Poll: How many alts do you play?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Currently playing one alt due to split runs.

Plan to level more once we get things on farm/get bored.

Deleted
    I do, yeah. Mostly because I have friends on Horde and Alliance side, and want to be able to play with either. That said, my Priest is definitely my main, and I am spending a lot more time on her.

I am playing my Priest (mostly Disc) on Horde, and my Paladin (Ret) on Alliance side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no, I got my rogue to 110 three days after my pally. Right now I'm still busy catching up in AP on my pally as I started two weeks late, but I'll be working on my rogue once I get to a decent spot and getting my druid to 110 over the weekend. It really is mainly rushing the alts to 110, having them start on AK and keeping them from having any of the WQ sets overflow (as in the "Do 4 WQs for ______ faction, get bag of goodies and lots of rep" sets).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    I think play time is all relative to your goals.

Personally I wanted to see ALL the class stories since they are unique this time around.

Currently I have

druid - 106
    shaman - 105
    priest - 104
    mage, DK, Pally - 103
    DH, warlock -101

I have learned not to rush to max level and then just be bored repeating the same daily/world quests over and over.

I'm not a raider so really the expansion is pretty much over for many of my chars at max level.
    I want to see all the stories and open all their artifacts. I just don't have time to level another to 110 at the moment. Work/school. I've gotten a couple to where their followers are active. But alas they have not the resources just to do that. I did level the monk a level just running class hall missions. Heh.

*sigh* Can I win the lottery?!

i alt because he has flowers... and they sell 300gold a piece on my server... i love watchinga movie and making 30k gold in that time

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm curious what you mean by "get good at it" If you think a bad player is suddenly going to be a solid heroic raider because they were forced to play only 1 toon, then you don't understand why they are bad players to begin with. And what about those that chose the wrong spec? Or thought they were going to like toon A, but after a bit they are just underwhelmed by it? Now they got to play a serious catch up game, if they want to switch.

I myself don't care for this new model. Though I've already capped 3 toons, I'm not sure find the WQ interesting enough to keep doing them over and over and over and over on 1 toon, much less 3. I guess you can say that there is always something to do like this.

At the same time, I don't know that any of this really stop someone from playing an alt. In some ways getting alts geared up enough for heroics\Mythics seems easier.
    Well, people who have a lot of time and know every class, I wouldnt worry about them. However people usually stick to one or two classes/speccs during their "WoW career".
    Since vanilla I have been playing resto druid as my main for about 99% of my wow time. So I'd claim that Im not a noob at it.
    A friend of mine who has only played DDs over the past 5 years tried to get a healer done.... jesus god... I told him to stop doing it, cos it wasn't his "thing" at all. No feeling for it, no practise, no nothing at all really.
    Im sure that most of the people knew exactly whats class/specc they were gonna main before Legion came out.
    And why would u choose that class/speecc? Cos u enjoy it and u good at it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Im sure that most of the people knew exactly whats class/specc they were gonna main before Legion came out.
    And why would u choose that class/speecc? Cos u enjoy it and u good at it, right?
    I often wonder how people play 1 class at the start of WoW and then say that's all they have ever played as if it's a good thing. How does one know that they aren't the world's greatest Holy Paly if all they have ever played is Ele Shaman. In cases like your friend, maybe it was the class\spec of healer that he was terrible at. Maybe he could go resto shaman and find his true calling in life.

People tend to stick with the devil they know, versus the devil they don't. Which is why so many people stay in jobs they hate for years and years. It's just what they know. In the case of MMOs, it some kind of bragging right to say you've only played one class\spec for 11 years. Maybe I'm just gifted(highly unlikely), I can play just about any class\spec within 90% of my "main". Granted I won't enjoy a chunk of them, but it's completely possible to enjoy at least 5-6.

I come from the FPS background where playing different classes was kind of a given. It's still an odd mental adjustment to have a game where the Devs goal is for you to really stick to 1 toon and 2 professions forever and ever.

