Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    At least this now does explain why I had issues with logging in after returning from a battleground to Skyhold.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never been disconnected going to / from the class hall.

I would wager this is only affecting a limited number of people.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Sorry, go back to tumblr. If you want to bitch about that from a bunch of pixels.. lol
    This x10. I chuckled.
    I personally like our class hall. The warlock class hall, to me, was garbage.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    The other warriors are your supporters, the Valarjar. It is an organization of immortal Vrykul warriors. New lore =/= no lore. The Valarjar is a warrior organization. Your followers, titanic or Vrykul, are warriors.
    Well, see that's not even true.

First off, the Valarjar work for Odyn, not us. They really aren't our followers so much as doing what he says. This might be considered semantics, but it's still in stark contrast with the setting of every other class hall in which the members of that order expressly follow the player. The only one that might be relatable is Rogue, but even it has a much more convincing setting as the Rogue is made one of the Uncrowned, rather than the Warrior acting as an agent of Odyn.

Second, and more importantly, what do you define as a "Warrior"? If you're using it in the broad sense of the word, sure the Valarjar might be considered "warriors" (aka fighters), but if you're defining it by the class, they really aren't. Just take a look around - many of them don't even wear plate, and we can tell their true classes inside the Halls of Valor instance as those "Valarjar" who don't even wear plate clearly are not warriors - they are also psuedo-Shaman, Hunters and what more closely resemble Paladins.

You can handwave and say they are "warriors" simply because they swing weapons around, but that really doesn't mean they are connected with the Warrior class as we know it what so ever. They quite simply do not. In short: The Order for Warriors is the Valarjar, that does not mean that the Valarjar themselves are Warriors.

Deleted
    Happens to me about 50% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    First off, the Valarjar work for Odyn, not us. They really aren't our followers so much as doing what he says. This might be considered semantics, but it's still in stark contrast with the setting of every other class hall in which the members of that order expressly follow the player. The only one that might be relatable is Rogue, but even it has a much more convincing setting as the Rogue is made one of the Uncrowned, rather than the Warrior acting as an agent of Odyn.
    He assigns you to lead the Valarjar. This is no different than a huge amount of order halls where they crown you the unofficial warleader of sorts for the order. This really is just semantics.

Second, and more importantly, what do you define as a "Warrior"? If you're using it in the broad sense of the word, sure the Valarjar might be considered "warriors" (aka fighters), but if you're defining it by the class, they really aren't. Just take a look around - many of them don't even wear plate, and we can tell their true classes inside the Halls of Valor instance as those "Valarjar" who don't even wear plate clearly are not warriors - they are also psuedo-Shaman, Hunters and what more closely resemble Paladins.

You can handwave and say they are "warriors" simply because they swing weapons around, but that really doesn't mean they are connected with the Warrior class as we know it what so ever. They quite simply do not. In short: The Order for Warriors is the Valarjar, that does not mean that the Valarjar themselves are Warriors.
    ...Dude, a huge amount of warriors in this game do not wear what looks like plate armor. Virtually every major orc/tauren warrior NPC not named Saurfang say hi.

There is a gigantic difference between the titanic elemental warriors and shamans and hunters. They are warriors infused with storm, ice, and other titanic powers, but they are still warriors. Since your entire post is nothing but semantic picking I'll just say this: If you click on your reputation tab for The Valarjar, what do they call them? If you click on your champions, what are their classes and specializations?

They're warriors.

He assigns you to lead the Valarjar. This is no different than a huge amount of order halls where they crown you the unofficial warleader of sorts for the order. This really is just semantics.
    Read the post again. Superficially, yeah there's no difference. Story wise there's a big difference.

...Dude, a huge amount of warriors in this game do not wear what looks like plate armor. Virtually every major orc/tauren warrior NPC not named Saurfang say hi.

There is a gigantic difference between the titanic elemental warriors and shamans and hunters. They are warriors infused with storm, ice, and other titanic powers, but they are still warriors. Since your entire post is nothing but semantic picking I'll just say this: If you click on your reputation tab for The Valarjar, what do they call them? If you click on your champions, what are their classes and specializations?

