Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Can we stop believing this? C'thun and Yogg are still alive, just back in their prison, we can see in the pre-expansion Ulduar quests that Saronite is still forming Faceless under the control of Yogg.
    they are dead until stated otherwise by blizz, since they said they were dead dead

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Can we stop believing this? C'thun and Yogg are still alive, just back in their prison, we can see in the pre-expansion Ulduar quests that Saronite is still forming Faceless under the control of Yogg.
    Those were echos.

Also arguing that they are still alive is arguing against Metzen, Alex Afrasiabi and Yogg.

old god fans. so much denial.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I don't think people see the bigger game the old gods are playing, Bring the 5 pillars together will free them, they are telling u the truth on that, because if u want to then stop then u need to let the legion win, eg not close the portal, the old gods are laughing at us because they have plans in place we can't stop.

Whats the best way to mess with you, tell you the truth, the truth u don't want to hear or know is coming. Old gods are about fear and power, and right now they have us playing there games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think the Old Gods reckon "death" in the same way we do (and even for us, in-game, death is kind of a slap on the wrist). Yogg-Saron, C'Thun, and Y'Shaarj are all dead, but the symptoms and even the ramifications of their deaths persist long and long after death occurs. Y'Shaarj was plucked bodily from the surface of Azeroth like a blood-gorged tick and destroyed by the Titan Aman'thul, but elements of his sentience and his power persists for millennia after the fact in the form of the Prime Sha and even his Heart which contained aspects of malicious intelligence and his will. We're seeing the same with Yogg-Saron in Legion as the echoes of his will persist in Ulduar, and the very ground is still saturated with his substance in the form of Saronite and its byproducts. C'Thun's corpse (and like his fellow dead Old Gods) was able to commune with and even physically warp and twist Cho'gall into a mockery - setting up the events of Cata and part of Deathwing's emergence to prompt the Hour of Twilight.

Except for N'Zoth the Old Gods are dead, but they are also outside the cycle - and we know from "War of the Ancients" that they also have the ability to influence time in undefined ways. I can't write them off just yet, and I don't think it's wise to consider them completely out of the fight. A lot of things make me think a trip to the Black Empire of Azeroth's past is probably somewhere in our relative future.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    N'zoth is the last old god left.
    I think that is a bad play on blizzard as old gods are something a lot of people really like, UNLESS u look at it in a different view, those are the last old gods locked up! there are more just not locked away playing bigger games.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    I think that is a bad play on blizzard as old gods are something a lot of people really like, UNLESS u look at it in a different view, those are the last old gods locked up! there are more just not locked away playing bigger games.
    Old gods are servants of the void lords, if N'zoth is killed, the void lords can always haul a few new ones in Azeroth's direction. So even if they are all killed off, there can always appear more powerful ones later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Old gods are a servants of the void lords, if N'zoth is killed, the void lords can always haul a few new ones in Azeroth's direction. So even if they are all killed off, there can always appear more powerful ones later on.
    yeah thats my point, I'm sure there are far more, and nothing stopping them from making there way to us in our home place.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNight at MMOC View Post
    The Nightwell?
    I think so. If you stand at the bottom of a well in the middle of the night and look upwards, what you'll see above you is a circle of stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

Elune is an Old God confirmed?

Moons have craters, Elune is said to be the moon....?
    Elune is not literally the moon. (Besides Azeroth has TWO moons)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

Elune is an Old God confirmed?

Moons have craters, Elune is said to be the moon....?
    no, and azeroth even has 2 moons, and elune isnt literally the moon.
    nor is she an old god, ever read the quest text during the lights heart questline?
    and the quote screams "broken heart" into your face.
    its jaina, especially obvious because of theramore.
    her broken heart is a crater, hatred, despair and darkness filled it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    I think so. If you stand at the bottom of a well in the middle of the night and look upwards, what you'll see above you is a circle of stars.
    Emerald Nightmare and Azsuna spoilers: Apparently N'zoth's prison weakened after cleansing the Nightmare at the end of the raid (Shadow Priest dagger whispers to the player something along those lines), so could severing the Nightwell's power from the Legion portal also weaken N'zoth's prison? Would be interesting to see the heroes of Azeroth removing one threat only to unknowingly release another one upon the world. Azshara could also be working to break N'zoth free of his prison (her original plan with the Tidestone?) since she appeared once in Azsuna then left her minions to do all the work. Il'gynoth also seems very confident that N'zoth will be released after his death and it shall be inevitable.

