Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Recommended talents for the encounters in The Emerald Dream?

Tips for us all

Mostly looking at Fire since it's the best spec atm.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My plan for week 1:

Conflag
    Cauterize
    ROP
    Flame on
    Icy flows
    Um
    Cinder storm

Will be my go to starting setup for almost all bosses.

First boss, ursoc and last boss I will switch cind for kindling I would say.

Cinder storm and kindling sim quite close single target but with lots of opportunity for cinder storm to hit adds I think it will pull ahead on certain fights.

I might try living bomb on the eye boss. Depends on our strat I guess.

I don't know about cinderstorm, when you have like 60% crit.. and with that much crit you migrate most of your dmg towards combustion.. so yeah, it's probably gonna fit another combustion in in each fight

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like to go with Conflag, Shimmer, Rune of Power (mandatory), Flame On (Mandatory), Icy Flows (Mandatory), Unstable Magic and Kindling
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I've done first boss and big eye dude so far on heroic. I honestly didn't bother with aoe talents as our melee were destroying any adds that were up. Single target damage seemed more important.

Pyromaniac
    Shimmer
    RoP
    Flame on
    Ice floes
    UM
    Kindling

Probably best to switch Shimmer to cauterize for progression, but my 850 relic is extra heal on the blinks and it seemed to help at times when I was not getting heals.
    Last edited by pkm; 2016-09-21 at 06:40 PM.

Single target cookie cutter:

Why would you take cauterise over shimmer?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaboozyy View Post
    Why would you take cauterise over shimmer?
    Because this is mmo-champ and most people here arent really that good, so they grab cauterise because they know that they're gonna screw up and die otherwise.
    Shimmer is the better talent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadde111 View Post
    Because this is mmo-champ and most people here arent really that good, so they grab cauterise because they know that they're gonna screw up and die otherwise.
    This. Also, for add fights I would use LB over UM. Also not sure about Kindling/Cinderstorm tbh - if you know how to cast Cinderstorm it's pretty awesome, what does the sims say there? (Besides that I love to have Cinderstorm as an extra thing to do)

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    This. Also, for add fights I would use LB over UM. Also not sure about Kindling/Cinderstorm tbh - if you know how to cast Cinderstorm it's pretty awesome, what does the sims say there? (Besides that I love to have Cinderstorm as an extra thing to do)
    Yeah, i dont even think the amount of adds have to be that high for LB to do more work either. Kindling and cinder is mixed, depends on amount of adds that you can hit with cinder + boss fight timing (in some cases you wont even get an additional cumbust from kind).... lol, cumbust.

Deleted
    Nythendra, Ursoc, Dragons: Conf/Pyro, Shimmer, UM, Cinder
    Rest: Conf, Shimmer, LB, Cinder

Bosses have so huge hitboxes, that cinders will always hit

Me and the other two Mages in my run seemed to get much more out of Kindling than Cinderstorm.

Conf, Caut/Shim, RoP, FO, UM, Kind seemed to be the best way to go.

No, you grab cauterize because it's currently progression and you are learning the fights. If you rely on 2 blinks then maybe you are the one that isn't good. Learn to position yourself better.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    No, you grab cauterize because it's currently progression and you are learning the fights. If you rely on 2 blinks then maybe you are the one that isn't good. Learn to position yourself better.
    I agree. Any time there are multiple wipes trying to get to a next phase or killing bosses with most of your raid dead, that extra life is worth a lot more than an extra blink. I feel like we already have enough mobility tools as fire with all the instant casts and ice floes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    Nythendra, Ursoc, Dragons: Conf/Pyro, Shimmer, UM, Cinder
    Rest: Conf, Shimmer, LB, Cinder

Bosses have so huge hitboxes, that cinders will always hit
    Why not Pyromaniac on these fights? Thought it was the best single target talent. According icyveins it also gets better with more gear so I dont know

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    Why not Pyromaniac on these fights? Thought it was the best single target talent. According icyveins it also gets better with more gear so I dont know
    Yeah it is best for single. But i sometimes miss those procs, because of musclememory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Well, moron, thats why i use shimmer. Cauterize give me absolutly nothing. 0%, it does NOTHING for me, you know why? Beause i am accually positioning myself in a way where i dont rely on dying once before getting it right. I use shimmer to stay in position and keep dealing damage, because that is my job. Dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by halgrind View Post
    I agree. Any time there are multiple wipes trying to get to a next phase or killing bosses with most of your raid dead, that extra life is worth a lot more than an extra blink. I feel like we already have enough mobility tools as fire with all the instant casts and ice floes.
    You're just making my point, we got so many mobility tools, why are you still dying?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2016-09-24 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Seriously, combustion is your most important ability (and quite frankly what Fire Mages are all about). Reducing the cooldown by a minute (at ~57% crit)is a very big deal; Kindling all the way.

Oh, and LOL at cauterize ^^

Well, moron, thats why i use shimmer. Cauterize give me absolutly nothing. 0%, it does NOTHING for me, you know why? Beause i am accually positioning myself in a way where i dont rely on dying once before getting it right. I use shimmer to stay in position and keep dealing damage, because that is my job. Dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

You're just making my point, we got so many mobility tools, why are you still dying?
    Oh oh watch out we got a bad ass over here. Sir, please teach us how to play perfectly in every mythic encounter and not die while the whole raid keeps wiping. Oh wait you can't. Everyone fucking wipes on mythic many times trying to get get it right.

What's that, research the encounter? Ah shit that's right because we are all gods here and can execute mythic strategies in perfect sync through the entire raid group.

But I played perfectly and still died!! I was in good position everytime! Oh yeah the healers were struggling to keep everyone up from all that aoe and 2 died including the mage. That's too bad cause now we gotta wipe instead of potentially pushing next phase or beating enrage. That's OK though, cause our mage believes that 2 blinks makes him a god.

But anyway you see how cauterize is so good. I can list many scenarios but I'm not gonna waste my time any further with someone who can't speak like a civilised person.

You do realise blink heals you too right ?
    Your helping more healing yourself during times of mobility than you are dying with healers trying to oh shit heal you. The mobility of an extra blink and an attached heal helps deal with pretty much every boss Cauterize is just a lazy survivability talent.