On the note of content. I don't give a fuck if it makes me more powerful. Raiding will always be a part of games like these but with the amount of off stuff to do in FF14 such as old content, glamour, crafting, gathering, PotD, Diadem is nuts. Content shouldn't be determined by whether it increases player power or not because that is a moronic way to view it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    "Yay, Rav bird dropped!"

"You rolled 1!"
    If it makes you feel better I rolled 98 on the Bismarck bird and then someone rolled 99.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If it makes you feel better I rolled 98 on the Bismarck bird and then someone rolled 99.
    Well, it was FC farm-group, so we kept going until everybody got one. 18 runs. Next stop would be Bismarck on Sunday.

Sucks a bit that our raid group lost DPS (BLM) and possibly tank (DRK) just before patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Yay, Rav bird dropped!"
    "You rolled 1!"
    Could have been me.

I once joked around with my guild mates stating that I would roll a 0 if it were possible, punched in a /rnd 0-100 and actually got the 0.
    Imagine the laughter in TS. ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I once joked around with my guild mates stating that I would roll a 0 if it were possible, punched in a /rnd 0-100 and actually got the 0. Imagine the laughter in TS. ._.
    Hehe, yeah.. rolls then to like lower end more. I've stockpiled 20 Dragonskin Maps ready for Patch 3.4, and I'm completely sure that when something expensive drops, that specific FC-member is going to win all of it. Thinking of adding loot-rules to my maps, haha.

Also a bit happy that one of the new hairstyles is long one. Just slightly disappointed that it shows forehead, I'd love to have my Au Ra's current one on other races.. why can't SE just share it, but guess that's a start. :/

On topic of this I think I'm probably gonna come back for good in 3.4. Emerald Nightmare in WoW is meh so far, World quests are boring after a while, I don't PvP nor would I with it's current state and tbh I just find myself not enjoying it atm. Always found myself with something to do in FF14 be it raids, crafting, gathering, glamour farming and hell Lord of Verminion.

Well, it was FC farm-group, so we kept going until everybody got one. 18 runs. Next stop would be Bismarck on Sunday.

Sucks a bit that our raid group lost DPS (BLM) and possibly tank (DRK) just before patch.
    It only took 18 runs to get 8 birds? Or were you only needing two more?

Either way, I hate your luck with extreme jealousy.

Our group still have ponies that we haven't gotten. We've seen Nightmare twice in the hundreds upon hundreds of runs in the last 1.5 years. We've seen Bismarck bird once (haven't been farming Heavensward much yet, though).

At least I know 99 times will get the bird. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I believe that is intentional.

it gives them the ability to try new stuff w/o players feeling forced to do it (e.g. Palace of the dead).
    Agreed. Allow me to clarify my stance a bit since I got jumped on by people who responded to my post without reading who and what I responded to for the context of my statement.

I am ALL for side-content that doesn't increase player power if it's fun. My ultimate issue with FF14 has and probably always will be their complete and utter lack of any horizontal progression or non-ilvl based vertical progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I think there's also something to be said about a development looking at trying things they hope players will find fun rather than focusing all efforts on "bigger stats, bigger numbers."
    Agreed wholeheartedly here.

Wait, whoa, hold on. So unless you're running Alexander Savage, the game is pointless?
    You're reading my post out of context. Again to clarify - another poster "Lillpapps" said and I quote:
    It's still clear that raiding is the only thing that matters in WoW.
    My post was directed to counter this argument. He's stating that all side-content is non-relevant in WoW, but he doesn't believe the same applies to FF14? That's naive and hypocritical. The entire point of my post was to expose this point with concrete examples of similar content.

I also didn't say pointless anywhere in my post. I simply said non-relevant content that doesn't boost your player power, which is exactly what that content is. There's nothing wrong with that design philosophy or content, but it is a fact.

With regards to side-content I do think SQEX could do things better. It's not the content is bad or unfun, but it's generally just so unrewarding. I would have loved to have Chocobo Racing be an actual skill based, with progression and choices to make with valuable rewards and game-changing value.

I mean imagine if it was actually beneficial to race your chocobo to train it. Imagine if when trained it moved faster? Maybe it learned new neat tricks like new attacks/abilities as a pet? What about if you could learn new movement abilities like sliding, diving, super jumping, sprinting by training it? Just some really rough ideas for some fun, meaningful side content with actual impactful rewards (i.e. horizontal progression).