Deleted
    I would say Blizzard is trying to mislead everyone. Boy king being Wrathion, not Anduin perhaps. Her crater could be Jaina, yes. But also the planet itself and Old gods actually physically filling her core. Lord of ravens perhaps raven form guardian, I admit that. But also Ravencrest, even though he died we can again see spiritual sh*t. And lastly drowning part could be the part we are still missing from the game and it's added later on.

Something I have been thinking about, what if The Tomb of Sargeras, the Nightwell and/or another legendary source of power... is powering N'zoth's prison? Using the pillars to seal or destroy the tomb, for example, might cut the power for the prison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashen View Post
    Something I have been thinking about, what if The Tomb of Sargeras, the Nightwell and/or another legendary source of power... is powering N'zoth's prison? Using the pillars to seal or destroy the tomb, for example, might cut the power for the prison.
    i dont think the tomb can be, wasnt that just built after war of the ancients?

edit: my bad, was an old night elf temple? if so i still dont see how that would be powering the prison, the prison is far older than night elf civilisation
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2016-09-22 at 09:22 PM.

1. "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn." --- This refers to Magni.

2. "Five keys to open our way, Five torches to light our path." --- Pillars and The Council.

3. "To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars." --- Illidan, considering his soul is floating somewhere in the nether; could also refers to a Void Lord in the nether or N'zoth at the heart of Suramar.

4. "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you." --- refers to Anduin with three lies being patience, tolerance and faith. (as Mentioned by Varian during cinematic)

5. "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." --- Azeroth.

6. "The lord of ravens will turn the key." --- i guess it foreshadows the events which will be taken place during Karazhan. My bet is on Medivh or his apprentice.

7. "Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator." --- reminding that we belong to the old gods and doing what they do best, manipulating us to turn against titans.

8. "Her third death will herald our coming." --- Iron throne belongs to Thrall.
    Last edited by Shadow of the Darkspear; 2016-09-23 at 12:57 PM.
    The sands of time have run out, Son of Durotan, The cries of war echo upon the winds, The remnants of the past scar the land, which is besieged once again by conflict...
    Heroes arise to challenge fate and lead their brethren to battle, As mortal armies rush blindly towards their doom, The Burning Shadow comes to consume us all.

On german servers he says that we will see them freed after her third death. Guess that means if he isn't lying to us that Sylvanas will die once more, and N'Zoth will be freed afterwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
    On german servers he says that we will see them freed after her third death. Guess that means if he isn't lying to us that Sylvanas will die once more, and N'Zoth will be freed afterwards.
    didnt sylvanas already die 3 times?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    Curse of flesh was all of the Old Gods doing. It could perhaps be saying that all the Old Gods are actually one being, which would explain why they all represent body parts (C'thun being the eyes, Yogg Saron being the mouth, etc)
    Perhaps Azeroth is actually an Old God and not a Titan, or perhaps it's not even a being and that was a lie.
    They are not. Chronicle is written omnisciently and pretty much asserts they were separate individual parasites.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i dont think the tomb can be, wasnt that just built after war of the ancients?

edit: my bad, was an old night elf temple? if so i still dont see how that would be powering the prison, the prison is far older than night elf civilisation
    The Tomb of Sargeras is the former Temple of Elune of Suramar, and it is an extremely ancient structure. The pre-expansion audiobook about Khadgar and Gul'dan (and Kil'jaeden) reveals that in a very deep room of the temple, ancient elves sealed away something of enormous power, something that Khadgar could not identify. It was also in that room that Aegwynn chose to seal the Avatar of Sargeras.