Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I thought it was okay when I hadn't done the quests yet and thought it was just a priestess of Elune doing their thing where they put on heavier armor than cloth robes and wield sharp weapons like Tyrande's glaive and the armor she had in WC3, but now that I've seen that she's actually literally just an actual real paladin of the Silver Hand, I don't really like it much.
    That is literally how the first paladins came to be, they were priests who donned heavy armor to protect the realm.

Quote Originally Posted by BladedDingo View Post
    That is literally how the first paladins came to be, they were priests who donned heavy armor to protect the realm.
    what i like to call Gen 1 paladins.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    And please, don't start with this shitty Paletress Virtues of the Light. Christ, even children have probably by far more complex and meaningful philosophic ideas than this shit. that's why it is pure shit that the Corebooks are non-canon. The Virtues there were by far deeper. And they had the same ideas and meaning like the Teaching of the Lights from the Draenei we can read in Shattrath.

And after all, the Blood Knights have still proven themselves somehow weak. In dire times, the turned against the Light. There is room for mistrust. It happened once, it could always happen again. There is still no reason to consider Liadrin a Champion under the Paladins. I would rather name Aponi a Champion than Liadrin. At least, she gives her best and found to the light herself, not because the Naaru only help those who don't deserve it while they gave a utter shit when the Orcs slaughtered their loyal followers, the Draenei.

And I don't saw any Blood Knight in Northrend.
    TLDR: "True canon lore doesn't count because I don't like it."

- - - Updated - - -

Actually most of them were just warriors who were very religious. Much easier to learn a few spells than it is to work out and get super muscular and highly skilled in physical combat in such a short time to fight a big army.

I know that some priestesses of Elune like Tyrande are both priestess and huntress, but I would have preferred that Delas lorewise be there as a Priestess of the Moon doing their thing in their armor with glaive and stuff, and lorewise not call themselves a paladin, but be essentially the same for gameplay purposes.

They're similar enough to paladins when broken down into their basic components do what Blizzard did with Sunwalkers and Blood Knights where, while they had vastly different combat styles, aesthetics, armors, strategies, etc, they are gameplay paladins the same as humans, dwarves, and draenei.

I would have preferred they be added that way if they were, not give up their own philosophy to adopt the human way of doing things, which I think Blizzard is all too ready to make people do these days. They hamfist all mages into a Dalaran order hall, which is dumb for anyone but a human mage to lead, and just feels completely wrong and out of place for a non-Alliance mage, as there's no way in hell they'd ever trust or care about the Kirin Tor enough to lead them there in Dalaran.

A Blood Elf mage would be much more likely to prefer something like the Sunwell Plateau, or Magister's Terrace. Forsaken mage would pick something else besides Dalaran. Not sure what it'd be, but it certainly wouldn't be Dalaran. Goblin idk. Orc no way would they pick Dalaran. Troll, why. Pandaren wouldn't have a problem, I guess, but they're stupid outside a monk or Pandaria role, so no.

Deleted
    TLDR: "True canon lore doesn't count because I don't like it."
    Compare

The Three Virtues
    The philosophy of the Holy Light boils down to the three teachings, called the Three Virtues. These virtues—respect, tenacity, and compassion—are each defined into a principle and a lesson. Acting on these three tenets helps make the world a place everyone can appreciate; a world of honor and justice.[3]

Respect
    Respect is the first virtue taught to those joining the path of the Light. When looking at an enemy, one must look past the hatred that separates. There are qualities to respect and prowess to be acknowledged. Conducting oneself with honor and treating one's opponent as one wishes to be treated shows respect. Respecting one's opponents on the field is acknowledging a connection, which brings one closer to the Light.[3]

Tenacity
    Tenacity is the second virtue. This is the virtue of persevering through troubling times and painful experiences. In the face of despair and hatred, one must continue to stand true to their beliefs and fight on.[3]

Compassion
    Compassion is the last step on the path of the Light. In times of rivalries, it is easy to see differences at every turn. The challenge is in looking beyond appearances and understanding the similarities. Through this understanding, one can feel compassion for the losses others have suffered, even if the victim bears another banner. By feeling and understanding compassion in enemy and ally alike, one reaffirms his or her connection with the world.
    To

The Three Virtues
    The philosophy of the Holy Light boils down to the three teachings, called the Three Virtues. These virtues — respect, tenacity and compassion — are each defined into a principle and a lesson.