I would like to see Yoshia & his team intrigued by the artifact design and consider something akin to it for future relics. I also agree the world quests have a certain interesting aspect to them over FATEs for me.
    Despite your previous post you and I do agree on things more than you think . I was really sad when they released the HW Relic's and it was LITERALLY a copy paste of what we had in ARR. Really, truly disappointed. They have so much prestige behind these weapons from past FF titles. Getting Excalibur and thinking aww man, maybe my passive move speed or attack speed would be increased or a shortened cooldown on key ability, but nope +x damage that's it.

As far as WQ vs. Fates. I like the ones in Suramar City. I just love the idea of there being a reasonable amount of danger in the city (mostly elite side). it feels refreshing even if at times it's a complete pain for me, looking at you Consolidating Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Why is only content that boosts your character power relevant? You do know that some people play games to have fun and find other things fun than increasing your character power right? This is why to some people that has played WoW for 10 years the game just doesn't have anything that keep them hooked. If you don't enjoy raiding in Legion you can do the same content you have done every expansion.
    You're the one who said:
    I was actually hyped on mythic+ until they nerfed it to the ground.
    So by your own admission you're saying that you were hyped for content, but because they nerfed the loot acquisition (because that's all they nerfed) the content is no longer relevant to you.

Now to be clear, if you had paid attention to my post instead of being instantly triggered you'd have realized that I actually like FF14, a lot. I'm heavily disappointed by how terribly they're using their resources to make engaging and rewarding content, but that's a discussion for another time.

My issue was that you were being very hypocritical towards WoW for whatever reason, and turning a blind eye to the issues that plague FF14.

You then state:
    Now I'm back to FFXIV, spending all my time crafting (something WoW failed massively with in Legion) and having a blast.
    Which is odd to me, because not only is crafting relatively useless, you just macro your rotations to hit your perfect crafts. Would you mind actually qualifying what about spending hours crafting is so much fun to you? Maybe there's something I'm missing or maybe you're just the type of player who likes mindless grinds with no engagement or reward (nothing wrong with that type of mindset either, just not the one I have).

You also stated you didn't wan to start a discussion - for that I am sorry

I find it the complete other way around. I found Broken Shore to be extremely dull. World quests and fates are not the same thing. World quests are dailies and as I said in my post I like the tradition dailies better. For reasons that you know what you are getting every day and because world quests are horribly imbalanced. Some takes 10 minutes to do and some takes seconds.
    Nothing wrong with liking traditional dailies over WQ. (side note: I don't know why but I really liked the beast tribe dailies. I like their plights, the quest story associated with them, etc.)

Also - about WQ you don't know which you're going to get every day. They're generally different. You unlock more WQ based on which questlines you've completed.

How are WQs imbalanced by taking differing lengths of time to complete?! That's arguably the most asinine thing I've ever seen posted. Are you mad that some FATEs take more time to complete or required more people (or took 6 hours to spawn)? Are you mad that some MSQs are fast turn ins or travel or require you to do group content and take time to queue for? Like seriously LOL. The ones that take longer also have better rewards; commensurate? I can't say, but certainly better.

Artifacts and Relics are nothing alike. I wish people would stop comparing them. Relics are catch up weapons first and foremost which you upgrade by running non raiding content or old raiding content. They are mainly there to give non raiders an alternate weapon while keeping the world alive with players. Artifacts are the be all weapons of WoW. It's the only weapon you are going to get and it's supposed to be the best weapon.
    Thematically Relics and Artifact weapons are identical. They're one of a kind weapons of untold power and legacy. Mechanically they are different, much to FF14s detriment. There is nothing in relics that makes them catch up weapons when they require downright ungodly amounts of mindless grinding to acquire. They're simply alternative close to BIS weapons for the lesser skilled crowd (note: not casual, because no casual player has the time to grind one of these out and stay ahead of the curve) who don't want to or can't step into savage. Again, nothing wrong with this approach, but I STRONGLY believe they could have used no-name weapons to better suit this cause and have the relics actually live up to their potential.

