Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    They destroyed a nice hotel, by the way. How exactly is this allowed?
    Well, what are the options to resolve the issue? A group of 100 or more people is not easy to control. You can't exactly go and mow them all down and bury them either.

The authorities can only play damage control, and do their best to protect and keep innocent people safe. Aside from that, aggression generally only fuels the fire until things are way out of hand.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I was thinking of it earlier, the "he was in a car reading a book" story seems to be just from his daughter originally. If they come out with proof it was a lie, they should charge her with inciting a riot and toss her in jail for it.
    Never happen... they did not charge the people that lied about Micheal Brown in Furgeson. All of that was all base on a lie too. The entire BLM movement is based on a lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Gotta "Give them their space". Which translates into "They'll stop eventually".

The government has fully subscribed to allowing black rioters to destroy rather than attempt to stop them. Ferguson set the precedent for every one of these.
    But what else can they do? Like I said, they can't just go in and open fire on everyone in the streets. They can try to detain each person, but that will turn into a bloody battle as well.

I honestly can't think of any way to stop a riot without killing those who are rioting, besides just letting it run it's course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Well, what are the options to resolve the issue? A group of 100 or more people is not easy to control. You can't exactly go and mow them all down and bury them either.
    That's what watercannons and tear gas is for, disperse large groups of people. There is no need to kill anyone just use those and they will run away or get owned.

Gotta "Give them their space". Which translates into "They'll stop eventually".

The government has fully subscribed to allowing black rioters to destroy rather than attempt to stop them. Ferguson set the precedent for every one of these.
    That's the issue. People are already coming from outside of Charlotte for another round tonight. This is where the PotUS needs to step in and get tough. Make some examples of people. Start hog tieing people up for disorderly conduct and people will get the message.

nothing like burning a community down to bring it together

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    That's what watercannons and tear gas is for, disperse large groups of people. There is no need to kill anyone just use those and they will run away or get owned.
    But what if they just more to another area of the city and continue rioting and looting. Follow them around with a fire truck and keep spraying? Keep throwing tear gas till you run out?

I can imagine that they would eventually quit, but what if they don't? What if it only makes more people join in the riots?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The governor should have sent in the national guard on the first night. Period. Put tanks in the city as a show of force that they won't stand for that kind of crap from nare-do-wells. To hell with PC. That person that got killed would still be alive.

If they were really as racist as the news portrays them, they'd do so.

The authorities can only play damage control, and do their best to protect and keep innocent people safe. Aside from that, aggression generally only fuels the fire until things are way out of hand.
    Since they're not indiscriminately gunning folks down, they should be dispersing via water cannon and marking tear gas. They should be incapacitating and arresting people that are actively throwing rocks or damaging property. They should of course also be providing an outlet for actual protesting vs the rioting that is getting all the coverage.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    The governor should have sent in the national guard on the first night. Period. Put tanks in the city as a show of force that they won't stand for that kind of crap from nare-do-wells.
    That would be a frightening action to take. Do you know message that would send to the 'protesters'? That they are now an enemy of the United States. That is basically a declaration of war. I personally don't want to see it go that far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    The governor should have sent in the national guard on the first night. Period. Put tanks in the city as a show of force that they won't stand for that kind of crap from nare-do-wells. To hell with PC. That person that got killed would still be alive.
    It's funny, not saying you're one of them but this reminded me how I've been seeing the usual right-wing small-government no step on snek lunatics around the net now furiously masturbating over the thought of martial law and the US military being turned against US citizens.

But you know, regressive hypocrites, what can you do?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    It's funny, not saying you're one of them but this reminded me how I've been seeing the usual right-wing small-government no step on snek lunatics around the net now furiously masturbating over the thought of martial law and the US military being turned against US citizens.

Heh. Never thought about that. Good point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    How about California .. no one cares about California plus when the big one hits the problem is over.
    I wish California would Brexit and leave most of you without Fruit, Vegtables, Dairy, and good wine.

Yes you triggered me
    Yes I was born and raised in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What about men vs women? Seems police are oppressing men by the numbers
    They are, primarily black men. Most of the statistics involving the targeting of blacks are caused by the targeted of black men, not black women. The justice system is definitely tilted in favor of women and in favor of whites.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Will this have impact on the Panthers vs Vikings NFL game at Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, this Sunday.

I have a bet on the Vikings. I hope it doesn't effect it.

But what else can they do? Like I said, they can't just go in and open fire on everyone in the streets. They can try to detain each person, but that will turn into a bloody battle as well.

I honestly can't think of any way to stop a riot without killing those who are rioting, besides just letting it run it's course.
    Arrest anyone who refuses to cease or disperse. Even if you have to wait.

Otherwise, we have riot gear in America. Shit like this is the real reason for tear gas and water cannons. Anyone cries about those methods, show the pictures of people being stripped and beaten while nothing is done.

In short, fuck feelings. Surpress this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post

What does that have to do with small government? Military force is within the constitutional areas of state and federal governments. It is the reason why states have a National Guard. To handle situations in which local and state law enforcement agencies cant.

That would be a frightening action to take. Do you know message that would send to the 'protesters'? That they are now an enemy of the United States. That is basically a declaration of war. I personally don't want to see it go that far.
    And attacking unrelated civilians and businesses is just their way of making friends, right?

But please. Tell me how aggression is bad while defending the people burning the city down.

And attacking unrelated civilians and businesses is just their way of making friends, right?

But please. Tell me how aggression is bad while defending the people burning the city down.
    Let them burn the fucking city down. Then they will complain next month there are no jobs and that the white man is racist by not opening businesses in their city.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Many liberals hope that in light of these events, Clinton will go one step further and promise to use drone strikes against racist police officers just the way they are used against suspected terrorists under the Obama administration.
    What the fuck is this shit?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"