10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

Applying the legendary quest line treatment to flying is a great idea. I wish they would do this.
    Or the 5.1 rep quest line. Or the TBC Champion of the Naaru line. The could have sent us all over the Broken Isles, getting objects that Khadgar would use to cast a spell that let us fly. There are tons of things that they could have done... instead it's a cheap, pathetic copout - Oh, get revered with 7 factions (or whatever) and then jump through this other hoop that has no connection to your inability to fly...

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Or the 5.1 rep quest line. Or the TBC Champion of the Naaru line. The could have sent us all over the Broken Isles, getting objects that Khadgar would use to cast a spell that let us fly. There are tons of things that they could have done... instead it's a cheap, pathetic copout - Oh, get revered with 7 factions (or whatever) and then jump through this other hoop that has no connection to your inability to fly...
    You need to be exalted for the Nightfallen.

It is not that players do not like flying but the opportunity cost is way too high. This is why when they messed with gearing with PVP by gating by ratings in WotLK S1 and S2 participation nose dived.

If participation nose dives for Legon patchfinder compared to WoD pathfinder it doesn't suddenly mean players don't care about flying. The opportunity costs are too harsh.

Blizzard is capable of re-examining harsh opportunity costs (eg Prestige changes for 7.1), so yes they can overturn the path they are heading with Legion patchfinder and flying if they choose to do so.

I can't believe this thread is still ongoing.

As for my input, I am fine with the current system, but perhaps they should have moved The Wardens off the required list, and Loremaster with the Nightfallen off the Loremaster list.

The Wardens take long. There's 6 factions to get rep with. Plus Kirin Tor. You get a 1500 rep chest, let's say once a week.
    If you completely avoid Warden quests (unlikely), and don't pick them from Kirin Tor rep, and don't miss any day, it would take about 3 months to get to Revered with them.
    This is well before the flying patch will be here. Still, it'll be behind the others which you got quest rep for.

Nightfallen can also take long, but getting the Loremaster achievement for it is complicated by having to do mythic dungeons and the raid, which has nothing to do with exploring the world by ground.

That said, it's no problem for me. I'll have all this done by next week, and was going to do all the perquisites anyway, even if it didn't reward flying. Which I absolutely love as a feature in the game.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    You missed the point where i said this stuff comes naturally just by playing the game. I'm not crying for a cookie like fly babies are.
    You missed the point where the fact that it comes naturally to you is so awesome you deserve a cookie. Also the fact that you don't cry for a cookie. That's like a double cookie.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Ok, so I suppose people have never heard of the business technique when you propose a total crazy idea which causes your partner to scream, then you lower it, so they think they won, but it's still awesome for you?
    Example:
    Devs: NO MORE FLYING, EVER! (Which is crazy, I have like 150 flying mounts, many of them from the shop, bought for cash money, wtf should I do with all those without flying, and they haven't stopped creating new ones, by the time they announced this, the Corrupted Dreadwing was in the ptr files as Glory of the Hellfire Citadel raider reward I believe, which then they swapped to the Wolf, as originally the wolf was the 150k apexis reward)
    Playerbase: OMG NO, RIOT, FILL ALL THE THREADS!
    - dramatic silence for a couple of day -
    Devs: Okay, how about a long long... long long long achievement then?
    Playerbase: ANYTHING, just don't take away flying!
    Playerbase thinks they won, and they are more content doing pathfinder part 1-2-3-4-5-6-7. Yeah...
    I mean I'm not rioting, I'm playing the game, sometimes I let some swears out when I have to do stuff in Highmountain, but I'm just patiently (at least for now) waiting for flying.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-09-23 at 06:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    There are players who said they would buy Legion, get the part 1 of the achieve done, and then unsub until the other parts are in.

And yes, there are players that will feel burned out, will get annoyed by the geography, players getting annoying due to the ever-increasing wait time in queues, etc.

Indeed. In fact, now there isn´t even a legendary Quest, is it? Replaced with a pure grind for Artifact Power?