Respect
    The first virtue taught is respect. While the Holy Light teaches that awareness of the self and the universe is a goal, one must also see the connection between others and the universe. Destroying other's happiness and severing other's connections with the universe is not serving the world's well being, and therefore not your own. The practitioners of the Holy Light are not naive, however, and understand that trial, conflict, war, and suffering do happen; but they strive to make the universe a better place in spite of these hindrances.

Tenacity
    The second virtue is tenacity. The adherence to this virtue is, incidentally, the part of training under the Holy Light that weeds out the unfaithful, as true dedication takes years. Fresh-faced acolytes often lose hope and the true meaning of the Holy Light when they realize that it takes a lifetime to serve the philosophy. The world is much bigger than one lone soul; and while the world can change a soul in a day, it takes much more time to change the world. Only through tenacity can a servant of the Holy Light hope to affect the universe. If some young students feel like this is an impossible task, others take heart in the realization that if you truly believe there is a connection between the self and the universe, one cannot help but affect the other, no matter the size. Affecting the world can include anything from teaching and instilling hope in others to joining with other like-minded individuals to work together to create a bigger change.

Compassion
    After the first two concepts are mastered, the student can take on the final virtue: compassion. The connection between the self and the universe is strong, but it still is only one connection. If a follower of the Light serves another to increase his happiness, his bond with the universe grows stronger. The happiness he receives by helping someone also strengthens himself and the universe, and he is able to affect the universe even more.

Compassion is perhaps the most powerful — and yet most dangerous — virtue.

If someone is too compassionate, he can give help where none is needed — or wanted. This oversight can hinder one's growth and happiness. For example, one may help another with a seemingly impossible quest, when such a quest is not actually out of the abilities of the one making the attempt. Thus, Compassion (However well intentioned) has resulted in that person's inability to grow as the quest was essentially "done for them", hindering their growth and happiness.

Some helpers can be awkward and do more harm than good with their actions, increasing the suffering and unhappiness in the world. A well meaning follower of the Light may rush to the aid of an adventurer(s) and wind up gaining too much interest of those attacking, and thus force those they try to help to rush to the follower's aid.

This is why compassion is taught last; only the wise and those fully understanding compassion may identify who is truly in need and who can grow on their own.
    In which one put the respective writer probably more thought into, which one is more intelligently written and which one would you deem a better basis for an entire world religion? And which one sounds more like:

Friends, it is my great pleasure to welcome you to the temple today.
    A'dal has been most generous in his revelations to me, a humble servant of the light.
    In accordance with my divine calling, I must share these revealed truths to all who would hear.
    It has been made known to me that inside each of us, the Light resides...
    ...that it is a gift, given freely to all naturally born beings.
    It manifests itself as a feeling, small at first and easily ignored, that confirms truths and subtly prods one to do good.
    Simple kindnesses, charitable deeds, service to those in need. These are all fruits of the Light.
    It rewards those who heed its promptings with blessings, both seen and unseen.
    Personal reservoirs of hope and faith are strengthened, and one's capacity for greater light increases.
    Over the course of time, through obedience to the Light's guidance, one becomes more sensitive to its voice, and its power.
    Great is the healing and blessing power of the Light's most diligent followers.
    Sadly, there are those who wander through mortality in defiance of the Light.
    From these the Light withdraws, until only darkness remains.
    Where there is no light, despair, loathing and rage thrive.
    We are born into a perilous age, where the forces of darkness are determined to bring about our destruction.
    These are the times to find yourselves in unison with the Light.
    Hear my words, and let the Light inside of you confirm the truth of them.
    Embrace the light that is in you, my friends! Deny yourself all darkness...
    We must endure these trying times faithfully, and one day we will find ourselves victorious.
    By the naaru, may it be so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually most of them were just warriors who were very religious. Much easier to learn a few spells than it is to work out and get super muscular and highly skilled in physical combat in such a short time to fight a big army.
    Being filled with the Light, the way paladins are increases ones strength. This is shown when Arthas picks up his hammer and finds it to be really light.
    He grinned as he grasped the enormous hammer, so large that for a brief moment he thought he wouldn’t be able to lift it, and swung it upward with a whoop. The Light, he realized, made the hammer seem to weigh less in his hands.
    --Rise of the Lich King

This, of course, doesn't address combat training.

Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    @TheLoadbearer I love everything you have written. Defeating bias with the light of facts.

Really making me want to roll my Paladin as a Blood Elf.
    I'd recommend finding their pre-Cata class questlines on YouTube or rolling on a BC or WotLK private server to experience the aesthetic for yourself, because it's really special and unique. Post-Cata, they literally have no lore for new players to experience. New players would have no idea blood knights used to be anti-heroes who don't care about doing morally questionable things to protect their homeland/assert dominance over the Light.

Pre-Cata, they send you to a cave in Ghostlands for some trial, and you're ambushed by another Blood Knight, and you kill him, but turns out he was supposed to die and it was a test, and they teach you resurrection which you use to bring him back. Then later on, you get your Blood-Tempered Ranseur (one of the main reasons I was so glad for the new xmog collection appearances cuz I sold it back in BC) with materials found in Shadowfang Keep like post-Cata level 20 quests, but you just run a lot of different errands that send you all over Quel'thalas and there's just a lot more icing on the Blood Knight cake pre-Cata. Cataclysm did nothing for Quel'thalas. No zone update. All it did was take things away like all the many Blood Knight quests, because they added the cookie-cutter generic "Warchief wants to make you a weapon/helm" level 20/50 quests.

You have epic questlines for your spells, weapons, and your mounts. It's just a really cool experience and it's what I miss most about old world Azeroth.

There's also a little questline starting from Mehlar Dawnblade, one of Uther's former students, now a Blood Knight, at the Bulwark right before Western Plaguelands, where he sends you to Uther's Tomb to vandalize it because he feels Uther should have somehow seen that Arthas was going down the wrong path and stopped him before he became the Lich King's champion and destroyed Quel'thalas. Uther's spirit comes to you and says he forgives Mehlar and understands his pain and frustration. You bring the message back to Mehlar, who is incredulous and doesn't get Uther's intent at that time. But he seems to have seen the Light now in Legion. That questline wasn't exclusive only to Blood Knights, but it was thematically appropriate for them and is a must in my opinion. Mehlar also has some involvement in a quest chain with he and Sylvanas where they work together to make a trinket for a Blood Knight player who brings them the right materials. It's all really cool, and it's such a shame that Blizzard cut all that and didn't give anything nearly as meaningful to replace it. And that goes for all classes. Cataclysm really took away all incentive to go out into the world and explore and quest. It was just camp in your home city because when you're level 20 and 50, you'll get two dungeon quests and can just queue and get them done right from there.

New players today will only get the generic 20/50 quests that have absolutely no class lore at all and are only you talking to your class trainer in Orgrimmar who says the warchief thinks you're doing a good job and wants to get you a special weapon/helm. The Blood Knight's quest rewards now aren't even cool or unique like the Ranseur was. Just lame crappy-looking human-type hammers.

And then when they get to Draenor, they'll see Liadrin and her Blood Knights hanging out with the Draenei, but Blizzard cut all meaningful content for the Blood Knights that they promised at BlizzCon, so there's no story progression for them whatsoever. They're just sort of there. And that's basically all the new player would see.

Unless you get your hands on a Battered Hilt, which has a rare drop chance from mobs in the three Icecrown Citadel dungeons, and starts a questline for the Sunreavers/Silver Covenant where you learn the history of Quel'delar and eventually restore the sword, and can see Liadrin at the Sunwell giving a sermon to high and blood elf pilgrims there. You can hear her speak a little bit as a follow-up to her dialogue at the end of the Sunwell Plateau raid when Velen reignited the Sunwell as a holy/arcane magic source.

But Battered Hilts are hard to come by, unless you're prepared to spend a lot of time farming, or ready to drop the gold on one on the AH. The prices vary depending on the realm, but I have a few in my banks that I post and sell anywhere from 18k-25k, and I always snatch up any I see up for less than 10k to flip them, so that should give you an idea what to expect. One of my toons on Proudmoore sees them sometimes go for like 7k, and there are a lot of them, and if you do the questline, all your toons will be able to xmog Quel'delar because of the new xmog system.

