Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I'm sure they were rushing them last year and will continue to after November.

And did anyone ask them if that's the reason they want in? Or did they decide that for them?
    Why would they rush them, when the pace of applicants didn't justify it? The spike didn't happen in November, nor in 2020... It's happening now... Check the number of applicants now, compared to November...

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. I'm sure that's the reason. Fuck timing and lack of caring.
    Timing coincides with a spike in applicants, because they care about maintaining current pace of processing. The fact that they don't care that you think people need to wait longer for no god damn reason, is completley understandable.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why would they rush them, when the pace of applicants didn't justify it? The spike didn't happen in November, nor in 2020... It's happening now... Check the number of applicants now, compared to November...
    Because I'm sure those people wanted in before the Democrats pretended to give a fuck. But, hey. I'm sure the ones who sign up after November will get in at the same time. Historic highs mean they'll have to keep this up.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Timing coincides with a spike in applicants, because they care about maintaining current pace of processing. The fact that they don't care that you think people need to wait longer for no god damn reason, is completley understandable.
    Hmm. I seem to not have posted that they be forced to wait longer. Probably because you're full of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I'm sure those people wanted in before the Democrats pretended to give a fuck. But, hey. I'm sure the ones who sign up after November will get in at the same time. Historic highs mean they'll have to keep this up.
    Your problem now is that people care enouph about election to rush their citizenship to be able to vote? No shit...

What the hell are you trying to say with "they have to keep them high"? They are already 20000 higher than they were in Q2 of 2012, which was the previous high for this quarter in an election year.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. I seem to not have posted that they be forced to wait longer. Probably because you're full of shit.
    What happens to avarage timing, when volume is increased? This isn't rocket science, you shouldn't need this explained.
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-09-23 at 06:06 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Your problem now is that people care enouph about election to rush their citizenship to be able to vote? No shit...

- - - Updated - - -

What happens to avarage timing, when volume is increased? This isn't rocket science, you shouldn't need this explained.
    Volume didn't increase in one month. And an explicit goal to get them in for this election.

Political gain is the remaining choice to expedite. Funny how Obama Deported more than Bush but the Democrats have always been pro immigration, supposedly.

10+ Year Old Account
    For fucks sake, when I read X needs to be expedited, the first thing I do is check if there is volume to justify it. It is no different than you going to Costco, then choosing to not buy the 200 pound bag of dog food, because the volume your chihuahua eats doesn't justify it. You do this in your normal life all the time. What stopped you here?

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    You know damn well what I meant- without changing eligibility requirements, why would anybody object to more legal and eligible people voting?
    Nobody would; you're entirely changing the question.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Volume didn't increase in one month. And an explicit goal to get them in for this election.
    Doesn't? It did:

http://time.com/4357131/donald-trump...-applications/

You are making shit up to justify your bias.

Political gain is the remaining choice to expedite. Funny how Obama Deported more than Bush but the Democrats have always been pro immigration, supposedly.
    Yes, if you ignore the fact that they have been increasing all year and pretend they cannot increase in a month, sure... Then other reasons would need to be looked at... The problem for you, is that they did...

Doesn't? It did:

http://time.com/4357131/donald-trump...-applications/

You are making shit up to justify your bias.

Yes, if you ignore the fact that they have been increasing all year and pretend they cannot increase in a month, sure... Then other reasons would need to be looked at... The problem for you, is that they did...
    Oh wow. They mixed in "online searches". That's precious.

Again, if it's been increasing as you said, why only at the tail end and not any other stage of this term? Waiting till super late and then jamming them in time for November is some very self serving stuff here.

I'm sure they were rushing them last year and will continue to after November.

And did anyone ask them if that's the reason they want in? Or did they decide that for them?
    Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. Speculation isn't evidence just because its your speculation.

But no, this is clearly a sinister plot to by the democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. Speculation isn't evidence just because its your speculation.

But no, this is clearly a sinister plot to by the democrats.
    Sinister? No. Plot? Yes.

Get votes by expediting citizenship requests. Not that hard to parse.

Sinister? No. Plot? Yes.

Get votes by expediting citizenship requests. Not that hard to parse.
    Again, there's no evidence this is anything other than a pre election crunch. You're seeing scheming because it comports with your partisan leanings.

Again, there's no evidence this is anything other than a pre election crunch. You're seeing scheming because it comports with your partisan leanings.
    Yep. It is a pre-election crunch that will not be followed up on until next election.

It'd be scheming if Republicans did it. There. Is your partisan bias satisfied? Any group of politicians doing this is doing it for political points. But since the Democrats did it first, I get to laugh at them.

Find me a story of Republicans arguing to lower the voting age and I'll laugh at that as well to spare your feelings.

Yep. It is a pre-election crunch that will not be followed up on until next election.
    Takes some serious ego to confuse idle speculation on your part with actual evidence. You have no actual evidence for your allegations so you're evading.

Fuck, you don't even know if the relevant people are democrats.

Takes some serious ego to confuse idle speculation on your part with actual evidence. You have no actual evidence for your allegations so you're evading.

Fuck, you don't even know if the relevant people are democrats.
    And you and other idiots don't know if the people talking about it are Republican. But fuck if that word hasn't been used in spades here.

As for ego. Would you like the "pot kettle" or the "takes one"?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-09-23 at 12:59 PM.

And you and other idiots don't know if the people talking about it are Republican. But fuck if that word hasn't been used in spades here.
    Right, which is why I'm taking it at its entirely plausible word. I'm the one going with what we know, you're the one throwing in shit you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Nobody would; you're entirely changing the question.
    That's the question I was attempting to ask in the first place. I thought you understood that but apparently I was too broad.

So in this context: given that these people would be legal and eligible voters soon anyway, why would anybody have a problem with expediting the process?

Right, which is why I'm taking it at its entirely plausible word. I'm the one going with what we know, you're the one throwing in shit you believe.
    Except, no. By throwing Republican out, you are now a partisan hack. Congrats.

Except, no. By throwing Republican out, you are now a partisan hack. Congrats.
    You're still evading. You have no evidence for your assertion, only your desire for it to be so. Crunch time to allow as many would be citizens to take part in a major part of citizenship this year has the benefit of not requiring assumptions about secret motives.

That's the question I was attempting to ask in the first place. I thought you understood that but apparently I was too broad.

So in this context: given that these people would be legal and eligible voters soon anyway, why would anybody have a problem with expediting the process?
    Since these people would be legal and eligible voters soon anyway, why would anybody have a problem with lowering the voting age to 17?

No difference. Hilarious and blatant maneuver, no matter who does it.

- - - Updated - - -

You're still evading. You have no evidence for your assertion, only your desire for it to be so. Crunch time to allow as many would be citizens to take part in a major part of citizenship this year has the benefit of not requiring assumptions about secret motives.
    And your evidence that this is out of goodwill and not votes is...?

"Should people who are eligible to vote vote" and "Should more people be eligible to vote" are completely different questions.

People would have a problem with it because there are migrants who made their applications during periods which weren't 'crunch time'. Special exceptions should not be made for them just because they might miss out on an election. If they didn't want to miss out on the election, they should have made their applications earlier. If the system is too slow, then it should be made faster in its entirely, not just for three months.

Amnesty is the same problem; legal migrants should be pissed off at illegal migrants granted amnesty because they've been made fools. Similarly, this turns people who've made the mistake of not applying during an election year into fools, who need to otherwise wait on resident or other status.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.