They're warriors.
    You mean the reputation that is common to all classes in the game? hmm.

It's not about looks, but actions. Those characters aren't infused with anything, they are legitimately Shaman/Hunters. This is evidenced by the fact that they have these same skills and "powers" in life before ever making their way to the Skyhold to begin with.

Again, the crux of the issues comes down to how you define "Warrior". You can call them whatever you want, but the point remains that they have absolutely no connection to the Warrior class that the players belong to. As I pointed out above, this is the issue with equating the term warrior to the class Warrior. They are not one and the same. It's Vrykul story, and a Vrykul class hall, and if you pay attention to the story it specifically discludes any other player or character, which is only one of many contradictions.

Then there's the greater fact that the place only exists as an extension of the overall Stormheim storyline, also evidenced by 7.1 content, making it even less exclusive to Warrior players. This flies in the face of literally every other class hall, wherein there is a self-contained story that revolves around their class. Hell, they couldn't even be assed to flesh out the Skyhold, it's filled with generic NPCs. To give an example, there are 48 unique-looking and named characters in the Paladin class hall. Know how many are in the "Warrior" one? 8. Know how many of them existed before Legion? 0.

Hell, even the designers during the Q&A themselves said they took the Warriors out to instead focus on the Vrykul story, so I don't know what you're on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Read the post again. Superficially, yeah there's no difference. Story wise there's a big difference.
    As far as I know, this isn't unique to warriors. Hunters as well are as far as I know not the leader of their organization and rather just the leader of their military forces, as well as death knights not becoming the leaders of the Ebon Blade by any stretch of the imagination and instead simply being promoted to Deathlord. I'm sure there are others, but not ever class is the leader of their order; several are not, and are simply given important titles and command of the organization's troops. There's no difference between this and warriors.

You mean the reputation that is common to all classes in the game? hmm.
    Are you for real.

Dude, there's a zone based around the Vrykul and Odyn story. Of course it's going to be a rep. That doesn't make it not warriors. The people earning the reputation are not a part of the organization unless they're a warrior. This is similar to saying that somehow it matters that mages can earn Kirin Tor rep...just...what.

It's not about looks, but actions. Those characters aren't infused with anything, they are legitimately Shaman/Hunters. This is evidenced by the fact that they have these same skills and "powers" in life before ever making their way to the Skyhold to begin with.

Again, the crux of the issues comes down to how you define "Warrior". You can call them whatever you want, but the point remains that they have absolutely no connection to the Warrior class that the players belong to. As I pointed out above, this is the issue with equating the term warrior to the class Warrior. They are not one and the same. It's Vrykul story, and a Vrykul class hall, and if you pay attention to the story it specifically discludes any other player or character, which is only one of many contradictions.

Then there's the greater fact that the place only exists as an extension of the overall Stormheim storyline, also evidenced by 7.1 content, making it even less exclusive to Warrior players. This flies in the face of literally every other class hall, wherein there is a self-contained story that revolves around their class. Hell, they couldn't even be assed to flesh out the Skyhold, it's filled with generic NPCs. To give an example, there are 48 unique-looking and named characters in the Paladin class hall. Know how many are in the "Warrior" one? 8. Know how many of them existed before Legion? 0.

Hell, even the designers during the QA themselves said they took the Warriors out to instead focus on the Vrykul story, so I don't know what you're on about.
    So in short you're saying that you personally don't like the way it feels because it's new lore and has a central theme involving Odyn and the Titans. I'm glad we cleared that up.

I have no problem with people having an issue with a thing, my original post in this was addressing someone who was saying that the Halls of Valor were not a warrior order hall at all and had nothing to do with warriors. Which is pretty much blatantly not true when you're a warrior commanding an army of warriors alongside your warrior champions and much of your order hall's story, while focusing around titans, puts a heavy focus on war and battle, which are the driving concepts of a warrior. The class is a broad concept and it can't really be defined what is and isn't thematic for it other than what Blizzard themselves make in their lore.

Deleted
    At first look I liked it, but the more time I spend there the more I grow to dislike it. I can dig the vrykul and the Viking Theme'd order hall but it really feels like we have NO prior relationship to any of these. Odyn thought we were cool and now he ALLOWS us to chill there and help him out now and then.

