Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really like it so far. Except one point. Playing/leveling an alt makes me feel kinda guilty since I could have spend that time getting AP for my main character. And furthermore I even regret to get through all the class campaigns again after I level a new char since it will be so far behind. Guess this will become a bigger problem the lesser you play your alts/leave them <110 and not level their weapons on a daily base but on the other hand you want to level your main....ahhahahahahahaahha..

/short: still enjoy it pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post

warlords couldn't even DREAM of having that much content to mindlessly grind through in the first month of launch

What are we considering content these days? It seems the only thing Legion does is have endless dailys to do and instead of them being in the same spot, they are scattered about. Which they kind did with WoD with the Apexis crystal dailys.

Overall to me, I don't see Legion having all that much content. I'm already fairly sick of the daily WQs, in which I've done most of them 5-6 times already. i really don't see much difference between WQ and Tanaan jungle. It seems like all that is really required to have a" ton of content" is to just assign players the same quest they did while leveling over and over and make professions really slow to level.

Mythic++ dungeons seem to be the only new content compared to previous Xpacs. So all Warlords needed to do, is assign the same Apex crystal grinds over and over and it would of had a ton more content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    I think Legion is a very good expansion and is a huge improvement over WoD. I however am not playing it simply because I think I'm bored of WoW. If I would have to rate I think I'd say.

TBC > MoP > Legion > WotlK > Cata > WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you play everyday for 13 - 15 hours, do you literally have nothing else to do with your time?
    i am bored of other games sometimes i finished them or they are unfinished and too lazy to get some games or i was banned from some games

like the new deus ex was released and the new patch for the division was released but i have been playing wow not motivated enough to get deus ex and the division i got bored of and sick of all their bugs and holes in the fucking map falling through the damn floor and shit

rockstar released a new patch for gta 5 but it's mostly just more cars and more races no real story behind it so i haven't been interested in that much
    Last edited by skannerz22; 2016-09-22 at 02:02 PM.
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    The things that are good, examples:

- World quests (gearing smoothly etc).
    - Lots of stuff to do (the world feels so huge now and involves so much).
    - Replacing Garrison with Class Hall.
    - Making some speccs so much fun, like Outlaw Rogue.
    - A nice PvP system (even though honor gain is a bit low).
    - Strong PvE content, Mythic + feature and the first raids bosses are amazing.

SADLY, get kind of overshadowed by the things that are extremly bad in this expansion:

- No flying (or at least terrain you can stand. Traveling in Broken Isles is a complete nightmare).
    - Insane amount of dungeon and raid trash.
    - RNG system to get legendaries.
    - Artifact power not being at least character-speccwide (making going offspecc or rerolling almost impossible).
    - Suramar City................
    - Class balance in PvP (system is nice, balance is not).

etc.

All in all, it's a decent expansion with lots of good things but also too many awful things :/

Such a dumbass statement. WoD was good the first month. I'm already getting bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

SADLY, get kind of overshadowed by the things that are extremly bad in this expansion:

- Artifact power not being at least character-speccwide (making going offspecc or rerolling almost impossible).

etc.

All in all, it's a decent expansion with lots of good things but also too many awful things :/
    These are opinions though...some of the things that you mention as "awful" I consider quite nice.

Suramar City is one my favorites areas to date in this game. It's beautiful, it has a new approach that we haven't seen before with the "stealth" based gameplay. I love the amount of trash in the dungeons currently. Some have a lot and some have very little meaning that I can get a nice variety.

The RNG Legendary system is rather annoying at his point I agree, but artifact power I haven't found to be a big issue. I got an alt to 110 and the research time for his artifact knowledge was half of what it was for my main character. Instead of taking 5 days for the first bit of research it only took 2-3 days. That will allow my alt to catch up faster if I want to level him fast. And I don't have any problems keeping my Enhancement artifact up to par with my Resto one thanks to Artifact Knowledge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Such a dumbass statement. WoD was good the first month. I'm already getting bored.
    They literally just released all sorts of new stuff including Mythic+, raiding, world bosses...my guild just got a nice little fun infusion from that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The constant RNG is off putting.

It was one of the things i absolutely hated in wildstar when it launched, first you pray you get the right loot, then you had to be lucky and get good runes, 4 good runes. Carbine got rid of it pretty quick though.

Same with warforged and prismatic sockets in Legion, its pretty off putting finally getting the drop and u just know there will still be a minor upgrade for you out there so u run the same shit over and over and over and over

Deleted
    Still don't get it why so many people say Cataclysm first month was bad, when it was pretty damn good. Then they throw to the cliff but the first month was awesome.

- No flying (or at least terrain you can stand. Traveling in Broken Isles is a complete nightmare).

etc.

Well as in all things, it's a matter of personal preference.

For instance I agree with all your good stuff, well except PvP. Not because I think it sucks, but because I generally don't PvP and have no opinion on it. As far as you your bad stuff though.

-No Flying doesn't bother me. I would prefer they give us flying and craft the world around having it, buuuut it's not a negative to me not to have it. I don't count this as a negative in my book.

-Insane amount of dungeon and raid trash...are you playing the same game as me? I mean yes there is if you pull ever trash pull before a boss, or you can do what most people do and skip stuff you don't have to do. About the only dungeon I felt there was a ton of trash that I HAD to pull was Black Rook Hold. As for raids, well I only did the first three bosses in EN so first boss had a few slimes nothing big. Then a few pulls (I think we did it in four) to the bear boss which we did second. Then about the same to the spider/roc boss. I haven't done anything beyond so as far as trash beyond that point I don't know. Also still way less trash than many older raids and dungeons, I am not complaining.