But the questline is on YouTube, I'm sure.

So yeah. Blood Knights are cool, whatever M-Ra says. I enjoyed their time as anti-heroes who didn't give a damn, and dislike that they're made into good little human paladins and have to hang out in the humans' basement, but hey, Blizzard isn't gonna go to the trouble of making order halls for every distinct race/class combo that doesn't fit into the traditional ones. Like orc and troll mages would probably get their own, and humans, gnomes, and dwarves would probably share theirs. Blood Elf mages would probably pick somewhere in Silvermoon or Quel'danas unless Blizzard makes the star blood elf mage of the xpac be Aethas, then you can be certain your BE mage will be playing the humans' loyal dog just like him for the whole xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Being filled with the Light, the way paladins are increases ones strength. This is shown when Arthas picks up his hammer and finds it to be really light.
    He grinned as he grasped the enormous hammer, so large that for a brief moment he thought he wouldn’t be able to lift it, and swung it upward with a whoop. The Light, he realized, made the hammer seem to weigh less in his hands.
    --Rise of the Lich King

This, of course, doesn't address combat training.
    Oh, neat. I was going by the art of Uther you'd see when completing a human mission in WC3, where he's basically the Hulk x3

That's interesting that the Light gives them actual physical strength/makes stuff lighter, not just confidence, as I'd always thought.

Deleted
    You know that I'm criticizing exactly what you don't liked? That we are told that the Blood Elves are nice little Human Paladins we should respect now, without actually showing it to us? Because other than a short scene where she is preaching and random stuff, we never saw Liadrin as redeemed Character who has to handle her past and make the things she did against everything that was holy up again. We are simply told that she's a Champion of Light now. And that's the worst way you can tell a story, it is not believable for everyone who really thinks about the characters and the story they are experience right in that moment. That's why I said that I wished that we could have gotten some little personal Character Arc with Liadrin, were we can experience that she has truly reflected her past and tries to do things better again, were somebody who is not a Blood Elf Paladin Player can find a reason to like and respect her, while Blood Elf Paladin Players should have a moment were they can be proud of their Order and their Matriach. Because the Actions of the Blood Knights in the past were not some little mistakes. It was a full-fledged war against Light and everyone who believes in it.

Every good Story and Character works on the basis of showing instead of telling. Blizzard does the opposite: They tell us that a character is respected, great and heroic without telling us why they are those things or why others look at them as this. Like with Tirion Fordring. They never showed us why he is the most respected Paladin at the start of Wrath of the Lichking. In the end of the Classic Story, he was still an outcast who swore to revive the Silver Hand (despite the fact that the Order kicked him out and that the Silver Hand was pretty intact in Stormwind), we heard Eligor speaking about sending Tirion and his Knights against Marjhan back in 1.11 and in 3.0 he is randomly the most important Paladin in the world and without a reason respected by Varian, despite him being kicked out for betraying the Alliance in favor of an Orc and Varian hating Orcs at that time. That's an example of this biggest faulure in Blizzards Storytelling.

Compare

To

In which one put the respective writer probably more thought into, which one is more intelligently written and which one would you deem a better basis for an entire world religion? And which one sounds more like:
    Their version of compassion sounds more like a jab at an inexperienced player new to the game "helping" someone who doesn't need it, making them get less XP from the kill, than anything else.

Even if it conflicted a lot with the canon resource, the Argent Crusade/Silver Hand (because let's face it, it's just the Argent Crusade again under a new name, and the Blood Knights, Sunwalkers, Vindicators, and Stormwind/Ironforge chapter of Silver Hand knights are just their sidekicks) are not naive. They would be naive and close-minded to assume that the Blood Knights, who'd faltered in the past, but have proven themselves now after having stood strong against several similar conflicts, would suddenly lose faith and betray them all in the face of this latest invasion.

Your interpretation of what the Argent Crusade/Silver Hand should be is the Scarlet Crusade. The Scarlet Crusade's interpretation of their three virtues destroyed them because they continually purged potential allies and even their own ranks for past crimes rendered insignificant in the face of total annihilation by the Scourge.

If the Argent Dawn/Crusade/Silver Hand were so vengeful and held such grudges, they never would have come to be.

