Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

After reading every class forum on various sites, I've come to this conclusion:

Everyone is simultaneous OP and garbage, that every class is bland and boring while the other class is much better, and that every nerf is unjustified while blizzard neglects to both nerf and/or buff everyone at the same time.

It's nuts.

"The grass is always greener on the other side"
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I noticed this too when I was trying to decide what to play. It's been 5 years since I've played this game, so I went to do some reading on a bunch of the class forums here and there was somebody bitching about how bad their class was pretty much everywhere.

Nah, the "nuts" part is they had time to fix/balance all of this in the beta and release a game that didnt need to receive buffs and nerfs.

Most classes are bland and boring, compared to their prior versions.

I don't think the class I play (shaman) is excessively underpowered, but elemental is far less fluid than it could / should be.

Here's a handy guide to class forums:

DK forums: DKs need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    DH forums: DHs need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Druid forums: Druids need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Hunter forums: Hunters need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Mage forums: Mages need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Paladin forums: Paladins need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Priest forums: Priests need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Rogue forums: Rogues need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Shaman forums: Shamans need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Warlock forums: Warlocks need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Warrior forums: Warriors need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Monk forums: I don't recognize Monks as a real class.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    Nah, the "nuts" part is they had time to fix/balance all of this in the beta and release a game that didnt need to receive buffs and nerfs.
    And when in 12 years has this ever worked? Don't expect things you know never happen.
    If you want to always be in a good spot, play mage, they always have at least 1 spec that is good in pve and another for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Here's a handy guide to class forums:

DK forums: DKs need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    DH forums: DHs need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Druid forums: Druids need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Hunter forums: Hunters need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Mage forums: Mages need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Paladin forums: Paladins need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Priest forums: Priests need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Rogue forums: Rogues need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Shaman forums: Shamans need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Warlock forums: Warlocks need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Warrior forums: Warriors need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Monk forums: I don't recognize Monks as a real class.
    But, if you did - Monk needs buffs, everything else needs nerfs.

I don't know but I saw a blue post about warlock need fixing,
    Not that I give a shit anymore these days but apparently they suck

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I don't know but I saw a blue post about warlock need fixing,
    Not that I give a shit anymore these days but apparently they suck
    Not only they suck but destro rotation is boring as hell, immolate-conflagrate-incinerate-chaos bolt when available and artifact portal on cd
    (i don't main a lock)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"
    Yeah, pretty much this.
    "Your class is OP, mine sucks".
    Says every class.

They all have issues, but there is little real constructive discussion or compilation of issues amongst all the whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I've learned to read between the lines. Not all classes and specs are dissatisfied, and there are certainly outliers in the QQ like for example affliction warlocks wanting some tuning or people begging for DH pvp burst nerfs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    Everyone is simultaneous OP and garbage, that every class is bland and boring while the other class is much better, and that every nerf is unjustified while blizzard neglects to both nerf and/or buff everyone at the same time.

It's nuts.
    It's nuts especially since none of that stuff matters at all for anyone beside the people seriously pushing race progression.
    The rest of us don't really have to care, but forums are full of huff about nerfs, buffs, OP and garbage specs, for us it's all down to "is this fun or not".

People are stupid, and there's no cure for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    This thread will now proceed to reinforce all of the above.

This is more indicative that a lot of classes have problems with their new design than it is to do with raw overall data. Some of it is a result of classes (supposedly) having stronger niches and larger flaws than they did before, making them feel underpowered or just not as fun in certain situations.

Honestly though, the vast majority of the feedback I've seen is not so much "we're too weak, buff us" but rather "this playstyle/niche is flawed and needs improvement". A lot of specs are suffering from this right now thanks to the revamp. We're back to version 1.0 for most classes, and with that comes many flaws and the need for polish and iteration.

I have frost DK, havoc DH and affli Lock on 110 and i tell you, that grass is greener, a lot greener on DHs garden (and i am not playing vengeance, which is OP in pvp).

They should just implement a game system whereby everybody grows stronger over time.

(SWIDT?)

Blizzard: Bosses now also have a chance to drop ponies! A pony makes your character better.
    Players: AAARGH ponies are RNG!
    Now it's even harder to be perfect. /unsub
    They should just make ponies baseline.
    LOL @ World of Ponycraft.

Not only they suck but destro rotation is boring as hell, immolate-conflagrate-incinerate-chaos bolt when available and artifact portal on cd
    (i don't main a lock)
    And stay in the fire to continue casting those chaos bolt lol

(i don't main a lock)
    So basically the core rotation is the same as it's been since MOP