Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Find it kind of funny that people find the time to cry about tanks in PvP when several DPS classes can still blow them up in seconds.

Dumb change. It might be nice when you're up against a vengeance DH, but it's gonna blow when you've got some on your team.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Been playing Protection in pvp.

It's been really fun, good peels, solid damage for your durability.
    No self-heals so you will die for sure when your Shield Wall is gone as Ignore Pain only absorbs a total of around 200k damage per 60 rage in pvp which is trivial.

25% extra damage taken will completely kill the spec, it is fine for tanks that actually are unkillable without 2-3 players like a Blood DK or Protection Paladin but for Protection Warrior's who has none of this *immortal* tank bullshit going on *assuming it's not wpvp where your a immortal god like every tank* you die as fast as a dps before this 25% extra damage taken.

Now this is not all doom and gloom.
    25%+ damage taken might be fine if they fix Ignore Pain in pvp, they said the ability should absorb 40% damage in pvp but currently it is like 20% only.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Yeah pretty much. Sorry if you like tanking but they are fucking so cancerous in PVP.
    You know what i find cancerous in PvP? Entitled shitlord DPS who believe they are entitled to explode people in one stun and that is "fun and balanced PvP".

I'd rather have tanks. They may be cancer, but shitlord DPS globaling people is Herpaghoniciphilaids.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard wasn't lazy, they could actually make them feel like slightly sturdier DPS specs without burst damage.

Or just fix the stun and burst shit fest in general and some people might quit playing a Tank. Right know I have way more fun playing a Brewmaster Monk than healing as Mistweaver, I can actually survive all the crazy burst damage, still have some solid utility when playing with my friends and can contribute to battleground objectives much easier.

i disagree greatly with the notion that "tanks" don't belong in pvp.

The most popular MOBA Dota 2 has tank heroes, and they can be tide turners in battle. I know it's an entire different genre etc but TANKS do have a place in pvp, just that Blizzard hasn't implemented a balanced way for it yet. Even their latest PvP centric game Overwatch has "Tanks".

I rmb in TBC, my rogue had a difficult time killing Protection Paladins. Killable? yes. Easy to do so? Not really. TBH i have more important or easier targets to kill.

FYI, my tank NEVER does any kind of pvp.

Anybody saying Tanks have no place in PvP needs to explain Healers to me. They're exactly the same kind of 'poison'.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    It's not even worth PvPing as a vengeance DH now, they were already insanely squishy in BG's, and this has just made it worse. I have a feeling this was put in to help tone them down in world pvp, but now they're just fodder in BG's. What goods a tank that can't carry a flag as well as a rogue?

My suggestions in how to make tanks more viable without being broken for PvP:

1. They're actually tanky, they can't just be blown up by a solo player in a stun.
    2. Taunt actually does something untalented, forces the selected player to target the tank for 4 seconds. Given that taunts have an 8 second cd, this is a 50% uptime. Could be adjusted, taunt CD increased.
    3. Rewarded for defending an objective, I don't mean the "you get more honor for killing people here." buff either, for each minute spent defending an objective, you're rewarded with bonus honor or a temporary buff.
    4. Tank damage within PvP is reduced across the board, it's not a tanks job to DPS, it's their job to control the battlefield and take the damage for their allies.
    5. Every tank is given an AoE taunt on a 45 second cooldown with a 20 yard range (See point 2) this taunt would last 6 seconds.
    6. PvP talents that increase the damage a tank does are replaced with talents that either improve their taunts or provide additional CC, allowing them to control the battlefield.
    I enjoy this title, because it makes me think it's only to DH, instead of all tanks (since it is all tanks)...to incite extra rage.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    I enjoy this title, because it makes me think it's only to DH, instead of all tanks (since it is all tanks)...to incite extra rage.
    It was initially only about the vengeance DH, as that's the only tank i have experience with in Legion, but after some people claiming that "tanks have no place in PvP" i decided to change it.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyJester View Post
    Anybody saying Tanks have no place in PvP needs to explain Healers to me. They're exactly the same kind of 'poison'.
    I've never heard anyone ask for pocket tanks and then go big dick on the score board.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Healers doing 90% of a DPS damage while being unkillable, haven't seen that one yet.
    Hi Sephurik

Tanks shouldn't be playable in PvP, so that's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with the nerfs my Brewmaster is pretty strong in PvP; still does decent damage and almost as much healing as actual healers.

Healers ruin PvP more than anything, honestly.
    Hopefully they don't overbuff them and ruin pvp again.

Pretty much this.

Btw, havoc DH should take 25% more dmg as well during meta, because they have now become a tank, dd and personal healer in one person. I wonder when/if they will address that particular issue..

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    The entire concept of tanks in PvP, fighting is braindead and destructive, I'm glad Blizzard is taking steps to remove them, and/or make them unviable.
    yea I mean, the only thing that should exist are dps classes that can heal more than healers can right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    The entire concept of tanks in PvP, fighting is braindead and destructive, I'm glad Blizzard is taking steps to remove them, and/or make them unviable.
    Somehow I think you where lying in your previous post about playing a vengeance dh

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    That is how it works. And how its always worked since woltk i think.

Not even close. Tanks were worthless outside duels in TBC. tanks were gods in Wrath.

Deleted
    Tanks have no place in pvp as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Somehow I think you where lying in your previous post about playing a vengeance dh
    I wasnt. I play veng when my team needs it, otherwise its havoc. Vengeance is still the strongest flag carry in the game due to infernal Strike. As have been said before in this thread, when tanks have fun im pvp nobody else is. This cancer dont belong in instanced pvp, youre already gods in wpvp be happy about that