Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    I do get your subtle point.

What this means is well, basically "guns don't kill people. People kill people" again.

I come from an asian country predominantly chinese. What I do know about the US, I know from shows. So please kindly correct me if ever what I say is incorrect or offensive. I mean no harm by it.

The black people in your country seem like the minority race (non-chinese) in mine. For some reason, many criminals doing drugs, theft etc. are from that particular race. That being said, the more serious crimes also seem to be committed by the chinese. My point here is, potential criminals or suspects should NOT be racially discriminated or "pre-profiled". That is just well, generalization. I understand criminal profiling makes crime solving easier, but if it gets to the point of whatever is happening over in your country, maybe this method needs to be kept in control.

Before all these shootings, The only thing I know from movies and shows are the "police brutality" towards black people in US.
    I get your point, it's an understandable one, and certainly has merit.

I believe what we're seeing now is a self-prophetic problem with police shootings where the community is giving bad advice which creates more intense interaction between the police and the community. The advice seems to be, police are bad, don't do what they say, stay in your car and roll up the windows. This leads to situations where police are put in the position of trying to discern why someone is not complying. Historically, only people with things to hide are typically going to be those not complying. When someone does not comply, the assumption has to be made that there is a reason for this, and that this person has now become suspect of something, and is possibly dangerous.

The interaction between police and civilians is the responsibility of both parties, yet many want to focus on only one. We see one side continue to hold the police solely responsible for the situations arising, regardless of the action of civilian in the matter. They believe the police should always error on the side of the safety of the civilian over their own safety, which is completely opposite of the training being given to police. There will still be situations where the officers are wrong, but if we all complied with the order of law enforcement, we'd have an even lower incident rate that we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post

That means they are twice as likely to be shot relative to their population size.

You can find out more here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Fifth-Grade-S.../dp/0307479218
    What about men vs women? Seems police are oppressing men by the numbers

The black community is very socially conservative, so why si it that Republicans can't get them to vote for them? Because Republicans have spent decades convincing white people to be afraid of black people.

Notice how you are still talking about Michael Brown and ignoring everything else the Justice Department said about the town abusing people. That's what cherry picking is. That's the definition.

Since you refuse to take remedial math, I'll try again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...016/?tid=a_inl

706 people shot by police. 71 are unknown race, so remove them. That's 635.

173 are black. 173 is 27.2% of 635.

13% of the country is black.

27.2% is more than twice 13%.

That means they are twice as likely to be shot relative to their population size.

You can find out more here:
    https://www.amazon.com/Fifth-Grade-S.../dp/0307479218
    I see that you left out that if you're black you're statistically more likely to commit a violent crime, wouldn't you think those two things go hand and hand?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are more white people than black people in the country, so obviously more white people are going to be killed by police. The problem is that blacks are more than TWICE AS LIKELY to get killed by the police, since there are so few of them compared to white people. If you don't understand this, I'm sure the local community college has some remedial math classes to get you started.
    Perhaps the black community should address the actual issue causing that (thug culture) and not fight the imaginary enemy that is police racism.

For example, the riot this week in NC is a result of a man who received multiple loud commands to drop his gun (and ignoring said commands) being shot by a police officer. The officer in question is black, he became a police officer following in his father's (also black) footsteps.

Yet this riot is because of police racism against blacks................... Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Perhaps the black community should address the actual issue causing that (thug culture) and not fight the imaginary enemy that is police racism.

For example, the riot this week in NC is a result of a man who received multiple loud commands to drop his gun (and ignoring said commands) being shot by a police officer. The officer in question is black, he became a police officer following in his father's (also black) footsteps.

Yet this riot is because of police racism against blacks................... Ok.
    This is such an odd case. I am just shaking my head because I dont know how to respond. It is obviously from the preliminary reports mistaken identity? How do we get from a guy sitting in a car to getting shot?

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    This is such an odd case. I am just shaking my head because I dont know how to respond. It is obviously from the preliminary reports mistaken identity? How do we get from a guy sitting in a car to getting shot?
    When he brandishes a gun and refuses to put it away, that's how.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    When he brandishes a gun and refuses to put it away, that's how.
    Why is he brandishing a gun? The behaviour is just odd.

No more odd than that same subset of the black community rioting and looting.

Maybe he got confused and thought he was getting ready for a twitter selfie.

Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    No more odd than that same subset of the black community rioting and looting.
    That is just sad and the only people they are hurting are themselves and the rest of the black community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Maybe he got confused and thought he was getting ready for a twitter selfie.
    I dont get it, I wish there were more details, but my first instinct when a police officer approaches me is not to go for my firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    I get your point, it's an understandable one, and certainly has merit.

I believe what we're seeing now is a self-prophetic problem with police shootings where the community is giving bad advice which creates more intense interaction between the police and the community. The advice seems to be, police are bad, don't do what they say, stay in your car and roll up the windows. This leads to situations where police are put in the position of trying to discern why someone is not complying. Historically, only people with things to hide are typically going to be those not complying. When someone does not comply, the assumption has to be made that there is a reason for this, and that this person has now become suspect of something, and is possibly dangerous.