Maxwell never would have sent envoys or accepted assistance from the orcs, trolls, Forsaken, Tauren, Night Elves, or anyone else but humans, dwarves, and gnomes, because those three are familiar to him, while Night Elves were not. This would mean the Argent Dawn wouldn't have survived long after leaving the Scarlet Crusade.

Tirion could never have formed his new order of Silver Hand, and the Argent Dawn never would have accepted him as new hijacking leader (poor Maxwell getting no role whatsoever in WotLK) after having seen him as a traitor to their order, the Alliance, and Lordaeron itself by defending Eitrigg who'd given up his evil ways and just wanted to be alone and live in peace.

Tirion (or Maxwell after Tirion would be rejected for being a traitor) never would have accepted the Ebon Blade. He'd have ordered his paladins to kill them all while they were vulnerable on the holy ground of Light's Hope.

Maxwell then wouldn't have had Tirion's new guys or the Ebon Blade, and likely would have just kept sitting in the Plaguelands until they were all overrun, unless he could get major backing from the Alliance and joined their expedition to Northrend, where he'd see the Kirin Tor as traitors for allowing the Sunreavers into Dalaran, and declare war on them as well.

Nobody gets anywhere by never letting go of grudges against people who genuinely want to help, and have had a change of heart since their days of evil-doing. It only gets in the way.

- - - Updated - - -

You know that I'm criticizing exactly what you don't liked? That we are told that the Blood Elves are nice little Human Paladins we should respect now, without actually showing it to us? Because other than a short scene where she is preaching and random stuff, we never saw Liadrin as redeemed Character who has to handle her past and make the things she did against everything that was holy up again. We are simply told that she's a Champion of Light now. And that's the worst way you can tell a story, it is not believable for everyone who really thinks about the characters and the story they are experience right in that moment. That's why I said that I wished that we could have gotten some little personal Character Arc with Liadrin, were we can experience that she has truly reflected her past and tries to do things better again, were somebody who is not a Blood Elf Paladin Player can find a reason to like and respect her, while Blood Elf Paladin Players should have a moment were they can be proud of their Order and their Matriach. Because the Actions of the Blood Knights in the past were not some little mistakes. It was a full-fledged war against Light and everyone who believes in it.

Every good Story and Character works on the basis of showing instead of telling. Blizzard does the opposite: They tell us that a character is respected, great and heroic without telling us why they are those things or why others look at them as this. Like with Tirion Fordring. They never showed us why he is the most respected Paladin at the start of Wrath of the Lichking. In the end of the Classic Story, he was still an outcast who swore to revive the Silver Hand (despite the fact that the Order kicked him out and that the Silver Hand was pretty intact in Stormwind), we heard Eligor speaking about sending Tirion and his Knights against Marjhan back in 1.11 and in 3.0 he is randomly the most important Paladin in the world and without a reason respected by Varian, despite him being kicked out for betraying the Alliance in favor of an Orc and Varian hating Orcs at that time. That's an example of this biggest faulure in Blizzards Storytelling.
    You don't understand what I don't like at all. Making Liadrin bend over for the humans would make me dislike her as much as I do Aethas for his licking of the Kirin Tor's boots just to be allowed to help them.

Liadrin had her arc. She was glad to hurt the Light to get her powers in Blood of the Highborne and BC. Then Kael'thas betrayed them all, and she saw that her loyalties were misplaced, and questioned more of her motivations. This led her to go the Shattrath, where she spoke to A'dal. She didn't pretend she hadn't done terrible things, but she offered herself and her knights in their service, renouncing Kael'thas and pledging the Blood Knights to A'dal's cause. One can say that perhaps she was just out to right a perceived wrong she'd committed by ever following Kael'thas, but by the time she sees the Sunwell reignited and the heart and soul of her people is restored, she has a profound and undeniable change of heart.

I don't see what's so difficult for you to understand from this.

If they were going to do this second unnecessary arc you speak of, they should have done it in WotLK.

Doing it now would only serve to make the Blood Knights look inferior to the humans by forcing them to kiss their asses, which I would hate. We already get enough of that from Aethas and the Sunreavers always bending over to take the Kirin Tor's abuse. I don't need to see Blizzard make another major Blood Elf organization the Blood Knights dependent on another human organization.