I would like to but fuuuuck no, Legion is aids world for alts. Sitting at 12 days of play time at 110. There is no way I'm doing the suramar quest line on alts, no way I'm doing a single profession quest on alts.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I'm trying to level my pally alt to 110 but hes only sitting at 104 atm.

Deleted
    Just main, I am struggling to keep up with that. It's raid ready so I will probably focus on a alt in a week or two but tbh I don't fancy the grind right now.

@Mad_Murdock
    I'm not saying its something bad to stick with one class/spec.
    I have played every class and every specc since vanilla and after these years I just kinda know what I enjoy and what not, what im good at and what not.
    For example, I have tried to play a lock for so many expansions, and I just never "felt it". I played all of the healers too, really like shaman as well, however for me there is no other healer spec that I enjoy more than Rdruid.
    I raided with some good guild at WotLK, tried Hpally, Rshamy and then got back to Rdruid cos I was just best at that class/spec. Most fun, most heal output, best reactions/timing, etc.
    U dont believe in "gifted players", I do. It's a mental thing, that ur brain has more synapses with or less. U either good at math or good at foreign languages. Good at sports that need a fine tuned motor system or good at sports that need pure strenght. U're either a sprinter or a marathon runner.

Maybe back in the days it was more "stick to a class/spec" than nowadays, that everything is much more trivial to play these days.
    I came back to Legion and I just knew "Rdruid it will be". Just like the old days. Havent regretted it so far.

Deleted
    currently no, but if Blizzard doesn't do something about the underwhelming state warlocks are in then I might think about transfering my Arms Warrior to the server I currently play on and play with it. Only problem is everyone is playing melee. Game feels like 85% melees.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Are you guys even playing any alts so far?
    I don't think that there is much time to alt at all. When you get online, you can always do something with your main (WQ, dailies, dungeons, now raid, etc.).
    I kinda like it this way, so people really focus on one class/specc and get good at it.
    What is your personal experience?
    Have not had the chance to invest time on the alt. Only just grabbed the artifact and unlock the class hall on some. Not enough time to invest in the main, let alone the alts.

I generally like the idea to encourage people to focus on one main but I hope they do not penalize too much on the player who like playing with alts. I do not raid with more than one char anyway but even so I like to play on the alts. Maybe once the profession quests, gearing etc would mean I do not need to spend as much time as I am currently on the main character.

I have my main and I have a horde of the same spec to help a friend's guild. I think this will sustain me for quite some time.

no. i typically play an alt for a pvp character. main is pve. my default alt is a hunter. i leveled him to 110, and the class is treated as a leper by the pvp community. since i really dont like any other class, ive just given up on it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    My problem is the complete opposite as everyone else. I cannot decide on a main, and all I've been doing is going back and forth between all the characters I've found interesting so far. It's totally hurt my progression. Started off enh shaman, then veng dh, unholy dk, and now WW monk. To my surprise, the monk has been my favorite so far and is what I'll be playing the most from here on out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played my main to get him ready for the raid. Some of my many lvl 100-alts have their artifact. With two I started playing a little and got them to lvl 101/102.

When I log in with my main, I check whats up on WQs. If there is not something really interesting and the time runs out, I log out and play alts (for leveling or just get the artifact). I can do WQs later and don't feel that I have to do everything.

I used to playing alternate characters a lot - it opened up stories that my main character would not usually see and give me a different background for some role-playing if I felt like it. However, Legion is set up in such a way that I play my main character almost exclusively at this point - which is fine because I love my Demon Hunter - so I miss out on some great stories like the Horde viewpoint and the other class campaigns that I end up watching on YouTube to fulfill my lore need.

Deleted
    Using all my wow time on my main. Always things to do. Perhaps after the final content patch, or when I get my traits maxed, I will have some time for them. Wish I had more time, but at the same time I am having way to much fun, and finds it hard NOT to login on my main.

I have four "mains".
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.