Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    True, Cairne challenged him and Garrosh didn't know about the poison. BUT at the end of the day, Cairne still fought Garrosh because of his actions and Garrosh obviously won. Why would others try to content with him when he beat someone like Cairne?

I have both Alliance and horde characters, sure I predominantly play Horde, but I that is because my friends are Horde. So I'm not "bending over backwards" to find excuses for the Horde, I was merely pointing out that your comment was very dismissive of anything that didn't agree with your thoughts, and it was proven again when all you took from my comment was the first line and not the rest of it where I explain what I believe to be a decent reply.
    The allegation was that Garrosh killed Cairne for 'going against him' when in fact the whole duel was started by Cairne who was actually accusing Garrosh of crimes he was innocent of. Garrosh was no saint but in this case he was not the criminal. If Cairne had won he'd have killed Garrosh over crimes he didn't commit. Garrosh did many things wrong but it all started because Cairne made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    The allegation was that Garrosh killed Cairne for 'going against him' when in fact the whole duel was started by Cairne who was actually accusing Garrosh of crimes he was innocent of. Garrosh was no saint but in this case he was not the criminal. If Cairne had won he'd have killed Garrosh over crimes he didn't commit. Garrosh did many things wrong but it all started because Cairne made a mistake.
    Garrosh lost the Mak'gora by disqualification but did not honor it. He should have stepped down as soon as he found out his weapon was poisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Garrosh lost the Mak'gora by disqualification but did not honor it. He should have stepped down as soon as he found out his weapon was poisoned.
    He did not realize it was poisoned until after the fact. Him stepping down after the fact would have done what exactly? His challenger was already dead. And even then it doesn't change the fact that Cairne was actually the one in the wronh between the two. And Magatha of course. But in this one case Garrosh's only 'sin' was not realizing that shaman oil was actually poison.
    Last edited by Florena; 2016-09-22 at 03:28 PM.

He did not realize it was poisoned until after the fact.
    Right and that is when he should have stepped down and honored the Mak'gora. This isn't WWE.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Cairne also did not trust Garrosh's rule (obviously now he was right), Cairne did not like the way Garrosh was taking the Horde (Look at the Shattering: Prelude to cataclysm novel.) After being deceived by Hamuul, Cairne issues the challenge, I think it would have happened anyway but this was the last straw.

Garrosh wanted a challenge to the death (something that Thrall did not like in the Horde).

Cairne didn't make a mistake, he was deceived. The duel would have happened anyway, and we do not know if Cairne would have killed Garrosh or not.

But the point of my post was after the death of Cairne, who would have went against Garrosh? Especially since Cairne was an absolute badass.

I wish Baine was like that :/

Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    Cairne also did not trust Garrosh's rule (obviously now he was right), Cairne did not like the way Garrosh was taking the Horde (Look at the Shattering: Prelude to cataclysm novel.) After being deceived by Hamuul, Cairne issues the challenge, I think it would have happened anyway but this was the last straw.

Garrosh wanted a challenge to the death (something that Thrall did not like in the Horde).

Cairne didn't make a mistake, he was deceived. The duel would have happened anyway, and we do not know if Cairne would have killed Garrosh or not.

But the point of my post was after the death of Cairne, who would have went against Garrosh? Especially since Cairne was an absolute badass.

I wish Baine was like that :/
    Garrosh only made it a duel to the death in an attempt to bluff Cairbe into backing down. He didn't want to fight him. Cairne was deceived and in the wrong. We don't know what would have happened if Cairne hadn't challenged Garrosh. It's all hypothetical. Even if some feared Garrosh more after the duel it changes nothing. The point I'm making is that Garrosh didn't kill Cairne for going against him. The situation is more complicated than that and while Garrosh did bad things before and after the duel, Garrosh killing Cairne is not an example of abuse of power or evil on Garrosh's part. Just because he was ultimately bad doesn't mean he was in the wrong in every situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Right and that is when he should have stepped down and honored the Mak'gora. This isn't WWE.
    And throw the horde into more turmoil? Who would take his place? Cairne was already dead it's not like he could appoint a successor. If Cairne had survived I could see your point but Mak Gora is between two parties, there is no third party here to pass it on to.

And throw the horde into more turmoil? Who would take his place? Cairne was already dead it's not like he could appoint a successor. If Cairne had survived I could see your point but Mak Gora is between two parties, there is no third party here to pass it on to.
    Could have thrown a rock outside and saw who it hit. Anyone would have been better than Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because some alliance players like to pretend they're 'oppressed'.

Could have thrown a rock outside and saw who it hit. Anyone would have been better than Garrosh.
    So you have no actual solution?

10+ Year Old Account
    He found out after he got the Axe in Cairne chest, so i wouldn't blame Garrosh for that (Still an asshole though)

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Because you dont know lore or dont see conection, doesnt mean it is out of place.
    The lead in story is the legion is attacking and the Alliance and Horde need to work together. It was really forced how the story writers put it like the Horde left the Alliance stranded and therefore their King died - reminds me a bit of the writing for the movie...