I understand lore wise that is a big deal, but it feels like our order hall and story could work with any of the classes. There's nothing Warrior about it except "VIKINGS RAWRARWWAR". Give us a proper War hall, with different tools of war and strategy maps. Different legendary (lore or just cool-ness wise) weapons hanging around with some of the cooler Warrior characters that you can find being amongst your comrades/subordinates.

There's a lot of things that could've been done better with our Order hall tbh and I'd gladly sacrifice our zone-teleport for a more RP order hall.

As far as I know, this isn't unique to warriors. Hunters as well are as far as I know not the leader of their organization and rather just the leader of their military forces, as well as death knights not becoming the leaders of the Ebon Blade by any stretch of the imagination and instead simply being promoted to Deathlord. I'm sure there are others, but not ever class is the leader of their order; several are not, and are simply given important titles and command of the organization's troops. There's no difference between this and warriors.

Are you for real.

Dude, there's a zone based around the Vrykul and Odyn story. Of course it's going to be a rep. That doesn't make it not warriors. The people earning the reputation are not a part of the organization unless they're a warrior. This is similar to saying that somehow it matters that mages can earn Kirin Tor rep...just...what.

So in short you're saying that you personally don't like the way it feels because it's new lore and has a central theme involving Odyn and the Titans. I'm glad we cleared that up.

I have no problem with people having an issue with a thing, my original post in this was addressing someone who was saying that the Halls of Valor were not a warrior order hall at all and had nothing to do with warriors. Which is pretty much blatantly not true when you're a warrior commanding an army of warriors alongside your warrior champions and much of your order hall's story, while focusing around titans, puts a heavy focus on war and battle, which are the driving concepts of a warrior. The class is a broad concept and it can't really be defined what is and isn't thematic for it other than what Blizzard themselves make in their lore.
    The warrior class hall has nothing to do with warriors by blizzards own admission. They stated they set out to do a warrior hall and questline and scrapped it to instead focus on Vrykul.

Also, all Vrykul go to the halls of valor if worthy. This is very clear in the dungeon itself which is full of casters, hunters, and paladins. One of our minions, the shield maidens, are aspiring paladins who, if you get the upgrade, become paladins. Our other minions all aspire to be golems with magical lightning powers.

Any class can fit into our class hall. It has NOTHING to do with warriors. Nothing. If anything, Paladins fit in better.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    The warrior classhall works really well with leaps into every zone etc.
    however, i would trade it any day to have something else. I don't connect that well with the whole viking theme ... i am a dwarf for crying out loud =/

The warriors in WoW have not so much in common (lore wise) other then being known to be battle hardend idiots So that's what they could've gone with.
    It would've been so amazing to have an area with on 1 side a (small) horde area and on the other side a small alliance area with an arena in the center. Where warriors from either side could challange each other. I would really dig something like that. The warrior class would fit this really well imo. Working together with the horde would feel more like a cold war.
    Well methodologically dwarfs are part of Norse lore which Valhalla is part of.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
    I've not seen any of Azeroth's famous warriors hanging around there yet.
    because you must beleive in Valhalla to go there, you only whent there because you saw people go there with your own eyes, varian, broxigar, etc, dident know/believe about it
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    I've never been disconnected going to / from the class hall.

I would wager this is only affecting a limited number of people.
    I'm in your group. I've heard about people disconnecting and falling to their deaths and such.Sometimes I just spam jump back and forth, only time I had issues was when everything else was having issues, So at least for me. Halls work great.

So far, compared to the DK hall and the Druid hall, Warrior is pretty nice. Everything close and on the same level. Theme doesn't float my boat, but could be worse.

Not true, in fact the very first introductory questline upon reaching the Hunter class hall it is specifically stated that you're being put in charge of the Hunters and talks about how they've gathered the best hunters from around Azeroth to join you; there's even a small ceremony in which they all gather and pledge service to you. Completely different.

Similarly Death Knight players are put in charge of the Ebon Blade. Darion tells you this point blank. The closest you can get to the type of agenting that the Valarjar have through Odyn is the Death Knights alliance with the Lich King, but even that is different in that you are not working directly for and taking orders from him.

