Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't hear too much about other minorities drawing as much attention from cops, perhaps there is a problem within the black community that needs to be addressed?
    "Listen widely to remove your doubts and be careful when speaking about the rest, and your mistakes will be few..." — Confucius.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    How about obey the commands for the safety of the officer and for yours. If you think police are targeting black men, shouldn't the first thing you do is not break the law? And when you do, don't you think you should follow the commands given? in his defense since he was high on PCP he probably didn't know where he was.
    When did I ever say police were targeting black people?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Oh, challenge fucking accepted.

Zombergy Original:

I got pulled over by a cop
    I acted proper - wasn't shot

I didn't try to kill the cop
    I didn't loot the local shop

As the cop gave me commands
    I acquiesced, showed him my hands

I didn't jive talk or speak crass
    My pants did not hang off my ass

I showed respect I acted right
    I did not try to start a fight

He had no cause to draw his gun
    And then our encounter was done

Now Wells my friend its plain to see
    That cops are not a threat to me

True danger comes from 'da bruthas'
    Who gang and bang and slaughter each other

But Black on Black crime cant buy votes
    And so White libs and dems devote

All of their effort to implying
    Scores of Black young men are dying

At the hands of racist cops
    Except its bullshit, and needs to stop.
    Holy shit that was the most beautiful reply i've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreboding View Post
    I don't hear too much about other minorities drawing as much attention from cops, perhaps there is a problem within the black community that needs to be addressed?
    I have been wondering the same thing

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tulsa-pol...203750472.html

Can people shut it now?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    I have been wondering the same thing

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tulsa-pol...203750472.html

Can people shut it now?
    No, they won't. People already called manslaughter an undercharge. Every shooting is murder now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    I got pulled over by a cop
    I acted proper - wasn't shot
    I haven't been paying attention to you at all, but you're not black, are you? Because, this particular (black) guy this thread is about didn't even get pulled over, and he "acted proper", and he was gunned down in cold blood.

An undeniable fact that the Tulsa County DA agrees, hence the manslaughter charges.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/22/us...ged/index.html

And even if you are black, it makes no difference. One black person's experiences do not negate what's been happening to the entire black community for decades and decades now.

The Massachusetts High Court even states that black men, at least in Boston, have a legitimate reason to fear the police and thus flee.

http://www.wbur.org/news/2016/09/20/...to-flee-police

I'm sorry it all wasn't in poem form, but it's still all true.

At this rate America better bring in Duterte (president of Philippines) to solve their criminal problems. Supposedly he emptied 2 magazines of an Uzi into a drug dealer himself.

The American justice system is turning into mob rule. For any perceived slight, just livestream a demonstration and off you go scot free. Even if the police did everything by their manuals, it is always police brutality for even arresting a black man, hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    At this rate America better bring in Duterte (president of Philippines) to solve their criminal problems. Supposedly he emptied 2 magazines of an Uzi into a drug dealer himself.

The American justice system is turning into mob rule. For any perceived slight, just livestream a demonstration and off you go scot free. Even if the police did everything by their manuals, it is always police brutality for even arresting a black man, hey?
    Ah yes, "mob rule". Mobs are well known for measured criminal indictments through an existing legal system.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Ah yes, "mob rule". Mobs are well known for measured criminal indictments through an existing legal system.
    I thought the favorite meme of criminal defenders was that the criminal justice system was garbage. Which is it? Is it balanced or biased?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I thought the favorite meme of criminal defenders was that the criminal justice system was garbage. Which is it? Is it balanced or biased?
    Garbage? Nope, its rather good on the whole, it just has serious problems. That doesn't make this indictment mob rule. Lay off the strawmen.

Garbage? Nope, its rather good on the whole, it just has serious problems. That doesn't make this indictment mob rule. Lay off the strawmen.
    Except when people call it corrupt when an idiot DA overcharges and loses. Or even here, where manslaughter is undercharging according to folks.

Except when people call it corrupt when an idiot DA overcharges and loses. Or even here, where manslaughter is undercharging according to folks.
    I have no idea what you're on about now. I'm not interested or liable for defending any view point but my own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Personally, I think that a cop who uses lethal force against an unarmed person is a worthless s.o.b.

If someone is unarmed and yet still causing trouble, taze them, mace them, even maybe start using tranquilizer darts. But if some thug in blue actually shoots an unarmed person, the law should be thus: automatically fired and charged with 2nd degree murder.
    American cops need de-escalation training. It's that simple. Discharging a firearm at an unarmed person regardless of their level of aggression is disproportionate response.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    American cops need de-escalation training.
    That, and some courage training, if that's even possible, to remind them that they put their lives on the line before the public, not the other way around. The life of the officer does not, absolutely, come first. The life of the people they police, do.

Soldiers know this; they go die for others. Firemen know this; they put their lives on the line to save others. I mean, firemen don't choose not to run into a burning building to save someone from dying just because that's a threat to their own asses. Rescue services (helicopter rescue and so on) know this; they put their lives on the line to save others. Pretty much all of the other branches of civic servants of this type know that they exist to serve and save the public, and that their lives come second to that of those who they're serving and saving.

Cops seem to be a special case.

I think some proper courage and "find your balls" -training is in order.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-09-23 at 06:57 AM.

I have no idea what you're on about now. I'm not interested or liable for defending any view point but my own.
    /yawn

Then why is it corrupt if a cop doesn't get a murder conviction where no malice can be proven?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    That, and some courage training, if that's even possible, to remind them that they put their lives on the line before the public, not the other way around. The life of the officer does not, absolutely, come first. The life of the people they police, do.
    I really like this stupidity. Police aren't people. And if someone wants to kill a cop, the cop has to accept it.

/yawn

Then why is it corrupt if a cop doesn't get a murder conviction where no malice can be proven?
    Do you have some particular quote you're referring to? I'm not interested in boxing your imaginary accusations of hypocrisy.

You know what is funny, this kind of jobs are all nice and good wearing a uniform looking cool and shit. (saw her pic in uniform smiling happily on the guardian today) then shit happens, and she panics, scared etc and shots. lol how much of a retard are you? really army, police, fire department all full of with this kind of cowards, idiots who cant do their job properly when it comes to it. the shot man can be a trash (i am not saying anything just read posts) but that police isn't any different. an utter garbage at her job. This is why you dont get weak minded, willed, psyched people over this kind of jobs.
    Last edited by Gref; 2016-09-23 at 07:03 AM.

Do you have some particular quote you're referring to? I'm not interested in boxing your imaginary accusations of hypocrisy.
    Eric Garner. So many tears and cries of corruption because a coked up murder charge didn't stick. Is the system fucked or are they being dramatic?

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Rioting is what happens when peaceful solutions fail, and often those proposing peaceful solutions actively use the riots to say "This is why you need to work with me, because this is what happens if you keep refusing peaceful solutions."
    So the rioters are the bad cops?

Actually his hand was reaching for his waist area when he was shot. He previously had both hands up.