I felt that it has to be mentioned, on H Nythendra, according to warcraft logs, 189 out of the top 200 tanks are Prot warriors.

Deleted
    ranked 95 percentile on Heroic nythendra in healing, i dont know man but i feel i big hard nerf comming to IP i take smooth damage as in i take no damage at all lol.

Deleted
    It is Nythendra though, it's a completely different story on Heroic Ursoc or even Heroic Il'gynoth where your 2 million IP shields are being eaten away by simple tank mechanics. I don't think we can judge that a nerf is needed until Mythic is released and see how we fair in that, on bosses that actually do reasonable tank damage, we are on a similar level to at least Guardian Druids from what I could tell in the raids so far.

Deleted
    IP shields go pretty quick in heroic, and intercepting for rage doesn't really work when there's noone near you and you need to keep the boss still which is a bit of a handicap I wasn't expecting.

Ursoc was hell of a fight with 849 GS and 2 Crappy Trinkets. 2 million IPs were gone every 2 seconds. But its nice not to faceroll through the bosses on heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrobar View Post
    Ursoc was hell of a fight with 849 GS and 2 Crappy Trinkets. 2 million IPs were gone every 2 seconds. But its nice not to faceroll through the bosses on heroic
    Similar experience here. Ursoc(heroic) felt frenetic and a bit crazy, especially when he hit 30%, but it still felt properly tuned from a tanking perspective.
    twitch.tv/heavenscalamity

Speaking of Ursoc, I found this comment on Reddit which explained that without IP, the warrior would have been destroyed. I'm personally a BDK who just rolled a Prot Warrior alt, but I find it comforting that as everyone stated, raids should normalize everything.

https://i.imgur.com/F8zyX11.png

This is tank damage taken from our normal Ursoc fight yesterday, but it looked like this in all our boss and trash fights.
    Our second raid group also plays with paladin/warrior tanks and it looks the same.
    Look at the damage that got through to the HP bar, it is almost exactly the same, but damage taken is so much more for the warrior.
    If you took away the absorb of ignore pain, the warrior would not stand a chance.
    I am no expert at log interpretations, so if someone has a good interpretation, I would like to learn.

Edit: I should add that the warrior started tanking, but the debuff management requires frequent taunts, so both tanked the same amount of time. DTPS is the relevant stat here.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Any info on BiS trinkets yet? I just got Grotesque Statuette but I am not sure how it compares to Chrono Shard / Phantasmal Echo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmion View Post
    What I currently do is simply go for itemlevel > all and avoid crit where possible.
    *snip*
    This is pretty much what i did
    Though now due to crappy itemisation on my part (ilvl 339) i ended up with only 10.51% versatility a shitton of matery (35.89%) ... and only just 10.74% haste.

Now on a normal tank and spank fight (heroic difficulty) this means i pull arround 140k dps. This is on the low side of things and i think this could increase with more Haste / vers. Currently in mythic dungeons i feel like i am in a really nice smooth spot (less squishy compared to the crit build i rolled during WoD) And if this is with sub par stats i can't wait to go full Vers or full haste to test things out
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Speaking of Ursoc, I found this comment on Reddit which explained that without IP, the warrior would have been destroyed. I'm personally a BDK who just rolled a Prot Warrior alt, but I find it comforting that as everyone stated, raids should normalize everything.
    "Without their core mitigation mechanic, the tank would have taken unsustainable damage" doesn't seem like a terribly novel insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Danin View Post
    "Without their core mitigation mechanic, the tank would have taken unsustainable damage" doesn't seem like a terribly novel insight.
    No it's not. However, a quick search of the forums, including the warrior sub, will show some people complaining about and calling for IP nerfs before data was even collected.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by prinnyraider View Post
    Any info on BiS trinkets yet? I just got Grotesque Statuette but I am not sure how it compares to Chrono Shard / Phantasmal Echo.
    from a first look statuette + Goblet look solid, phantasmal echo procc doesnt look that useful to me at 50% trigger.
    then theres this seed pod dps trinket ( how much % is ~1k leech ?)

Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    from a first look statuette + Goblet look solid, phantasmal echo procc doesnt look that useful to me at 50% trigger.
    then theres this seed pod dps trinket ( how much % is ~1k leech ?)
    Goblet sounds like a pain. Not knowing how much it actually procs, but also the glob could spawn anywhere "nearby" meaning depending on the boss you won't be able to move to absorb it. Plus 2.6k Versatility isn't much at all.

Statuette definitely looks like it'll be BiS, other trinket i was thinking Nature's Call from Cenarius (gotta be DPS spec for it). Decent static stats and the procs can overlap as well giving a decent burst of Mastery/Haste/Crit.

Also looking at the loot, there's like 3 decent pieces with Versatility on them. During EN i feel like it's gonna be better to go for a high Haste/Mastery build and just ignore Versatility until we get into Nighthold gear. Although there still isn't much Versatility gear, but going for it won't gimp other stats as much.

15+ Year Old Account
    44% mastery, 15% vers, 7% haste, 15℅ critical @ 848. If I could just swap some critical for haste/get more haste closer to 20%, I'd be so golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggers1990 View Post
    Goblet sounds like a pain. Not knowing how much it actually procs, but also the glob could spawn anywhere "nearby" meaning depending on the boss you won't be able to move to absorb it. Plus 2.6k Versatility isn't much at all.

Statuette definitely looks like it'll be BiS, other trinket i was thinking Nature's Call from Cenarius (gotta be DPS spec for it). Decent static stats and the procs can overlap as well giving a decent burst of Mastery/Haste/Crit.

Also looking at the loot, there's like 3 decent pieces with Versatility on them. During EN i feel like it's gonna be better to go for a high Haste/Mastery build and just ignore Versatility until we get into Nighthold gear. Although there still isn't much Versatility gear, but going for it won't gimp other stats as much.
    I got 865 goblet it procs a lot, like almost 90% uptime in mythic+ runs, the blob spawns 8-10 yards normally and moves to you but you can run over it if needed, it had super high uptime of it for the whole run, the only odd thing is the proc seems to scale down as it's I lv increases. The normal mode version gives more Vers than the mythic version, it could be a tooltip bug though.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    I got 865 goblet it procs a lot, like almost 90% uptime in mythic+ runs, the blob spawns 8-10 yards normally and moves to you but you can run over it if needed, it had super high uptime of it for the whole run, the only odd thing is the proc seems to scale down as it's I lv increases. The normal mode version gives more Vers than the mythic version, it could be a tooltip bug though.
    Might need to look at actual vers gains. The numers on wowhead are DRASTICALLY different from in-game, but do scale up with ilvl.

Killed heroic ursoc yesterday.

Warcraftligs /reports/VvrAGgcFdtamwD6p#fight=22&type=damage-done&start=9669069&end=9957662

Overall fight wasn't too scary. Learn how to correct from a taunt mistake. If overwhelm tank gets to three stacks, then rend tank takes rend again, overwhelm gets 4th then switch. 6 overwhelms not even too scary.

If someone gets both debuffs then if early in fight can probably heal through with cd's (personal and external) but beyond the third charge or so call for hand of protection. Doesn't drop debuff afaik but immunes the damage. Just ensure that 'hop'd tank gets next overwhelm to fall back into rotation. Believe he will get to three stacks but no biggie.

As a warrior, you can feed rage into dps for first half of fight. Around 50% roar hits too hard so don't stress healers since raid damage is high and start feeding more rage into IP.

After charge, move foward to where ursoc was before charge so that pools overlap. If you don't, he will come to where you are and you lose some yards.

Is anyone else concerned that IP is not going to hold up in Mythic EN?

I know everything thus far has been trivial including Heroic EN. My concern right now is that IP is not really going to scale enough with the damage jump we will see in Mythic. Once IP starts getting eaten on the gcd, which it most definitely will, warrior is left pretty exposed.

I dunno, maybe I'm just paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post

I know everything thus far has been trivial including Heroic EN. My concern right now is that IP is not really going to scale enough with the damage jump we will see in Mythic. Once IP starts getting eaten on the gcd, which it most definitely will, warrior is left pretty exposed.

Nope, that's pretty much what I've been saying when people say IP OP

-=-Sig by Rivellana-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Skarzog View Post

Shield Block and Vers are our friends at that point I assume.