So anyways, we have this event that happened 3 expansions ago - I'd say most people were like myself and not able to make the connection. It was like 6 years ago and I don't play alts through that content - I haven't since Cata.

It feels out of place compared to the other zones and the fact we are looking for the pillars of creation, not revenge. Anyways, I play Horde so from my point of view, I keep getting told who my new Warchief is - I have zero say, yet I have been a commander and am called Hero all the time...I couldn't even in a RP way NOT give my oath to the new warchief without getting the story progressed to get to Dal - on at least 1 character.

The Lore in this story is convenient when they want it to be, but the writers really should have brought the back story back into the picture so the context is clear to ALL players.

So you have no actual solution?
    I gave a far more viable solution than Garrosh being leader of the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    He found out after he got the Axe in Cairne chest, so i wouldn't blame Garrosh for that (Still an asshole though)
    Exactly he found out about it after the fact and should have stepped down immediately with that information. To do otherwise violates the sanctity of the Mak'gora.

I gave a far more viable solution than Garrosh being leader of the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly he found out about it after the fact and should have stepped down immediately with that information. To do otherwise violates the sanctity of the Mak'gora.
    Again though the other person is dead and handing warchief off to some random person wouldn't do any good in keeping the horde stable. Why should he step down because someone unknowingly tipped the scales for him? If Cairbe had survived the thing to do would be have a rematcg with no foul play.

Again though the other person is dead and handing warchief off to some random person wouldn't do any good in keeping the horde stable. Why should he step down because someone unknowingly tipped the scales for him? If Cairbe had survived the thing to do would be have a rematcg with no foul play.
    He should have stepped down because he lost the Mak'gora because of the poison and then kept that knowledge to himself.

Because Blizzard have favored the Horde for years and years. It's a question of some sort of equalization of the factions, even if that's a long time and many Horde losses off, yet.

He should have stepped down because he lost the Mak'gora because of the poison and then kept that knowledge to himself.
    Well that's your opinion but there was no victor to step down FOR. Mak gora is an honor duel between two i dividuals. With Cairne gone there's nobody who had earned it. And Garrosh wasn't even the one at fault for the cheating. So far as MG is concerned him stepping down woyld only add further chaos for the horde in an already trou led time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Because vocal alliance fanboys are used to getting their way by whining. They think they need the story needs to punish the horde cause Blizzard decided to kill their stuptid king. In their tear-filled eyes they are always the victims, they always deserve reparations for whatever happens in the story they think it's not 100% in their favor and they can't stop talking about killing Sylvanas.
    I'm not really interested in an equal ratio. One side always ends up shortchanged. The Horde got a cool intro to Twilight Highlands, the Alliance got a glorified meme. Nazgrim died with honor, Admiral Taylor went out like a chump. Same thing with the Broken Shore. Varian's death was impactful and rallied Alliance players. Vol'jin's death, on the other hand, was a mess. The guy was Warchief for one expansion and then unceremoniously killed by a random Felguard. The only thing I remember him doing as I played WoD was showing up in my garrison and saying "Ey mon. We needa shipwright ta fite da Iron Horde!" All of the effort spent building him up in MoP went in the fucking shitter because they did nothing with him in WoD and he died before Legion even launched.

I don't want Sylvanas to die because Varian did and I want to get even. I want Sylvanas to die because she's an evil, unstable selfish Bitch Queen who would sacrifice everyone and anything else to save her own wretched life. The fact that she's Warchief only makes it worse. She'll screw over all of the people who have put their faith in her just to go chase and enslave deities for her own personal gain. Just like Gul'dan abandoned the old Horde to acquire power for himself. If we're destined to join with the Army of Light (as per Illidan's vision), I can't fathom a scenario in which Sylvanas is one of it's champions. Plague, torture and forced servitude are not the traits of good people. They're tools of the Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Really, Garrosh didn't even do anything that crazy before he started being influenced by the old god. Garithos was just a huge piece of shit in general, but he's not representative of the alliance at all. Both factions have their dark sides. And I don't think Sylvanas should be punished for her retreat at all, Greymane is the one who acted hastily without knowing the truth and tried to kill her. Honestly, that whole "the alliance didn't know" is just bad writing. It isn't hard to put 2 and 2 together to figure out why she called a retreat and is utter BS for the alliance to think of it as a betrayal, no one is that stupid.

I also think it's bad writing that every catalyst for Horde vs Alliance aggression is centered around miscommunication or some 3rd party who aren't really the Horde or Alliance. If we're gonna have any meaningful PVP, at least own up and create some interesting story behind it rather than being some rogue subfaction or miscommunication causing global scale hostility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was dead already....

If you mean the first swim that only made a small cut (That got Cairne poisoned and got the shit to go down), Garrosh did not notice until it was too late