As far as keeping the world alive with players, shouldn't the fate system being doing that? It probably would if FATES weren't a complete joke from a engagement or reward standpoint or if most players weren't burnt out by having to do thousands of them to acquire stages of their relic.

Personal opinions dude. You don't seem to grasp that some things are fun to others that you don't find fun.
    No, I do. I don't grasp your hypocrisy when you state x is bad in one game, but not bad in another.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I don't do them all but having 10+ ARTIFACT POWER world quests every day for me is a bit much. Its tiny increments for doing a bunch of stuff and it doesn't feel rewarding. That 500 I just got even though I have level 4 knowledge level? That gave me .25% towards my next level. Now go 9 more of those. It doesn't help that there's a lot to do already and with raids opening its even worse.

It wouldn't hurt at all if there was four a day and you got 1000 each. Or implement a system were if you missed out on the last set it gives you a tiny buff for the next set that spawn. Say 30% more if you missed out on a one or two rotations of the world quests.
    This is actually really good feedback. I too feel sometimes having to do all those AP quests is tiring, and I feel bad missing some due to RL obligations, so some kind of buffer to make it better when you finally CAN get around to it is a nice suggestion (ala rested exp).

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Woah there.... I m a savage raider myself and it's definitely not the only thing that matters. For a change I like to do stuff outside of savage that contribute nothing to my power. I like to do stuff for glamour for example. Or for completion. Or for fun! And for all of those FFXIV still offers more and better stuff to me. And about reused mechanics. As if WoW does not reuse mechanics. It's not about reusing the mechanics but about how you reuse them. Sure the platform thing on Sophia might just be leviathans platform 2.0 but it's being done differently with the scale and all and the general flow of battle. Reusing is not bad if implemented correctly. Just look at thordan.
    I already explained myself twice up top, so I'll tldr it here: My post was not absolute in definition. It was to expose the hypocrisy of another poster. I too like side content that doesn't increase player power.

I don't know why you're mentioning reused mechanics. I never talked about this. I mentioned reused art assets. I have no issues at all with the boss mechanics in FF14 (and very often find them more enjoyable than WoW's).

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Jesus, is this what modern WoW does to people?

Why would you ever pay a subscription fee to run one instance on repeat every few months? thats not a game. Thats repetitive tedium. Unless you have purple fever and an epeen complex an mmorpg should never just be about chasing gear and hiding off in an instance with a dozen other people or less, thats a sign the developer hasn't made an interesting and engaging world.
    Why would you ever pay a sub fee to kill four bosses over and over again for 6 months? Oh wait, your entire argument just collapsed on itself.

You're implying "negatively" I might add that WoW has only raiding, and has no other content (it does), and that FF14 is this bastion of perfection. You're literally displaying the exact same hypocrisy that my OP responded to.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    One word: Story. I mean, they do kinda spend a lot of time, effort and money on it. Otherwise the game would just be a lobby with a checklist of fights done 'cos you want loot' and nothing else. Even the Savage content your AMG MUST HAVE BIGGER NUMBAHS AMG myopic focus holds so high wouldn't exist without it.
    Instead of your weird passive-aggressive childish post you could have just stated your retort like an adult. Now that I know your state of mind, I'll take the high road and discuss this like an adult.

I love the story bits in FF14, but if you're trying to say that WoW: Legion has no story you're mistaken. It's actually extremely well constructed. Is it better? I can't say, but it is certainly very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    In wow yeah sure the content when you get to endgame becomes either:
    • Metas

while in ff xiv:
    • running palace
    • doin triple triad
    • chocobo race
    There. I cleaned this up for you so now we can look at the results. I took out everything that applies to both games. So now that we have this.

I agree that FF14 does have more things to do, but really, triple triad isn't terribly rewarding. Chocobo racing is a fun novelty, but its not something you do for extended periods of time and is terribly unrewarding. See post above - I added some thoughts that would possibly improve on that.

I agree that the "mini-game" they created in PotD is neat. It's not what I wanted from it, but I can't deny its allure. I will say that WoWs minigame of withered training was a ton of fun for me (until I beat it. Took me like 3 tries, can only attempt once every 3 days). I also like chasing metas to unlock rare features that not all players will have, so I included that since the achievement system in FF14 is pretty trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    Content for me is things to do that I find relevant, it doesn't necessarily have boost player power.
    Content is what has you logging in and actually do while having fun.