Liadrin has nothing to apologize for, and Blizzard making the Crusade demand one would just be petty and infuriating to me that they make yet another major Blood Elf character throw themselves at the feet of humans and say "Please, please, PLEASE what will it take for you to let me help you???"

The Blood Knights offer their assistance freely. If the Crusade said "Not until you apologize" I'd want my Blood Knight to say "Okay, screw you, we don't have time for this. If you need us, we'll be on the Broken Isles, fighting the Legion."

You don't walk up to someone's house, offer to mow their lawn, and just smile and nod and go along with it when they say "You want to help me by mowing my lawn? Well what the hell's in it for me? Go on, beg to mow my lawn!" And not allow you to mow their lawn until you pay them like $20 to work for them for free.

Deleted
    First two Things:

I really wish they would have given every Class Hall the opportunity to chose their 2nd in Command. I really would have prefered Eligor as my 2nd in Command.
    And 2nd, I wouldn't even assume that most of the Members are Argent Crusaders. It looked more like most of the Argent Crusade were wiped out during the Broken Shore and many didn't many died during recovering the Silver Hand? If we assume that the Stormwind/Ironforge Silver Hand, Blood Knights, Sunwalkers and Vindicators have roughly the same numbers, the whole compilation of the Class Order Hall fits really by far better, Especially since most of the NPCs there don't are from the Argent Crusade.

And I guess you want a story were everyone acts fluffy and nice, so even Tumblr-Users can play this game without being triggered? Because Humans don't work the way you explain it. Yeah, the intelligent thing is to accept the help of the Blood Knights. But maybe 1% of all Humans would lose the bad feeling about the Blood Knights. There is still the past and everyone knows what the Blood Knights are capable of. That would never disappear. And still, the Game failed to show us why we should consider Liadrin a Champion and a great Example of a Paladin.

And Liadrin and here men are inferior to the humans. They will always be, because the Humans we can play in the Class Order, be it Stormwind Silver Hand or Argent Crusaders, stood always loyal to their faith and were never capable of doing what Liadrin did. They are the superior Paladins. They will always be as long as they don't fall, just like Aethas was the weakling who betrayed the Kirin Tor and proved himself untrustworthy, by letting his loyalty towards the Blood Elves and the Horde be more important than his loyalty towards the Kirin Tor. Do you think all the Human Kirin Tor were happy don't avenging the Deaths of there comrads in Silverpine and the Dalaran Crater, work together with the Horde? I'm pretty sure most of them weren't, but they placed their loyalty to the Kirin Tor over everything else.
    Last edited by mmocfbbaf337eb; 2016-09-22 at 07:16 PM.

First two Things:

I really wish they would have given every Class Hall the opportunity to chose their 2nd in Command. I really would have prefered Eligor as my 2nd in Command.
    And 2nd, I wouldn't even assume that most of the Members are Argent Crusaders. It looked more like most of the Argent Crusade were wiped out during the Broken Shore and many didn't many died during recovering the Silver Hand? If we assume that the Stormwind/Ironforge Silver Hand, Blood Knights, Sunwalkers and Vindicators have roughly the same numbers, the whole compilation of the Class Order Hall fits really by far better, Especially since most of the NPCs there don't are from the Argent Crusade.

And I guess you want a story were everyone acts fluffy and nice, so even Tumblr-Users can play this game without being triggered? Because Humans don't work the way you explain it. Yeah, the intelligent thing is to accept the help of the Blood Knights. But maybe 1% of all Humans would lose the bad feeling about the Blood Knights. There is still the past and everyone knows what the Blood Knights are capable of. That would never disappear. And still, the Game failed to show us why we should consider Liadrin a Champion and a great Example of a Paladin.

And Liadrin and here men are inferior to the humans. They will always be, because the Humans we can play in the Class Order, be it Stormwind Silver Hand or Argent Crusaders, stood always loyal to their faith and were never capable of doing what Liadrin did. They are the superior Paladins. They will always be as long as they don't fall, just like Aethas was the weakling who betrayed the Kirin Tor and proved himself untrustworthy, by letting his loyalty towards the Blood Elves and the Horde be more important than his loyalty towards the Kirin Tor. Do you think all the Human Kirin Tor were happy don't avenging the Deaths of there comrads in Silverpine and the Dalaran Crater, work together with the Horde? I'm pretty sure most of them weren't, but they placed their loyalty to the Kirin Tor over everything else.
    K. Done now.