-RNG system to get legendaries. I like it more than the fucking ring/cloak quests. Still not as good as the epic legendary quests of yore though. This falls in a the middle ground again for me.

-Artifact Power I mostly agree with. Though I have just begun leveling toons to 110 and starting their research. So when I do switch to play my AK will be nice and high. Still, this is a work around at best. Not a solid solution. Also I have heard that AP amounts will increase as the xpac goes on as well. Again though, doesn't help if I want to reroll now. Off spec I find less annoying since AK is character wide. Still, not the best.

-Suramar City can be very fucking annoying. I don't particularly enjoy it either. Though I will say this. It's annoying enough that it actually promotes me doing it in group. Especially with the fetch quests counting towards the whole groups completion rate along with kills now, it's niiice. Plus it can be fun when in a group just to kill all the things instead lol. Basically grouping is my way of dealing with Suramar and I have enjoyed it muuuuuch more since then.

So all in all, while I get what you are saying, none of what you listed (good and bad) is objectively true, same with my assertions. For me legion, so far, has been amazing. It has prompted back 90% of my old guild mates, we all having that nail biting addiction we lost sometime after Wrath. People say they feel like it's single player game but grouping has never been easier for me. With quests being much easier to complete with multiple people than ever before.

My biggest gripe is that class pruning turned out real good for some classes while others just feel gutted and ineffective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    The constant RNG is off putting.

It was one of the things i absolutely hated in wildstar when it launched, first you pray you get the right loot, then you had to be lucky and get good runes, 4 good runes. Carbine got rid of it pretty quick though.

Same with warforged and prismatic sockets in Legion, its pretty off putting finally getting the drop and u just know there will still be a minor upgrade for you out there so u run the same shit over and over and over and over
    Yeah I kinda gave up on this. Now I just worry about being effective. If I am effective and doing my job well, then I don't sweat it. I will get upgrades eventually one way or the other.

I tried just running thing's over and over again in beta, i wanted to shoot myself. Now I just focus on enjoying myself.

If you are a min maxer however and doing cutting edge shit, well I am sorry. This system will not be kind to your sanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Me and my friends are getting a bit bored to. I mean when you're done with the raid and mythic+ there's not much left to do. If you don't want to do world quests for AP that is. The expansion is good imo, but far away from the best one.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

I'm curious what this looks like to you.

With the flight master's whistle, the billions of flight points, the extremely obvious terrain (any time it's grassy you can basically run up it, very little confusion), I don't think there's anything more Blizzard can do to make it convenient for ground travel.

I can only imagine what your world looks like. Completely flat, no mobs, no other players etc? I really can't imagine how they could make it better.

My only gripe is the placement of graveyards. There are some places where it's just completely unintuitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    It's okay, but wold of terraincraft is starting to become more and more aggravating as time goes by. Best expansion ever? I don't think so.
    Pretty much this, and all the dailys and been replaced with WQ, and garrisson with order hall. It IS the exact same shit! Raids finally opened tho

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Vanilla = TBC > MoP > WotLK >>> Legion > Cata = WoD
    Fixed for you.
    Hell no!

MOP = Legion > WOTLK = Vanilla = TBC >> WOD >>> CATA

The rulig is still out on Legion as it is quite new, but so far I am pleasently suppriesed by the quality which is really good.

Wotlk, vanilla & TBC was mostly the same, they all had their strengths & weaknesses. The only thing I can compare it to is how much fun I had in them.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna wait till the expansion ends like a normal person.

play a caster other than a fire mage in pvp and tell me its the best expansion ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Legion Lore writing is horrible indeed compare to WOTLK Lore which was way more epic. Quest mechanics are okay but quest Lore/Storylines is horrible. Expect few class specific quest lines.
    Uh the writing in Wrath was crap too.

The lore was good, as it is in almost every expac (aside from WoD and maybe Cata) but the writing was awful. Most of the quest text was just the exact same thing. I don't like to blame nostalgia for things, but saying the writing in wrath is better than the writing in legion or even mop is just wrong.

The writing in legion is a tiny bit better but we don't even know the full story of this expansion, we don't even know half of it so comparing it to a completed expansion is also a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Uh the writing in Wrath was crap too.

The lore was good, as it is in almost every expac (aside from WoD and maybe Cata) but the writing was awful. Most of the quest text was just the exact same thing. I don't like to blame nostalgia for things, but saying the writing in wrath is better than the writing in legion or even mop is just wrong.
    No. Legion writing is terrible. It's hand-down the worst in all the WoW franchise (except for the Earthen quests in Deepholme which keep the crown). There is no exposition, no natural setup, it's just a rush toward objectives.
    Yes in the end it's always about "go kill this, go grab that". But previous expansions at least managed to be somewhat immersive and give some "natural" feeling to it all. Legion is just so badly written the pretense goes through the window.

Disagree.

It's better than WoD (it set the bar so low it'd have been hard to do worse), and IMO better than Cata. The others were better than Legion.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This XP is a alt killer
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    No. In my opinion Legion writing is terrible. It's hand-down the worst in all the WoW franchise (except for the Earthen quests in Deepholme which keep the crown). In my opinion There is no exposition, no natural setup, it's just a rush toward objectives.
    Yes in the end it's always about "go kill this, go grab that".In my opinion previous expansions at least managed to be somewhat immersive and give some "natural" feeling to it all. Legion is just so badly written the pretense goes through the window.
    Fixed it for ya