It can be raids, pet battles, dungeons, pvp, mini games crafting gathering basically everything that has you busy and playing the game.
    So all the things you noted as irrelevant content does not make it non content for others tho. All that content you don't find important maybe others do so its still content for them and me.
    Agreed. Please see my responses above for more detailed analysis. My posts context was in response to someones hypocrisy that I wanted to point out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    So anything added that doesn't contribute to player power is useless and a waste of time?

There's this thing...it's called fun. Yes, it's subjective. However, it's often what people play games for.

I mean, WoD was a smashing success with it's complete lack of content and subsequent focus on "raid or die" for player power...oh wait.
    Fun is subjective for sure, but there are also universal truths to things. Going to the dentist to get a root canal is not fun. Not to anyone. The same can apply to features in games. I will refrain from specifying one at this time out of respect for the current discussion.

With that said: Please understand the context of my OP. It was in response to another posters hypocritical comment. I understand people are taking me word for word, and that's my fault for not pointing to the hypocrisy more clearly.

I love side-content. I have issues with FF14 side-content, but that's not the focal point of the topic. Regarding WoD - agreed. They dropped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    On the note of content. I don't give a fuck if it makes me more powerful. Raiding will always be a part of games like these but with the amount of off stuff to do in FF14 such as old content, glamour, crafting, gathering, PotD, Diadem is nuts. Content shouldn't be determined by whether it increases player power or not because that is a moronic way to view it.
    Agreed. My OP was in response to a hypocritical comment from another poster. I do not actually believe that the only content that should exist is savage. I love side-content (MEANINGFUL, rewarding side content).

10+ Year Old Account
    It only took 18 runs to get 8 birds? Or were you only needing two more?

Either way, I hate your luck with extreme jealousy.
    Mm, think we needed 7 birds. And oh right, one was left without - so we got 6 of them from 18 runs, still need to get that last Rav bird on Sunday before going after Bismarck.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    My post was directed to counter this argument. He's stating that all side-content is non-relevant in WoW, but he doesn't believe the same applies to FF14?
    So by your own admission you're saying that you were hyped for content, but because they nerfed the loot acquisition (because that's all they nerfed) the content is no longer relevant to you.
    I said that the only thing WoW did better than FFXIV was raids and dungeons. Since they nerfed Mythic+ which is the only content I find more fun in WoW than FFXIV it means that the things that are relevant to me in WoW are not worth my time compared to all the things I find relevant in FFXIV. This has nothing to do with gear. I found Mythic+ to be fun because you could be competitive with resonable hours each week similar to raiders. Now that's no longer possible. You need to do both.

You put words in my mouth. Side content in WoW is relevant to those that find those fun. I don't find them fun compared to FFXIV side content. The ONLY thing I find more fun in WoW is difficult dungeon content. That's why I went back to FFXIV.

Just because you like one type of content in one game does not mean you like the same content in another game.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2016-09-22 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Agreed. Allow me to clarify my stance a bit since I got jumped on by people who responded to my post without reading who and what I responded to for the context of my statement.

I am ALL for side-content that doesn't increase player power if it's fun. My ultimate issue with FF14 has and probably always will be their complete and utter lack of any horizontal progression or non-ilvl based vertical progression.
    Appreciate the clarification. I did entirely miss the comparison of "If WoW is exclusively about raiding with all else irrelevant, then FFXIV shares that same design" being made in response to the previous post. Apologies for the error, but much appreciation for the level headed clarification.

Though I'd say this only holds true NOW that Legion has released. Prior to this, FFXIV did allow for multiple paths of character progression.
    Relic/Tomestones
    24 man
    Primal EX/8 man

All three were their own progression path and I was QUITE content being a Crystal Tower & tomestone player while others were in Bahamut's Coil. In fact, I almost prefer it over Alexander normal/savage split.

While this was in place, WoW had raid, and only raid, progression upon reaching max level, whether it was LFR or normal (or mythic) raiding, that was still the only real option with MoP and WoD.

Now they've got mythic dungeons added and I could see new world quests being added as a catch up mechanic on some gear. (I'm not crazy that any imitation of the badge system is gone, right? Because tomestones are essentially badges of justice etc).