As for NE Paladins, I think it is a bit tricky, because classes are no longer having any race exclusivity like the one Priests had pre-WotLK. I mean, I love the idea of a Lunar Paladin, but how much sense would that make with the current Paladin model which is showered in golden energies? Hell, even as a Holy Priest it feels awkward on the Nelf.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    As for NE Paladins, I think it is a bit tricky, because classes are no longer having any race exclusivity like the one Priests had pre-WotLK. I mean, I love the idea of a Lunar Paladin, but how much sense would that make with the current Paladin model which is showered in golden energies? Hell, even as a Holy Priest it feels awkward on the Nelf.
    All Blizzard needs to do to fix this is with optional cosmetic racial glyphs that change the color of the light spell effects used by priests/paladins of certain races.

Night Elves would get something silvery from the moon and Elune and whatnot as its always described in books when Tyrande uses the Light.

And they should make some sets thematically appropriate for an Elune-centric paladin.

All Blizzard needs to do to fix this is with optional cosmetic racial glyphs that change the color of the light spell effects used by priests/paladins of certain races.

Night Elves would get something silvery from the moon and Elune and whatnot as its always described in books when Tyrande uses the Light.

And they should make some sets thematically appropriate for an Elune-centric paladin.
    I agree, although for Nelves it gets a bit trickier than that. Priestesses seem to be using silvery light on top of arcanish moon magic. Priest pre-Wrath had Starfall for Nelves, which was clearly a Balance Druid spell.

Same for Trolls. Hexpriests seem to share some domain with Shamans and Warlocks.

I am curious if they will make a race-fantasy approach in future expansions like they did with class fantasy for Legion.

There's even Troll Paladins afaik, and they're in ToT. Zandalari Freethinkers, I think.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    False. The first paladins were knights trained in the art of using the light by the clerics of Northshire Abbey. The clerics (priests) themselves did not become paladins, they recruited them.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Paladin
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2016-09-23 at 06:51 AM. Reason: added the reference

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm also rolling a Blood Elf Paladin. Stupid Lore and unworthy, but at least they look good in slutty armors. And that's the entire reason we have Blood Elves as Horde Members.
    I guess your opinion of the Blood Elves as Horde will be completely different to the Developers.

I'd recommend finding their pre-Cata class questlines on YouTube or rolling on a BC or WotLK private server to experience the aesthetic for yourself, because it's really special and unique. Post-Cata, they literally have no lore for new players to experience. New players would have no idea blood knights used to be anti-heroes who don't care about doing morally questionable things to protect their homeland/assert dominance over the Light.

Pre-Cata, they send you to a cave in Ghostlands for some trial, and you're ambushed by another Blood Knight, and you kill him, but turns out he was supposed to die and it was a test, and they teach you resurrection which you use to bring him back. Then later on, you get your Blood-Tempered Ranseur (one of the main reasons I was so glad for the new xmog collection appearances cuz I sold it back in BC) with materials found in Shadowfang Keep like post-Cata level 20 quests, but you just run a lot of different errands that send you all over Quel'thalas and there's just a lot more icing on the Blood Knight cake pre-Cata. Cataclysm did nothing for Quel'thalas. No zone update. All it did was take things away like all the many Blood Knight quests, because they added the cookie-cutter generic "Warchief wants to make you a weapon/helm" level 20/50 quests.

-SNIPPED-
    So if I roll a Blood elf now, do I not get the Blood Knight Armor or anything? I think I have some of it already, but just not sure if I have all of it.

Deleted

And finally 4th talent specs with a Archery Skill for Paladins! xD
    It would be cool, it would be the opportunity to add some new Specs who can use weapon nobody else uses (like Warglaives and range-weapons or strength one-handed weapons) and it would fit the Priestess of Elune perfectly. And yeah, it is time for some cosmetic glyphs for certain classes (a glyph to turn Discipline Priests pure Ligh/Pure Shadow would be also neat).

