Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Vengeance DH and the 25% more damage taken from players.

It's not even worth PvPing as a vengeance DH now, they were already insanely squishy in BG's, and this has just made it worse. I have a feeling this was put in to help tone them down in world pvp, but now they're just fodder in BG's. What goods a tank that can't carry a flag as well as a rogue?

My suggestions in how to make tanks more viable without being broken for PvP:

1. They're actually tanky, they can't just be blown up by a solo player in a stun.
    2. Taunt actually does something untalented, forces the selected player to target the tank for 4 seconds. Given that taunts have an 8 second cd, this is a 50% uptime. Could be adjusted, taunt CD increased.
    3. Rewarded for defending an objective, I don't mean the "you get more honor for killing people here." buff either, for each minute spent defending an objective, you're rewarded with bonus honor or a temporary buff.
    4. Tank damage within PvP is reduced across the board, it's not a tanks job to DPS, it's their job to control the battlefield and take the damage for their allies.
    5. Every tank is given an AoE taunt on a 45 second cooldown with a 20 yard range (See point 2) this taunt would last 6 seconds.
    6. PvP talents that increase the damage a tank does are replaced with talents that either improve their taunts or provide additional CC, allowing them to control the battlefield.
    Last edited by JoshuaNLG; 2016-09-22 at 12:16 PM.

Eh what? 150 yard traveled in 2 sec is not worth it? I carry flag in high rated RBG as vengeance, along with demonic trample. Vengeance is THE flag carrier.

The mobility is good, the damage taken is not, plus demonic trample isn't all that, you can still get stunned while using it.

The entire concept of tanks in PvP, fighting is braindead and destructive, I'm glad Blizzard is taking steps to remove them, and/or make them unviable.

Tanks shouldn't be unviable in PvP. So if i enjoy tanking, and only tanking, but i also enjoy PvP, i should suck it up and acknowledge that I'm never going to be viable for PvP? No, that's not how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

I have several suggestions in how to make tanks more viable in pvp, i'll post them in the op.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Tanks shouldn't be unviable in PvP. So if i enjoy tanking, and only tanking, but i also enjoy PvP, i should suck it up and acknowledge that I'm never going to be viable for PvP? No, that's not how it works.
    That is how it works. And how its always worked since woltk i think.

How about tanks stick to dragon slaying and we stop trying to make them "viable" at the expense of everyone else's enjoyment of pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    The entire concept of tanks in PvP, fighting is braindead and destructive, I'm glad Blizzard is taking steps to remove them, and/or make them unviable.
    +1

- - - Updated - - -

I have several suggestions in how to make tanks more viable in pvp, i'll post them in the op.
    I think thats precisely how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    How about tanks stick to dragon slaying and we stop trying to make them "viable" at the expense of everyone else's enjoyment of pvp?

+1
    Yeah pretty much. Sorry if you like tanking but they are fucking so cancerous in PVP.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks should never be able to kill a player alone whether it's a dps or a healer. They should have to mitigation to suck up a load of punishment and that's it

They do too much damage in general, Vengence for sure, They needed a nerf in pvp - Vengence could beat pretty much any other tank with ease.. They are still not squishy in bg's even with the nerf - They have cd's and now they need to use them.
    Last edited by Kleos; 2016-09-22 at 03:11 PM.

If tanks aren't allowed in pvp because they're unfun to fight against by the opposing player, then the system is flawed and needs changes, I think my suggestions are a good start.

It just boils down to people thinking that their fun means more than someone elses.

What about the healer that gets 100%-0%'d in a stun? Is it fun for him? No, it's fun for the DPS that does it though i imagine.

Tanks in PvP can and have worked in other MMO's, there's no reason they shouldn't work here.

I think my suggestions are a good start.
    Of course you do. Terrible news, though... tanks in PVP are cancer and your suggestions are nothing new. This last round of nerfs was a god send. Keep your tanking specs in PVE.

Deleted
    Does the 25% more damage to tanks apply to world pvp or just instanced pvp?

Wasn't the entire point of the stat templates so they could avoid having to do these blanket buffs/nerfs?

The problem is open world PVP and tanks being pretty much unkillable, while dealing crazy high damage. Good luck in instanced PVP now with the 25% damage taken change, tanks were already pretty useless, now they are definitely garbage except for a few niche situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Can you smell what the entitled is cooking?

That is how it works, it's their game. If they decide tomorrow that all tanks just repeatedly explode and die every time they take a step, that's their choice.
    They said explicitly they wanted tanks to be viable in PvP, then they make them not viable because of open world PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep sorry, but tanks have only been viable for CTF maps.
    They dont belong elsewhere in pvp, maybe world pvp.

Tanks now killable? Check

Next on the list is to make healers easily killable...then all the brainless DPS can just have their @#$@show PvP with whoever can stunlock/burst the fastest wins!

PvP'ers should just move over to other genres and leave MMO's the @#$@# alone...games that DON'T have 3 very different roles that should equally be viable in all aspects of the game. Better yet, Blizzard should just do us all a favor and remove the PvP sideshow that seems to always end up ruining the core of the game, PvE.

Deleted
    I agree tank damage should be like 50% of a DPS, and his survivability should be 100% of that of a dps, right now as a tank you die in a stunlock from a rogue, it's just not right.

Instead of making tanks useless in PvP how about coming up with some constructive ideas on how to make them better and more viable without making the overpowered? This thread has nothing but "LOL I DON'T PLAY TANK SO TANKS SHOULD BE USELESS" bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post

+1
    This so much. Tanks are just cancer in PvP as it stands, in WPvP they are basically Raid Bosses. They need to either have zero damage and be a tanky annoyance, or just be on-par with melee in terms of damage AND survivability, in which case, they might as well just be their DPS specs. I'm glad these raid bosses are being nerfed, they make the game horrible for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    This so much. Tanks are just cancer in PvP as it stands, in WPvP they are basically Raid Bosses. They need to either have zero damage and be a tanky annoyance, or just be on-par with melee in terms of damage AND survivability, in which case, they might as well just be their DPS specs. I'm glad these raid bosses are being nerfed, they make the game horrible for the rest of us.
    That doesn't mean Tanks don't belong in PVP, it just means Blizzard is failing at balancing them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    That doesn't mean Tanks don't belong in PVP, it just means Blizzard is failing at balancing them properly.
    Which is where the next sentence comes in.