Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    That totally seems like sharding weirdness, doesn't it? I'm alone in Stormheim, I hardly see another player there this week except around Nithogg's spawn area and the nearby flight point. But I can run and run without seeing fjarnskaggl.

Suramar is the opposite for me. I don't see many people there either, but the roses are literally everywhere. I trip over them.
    I wonder if it's simply not a wierd buggy instance thing.

I've experienced both. Some days, like you, I'll trip over roses. Other days, I'll run all over the place getting one or two nodes across vast distances. I think it simply depends on the time you're farming them.

Quote Originally Posted by PurechaosSK View Post
    i thought nodes were personal not shared.
    Nodes are personal when multiple pick from them, but they will despawn a short time after someone first does.
    So no need to rush to grab a node half a second before someone else does, you both get it.
    However if you leave it too long, you will lose it still.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I ran my alt through val earlier, zoned in, found a herb right near where you start, got the quest, took to dal, went back to val, and im currently 0/15 due to none appearing anywhere, most odd
    three hours later, herbed tons of mobs, not found a single herb node tho

Deleted
    Anybody level 100 can farm herbs in the four zones that's probably why you are seeing massive differences between suramar and the others. It's actually incredibly easy with a 100 because they 3 shot mobs. I've been farming foxflower on one alt

Deleted
    Why is fjarnskaggle selling for more?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Raiding started and it's used in flasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    It's used in both the Agi/int flask (10p) and the Old war/Deadly grace pots (4p). It's also much harder to find atm compared to the others due to how stormheim is set up.

4k for flasks on tuesday into wednesday. Sooooo much gold made
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I found foxflowers the hardest. I remember them being all over the place while levelling through the zone. I would wager that the heavy phasing used in the zone simply left out a lot of nodes in the "final state" after completing it. Kind of sucks if you need to have a gathering alt who does none of the quests to just run around and grab nodes from the less busy phases. Or even worse, if it turns out that a specific world-state is optimal and you need ANOTHER gathering alt because you overshot your first one.
    Levelling through highmountain I barely got enough foxflowers for rank1 quest (20). I had to spend about an hour farming afterwards to get enough for my alchemy quest (60). Not unreasonable, but still not fun having to run around in slow-travel-form training 110-mobs everywhere, or having to kill irrelevant mobs to get to mount back up.

Interestingly enough, it appears it is the opposite in Suramar. Not that many have done the questlines yet, so the questlines that phases you tend to send you into rosy-heaven.

On a positive note: I have experienced many times that the players on my server generally have a gentleman's behaviour around nodes (veins and herbs). If someone sense that another player is going for a node too, but have mobs on tow, they will either wait a little with the picking or help kill the mobs. So that everyone gets to grab the node before it disappears. A pleasant surprise from the current-state rather selfish community.
    Didn't affect me much with my 0.5s tauren druid herb picking timer that allows me to combat-pick herbs with up to 4-5 mobs swinging at me, but still good gentleman behaviour.

For skinning though: it is a first-come-first-serve clickfest. I never understood why they did not implement a 10-second "owned by killer" tag on skinnable mobs. When farming skins, you often have to not loot until you see others giving up and moving away. After they did the area-loot it is not possible to time it well enough for yourself to get the skins on the mobs you killed.

Deleted
    They are shared so not sure how your missing em. I havent had any problems collecting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aziras View Post
    Interestingly enough, it appears it is the opposite in Suramar. Not that many have done the questlines yet, so the questlines that phases you tend to send you into rosy-heaven.
    Suramar doesn't scale with your level, so the mobs are always 110+ and a fresh 100 can't go there safely to pick flowers. That alone limits the amount of people. If it wasn't for the Starlight Rose, I wouldn't have bothered to get my Herbalist all the way up either.

On a sidenote, shouldn't Sky Golems be returning a bit more now? So far I am rarely seeing people use them.
    Last edited by mmoc0db2352a9d; 2016-09-23 at 02:16 PM. Reason: fat fingers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathaia View Post
    On a sidenote, shouldn't Sky Golems be returning a bit more now? So far I am rarely seeing people use them.
    check your ah on sky golems, the price jsut trippled/quadrupled if you have an engineer with some jards lieing around, give it a shot ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aziras View Post

On a positive note: I have experienced many times that the players on my server generally have a gentleman's behaviour around nodes (veins and herbs). If someone sense that another player is going for a node too, but have mobs on tow, they will either wait a little with the picking or help kill the mobs. So that everyone gets to grab the node before it disappears. A pleasant surprise from the current-state rather selfish community.
    Didn't affect me much with my 0.5s tauren druid herb picking timer that allows me to combat-pick herbs with up to 4-5 mobs swinging at me, but still good gentleman behaviour.
    Yes I've seen people do this for me, and I've done it for other people (help kill so we can both tap the herb node afterward). It's really nice. I predict it will die the moment flying is in, because people won't want to get out of their sky golems to help kill anymore. Anyone on the ground fighting something will be sotl.