Are you for real.
    Yes, I am very much real.

And yet, did you ever stop to realize that there aren't actually any Valarjar in Stormheim? They're all in the HoV. Technically they aren't even Valarjar at that point, only aspirants, and according to Odyn, Helya's curse prevents the Valarjar from actually going into the world (broken isles), although they contradict this constantly. My point is that just because it says something in games doesn't make it sensical, such as the fact that they use the word "warrior" to describe the Valarjar doesn't mean that they are Warriors in the same manner as the player class.

Your Kirin Tor analogy isn't apt, because in Wrath all players were working directly with the Kirin Tor. As pointed out above, the same is not true for the Valarjar.

That's not at all what I said, like or dislike never entered the equation. If you bothered to actually read my post, you'll see that the only "problem I have", indeed the only problem I actually brought up, is that the Vrykul have no connection to the Warrior class. They mean literally nothing to us as players; it's nothing but a glorified quest hub.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I don't like how there are hardly any warriors that we're familiar with in Skyhold. While the new lore is interesting, it doesn't fit the entire spectrum of all warriors too well at all. It feels like a Vrykul Heaven and not a Warrior Order Hall. If it were tailored more into the aspect of being a warrior, having more of an emphasis on the sacrifice and valor of battle instead of, "I'm Oydn, Senior Titan Watcher, I say your the best so here are shiny weapons, go hit things with them and chill at my place when your done."
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I don't like how there are hardly any warriors that we're familiar with in Skyhold. While the new lore is interesting, it doesn't fit the entire spectrum of all warriors too well at all. It feels like a Vrykul Heaven and not a Warrior Order Hall. If it were tailored more into the aspect of being a warrior, having more of an emphasis on the sacrifice and valor of battle instead of, "I'm Oydn, Senior Titan Watcher, I say your the best so here are shiny weapons, go hit things with them and chill at my place when your done."
    Dont dance around it.

Its not that there are hardly any warriors that we're familiar with in Skyhold.

Its that there are no warrior that we're familiar with in Skyhold

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Dont dance around it.

Its not that there are hardly any warriors that we're familiar with in Skyhold.

Its that there are no warrior that we're familiar with in Skyhold
    Well, I remember an image with a ghost version of Grom (MU) standing there. I'm not sure if it was removed after beta or not. Aside from that, we can recruit King Ymiron, who is associated to be a warrior king back in WotLK.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Well, I remember an image with a ghost version of Grom (MU) standing there. I'm not sure if it was removed after beta or not. Aside from that, we can recruit King Ymiron, who is associated to be a warrior king back in WotLK.
    Grom removed. Entirely Vrykul and watchers now.

King Ymiron in legion and wotlk both, fought with spirit magic.

We gain him as a follower by enslaving his soul.

Really if you actually think about it, its really the only option that connects all the races because worshiping/believing in the titans is the only thing all the races have in common. The only ones who don't are cultists for either the legion or old gods. Lorewise you have been interacting with titan shit and stuff so it makes sense that Odyn would take notice of you.

An arena would be fucking stupid "lets kill each other for fun while we fight the burning legion because we are warriors!" and only fits some warriors.

Warriors have no real skills other than fighting, have no real organization, and is pretty much a catch all term for anyone who uses a melee weapon but can't heal, use some sort of magic, or stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Really if you actually think about it, its really the only option that connects all the races because worshiping/believing in the titans is the only thing all the races have in common. The only ones who don't are cultists for either the legion or old gods. Lorewise you have been interacting with titan shit and stuff so it makes sense that Odyn would take notice of you.

An arena would be fucking stupid "lets kill each other for fun while we fight the burning legion because we are warriors!" and only fits some warriors.

Warriors have no real skills other than fighting, have no real organization, and is pretty much a catch all term for anyone who uses a melee weapon but can't heal, use some sort of magic, or stealth.
    The following races do not worship or care all that much about the titans.

Humans, Night Elves, Worgen, Draenei, the entire Horde.

War is a pretty good theme that would have fit warriors perfectly. Its even in the name. Its not a difficult concept and no other class capitalizes on it.