Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High gear wasn't supposed to drop from rated play without the rating requirements as it was part of the hotfix patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    High gear wasn't supposed to drop from rated play without the rating requirements as it was part of the hotfix patch notes.
    The thing is, the way PvE looting works, there is no reason for it to be like that. At most, rating should determine how your gear looks, not what ilvl it is. So long as you can do world quests and get gear that trumps anything you can get in PvP without ranking, its an issue.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The thing is, the way PvE looting works, there is no reason for it to be like that. At most, rating should determine how your gear looks, not what ilvl it is. So long as you can do world quests and get gear that trumps anything you can get in PvP without ranking, its an issue.
    Why? 1 win in 2s and 3s is about as easy as doing a WQ and takes as long/shorter, why should that reward really good gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Why? 1 win in 2s and 3s is about as easy as doing a WQ and takes as long/shorter, why should that reward really good gear?
    The WQ can reward you far better gear. Simple as that. So long as that remains, theres little incentive to PvP other than getting some gear that, no matter how much work you put in, no matter what you're rank may be, will ALWAYS be inferior to what you can much more easily get in PvE.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2016-09-23 at 03:17 AM.

The WQ can reward you better gear. Simple as that. So long as that remains, theres little incentive to PvP other than getting some gear that, no matter how much work you put in, no matter what you're rank may be, will ALWAYS be inferior to what you can get in PvE.
    How is that? WQ/mythics gives the same rewards as pvp without any real rating - you get 3 guaranteed 840+ pieces just for winning once in each bracket. If you are higher rated you get better gear from pvp, up to mythic raid quality.

Yes, PvE gear gives you better gear than PvP gear for PvP. But PvP gear doesn't matter anymore.

So what's the problem?
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Blizzard is just plowing forward with their heads down at this point. Maybe by the year 2017 they decide to emerge from their glacial hibernation.

Lets be honest? Prestige changes in 7.1 is going to do jack squat to save random BG's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Yes, PvE gear gives you better gear than PvP gear for PvP. But PvP gear doesn't matter anymore.

So what's the problem?
    You spend more time PVEing than PVPing.

So what's the problem?
    Lack of reward tends to kill a system in MMO.

Lack of reward tends to kill a system in MMO.
    Isn't that the point of prestige? Rating?

And it's not like PvP had a ton of rewards in the past. The old gear system rewarded you with the ability to play PvP.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

So what's the problem?
    It will be a problem if lack of gear progression leads to loss of interest in PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Isn't that the point of prestige? Rating?

And it's not like PvP had a ton of rewards in the past. The old gear system rewarded you with the ability to play PvP.
    The prestige rewards aren't all that great and rely to heavily on long term grinding. A reward system needs something more immediate. Nor is it all that clear what players are grinding towards. During all of this, WQ sit there constantly reminding you that you can go do them for a quicker, more immediate, likely better, reward.

Rating gets you gear that, more than any other time in WoW, isnt that great, largely due to lack of set bonuses. Heck, back in vanilla, pvp gear was competitive in PvE. In later WoW it at least was strong enough to feel special, while now, everyone knows you can either work your ass off for some high ilvl PvP gear. Or just watch your WQ random roll up to ilvl 880.

So what's the problem?
    Thats the point.

BG's will certainly die off soon if something isnt done.

Once LFR comes, arena is also going to die hard.

PvP is the system for slow rewards which are notably behind anything you could get in PvE easier and faster. PvP is going to nose dive hard, and I dont think its going to recover this time. The mass human exodus from WoD was bad enough, this time blizzard messed with the rewards and you dont do that.
    PvP should not have ever rewarded gear.
    PvP should only be done by players who want to be there to PvP.

As far as I'm concerned, if PvP "dies"(as in, much smaller player base) that is probably the best possible thing that could happen to PvP. No one would be botting because there's nothing to bot, no pvers who leech/afk just because they want gear, only real pvpers who want to be there because they WANT TO PVP.

PvP should be about PvP, not gear.

Blizzard is doing a great job trying to get that into peoples heads.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post

As far as I'm concerned, if PvP "dies"(as in, much smaller player base) that is probably the best possible thing that could happen to PvP. No one would be botting because there's nothing to bot, no pvers who leech/afk just because they want gear, only real pvpers who want to be there because they WANT TO PVP.

PvP should be about PvP, not gear.

Couldn't agree more...
    To all those doomsayers regarding RANDOM BGs (really now?) the way to PvE is that way --->
    You want to PvP because of better gear scale? Go to PvE and feel the pleasure.
    To my eye and what I've seen in 3v3s so far, gear doesn't matter. Well it matters obviously if you are stuck @~1k rating, since you really need something to cry about.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

I like that gear doesn't play that role in pvp but there is a game outside pvp which you need to do. I like the concept in gereral but I dont see the need of different gear between pvp and pve. Why the player reward not the same sets in pvp and pve? Does blizz fear the Million of 2.7k + player?
    In my mind the separation is outdated. I dislike as pvp player to grind pve stuff for pvp. And I would dislike to "idle" as pve player in BG's to get stuff which I could use in PVE.

So what's the problem?
    This lol. Everyone I talk to makes such a big deal about PvErs getting better and faster gear than PvP people. Who the hell cares? They need gear, we don't. The fact that we still get gear just doing PvP is good enough for me.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    They should drop on par gear with heroic dungeons. Currently, i dont see any incentive to play matchmade battlegrounds.
    Agreed but unfortunately cannot be fixed until 7.1. Sorry. (holinka)
    Specifically we're going to increase the ilevel based on your honor level but cannot do it yet. (holinka)

Looks like he agrees the reward system is garbage, so that's something. 7.1 might be a while though.
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2016-09-23 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    This would have guaranteed PvP had very low participation, and therefore very low attention/budget from the devs. What you are suggesting would have made PvP an even more minor afterthought in the game design.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    This lol. Everyone I talk to makes such a big deal about PvErs getting better and faster gear than PvP people. Who the hell cares? They need gear, we don't. The fact that we still get gear just doing PvP is good enough for me.
    What do you mean pvpers dont need gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    They should drop on par gear with heroic dungeons. Currently, i dont see any incentive to play matchmade battlegrounds.
    Agreed but unfortunately cannot be fixed until 7.1. Sorry. (holinka)
    Specifically we're going to increase the ilevel based on your honor level but cannot do it yet. (holinka)

Looks like he agrees the reward system is garbage, so that's something. 7.1 might be a while though.
    Wow, its almost like people had been saying this since day 1 of pvp being available and they didnt listen at all.