Like, Blizzard designed new spell animations and stuff for Dungeon Bosses we fight maybe a couple of time and don't give a f'ck about, why not give the Classes some Concept-Fantasy? Make the Night Elf Paladins silver with consecration maybe with an Starfall animation, Judgement as a Moon Glaive and stuff, Sunwalkers with a more druid-like tribal style and stuff.

But what also would be nice at some point would be transmog armors for certain armors. Like a remodel of the Blood Knight Armor (those of us who don't do PvP can't even transmog) or some tribalistic Plate Armor for Tauren (through I think that the Legion Aponi Armor could be kinda fitting without that stupid helmet and Silver Hand Tabard. You know, for fucks sake, give the Sunwalkers a unique Tabard like the Blood Knights have. Every other Paladin Order has a Tabard. The Draenei get the Tabard of the Hand of Argus, the Human/Dwarf Paladins can farm the Silver Hand Tabard, although it is a pain in the ass, the Blood Knights get their Tabard at level 50...).

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    And finally 4th talent specs with a Archery Skill for Paladins! xD
    It would be cool, it would be the opportunity to add some new Specs who can use weapon nobody else uses (like Warglaives and range-weapons or strength one-handed weapons) and it would fit the Priestess of Elune perfectly. And yeah, it is time for some cosmetic glyphs for certain classes (a glyph to turn Discipline Priests pure Ligh/Pure Shadow would be also neat).

Like, Blizzard designed new spell animations and stuff for Dungeon Bosses we fight maybe a couple of time and don't give a f'ck about, why not give the Classes some Concept-Fantasy? Make the Night Elf Paladins silver with consecration maybe with an Starfall animation, Judgement as a Moon Glaive and stuff, Sunwalkers with a more druid-like tribal style and stuff.

But what also would be nice at some point would be transmog armors for certain armors. Like a remodel of the Blood Knight Armor (those of us who don't do PvP can't even transmog) or some tribalistic Plate Armor for Tauren (through I think that the Legion Aponi Armor could be kinda fitting without that stupid helmet and Silver Hand Tabard. You know, for fucks sake, give the Sunwalkers a unique Tabard like the Blood Knights have. Every other Paladin Order has a Tabard. The Draenei get the Tabard of the Hand of Argus, the Human/Dwarf Paladins can farm the Silver Hand Tabard, although it is a pain in the ass, the Blood Knights get their Tabard at level 50...).
    I don't see this happening to be honest.

Paladins with a bow = Hunters with Plate armor. They won't give Paladins the range spec because Hunter pretty much fills this slot. Giving them a bow with a 1 handed weapon, is just the same as the old hunters. As much as it may seem cool, it would not be as popular and wouldn't be worth the time in making it.

Though I think it would be good to have certain Paladin sets for each order of Paladins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Factoral View Post
    I don't see this happening to be honest.

Paladins with a bow = Hunters with Plate armor. They won't give Paladins the range spec because Hunter pretty much fills this slot. Giving them a bow with a 1 handed weapon, is just the same as the old hunters. As much as it may seem cool, it would not be as popular and wouldn't be worth the time in making it.

Though I think it would be good to have certain Paladin sets for each order of Paladins.
    You are right. But you know, the Rogue can use two melee weapons...but the Shaman can also use two melee weapons! And the Monks! Those corrupted monks steal the rogues spot by also using two melee weapons! And not to forget that dreaded Death Knights, daring to use two melee weapons!

Right now, their are couple of spots for some new specs that use Ranged Weapons, while we have by far too many melees and many casters.

So yeah. Blood Knights are cool, whatever M-Ra says. I enjoyed their time as anti-heroes who didn't give a damn, and dislike that they're made into good little human paladins and have to hang out in the humans' basement, but hey, Blizzard isn't gonna go to the trouble of making order halls for every distinct race/class combo that doesn't fit into the traditional ones.
    Well, I don't like the loss of the flavour either. But I don't mind hanging out in Light's Hope Chapel. For me, it's not a human place, but where Fordring pulled the Argent Dawn together. So I'm rather glad to see elves and tauren mingling with humans and draenei there. If the order is truly accepting all sorts, then they won't make a scandal when someone finds out I'm really an elf who paid a wizard to make my Orb of Deception permanent. :P