Thread: [TV] South Park

Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I wonder what it tells younger characters.
    "Member when you were a baby and don't member? No member?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    "Member when you were a baby and don't member? No member?!"
    I curious if it is trying to give a certain political message or if they are based on the person actual memories/nostalgia.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Its an alright episode, but I prefer the old South Park that had funny individual plots for each episode. I thought they milked out the Lorde and PC stuff in previous seasons way to much, it just wasn't funny to me at all anymore.
    I like to have an overarching plotline, sure, but it should be a subtle/background thing, rather than a driving force of each episode. Like this episode had some funny parts, but seems like it's more setup than anything, so it's sort of lacking.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Y'all member? I member.

10+ Year Old Account
    I curious if it is trying to give a certain political message or if they are based on the person actual memories/nostalgia.
    I'm guessing it was Randy's specific memories. He wasn't always all about PC, and he's getting member berries from before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I'm guessing it was Randy's specific memories. He wasn't always all about PC, and he's getting member berries from before.
    I think they're going to be a running plotline. It's going to be the Member berries that are responsible for everyone voting for Trum... Err, I mean, Garrison. They lul you into a false sense of serenity with all their talk of Chewbacca and Rocketman, then once you're all calm and nostalgic BAMN. Mexicans.

No doubt it'll turn out the member berries are created by the Adds from last season or something.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

If the muslim's can't kill um, then you think Hillary can?

But I enjoy this episode, seems like they are doing more sagas now.
    You do realize they/Comedy Central pretty much caved to the Muslims right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    If all it took was some black bars and comedic editing to trick the extremists then I would say CC won that fight.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    If all it took was some black bars and comedic editing to trick the extremists then I would say CC won that fight.
    It was like a bleeped full minute or two during the speech..... literally bleeped. It was actually shown once in airing ever and then never again not even in the dvd.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was like a bleeped full minute or two during the speech..... literally bleeped. It was actually shown once in airing ever and then never again not even in the dvd.
    Wait south park censored something????? I need to see this plz!

Deleted
    Wait south park censored something????? I need to see this plz!
    The Stick of Truth was heavily censored in the UK, luckily I had a US import copy but my friends missed half the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Comedy Central caved, the South Park people did not.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone watch the episode tonight? Had some humor here and there but i feel its still setup stage.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Yeah these first two episodes weren't great, I donno. I do like the serialized nature of the last season and what seems to be this one, but they seemed to set too much up this early on.

By comparison, the whole Lorde storyline that bled over into the rest of the season didn't start until episode 3 of Season 18.

I was laughing my ass off as Kyle's dad was trolling to the tune of Boston.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Anyone watch the episode tonight? Had some humor here and there but i feel its still setup stage.
    I don't know, the moment Cartman realized they were going to smash his stuff was hilarious.

Deleted
    I don't know, the moment Cartman realized they were going to smash his stuff was hilarious.
    That was hilarious yeah. The rest of the episode was okay.

Gone are the days when all (Most?) Southpark episodes are hilarious from beginning to end. The last episode which was awesome was Cock Magic imo.

I thought it was a fine episode. Who cares if it still set stuff up, there was humor throughout the whole thing. You guys are just nitpicking.

Lol when the neighbors argued and one of them said "you're voting for the terrorists." Yep, most extremists are like that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I thought it was a fine episode. Who cares if it still set stuff up, there was humor throughout the whole thing. You guys are just nitpicking.

Lol when the neighbors argued and one of them said "you're voting for the terrorists." Yep, most extremists are like that...
    Am not nitpicking. Yes, there is humor, yes it is sitll fun to watch. But it's nowhere near as funny as the stand alone episodes are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Am not nitpicking. Yes, there is humor, yes it is sitll fun to watch. But it's nowhere near as funny as the stand alone episodes are.
    I feel like each has their ups and downs. If I had to pick a style, I would say stick with the stand alone ones as well, but if you follow along for a whole season it ends up being better for the continuity. Even trade-off, assuming you watch the whole thing in order.