Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I dont know if this is a bad idea but how about having multistrike back for our mastery, 2 chances to overload independently.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Storing crap in a hole is pretty easy and efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by TotemJoker View Post
    I dont know if this is a bad idea but how about having multistrike back for our mastery, 2 chances to overload independently.
    The major problem with our mastery is simply the fact that it affects only a small portion of our damage sources. Giving it two rolls wouldn't help (however, if it becomes good, two rolls would be a great way to reduce the chance of it capping at 100%).

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    This message just says that you have no idea what your talking about.

Elemental Shaman is far behind (probbably around 30%) other classes on simple overall damage that you can check on dummies. That means that if you and your friend who is equally skilled on different class/spec (bm or mm hunter, fire mage, enh shaman, outlaw or assasination rogue, unholy dk or almost any spec) will attack dummy for 10minutes. He will be beating you by 30%. When it gets to raids because of constant movement and low Elemental Shaman mobility it gets EVEN WORSE. You can partially deal with movement by perfecting YOUR OWN play but you cannot deal with your class being way weaker.

Yeah mobility is somewhat problem but biggest problem BY FAR is that you can be playing perfectly or close to that and it will be less rewarding than derping around with one of the other specs (not just two fotm but close to any). When this will be dealt with, THEN we can speak about quality of life or convenience changes.

Damage change often, mechanics of the class does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    Damage change often, mechanics of the class does not.
    So Elemental need one of those "frequent" changes. Mobility issues can be dealt with by just playing the game well. There is nothing wrong with having class that has a high skill cap.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mobility issues can be dealt with by just playing the game well.
    Really? Please explain it to me then. How can I compensate for the complete lack of mobile casting by "just playing the game well"?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Really? Please explain it to me then. How can I compensate for the complete lack of mobile casting by "just playing the game well"?
    By minimizing the amount of time you're moving? By planning ahead so that instants are available to minimize losses? You're a caster - you don't need to be hyper mobile, that's part of the skill requirement of being a caster.

Elemental mobility is not a problem, it's just our numbers. It won't magically become a powerful spec if they let us lose 5 or 6 fewer lightning bolts over the course of a fight.

my guildies told me there wouldnt be any buffs for elemental soon because they dont want to mess up mythic world first?

i honestly think im done for the expansion then. that the most ridiculous shit i've heard. "we cant balance our game, wouldnt want to mess with world's first!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    `
    What?

So not having any movement at all, instead have 2 charges of lightning bolt and chain lightning onces every 1 min including procs of Lava Burst if you have some doesn't help?
    ¨
    If that doesn't fix something for you then you are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

I'm currently playing Mage, but if something like this would happen I could change my mind, the lack of movement struck me away from my Elemental.

Oh you want things to get better ..... not balanced.... I'm looking for balance, not better.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Elemental mobility is not a problem, it's just our numbers.
    Elemental mobility is a problem. You can deny it, others can deny it but it doesn't change the reality Ele Shamans are in right now. Mobility is a problem.

While moving we can spam Flame Shock or Frost Shock unless we get the random procs of Lava Surge - that's nothing. It's even ridiculous to think that wasting Maelstrom (if you have some while moving) on FS or Frost Shock during movement is even worth to be named "damage" while it's just an awkward playstyle compensating the lack of skill we can use during movement heavy phases.

I would even say Icefury is a nice talent but hey, Frost Shocks need Maelstrom too to be powerful - we have 3 Shocks that are spenders but no chance of generating Maelstrom during movement unless Lava Surge procs - that doesn't make any sense at all. If we can't produce our ressource while moving our spenders become worthless, even if they're all instant casts.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-09-23 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    my guildies told me there wouldnt be any buffs for elemental soon because they dont want to mess up mythic world first?

i honestly think im done for the expansion then. that the most ridiculous shit i've heard. "we cant balance our game, wouldnt want to mess with world's first!"
    And how would your guildies know? Do they have a direct line with the devs? The same devs who have said a balance patch is to be expected soon? Regardless of who made up that quote, do you really believe that devs would value an artificial race they don't even support (but which is fun to follow) over a couple million users?

It is confirmed that there will be a tuning pass with next week's reset, and we are very likely to get improved with it. Whether it will hit the right areas, and whether it will be enough are still there, but at least we know something is coming.

Hopefully, Blizzard took into account both our numbers and our feedback, and they don't simply try to bandaid the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    It is confirmed that there will be a tuning pass with next week's reset, and we are very likely to get improved with it. Whether it will hit the right areas, and whether it will be enough are still there, but at least we know something is coming.

