Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    Worst thread necro of all time.
    Clearly don't know the meaning of the word necro.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    How is this thread still alive?

I know that everyone is hoping for more information regarding legacy servers at Blizzcon... and I hope they just glaze over it completely.
    Because people are interested in the topic of classic discussion. Thought that would be quite obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Because people are interested in the topic of classic discussion. Thought that would be quite obvious.
    shit, you just did it again! go necro more old threads. useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I know for a fact first grade math does not include percentages.

I am happy, thanks. I am enjoying Legion and hope they do not funnel resources away from the live version to please 10% of the population.
    You could still enjoy your single player experience, when others have left.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    Worst thread necro of all time.
    A necro thread is one being commented on after being dead for months or years.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I contributed to this thread over a 1000 pages ago.

Even then there was literally nothing that was being said that hadn't already been exhausted. There is quite literally NO discussion left to be had here other than, "We still want it."

Case in point:

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Bumping because I don't want the Classic realm train to stop.
    Already reported for shameful bumping.

This thread should have NEVER been allowed to exist, and allowing it to exist because it was "news" (allowing it to still exist) only encourages and perpetuates abuse of forum rules and guidelines (again see above quote).

Bottom line: This is a circle jerk thread. No one is really here to have "discussion" because none of the supporters are interested in hearing an opposing view. "You know what would be really cool..." *Fleh* *Fleh* "Awh man that's a great idea!" *Fleh* *Fleh* "Thanks man!" *Fleh* *Fleh*

This thread is widely ignored by moderators... UNLESS you come in here to to oppose the position, in which case you will be causing unrest, get reported for flaming/trolling and THOSE people get moderator action. So again... there is no discussion to be had.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-09-22 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aethermachine View Post
    A necro thread is one being commented on after being dead for months or years.
    hence the correct use of necro.

not going to happen.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I'm pretty sure the TOS/EULA that you clicked I agree to doesn't allow you to use the game client to connect to 3rd party services. So technically you are breaking the law. Blizzard isn't going to chase each individual though as it would the same as going after people for downloading music.
    Its not breaking the law, at worst its breaking a contract, but in most of for example Europe EULA's mean nothing as in general the whole EULA is void if there are any clauses in it that don't follow the law in Europe. Sure they can try to sue you in a civil suit for breaking the contract, but atleast in Europe its very questionable if Blizzard could even win that.

Breaking the TOS and EULA in any way (boting, playing on private servers, whatever) is not illegal because they're not legally binding documents.
    The worse that can happen is Blizzard denying you access to their official servers (ie banning you).

If you think otherwise you're just clueless.

I contributed to this thread over a 1000 pages ago.

Even then there was literally nothing that was being said that hadn't already been exhausted. There is quite literally NO discussion left to be had here other than, "We still want it."

Case in point:

Already reported for shameful bumping.

This thread should have NEVER been allowed to exist, and allowing it to exist because it was "news" (allowing it to still exist) only encourages and perpetuates abuse of forum rules and guidelines (again see above quote).

Bottom line: This is a circle jerk thread. No one is really here to have "discussion" because none of the supporters are interested in hearing an opposing view. "You know what would be really cool..." *Fleh* *Fleh* "Awh man that's a great idea!" *Fleh* *Fleh* "Thanks man!" *Fleh* *Fleh*

This thread is widely ignored by moderators... UNLESS you come in here to to oppose the position, in which case you will be causing unrest, get reported for flaming/trolling and THOSE people get moderator action. So again... there is no discussion to be had.
    Uhm no the thread exists because it is for the discussion of both classic world of warcraft and the possibility of Legacy servers. Don't post or read if you don't want to. Moderators allowed it to so that we wouldn't have a fuckload of vanilla topics clogging the general discussion page.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-09-22 at 06:16 PM.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back vanilla wow.

MAKE WOW GREAT AGAIN!!!!
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is allowed by us because it provides a place for people to discuss classic WoW, Nostalrius, the idea of legacy servers, and other things classic-related.

Flaming people will not be tolerated, however, we're not going to slap people you report because you don't happen to like classic (or vice versa).

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm no the thread exists because it is for the discussion of both classic world of warcraft and the possibility of Legacy servers. Don't post or read if you don't want to. Moderators allowed it to so that we wouldn't have a fuckload of vanilla topics clogging the general discussion page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This thread is allowed by us because it provides a place for people to discuss classic WoW, Nostalrius, the idea of legacy servers, and other things classic-related.

Flaming people will not be tolerated, however, we're not going to slap people you report because you don't happen to like classic (or vice versa).
    I rest my case.

Most of what I read or contribute to comes from the front page under "Recent Forum Posts" is there a way to unflag this particular thread so it doesn't show up for me?
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-09-22 at 06:22 PM.

