Yeah, speaking of arms trinkets I just don't know what to use. I don't know if most trinkets are just absurdly low proc chance now with rppm gone (is it?) or they are just getting tinkered every other day.

It honestly seems like just stat stick trinkets are the best potentially. Spiked Counterweight used to make up anywhere from 6-12% of my damage around week 1, now it's anywhere from 0-3%, maybe 6% on a very short dungeon boss with a lucky proc or two (proc rate seems obscenely low now though). Terrorbound Nexus was doing around 9-12% of my damage when I first picked it up last week, now it does a stable 3-6%. Is Faulty Countermeasures really OK compared to just a str/mastery stat stick? Lots of wasted crit on there and the on use doesn't seem that great.

Question on trinkets. I have an ilvl 840: 1123 str, 898 mastery; a ilvl 835: 1073, 882 mastery; ilvl 840 Gift of Radiance and ilvl 830 Memento of Angerboda. Which combination of these trinkets should I be using? Thanks.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    Yeah, speaking of arms trinkets I just don't know what to use. I don't know if most trinkets are just absurdly low proc chance now with rppm gone (is it?) or they are just getting tinkered every other day.

It honestly seems like just stat stick trinkets are the best potentially. Spiked Counterweight used to make up anywhere from 6-12% of my damage around week 1, now it's anywhere from 0-3%, maybe 6% on a very short dungeon boss with a lucky proc or two (proc rate seems obscenely low now though). Terrorbound Nexus was doing around 9-12% of my damage when I first picked it up last week, now it does a stable 3-6%. Is Faulty Countermeasures really OK compared to just a str/mastery stat stick? Lots of wasted crit on there and the on use doesn't seem that great.
    I rolled a 870 Spontaneous Appendages off heroic tree last night - seems to do about 6% of my damage on an average raid fight. 1k mastery is nice too.

Not really sure what I'd use for a second trinket.

What is the current best pot for arms we have? Deadly Grace or Old War? I have conflicted information about them.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    What is the current best pot for arms we have? Deadly Grace or Old War? I have conflicted information about them.
    Old War is doing some crazy damage right now. It's interesting looking at pot damage in logs now, since in the past it's just been strength additions. im not sure deadly grace is even close to old war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post
    Old War is doing some crazy damage right now. It's interesting looking at pot damage in logs now, since in the past it's just been strength additions. im not sure deadly grace is even close to old war.
    Yeah it's freaking ridiculous - just killed Xavius, using two pots.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=10
    14million damage, just like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drianaa View Post

what is your rotation? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulmaster View Post
    what is your rotation? :O
    Uhm nothing special, pretty much the FR build rotation you find on Icy Veins or here on the forums.
    (Even though I'm still optimizing stuff because getting it all right when fighting new bosses is annoying)

Deleted
    Uhm nothing special, pretty much the FR build rotation you find on Icy Veins or here on the forums.
    (Even though I'm still optimizing stuff because getting it all right when fighting new bosses is annoying)
    yeah but on icy veins talks about overpower talent but we dont use on focused rage rotation. im kinda confused how to not be starved of rage

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah but on icy veins talks about overpower talent but we dont use on focused rage rotation. im kinda confused how to not be starved of rage
    It also says "If taken and available" - and since you don't take it in the FR build, just cut that from the list.

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=10
    I did 10 man yesterday with some friends and we wanna go for HC this weekend and go in with pots/flasks etc. Since the pot has no timer in tooltip how does it work? Pre pot and one infight when we burst? and the ghosts mimic your attacks?

Deleted
    It also says "If taken and available" - and since you don't take it in the FR build, just cut that from the list.
    and why the top dps on logs are using hamstring also?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    I did 10 man yesterday with some friends and we wanna go for HC this weekend and go in with pots/flasks etc. Since the pot has no timer in tooltip how does it work? Pre pot and one infight when we burst? and the ghosts mimic your attacks?
    Looking at my logs, the pot's duration is 25 seconds and mirrors 100% of my damage (?). I'm not really sure about the damage part, since I haven't used warcraftlogs in a long time, but the highest hit the pot triggered was at 1,1million, which could have been a mortal strike.

But on the topic of getting pots and flask for normal/heroic: I really don't think it's worth the price.
    I only used 7 pots, since I got them for free from Battleground caches and wanted to test them.

and why the top dps on logs are using hamstring also?
    Since you spec into Deadly Calm, you have no rage cost on abilities while Battle Cry is up. And since Hamstring does damage, it also gives you an additional chance to proc Tactician. Or short: you spam Hamstring while Battle Cry is up in hope of tactician procs.
    Last edited by Drianaa; 2016-09-22 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    FR is designed to be 1-2 targets because of Sweeping Strikes, lvl 15 tier. 3 Targets and above Arms is useless outside BS wombo combo!

- - - Updated - - -

With food buff I'm at 86% mastery and around 12% Versatility. I don't see it getting a lot higher in EN, too much shit loot so I agree with you. What will increase is everything else so it's not all bad.
    yes thats what I meant. I got 95% mastery and 7% versatility with 2 crafted items and this 850 mastery only ring from world drop. if I switch out those 2 pieces I will effectively lose mastery that feels pretty weird.

Looking at my logs, the pot's duration is 25 seconds and mirrors 100% of my damage (?). I'm not really sure about the damage part, since I haven't used warcraftlogs in a long time, but the highest hit the pot triggered was at 1,1million, which could have been a mortal strike.

But on the topic of getting pots and flask for normal/heroic: I really don't think it's worth the price.
    I only used 7 pots, since I got them for free from Battleground caches and wanted to test them.

Since you spec into Deadly Calm, you have no rage cost on abilities while Battle Cry is up. And since Hamstring does damage, it also gives you an additional chance to proc Tactician. Or short: you spam Hamstring while Battle Cry is up in hope of tactician procs.
    why not slam?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    why not slam?
    Well Slam of course, too (or Execute instead of Slam when available). I didn't exclude it in my statement above, only answered why Hamstring is used at all.

why not slam?
    Hamstring is off the GCD and has its own 1 second CD. There is no reason to not spam Hamstring during BC. You can use Hamstring and slam at the same time during BC or any other ability for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    why not slam?
    Well Slam of course, too (or Execute instead of Slam when available). I didn't exclude it in my statement above, only answered why Hamstring is used at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGod View Post
    Some of warriors here simply don't want to do good dps as Arms and begging Blizzard for nerfs. It's not me. If Blizzard will nerf us - ok, shit happens. But if YOUR problem is OUR good dps it blows my mind. Sometimes I think that in this thread are Fury warriors waiting for Arms nerfs. So for the record: it's Arms thread and as Arms I enjoy every moment I'm in top 3 dps chart.
    I don't think you know what the word balance means.

I'm not sure if simcraft is showing Gift of Radiance damage correctly. Simcraft shows it hitting for an average of 81k hit and 160k crit, but in-game it's hitting as hard as my slam (340k~ crit under Avatar and CS debuff). Is it worth using GoR over a high ilvl stat stick as long as you use GoR under BC and CS debuff vs getting 2% more mastery and higher strength?