By the way, I heard that there are no plans to continue the Class Hall Campaign for future patches. Is that true?
    Not in 7.1 there is no class campign. But i think they said more would come in future patches.
    In the QA that was last week or something.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Ok, so I suppose people have never heard of the business technique when you propose a total crazy idea which causes your partner to scream, then you lower it, so they think they won, but it's still awesome for you?
    That's why I always said that Patchfinder is no compromise as we get nothing from it and Blizzard gets everything they wanted.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's not (for me) that they're hard. it's that they have nothing to do with flying. There's ZERO relationship between reps and flight.

I'd be FAR less annoyed by them if they did 2 things:

1) Committed to flight in 7.1. Getting it after the content is done is just a fuck you to the players who want it.
    2) Created a long, fun, involving quest chain that gives us a reason for flight not working (easy - the fel intrusion has disrupted the blah blah and interferes with the magic that lets us summon mounts... ) and then has us run all over the world getting things that offset this. Make the chain span all of 7.0 and complete in 7.1

I'd LOVE that. But grinding reps because the team wants to delay flying and is too lazy to create a chain around it? Fuck. That. Shit.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to be joking. There was outcry and threads at every point you say there wasn't. You can have your own opinions. Not your own facts.
    I agree, this would be the best course of actions they could. But probably not:/

The outcry was only as big as you think when "the no flight ever" come to light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I can't believe this thread is still ongoing.

As for my input, I am fine with the current system, but perhaps they should have moved The Wardens off the required list, and Loremaster with the Nightfallen off the Loremaster list.

The Wardens take long. There's 6 factions to get rep with. Plus Kirin Tor. You get a 1500 rep chest, let's say once a week.
    If you completely avoid Warden quests (unlikely), and don't pick them from Kirin Tor rep, and don't miss any day, it would take about 3 months to get to Revered with them.
    This is well before the flying patch will be here. Still, it'll be behind the others which you got quest rep for.

Nightfallen can also take long, but getting the Loremaster achievement for it is complicated by having to do mythic dungeons and the raid, which has nothing to do with exploring the world by ground.

That said, it's no problem for me. I'll have all this done by next week, and was going to do all the perquisites anyway, even if it didn't reward flying. Which I absolutely love as a feature in the game.
    You need to be revarded with the kirin tor too?!

10+ Year Old Account
    All I want is a concise and clearly-worded statement from Blizzard along these lines:
    Originally Posted by Senior Developer
    Flight will be enabled on the Broken Isles in patch 7.x. Below is a summary of the complete set of requirements to unlock flight.
    Why is that so sodding hard?
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    All I want is a concise and clearly-worded statement from Blizzard along these lines:
    Flight will be enabled on the Broken Isles in patch 7.x. Below is a summary of the complete set of requirements to unlock flight.
    blizzard will never again give player a finishing line, they have not given it for class balance and they never do it for flying, atm the best we could expect is 7.2.

7.1 is kinda tricky do the kara attunement take part in Deadwind Pass and other old world zones? if so you can probably do it with flying like for example all the artifact quests who had took me in older zones be it Kalimdor, EK, Pandaria or Northrend had flying enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    blizzard will never again give player a finishing line, they have not given it for class balance and they never do it for flying, atm the best we could expect is 7.2.

7.1 is kinda tricky do the kara attunement take part in Deadwind Pass and other old world zones? if so you can probably do it with flying like for example all the artifact quests who had took me in older zones be it Kalimdor, EK, Pandaria or Northrend had flying enabled.
    Honestly I don't care if it's 7.2, 7.3 or 7.4. I just want to know what and when so I can set my expectations and subscription time accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I doubt it is hard. That doesn't mean they have to do it. Not least they could be sneaky (or call them bastards) and make you go back and do something out of 7.0 that would have done already if you knew all requirements beforehand and so they drag flying out even more.
    I agree with you that it's probably how they look at it, but the counterpoint is that it's actually a really stupid way to treat a playerbase burned by WoD. People like me don't stick around looking at something like flying at some nebulous point in the future as a carrot, we unsub for longer periods until we know it's worth our time and money to be able to knock out unlocks in a reasonable timeframe. Overall Blizzard are probably doing themselves a disservice.