I rest my case.
    Why? You can ignore the topic if you freely want to. Posting here about how the thread shouldn't exist yet it still garners interest is hardly constructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of what I read or contribute to comes from the front page under "Recent Forum Posts" is there a way to unflag this particular thread so it doesn't show up for me?
    No, there is no such feature. If you don't wish to post in this thread, you don't have to.

Everyone, let's get back on the general topic, please. Any further concerns can be addressed via PM

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    So insinuating that everyone who plays, wants to play for free, is a misnomer, as far as I'm concerned.
    That's not the statement being made. The one that is critical to Vanilla Servers happening is always going to boil down to making a profit. When private server populations are brought up to justify a reason to have official Vanilla servers, the immediate criticism is going to be that these servers are free. Private server populations are not indicative of an official server business model.

The F2P factor heavily complicates the situation, and is itself a low-risk incentive to play. When factoring in a subscription for Vanilla exclusively, things get complicated. Ideally, people will sub for both and play each server equally. But the risk to Blizzard is that some people will unsub regular WoW to sub for Vanilla, which only shifts their source of income rather than generate it. There is also the risk that private server population numbers were skewed with a high influx of 'casuals' who aren't completely invested in long-term play, rendering a subscription model inefficient.

This risk factor is why it's relevant to point out that Private servers are free.

As for 'everyone who plays, wants to play for free', that's a subjective exaggeration that shouldn't even bother being addressed. Blanket statements like that aren't even worth the time to talk about, wouldn't you agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I'm pretty sure the TOS/EULA that you clicked I agree to doesn't allow you to use the game client to connect to 3rd party services. So technically you are breaking the law. Blizzard isn't going to chase each individual though as it would the same as going after people for downloading music.
    I would would argue that they're not breaking the law, but it hasn't been tested in court, as far as I know. The legal issues around pirate servers has always been on the hosts, not the users, because the users don't actually steal anything, as they already have the client and data files on their HD, and there was a recent DRM case that decided that circcumventing DRM, and explaining how to do it, isn't illegal, if it's done on content you own. (but if you do it to share the content, it is.) (Abbey House Media vs. Apple) The only legal right Blizzard has is to ban players from their servers, if caught on pirate servers, an action they havent even hinted at taking.

The issue here is the consumption of pirated materials - and it's extremely hard to get any concrete decisions or theory on it. The entire focus is on the act of sharing/streaming/hosting.

Is accessing a pirate server illegal? I'm not sure. The content isn't being streamed, like a movie, the files are already on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    The statement stands because Blizz has treated legacy as an admission of inadequacy. The people unsubbing right now speak for themselves. Yes my bias is showing, and so is your fanboy bias. WoD had a lot of people happy at launch. It seems like day 1 sales were great for Legion but did not match prepurchases (from the reports of DH created in the prepatch), and the post Legion unsub rate appears to already be in line with WoD. I have played the game a lot longer than most and everyone I have on my battlenet friends list who played from any expansion before Cata are still not subbing (save 1).

Legacy might save wow.
    My "fanboy bias is showing" because I called you out on your ridiculous rhetoric that Blizzard would be admitting that their current game is garbage if they accepted the fact that some people (a vocal minority, by all indications) want to play classic realms and that Blizz is willing to give it a shot? That's hilarious.

EDIT: This is me calling him out on his rhetoric, please note the lack of personal attacks, mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to say right now, I played on Nostalrius till level 60 and did raiding. If they re-release Vanilla they need to make some changes (like a remastering of sorts), keep most of the game the same but it needs to be harder at level 60. They need to make MC and BWL harder, add better gearing for specs like balance druid etc. I mean if they're going to make legacy servers at least update the things Vanilla sucked at but without ruining Vanilla's community aspect. Like each server had their own community and nowadays that's just not there. Definitely cap each server to about 7500 on and add more quests to some zones just because you can. I'd even say add new mechanics to bosses in 5 mans and MC.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    My "fanboy bias is showing" because I called you out on your ridiculous rhetoric that Blizzard would be admitting that their current game is garbage if they accepted the fact that some people (a vocal minority, by all indications) want to play classic realms and that Blizz is willing to give it a shot? That's hilarious.

EDIT: This is me calling him out on his rhetoric, please note the lack of personal attacks, mods.
    Blizzard has discussed the reasons why some of them are interested in doing it - they want to preseve it as a piece of their history, they think it's fun to revisit the game, and I'm sure some of them find the challenge interesting. It's never been discussed in terms of "It makes us look bad", if anything, Ion' comments after the wrapup of the Nost crew visiting has been about "what do we need to do, to improve the game?", not "We're admitting Legion is garbage".

Saying the latter is angry, manchild angst talking - they want it to be that, but it never will, but it won't stop them from posting their insipid ideas as some sort of twisted revenge fantasy here.