The interaction between police and civilians is the responsibility of both parties, yet many want to focus on only one. We see one side continue to hold the police solely responsible for the situations arising, regardless of the action of civilian in the matter. They believe the police should always error on the side of the safety of the civilian over their own safety, which is completely opposite of the training being given to police. There will still be situations where the officers are wrong, but if we all complied with the order of law enforcement, we'd have an even lower incident rate that we already have.
    I agree wholeheartedly with what you said. Most people with nothing to hide should
    1 - be civil towards officers
    2 - comply with demands
    3 - avoid aggressive attitude

Police should
    1 - professional behaviour towards civilians
    2 - reasonable demands within standard protocol
    3 - avoid arrogant or over-authorative (is that a word lols?) attitude

That way, everyone goes their own way unharmed, unmolested, un-antoganized (another made up word hehe).

7+ Year Old Account
    There is a wave of irrational hatred for cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What about men vs women? Seems police are oppressing men by the numbers
    There was/is the stereo type that woman get off with lesser punishments than men do. So I guess you can consider men oppressed in that way if you like.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    There is a wave of irrational hatred for cops.
    Yeah, I dont understand it. I have been in a neighborhood where a murder has taken place. When the cops are notified, they come and try to get info from the public so they can find the person/people who did it and nobody cooperates. They antagonize the police, become disrespectful and become the embodiment of "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil"

I dont understand it, you clearly have a bad person hanging around, why wouldnt you want that person to see justice? Wouldnt you want your neighborhood to be safer?
    Last edited by petej0; 2016-09-22 at 08:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I dont understand it. I have been in a neighborhood where a murder has taken place. When the cops are notified, they come and try to get info from the public so they can find the person/people who did it and nobody cooperates. They antagonize the police, become disrespectful and become the embodiment of "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil"

I dont understand it, you clearly have a bad person hanging around, why wouldnt you want that person to see justice? Wouldnt you want your neighborhood to be safer?
    Nah. personal reputation means more. Can't have your neighbors thinking they live next door to a snitch.

The above is not serious.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Since you refuse to take remedial math, I'll try again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...016/?tid=a_inl

706 people shot by police. 71 are unknown race, so remove them. That's 635.

173 are black. 173 is 27.2% of 635.

13% of the country is black.

27.2% is more than twice 13%.

Compare percentages of people shot by police, along with interactions with police, as well as racial percentages of people that shoot police along with percentage of population in a lower income are, especially urban low income areas, rather than total population.

- - - Updated - - -

Having grown up in a poor area, the answer is simple. Tomorrow, you might be the guy they're asking about, do you want your neighbors telling them what they saw and where you are? By extension, I couldn't walk to 7-11 without getting stopped by police to ask me where I was going and why.

The flip side of course is the "get paid for anonymous tips" hotlines. That's where you snitch on folks and collect your money without neighbors knowing what you did.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Hmm looks like things are getting violent, tear gas being used, people attacking cars
    I've lived in NC my whole life and I'm 30 minutes from Charlotte. I can see the city on the horizon. It's chaos. The blacks are saying it's about black lives and white privilige/racism but both the cop and the guy who got shot are black. The criminal had a gun, on top of that. People are trying to manufacture a reality that best suits their violent desires to go and pillage and spit at "the man". I've seen people on facebook say he had a book and not a gun and there's proof then hashtag BLM. There was NEVER a book and no proof there was. These people "protesting" are just looking for an excuse to go out and act like thugs. They destroyed a nice hotel, by the way. How exactly is this allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I've lived in NC my whole life and I'm 30 minutes from Charlotte. I can see the city on the horizon. It's chaos. The blacks are saying it's about black lives and white privilige/racism but both the cop and the guy who got shot are black. The criminal had a gun, on top of that. People are trying to manufacture a reality that best suits their violent desires to go and pillage and spit at "the man". I've seen people on facebook say he had a book and not a gun and there's proof then hashtag BLM. There was NEVER a book and no proof there was. These people "protesting" are just looking for an excuse to go out and act like thugs. They destroyed a nice hotel, by the way. How exactly is this allowed?
    I was thinking of it earlier, the "he was in a car reading a book" story seems to be just from his daughter originally. If they come out with proof it was a lie, they should charge her with inciting a riot and toss her in jail for it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sure, and?

I'd have to look at the data, but a black person is probably more likely to be killed by a police officer in the US than they are by a terrorist attack in the US. So a fear of police over ISIS seems pretty reasonable. Hell, there are about a million things I'm infinitely more scared of than an ISIS attack, and that are statistically far more likely to kill me too.

Also, just because something poses a greater statistical threat to your health than ISIS doesn't mean that it's automatically a terrorist. I'm sure pigs aren't terrorists, nor are drunk drivers, nor are people cleaning their guns, same thing with swimming pools...you see where I'm going with this?

What?

Also, you still completely avoided addressing your tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. Do you want to bother to address it or shall people continue to not take you seriously.
    Sadly, more white people are killed police than blacks. It just does not fit into the Democrats narrative is why we never hear about it. In a addition, a minuscule amount of the blacks that are shot are shot by police. I believe it is only 4%. Why does the press not report the other 96%? Over 3,200 people have been shot in Chicago alone this year( Obama's home town) yet he never adresses black on black crime only police on black crime. Why??
    Because Democrats want black votes. They need the black. They have to have it. Over 98% of blacks voted for Obama. Over 90% of blacks vote Democrat. If they lose the black vote they lose their job and the legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Gotta "Give them their space". Which translates into "They'll stop eventually".

The government has fully subscribed to allowing black rioters to destroy rather than attempt to stop them. Ferguson set the precedent for every one of these.