Deleted

When is the balance patch coming out ? (I think by the end of this week?)

The Watcher ( a blizz employee) said some time ago that they are planning a "broad pass of balance changes" by the end of first week of raiding. So this is the 1st week of raiding and we have 3 more days till the end. Which means that IN 72 HOURS WE WILL SEE A BALANCE PATCH !!!!!!. Am i right?

A pass. Not a patch. Since they can now hotfix most balance related stuff, it's rather unlikely we'll see a patch. There might be some more balance hotfixes, though.

Just a quick note, Ion was referring to "class balance" and not "Balance, the Druid Specialization" for anyone partially confused by this (since it's in the Druid forum and all)

That said, I'm really hoping for a Guardian threat buff and some other tweaks here and there.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-09-23 at 05:07 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Expecting Firemage / DH dps / ww monk / uh dk "adjustments"

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for Arcane mage buffs, and Non-Sidewinders MM hunter buffs.

I'd be extremely surprised if Frost DK, Frost Mage, and Shadow Priests weren't buffed as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post

I'd be extremely surprised if Frost DK, Frost Mage, and Shadow Priests weren't buffed as well.
    Shadow priests baseed on their mythic dungeons performance?
    Because in raid they're by far the strongest caster and overall dps too on certain fights, doing up to a 100k more than an average dps on bosses like dragons of nightmare. So idno wtf you're talking about

It wouldn't make sense to buff frost dks when they already have unholy being pretty fucking good. Same thing for the frost mages, fire is top 2 caster and doesn't really have any flaws unlike most specs(shadow is stronger but has flaws for example) and it wouldn't make sense to get arcane on the same level/better for certain fights.

MM hunters are literally second best dps so if anything they will receive nerfs alongside DH and probably fire mage as well. There will most likely be slight buffs to frost mage, some locks specs, ele shaman and frost dk. But for real can hunters not be top dps? I mean you're playing a retardedly easy spec that can move and dps, why are you top dps as well?
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2016-09-23 at 01:51 AM.

MM and Shadow are probably 2 of the best 4 raid dps specs in the game right now, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    MM and Shadow are probably 2 of the best 4 raid dps specs in the game right now, lol.
    But their talents need some tuning too though, pretty much every spec has some super strong talents that eclipse the rest in their row in most situations, which is bad design and needs fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    But their talents need some tuning too though, pretty much every spec has some super strong talents that eclipse the rest in their row in most situations, which is bad design and needs fixing.
    Let them focus on specs who're completely overshadowed by the good specs, instead of fixing the first world problems of said good specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Let them focus on specs who're completely overshadowed by the good specs, instead of fixing the first world problems of said good specs.
    Sure, but with their bigger team they should have more than enough resources and data to fix both issues though.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#dataset=90 These are the rankings for the 90th percentile. 90th percentile lets us have a real look at what dps specs can really push and right now 7/10 of the best specs are melee. Only top tier ranged are MM hunters, fire mages and spriests. Blizzard has some serious issues with balance, compare frost to fire. I had been playing beta for like 5 months before legion and EVERYONE was fire but they didn't fix a fucking thing, its goddamn mind blowing at this point. Ion in an interview stated it was blizzard's responsibility to balance better this expansion so let's hope they do cause I can't imagine what a frost mage who invested a fuckton of AP into their weapon is feeling right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#dataset=90 These are the rankings for the 90th percentile. 90th percentile lets us have a real look at what dps specs can really push and right now 7/10 of the best specs are melee. Only top tier ranged are MM hunters, fire mages and spriests. Blizzard has some serious issues with balance, compare frost to fire. I had been playing beta for like 5 months before legion and EVERYONE was fire but they didn't fix a fucking thing, its goddamn mind blowing at this point. Ion in an interview stated it was blizzard's responsibility to balance better this expansion so let's hope they do cause I can't imagine what a frost mage who invested a fuckton of AP into their weapon is feeling right now.
    Yep, I have been whining about this both on the official forums and here for a while now too (not like it helps though), it really is so aggravating. They have so much feedback to draw ideas from and access to data from both dungeons and raids now so there really is no excuse. The designers wanted to go with this artifact system, so they should have some good ideas to make it actually fair and balanced too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    Shadow priests baseed on their mythic dungeons performance?
    Because in raid they're by far the strongest caster and overall dps too on certain fights, doing up to a 100k more than an average dps on bosses like dragons of nightmare. So idno wtf you're talking about

It wouldn't make sense to buff frost dks when they already have unholy being pretty fucking good. Same thing for the frost mages, fire is top 2 caster and doesn't really have any flaws unlike most specs(shadow is stronger but has flaws for example) and it wouldn't make sense to get arcane on the same level/better for certain fights.
    Shadow is only competitive with Surrender to Madness, which is a level 100 talent I believe.
    I don't play my priest anymore, but the idea of dying after every fight I use the talent on is extremely off-putting.

Also your logic doesn't make any sense, especially considering how near impossible it is to change your main spec at this point in the game.
    "Fire is OP so why should we buff Arcane and Frost, mages can just switch to fire right?" No. I've always enjoyed Arcane and Fire has been more or less the same for the last 3 years. I have 18 levels in Aluneth right now, and ZERO artifact power spent on Fire. Because I mistakenly had faith in Blizzard to balance classes before raids, I'm now unable to be competitive in a raid environment. I checked world of logs rankings for Mages, there were only 5 arcane mages and they're a good 50k DPS behind fire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    MM hunters are literally second best dps so if anything they will receive nerfs alongside DH and probably fire mage as well. There will most likely be slight buffs to frost mage, some locks specs, ele shaman and frost dk. But for real can hunters not be top dps? I mean you're playing a retardedly easy spec that can move and dps, why are you top dps as well?
    Did you not read what I said?
    MM is indeed a very good DPS spec right now. But it's entirely dependent on two talents: Patient Sniper, and Sidewinders. Without these two talents, any other iteration of MM hunter build is sitting at about a 40% DPS loss.
    Last edited by Pipboi; 2016-09-23 at 02:21 AM.

Deleted
    The fact that surrender to madness is a level 100 talent doesn't mean it doesn't make the class op

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    The fact that surrender to madness is a level 100 talent doesn't mean it doesn't make the class op
    It makes one iteration of the class competitive.
    There are supposed to be 3 other competitive iterations in that row alone. And yet the other two options are so far behind there's no way anybody will consider you for a raid if you choose them.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Of course, but that's probably going to happen in 7.1 and less so in a hotfix tuning patch. Every spec has major talent issues right now where one particular build seems to synergize with the entire tree which makes 2-3 talents just godlike shoe-ins over the rest. I know arms has that issue in particular, shadow I believe as well.

Unfortunately they seemed to be handwaving talent balance in beta by saying it's intended for some talents to be much better than others, ya know, you got your leveling from 100-110 talent, your pvp talent, and then your godlike endgame pve talent. Not a fan of that philosophy, and I think it's a major cop-out/handwave in most cases (it is appropriate in a few cases, but shouldn't be the cornerstone of talent design imo).

You wont get "talent adjustments" in a drive by hot-fix like blizz is planning. Talent adjustments require more than just 1 week of raid testing to verify if corrective actions is needed... and also there will always be a talent better then the others... even if it is only 5% better people will still complain bc its not equal and they feel pigeon holed into using that talent.