To those who've said FFXIV isn't even on Blizzard's radar and they don't pay that tiny upstart any attention, I feel like there's some clear FFXIV influence sprinkled around in Legion.

Mm, think we needed 7 birds. And oh right, one was left without - so we got 6 of them from 18 runs, still need to get that last Rav bird on Sunday before going after Bismarck.
    I HATE YOU WITH JEALOUSY! T-T

Seriously, spamming Garuda 5-10 times on farm night for 1.5 years before we got all 8 of us pony drops. Still need 2 Leviathan and 1 Titan, though we've spammed them less. -_-

I'd like to think birds drop a little more readily, but I suspect our crap luck will continue to hold.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-09-22 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I HATE YOU WITH JEALOUSY! T-T

Seriously, spamming Garuda 5-10 times on farm night for 1.5 years before we got all 8 of us pony drops. Still need 2 Leviathan and 1 Titan, though we've spammed them less. -_-

I'd like to think birds drop a little more readily, but I suspect our crap luck will continue to hold.
    Birds have a lot higher drop rate than ponies. FC-group ran Ramuh 27 times to see 1 pony drop.

- - - Updated - - -

From 3.35 patch notes: "[3.0] The drop rates for White Lanner Whistle, Rose Lanner Whistle, and Round Lanner Whistle have been increased."

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...c82c85a550f9a0

Well, that's good to know, at least. I'll hope while remaining pessimistic on expectations.

You're talking to someone who did Trial of the Crusader in WoW with only 2 tank drops and then did Icecrown Citadel up to Saurfang (both on 10 man) until every raid member had every drop for main and off spec from every boss before we saw 1 more tank piece drop.

At some point in my life, I did something so egregious that the RNGods forever cursed me. :3

I still hold to my claim that I'm a good raider and didn't do anything wrong!

10+ Year Old Account
    They sure chose right partner with campaign tho..

Sent my codes over an week ago and still nothing.

Well, that's good to know, at least. I'll hope while remaining pessimistic on expectations.

You're talking to someone who did Trial of the Crusader in WoW with only 2 tank drops and then did Icecrown Citadel up to Saurfang (both on 10 man) until every raid member had every drop for main and off spec from every boss before we saw 1 more tank piece drop.

At some point in my life, I did something so egregious that the RNGods forever cursed me. :3

I still hold to my claim that I'm a good raider and didn't do anything wrong!
    I think you're my soul mate because I feel the exact same with the RNGgods cursing me forever. I went throughout all of ToC with an Ulduar trinket because I could never get the Anoob caster trinket to drop. Here comes ICC and of course same stuff... and I still ran ToC 10 and 25 for the trinket weekly so I can finally get an upgrade.... nope.

Same stuff continues on to this day Two Mythic lockouts and zero upgrades so I'm stuck at 844 item level. The only reason I'm that high is because I run them with another two plate users so they pass their pity side grades onto me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hot off the press: Prelim patchnotes

which day did they say they were gonna demolish the houses for people that been away from x months? i want to camp them like a 5 year old camps in cod as a sniper xp
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just looking at those AST changes, dear Hydaelyn, protect us!

• The Balance: The increased damage effect on a single target has been changed from 10% to 20%.
    • The Bole: Damage reduction on a single target has been increased from 10% to 20%.
    • Celestial Opposition: Extended duration of effects cast by self and party members has been increased from 5 to 10 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody might share some light what's the point in this change?

"Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme), The Minstrel's Ballad: Thordan's Reign, and The Minstrel's Ballad: Nidhogg's Rage will no longer be listed under Trials in the Duty Finder."

Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    which day did they say they were gonna demolish the houses for people that been away from x months? i want to camp them like a 5 year old camps in cod as a sniper xp
    It's a timer, as soon as someone hasn't entered their house for 45 days the house gets demolished. The timer was stopped in February and will resume from where it stopped after the patch. Meaning some houses will be available sooner than others. Check the residential district when the clock hits xx.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Hot off the press: Prelim patchnotes
    Ironically my laptop was scorching when I read these so I did burn my hands

10+ Year Old Account

It has arrived. Now we shall eat all the Gysahl Greens.