Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    He's wearing an Alliance shirt. LOL. Are you fucking kidding me? He's the biggest orc fanboy in the world.

Even Metzen's face when they revealed it to him says "Meh the fuk is this shit"
    What was the point of this thread? What possible discourse of debate did you want to create with this?
    Why on earth are you feeling so bad about yourself, that you need to feel outraged by this?

You seem to have some issues, perhaps you should talk to an adult or a professional therapist - that's not normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Thrall, Varian, Winston (obviously monkey fanboi amirite) :P

As far as I know he will still be working for Blizzard as a VO.
    He said he'll at least be voicing Thrall still. Varian is dead so doesn't need to worry about that. He was influential on all the stories he crafted Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft, and Overwatch's lore. I do think it should have been like a baby Murloc, even though he worked on those games, he will always be synonymous with Warcraft, the shirt should be faction neutral not Horde or Alliance. He was important to both sides.

The reason his face looks like that in the picture is because while it looks like a reference to Walt Disney its actually a reference to the Overwatch short: Recall. His creations are going to be used to kill him just like that of Harold Winston.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Thrall, Varian, Winston (obviously monkey fanboi amirite) :P

As far as I know he will still be working for Blizzard as a VO.
    Metzen also voice acted Ragnaros. And he posted on Twitter a few days ago that his plan is to continue voice acting Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    What was the point of this thread? What possible discourse of debate did you want to create with this?
    Why on earth are you feeling so bad about yourself, that you need to feel outraged by this?

You seem to have some issues, perhaps you should talk to an adult or a professional therapist - that's not normal.
    I love replies like this that imply because you dont like something that you need "help" and there is something "wrong" with you. Its called an opinion, welcome to the internet.

7+ Year Old Account
    metzen was always more into alliance.... thrall is his icon, alliance his passion.

and rob, srsly, stop with those hellish no sense making rant threads, even the mods are tired already.

Formerly known as Arafal

the statue is like that for this. god...

Deleted
    Why winston? I mean, Mickey mouse was originally a caricature of a certain ethnic group and this statue is suppose to mimic Dis...ney's....

oh no.

In all seriousness though, Overwatch's universe is Metzen's baby since his edgy teen days, and it's the newest, largest hit on Blizzard's radar. Plus Baby Winston is cute.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    He's wearing an Alliance shirt. LOL. Are you fucking kidding me? He's the biggest orc fanboy in the world.

Even Metzen's face when they revealed it to him says "Meh the fuk is this shit"
    So glad to have you back. /s

Metzen plays Alliance characters, that's a fact. Fucking deal with it. He works with hundreds of people who all know him a fuckload better than you do, considering you're just some random guy on the Internet who has an inferiority complex concerning the Alliance. The statue itself is a variation of the Walt Disney statue, because Metzen played a huge part in making WoW what it is.

Every single thread you make is some variation of whining like a little baby about some perceived slight to the Alliance. Every. Single. Thread.

Grow up. Stop filling these boards with your useless drivel.

I've watched just about every Chris Metzen interview ever, while I can see why someone would guess he was a horde fanboy - he does reveal he plays a Human Paladin as his main toon.

Guy is awesome. I like the statue. Fuck you OP. I'm out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite honestly, I'm shocked the OP isn't banned yet for all these useless threads made under his name...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock View Post
    Pretty sure Metzen also did Vol'jin though.
    he never voiced vol'jin.
    he voiced zul'jin during bc.

he voiced
    Thrall
    Rexxar
    Nefarian
    Ragi
    Hakkar
    Zul'jin
    Varian
    Bronjahm (FoS boss)
    dranosh saurfang (deathbringer saurfang)
    War-God Jalak
    Nalak
    several a bit more important zandalari trolls in mists of pandaria
    and supreme lord kazzak.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by RedNight at MMOC View Post
    Metzen also voice acted Ragnaros. And he posted on Twitter a few days ago that his plan is to continue voice acting Thrall.
    I was really, really hoping that when he retired they would just kill thrall.

I really want them to kill thrall.

A still picture you are interpreting as you see fit, no context.
    A fair point about the shirt being wrong, but we shouldn't be making assumptions about how he feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush1701 View Post
    And why Winston? Overwatch is so new it doesn't even compare in legacy to the other giants of Blizzard.
    overwatch is the game he last worked on.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    The statue is pointing at something in the distance. Oh i see now its the gaming company metzen is starting because he's tired of activision calling the shots.
    I like how people still think Activision somehow controls Blizzard even though Blizzard has said multiple times that Activision has no control over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Tracer is hot, not cute. It doesn't work as well.

A murloc wouldn't represent Blizzard, it'd represent WoW. Let's remember that this statue is only in minority for the remembrance of Chris Metzen.
    youre right. after all. blizzard made its name off of overwatch...oh wait...
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Good to know we can decide people are biased based on the few times a year we hear from them vs the people who see them every day.

The "Horde fanboy" thing doesn't really mesh, though, considering Malfurion is his favourite. character and he plays Alliance.

Honestly I'm surprised no one ever goes for the "he likes Alliance so much he tries too hard to seem like he enjoys the Horde as much" interpretation. It's so easy to claim the Horde players are insecure enough that. they need the attention, but rather than take that road so many players prefer to make the Alliance look insecure with all their conspiracy theories.

They wouldn't use a going away present as cheap "bias propaganda". He's wearing an Alliance shirt because he's Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I mean it's literally a statue of him, being given to him.

I don't know what other criteria you would need for "Being made for him" honestly, this whole rhetorical question seems really weird, as if even you don't really know the answer and just wanted to pretend you knew something that would make you superior to me in some way for knowing it.
    So you really think it was literally made entirely for him. Wow.

It's made to represent Blizzard, which is why the objects on the statue (Alliance shirt, Winston from Overwatch) were chosen to better represent the company as a whole rather than a tribute to Chris Metzen (where it'd be a Horde shirt and an Orc, or even Chris Metzen as an Orc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    She's both?
    Do you honestly not understand why Tracer wouldn't at all work as a Mickey Mouse replica?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I like how people still think Activision somehow controls Blizzard even though Blizzard has said multiple times that Activision has no control over them.
    And you believe what blizzard says? wow lol