Hopefully, Blizzard took into account both our numbers and our feedback, and they don't simply try to bandaid the spec.
    most likely a band-aid fix if its going to be thru a hotfix.

Luckily for you, your guildies are wrong. They wouldn't avoid buffing certain specs just to not influence "The World First" race, especially for a raid no one even really cares about. It would also impact all top tier guilds the same way, so it wouldn't really be "unfair" either way. Not to mention most top tier guilds have a great deal of flexibility in adjusting their comp with all the alt raids they do for gearing up.

If Elemental doesn't get some love, along with a few other specs it's because of incompetence, not the 1 %.

Deleted
    Is there been any kind of talk to buff ele? I mean there has been alot of talk in the forums but have the developpers actually said something about ele shamans?
    Last edited by mmoc8bbd100a80; 2016-09-23 at 06:49 AM.

Its so funny to read these Threads EVERY SINGLE EXPANSION

Just give up and play Mage... Blizzards beloved Caster DPS

Maybe if everyone is playing them they will wake up

Being disapointed in ele sham since WOTLK, still playing it, yup i'm a dumbass.

Thats nonsense, ofcourse they will make changes. The question whether the changes will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Oh you want things to get better ..... not balanced.... I'm looking for balance, not better.
    Amen, brother

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Elemental mobility is a problem. You can deny it, others can deny it but it doesn't change the reality Ele Shamans are in right now. Mobility is a problem.

While moving we can spam Flame Shock or Frost Shock unless we get the random procs of Lava Surge - that's nothing. It's even ridiculous to think that wasting Maelstrom (if you have some while moving) on FS or Frost Shock during movement is even worth to be named "damage" while it's just an awkward playstyle compensating the lack of skill we can use during movement heavy phases.

I would even say Icefury is a nice talent but hey, Frost Shocks need Maelstrom too to be powerful - we have 3 Shocks that are spenders but no chance of generating Maelstrom during movement unless Lava Surge procs - that doesn't make any sense at all. If we can't produce our ressource while moving our spenders become worthless, even if they're all instant casts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    You have to plan your moves ahead and some times react on a moment. Firstly you position yourself in the beginning so you do not need to move at all, then you take small steps when your recasting Flame Shock or using Lava Burst procs, you do heavier movement with Gust of Wind and make use of Ghost Wolf. You have to know the length of boss casts so you can judge whether you can finish your casts or not. You are not meele, moving is a dps loss, you just have to accept it.

You have to plan your moves ahead and some times react on a moment. Firstly you position yourself in the beginning so you do not need to move at all, then you take small steps when your recasting Flame Shock or using Lava Burst procs, you do heavier movement with Gust of Wind and make use of Ghost Wolf. You have to know the length of boss casts so you can judge whether you can finish your casts or not. You are not meele, moving is a dps loss, you just have to accept it.
    Sorry, but this is utter nonsense and just a lame excuse for the state Elemental Shamans are in.

I'm not a Melee, so what? Hunters, Mages, Moonkins etc. are no melee as well and they still have better damage during movement. What's your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    And how would your guildies know? Do they have a direct line with the devs? The same devs who have said a balance patch is to be expected soon? Regardless of who made up that quote, do you really believe that devs would value an artificial race they don't even support (but which is fun to follow) over a couple million users?
    It's quite normal that Blizzard doesn't balance around the first Mythic ID. They take it as it is and start balancing after the first Mythic ID(s). Maybe they'll bring some flat our number changes before next week but some "deeper" balancing will happen afterwards.
    _______

Blizzard's statement:

We will have a tuning pass coming with next week's restarts, and you will start see information on this in the next few days. Keep an eye on the hotfix notes and WarcraftDevs for more information.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-09-23 at 09:19 AM.

Sorry, but this is utter nonsense and just a lame excuse for the state Elemental Shamans are in.

I'm not a Melee, so what? Hunters, Mages, Moonkins etc. are no melee as well and they still have better damage during movement. What's your point?

- - - Updated - - -

It's quite normal that Blizzard doesn't balance around the first Mythic ID. They take it as it is and start balancing after the first Mythic ID(s). Maybe they'll bring some flat our number changes before next week but some "deeper" balancing will happen afterwards.
    _______

Blizzard's statement:

We will have a tuning pass coming with next week's restarts, and you will start see information on this in the next few days. Keep an eye on the hotfix notes and WarcraftDevs for more information.
    And not just that, they have better damage when they don't move too. It would be ok if we do more damage than them while not moving to compensate for lack of damage while moving. That way planing where you would stand and knowing tactics would be rewarding.

"a lame excuse for the state Elemental Shamans" thats just plain wrong! Do you get that movement doesnt take our damage output in fights, we just have low damage output.