next election it was replaced with war rhetoric. Then the next was once again war rhetoric, until McCain needed to refocus on the economy. GOP fears Clintons, for the same reason you are chastised for bringing up Bush. There is a reason that there has only been 1 popular vote won by the GOP sense the 80s ended. If Hillary is like Bill, then you'll have a balanced budget, booming economy and no prolific war, without her fucking interns. If Trump is like Bush, we have 2 indefine wars and 2 economic collapses. Shhh... No Bush... No Bill (unless it's about his Dick).

- - - Updated - - -

You are probably right, i mean, for as racist as this country wants to pretend it is, no ones popped a shot at Barracko. You'd have thought all the rednecks would have come out the woodwork and brag bout they huntin' skillz.
    Do you think Trump will pardon him self in the several ongoing lawsuits or let them play out during his term?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Do you think Trump will pardon him self in the several ongoing lawsuits or let them play out during his term?
    He'd certainly pardon himself. Will Hillary order her own assassination, when she unleashed unholy hell on corruption, realizing she's badmouthing herself in the process?

10+ Year Old Account
    He'd certainly pardon himself. Will Hillary order her own assassination, when she unleashed unholy hell on corruption, realizing she's badmouthing herself in the process?
    Walk me through that. I am having trouble understanding. Do you think Hillary is Scarface?

10+ Year Old Account
    Except they have. It's just that the Secret Service and such have gotten better, generally, at stopping assassination attempts before they happen; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s#Barack_Obama

10+ Year Old Account
    Voting for the shiniest of two turds is a horrid feeling.....how the fuck did this happen we'll never know but really folks who ever win this election lets make sure they don't get a second term.

Walk me through that. I am having trouble understanding. Do you think Hillary is Scarface?
    http://madworldnews.com/hillary-body-count-5-dead/

She'd be Clownface.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Except they have. It's just that the Secret Service and such have gotten better, generally, at stopping assassination attempts before they happen; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s#Barack_Obama
    You don't fuck with the President on Gerard Butler's watch, that's for sure.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Er, it's Huffington Post. Why would anyone read it and take it seriously? Same goes for Fox News and Breitbart.

Left stupidity is all over Huffington Post, and right stupidity is all over Fox News and Breitbart. They have good articles from time to time, but not often enough to warrant visiting them. You are more likely to lose brain cells reading the drivel on any of those sites than gain much of value. Any useful information will show up on much better sites.
    Huffington Post and Fox News aren't even close, and it's actually pretty disgusting that you compare the two. Top articles on Fox right now is the violence in Charlotte (which makes sense), top article on HP (as of right now) is "She's Progressive!" with a big picture of Hillary. If you go to the opinion section of Fox, this article, a former Clinton adviser talking about how unfair Hillary is treated in the media, is the 3rd one down. Good luck finding pieces like that about Trump on HP. Fox actually tries to be balanced whereas HP doesn't give a fuck.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2016-09-22 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The illusion is created by you not reading the orogin of that blog. The writer is not a journalist, this is not a news story... Although, your reply does peer into one of the reasons journalism is on the decline. When you treat a blog post from a guy whose credentials are 'writer, musician' as a journalist, the word no longer has meaning...
    Sorry, when I see something from a news site, I automatically assume it is from a journalist.

Opinion pieces (blogs) should have no place in the news.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's quite the article. What a way to sell your side to someone... and simultaneously demonstrate your immaturity.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    honestly a year ago i would have said wtf trump, cant believe he is being taken seriously, but now his opponent has actually had to create an article on her official campaign website and talk about the dangers of a cartoon frog and desperately try to link pepe the frog to white supremacy, so really i don't know what to think anymore, im not even sure who i want to win the election.
    It's like being asked if you want to shoot yourself in the foot or the hand. The only pro of shooting yourself in the foot is you still have your hand. The con list is very long.

I feel bad for my American friends. They all hate the situation they're in.

Also, The Huffington Post is just a buzzfeed attempt at making a news source. It's awful.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day