It's not going to happen until Blizzard are near 100% sure that it's going to happen, likely we'll know either when or shortly before it hits the PTR. If they announce something now and later change their plans they'll have to deal with people crying over "broken promises" so they're being much less communicative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's not going to happen until Blizzard are near 100% sure that it's going to happen, likely we'll know either when or shortly before it hits the PTR. If they announce something now and later change their plans they'll have to deal with people crying over "broken promises" so they're being much less communicative.
    Honestly, I'm going to be fairly blunt here: They should fucking get sure. Sit down around the board-room table. Hash it out. Lock down a point in the patch cycle. Communicate it to players. It's not that hard.

I agree with you that it's probably how they look at it, but the counterpoint is that it's actually a really stupid way to treat a playerbase burned by WoD. People like me don't stick around looking at something like flying at some nebulous point in the future as a carrot, we unsub for longer periods until we know it's worth our time and money to be able to knock out unlocks in a reasonable timeframe. Overall Blizzard are probably doing themselves a disservice.
    Gown would you react if Blizzard said flight would.come at a certain date, but then after you'd subscribed and prepared for that date they announce it will be pushed back a couple of months whilst they finish a piece of content?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gown would you react if Blizzard said flight would.come at a certain date, but then after you'd subscribed and prepared for that date they announce it will be pushed back a couple of months whilst they finish a piece of content?
    I'd get everything done, know 100% that I'd jumped through every one of their arbitrary little hoops, then unsub and go play SWTOR for a couple months or something. No big deal. I just want to know that when I complete a set of unlock requirements I'm done. I don't mind waiting for the unlock further down the road as long as they don't move the goalposts.

Honestly, I'm going to be fairly blunt here: They should fucking get sure. Sit down around the board-room table. Hash it out. Lock down a point in the patch cycle. Communicate it to players. It's not that hard.
    You're joking right? This is Blizzard, they release stuff "when it's ready" and even then they get people complaining that they should've spent longer. If you want games produced to a deadline you need to check out EA's titles.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd get everything done, know 100% that I'd jumped through every one of their arbitrary little hoops, then unsub and go play SWTOR for a couple months or something. No big deal. I just want to know that when I complete a set of unlock requirements I'm done. I don't mind waiting for the unlock further down the road as long as they don't move the goalposts.
    Odds on the last set of hoops will come out in the patch that unlocks flight, possibly with a time-gate so people don't feel "forced" to rush the content. Best thing to do would be complete each phase of pathfinder as it is released and take breaks inbetween, or ignore the expansion until flight is knocked and do it all at once.

You're joking right? This is Blizzard, they release stuff "when it's ready" and even then they get people complaining that they should've spent longer. If you want games produced to a deadline you need to check out EA's titles.
    They don't need to say 2017 march 21, they should only tell in patch 7.2, 7.3 etc, that leaves them plenty of wiggle room. I doubt the dev team doesn't know how many patch is planned. This is a billion dollar company, not George, the 70 year old baker from across the street, who doesn't know if he will have chocolate muffin next week. Oo

Blizzard will never do this because players are too immature to handle the caveats the statement would come thing; Things like:

- timelines changing
    - things added at a later date (which werent known or accouneted for at the time)
    - things changed

Players like you are simply too immature to handle any statement made now, consisting of points which would be altered by any of the above scenarios. They are avoiding the 'outcry' from players like you saying rubbish like 'they added MORE' or 'they said 7.3 , and pushed it back to 7.4!!!!' - simply because things can/do/will change over the course of game development - which sounds obvious, but players cant understand it.

Odds on the last set of hoops will come out in the patch that unlocks flight, possibly with a time-gate so people don't feel "forced" to rush the content. Best thing to do would be complete each phase of pathfinder as it is released and take breaks inbetween, or ignore the expansion until flight is knocked and do it all at once.
    Given the current state of the game, and the unknown factors left in pathfinder, I'd highly suggest one of two courses:

Pick up the game, play the story content that's the, maybe hitting a little bit of LFR, then unsub until new content is released.

Or(this is the better of the two):

Just wait it out. By the time the final tasks are available there will be less grind due to artifact research catch-up, probably rep tokens for gold, and and the full story to knock out in one continuous go.

You might deal with a little bit of gating in the order Hall, and maybe some fragment farming in raids for the main epic story quests, but overall you'll get the expansion with less of a headache. Not to mention having a clear view of all the pathfinder requirements.

Alternatively, just don't buy it at all, but that's pretty hardcore