Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

40 % nerf assas! @ pvp

haha, are they joking with me ??? they said they wont nerf specs to much becuase of AP. and like yea our dmg was a bit high.. but we dont have blind and gouge, and no cc at all, expect stun, which all classes has, and is on DR

So now they nerfed 30 % agility, and 10 % flat dmg.. thats like 30 % nerf damage in pvp..

cant kill anyone now

and iam lvl 23 ap trait, and now iam worthless.. GL finding a grp for 3s, or rbg now.. fucking retarded blizzard!

So respec? It barely makes any difference you can be at the first gold trait with less than 6k AP. Why the fuck you went Assass in the first place though is beyond me, it was always going to be Outlaw (ugh) or Sub.

What is beta for if they need to nerf a class so much one month after release? Are they even playing their game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    What is beta for if they need to nerf a class so much one month after release? Are they even playing their game?
    everyone was playing DH in beta xD did you realy think people would play rogue ? they get hardly played on live why would people play them on beta ?
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    everyone was playing DH in beta xD did you realy think people would play rogue ? they get hardly played on live why would people play them on beta ?
    They need empiric data to actually know if a spec is overtuned? Also can't they test their game internally?

I will concede that assass burst was too high, but 30% is way too much.

We have poor mobility, very few control abilities, and no game ending RNG potential like outlaw's roll the bones. All we had was our damage. Now there's little reason to play the spec. Classic over-nerf.
    Last edited by Nemyhlol; 2016-09-22 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    That's not true. There was A LOT of feedback for rogues during the beta. That wouldn't have existed if "everyone played DH".

Quote Originally Posted by Nemyhlol View Post
    I will concede that assass burst was too high, but 30% is way too much.

We have poor mobility, very few control abilities, and no game ending RNG potential like outlaw's roll the bones. All we had was our damage. Now there's little reason to play the spec. Classic over-nerf.
    This, basically. I saw a nerf coming, but 30% is just way over the top. The damage is still somewhat okay-ish, I guess, but it doesn't justify the lack of utility that assassination suffers from anymore. It's just not enough for a spec that has nothing else. Such a shame, I really liked Assassination.
    Time to hope for a quick, small buff or to reroll.

Fucking ridiculous is what it is.

And I don't think Sin burst was high (have you met Demon Hunters, who do MORE burst in AOE?). The class identity was fine as super-squish with almost no CC, but immense single target pressure. Now the spec is literally worthless.

Deleted
    I don't get this nerf at all.

Out of all nerfs in recent history, this one even as a non rogue player *im a Warrior* This one makes 0 sense whatsoever as Assassination Rogues has so bad mobility and utility compared to the other specs.

Can't wait for them to nerf Arms because it hits hard, every dps should do equal dps they said, ignoring mobility and utility all together.

Stick a fork in it boys, assass is done. Was a good 3 week run.

Deleted
    Where is the pvp stat template? Maybe sin rogue just had too high base values and is now in line with the other specs?

Rogues in general needed to be slapped with a nerf, they were vastly overtuned. 30% is vicious, we'll have to see how it turns out.
    Working on my next ban.

They need empiric data to actually know if a spec is overtuned? Also can't they test their game internally?
    No they can't, that is the reason behind such hugely open betas...

im trying so hard to remain positive. Seriously, four days ago I said to myself "outlaw is cool but I think assassination is more my cup of tea with the slightly less reliance on rng and slinging poison at everyone in sight." I only casually pvp and raid weekly but am not by any means one of those "this slight dps difference potential will ruin my life in guild and game," but this is almost if not more senseless than the talks of shadow priest nerf in 7.1. It simply doesn't make sense. Won't deter me from playing it but blizzard has these ridiculous differentials between classes and theyre focusing on the lower end and broadening that difference from the top. If they want us all to play DH just tell us, delete every other class, and add a healer spec to the DH repertoire so we can still run dungeons and raids. Hoping I didn't just give them a "lightbulb moment" with that last bit -_________________-
    fo·rum /ˈfôrəm/ noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora
    1. a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Deleted
    As Outlaw let me put it this way; "Ahahahahahahahaha!". Everyone should've seen this coming from a mile away. Not to this extent but a nerf was incoming. This isn't just a nerf, it's scorched earth.

Getting streamers and high ranked guilds to promote the product.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    So respec? It barely makes any difference you can be at the first gold trait with less than 6k AP. Why the fuck you went Assass in the first place though is beyond me, it was always going to be Outlaw (ugh) or Sub.
    well, there are ppl who enjoy playing assa in PvP, like I do...

Problem with Beta is also that alot of players don't test stuff seriously, or just test other stuff then PVP, of the wrong kind of PVP. When i was on beta i would see alot of duelling e.d. going on, but if they balance PVP around 3vs3 and (R)BG and those aren't tested (enough), then you might see nerfs / buffs incoming when they do get the data they need to how Arena / BG balance is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewantcookie View Post
    well, there are ppl who enjoy playing assa in PvP, like I do...
    You like playing a spec that does nothing in PvP besides... PvE players? They nerfed it enough to make it pointless before Legion even launched. Playing it was your choice, you knew it was going to be shit either way, surely?

I was playing Assass on beta since Sub was clunky as fuck, and, it was absurdly OP. I mean, this is my [awful, I didn't even exs lol] play in a duel (yeah, not worth anything, I know) vs Xaryu. https://clips.twitch.tv/xaryulol/GorgeousElkOSfrog

Even the likes of Xaryu couldn't do anything vs a terrible play when you have a class that can just do absurd DoT damage in an opener. That is the only thing Assass had that made it worth playing since they removed the control side. That obviously isn't going to be a thing in arena, so... nerfs were a thing, and obviously weren't enough.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-09-23 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    You like playing a spec that does nothing in PvP besides... PvE players? They nerfed it enough to make it pointless before Legion even launched. Playing it was your choice, you knew it was going to be shit either way, surely?

I was playing Assass on beta since Sub was clunky as fuck, and, it was absurdly OP. I mean, this is my [awful, I didn't even exs lol] play in a duel (yeah, not worth anything, I know) vs Xaryu. https://clips.twitch.tv/xaryulol/GorgeousElkOSfrog

Even the likes of Xaryu couldn't do anything vs a terrible play when you have a class that can just do absurd DoT damage in an opener. That is the only thing Assass had that made it worth playing since they removed the control side. That obviously isn't going to be a thing in arena, so... nerfs were a thing, and obviously weren't enough.
    That duel is beyond meaningless.. mages counter assass even before nerf if they have ever played against one before and know sort of what to do