Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think the keys and torches are just talking about the pillars. There are six on the council and excluding one seems odd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    didnt sylvanas already die 3 times?
    1. By Arthas.
    2. Jumping off Icecrown.
    3. Shot by Godrey.

Yep

Deleted
    The tomb of Sargeras have in particular, 5 night elven statue's adorning the outside tower, each holding a tray in a gesture for tribute. These could be the slots for the keys. Now hear me out, that set of keys unlocks the final key, namely the tomb itself is a massive key constructed by Aegwynn. The question is the lock to keep us from entering what's beneath the tomb, or keep whatever is inside out?

Regardless opening the tomb will cause the third destruction of the world, And "she" namely Azeroth would have died 3 times. Hence something apocalyptic in nature would occur, 5 lights to show the old gods the way to the surface. The whole planet cracks in half, opening a massive rift on the backside.
    Last edited by mmoc35f68e9f3b; 2016-09-22 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirathiel View Post
    I don't think this refers to Sylvanas she already died three times (Arthas/Suicide/Godfrey)
    I think it refers to Jaina as she "died" when Theramore was nuked, and she died in warcrimes but red crane (forgot his name) resurrects her.
    Sylvanas-Elf died once. Then we are talking about new being, Sylvanas-Forsaken. She died twice so far.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Sylvanas-Elf died once. Then we are talking about new being, Sylvanas-Forsaken. She died twice so far.
    That seems kind of arbitrary. She's still the same person.

Since when we trust the baddy ?

Something that just struck me, someone might've already thought of this already, but:

That comment about the five keys to open our path and everything. That sounds like the five Pillar of Creation we'll be getting once Nighthold comes out.

Now, how about this:

What if someone steals the Pillars and uses those to unlock N'Zoth's prison completely?

Just a thought I had, and just as an extra something, I still think we might see a 6th Pillar due to there being an open spot in Dalaran for a 6th. Maybe the last one is used to keep the prison somewhat active and so we'll grab that as well while we smack N'Zoth in the face.

Anyway, that's my brief thoughts that just came to mind. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    what i dont get is, if the 5 pillars are the key, what's the 6th pillar slot in the chamber of the guardian?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    what i dont get is, if the 5 pillars are the key, what's the 6th pillar slot in the chamber of the guardian?
    My guess? Our artifact weapon, to be placed there at the end of expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylfaine View Post
    Since when we trust the baddy ?
    This.

People, read the tooltip of Xal'atath.
    "Xal'atath has a mind of its own. Ignore its maddening whispers. Do not trust the lies it spins. Take from it what you need, but always remember that the dark presence in the blade is not your ally.''

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I think the keys and torches are just talking about the pillars. There are six on the council and excluding one seems odd.

- - - Updated - - -

1. By Arthas.
    2. Jumping off Icecrown.
    3. Shot by Godrey.

Yep
    I think this quote is talking about "Azeroth".
    We had already 2 invasions from the burning legion, this is the third one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrigan-Ragnaros View Post
    I think this quote is talking about "Azeroth".
    We had already 2 invasions from the burning legion, this is the third one.
    That depends on if you count the sunwell incident or not, but even then correlating invasion with 'her third death' seems a bit odd to me.

Deleted
    The best way to mess with someone is to tell them the truth or half - truth.

Deleted
    As form the true creator line. All of Nzoths siblings are dead. He can take credit for thier work! His also a living shadow, he can lie.

it'll be intresting to see if they go down the closing the tomb unleashes Nzoth line, which this seems to hint, since they don't want to cheapen the Legion for the Old Gods now known to basically be small fry in a cosmic scale.

Idea, maybe Nzoth has consumed the souls/power of this fellow old gods? Pretty sure one old God minion says they can't truly die so maybe their esscense continues in the void?, but he would be bias. Ethier way taking creditor The crush of flesh might make sense if Nzoth is now a vessel for all the Old Gods. Might also give him a considerable power boost to make him scarier then the previous old gods
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2016-09-23 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    Someone summed it up well on the US forums do remember old god stuff and void lords are based on lovecraft.

"To all those saying we shouldn't trust an old god servant, it is a common trope in Lovecraftian horrors that they do not lie, but rather whisper maddening truths."

Deleted
    Alright. This will be reeeal long and while it's all speculation, I -do- think we're onto something. Let's bear in mind how Legion has been going so far and how well Blizzard's IP's have been doing in terms of secret-hunting. Overwatch and Sombra? The search for hidden Artifact Skins? People consume secrets and hunts for the truth right now, when it comes to Blizzard. It is entirely possible that there's a foreshadowing at play here for all those who really pay attention to the little details.

Let me start off with a quote from another post that somewhat correlates with this topic, The Emerald Nightmare aka Dream: Good or bad. Her (Ysera) fading in and out could also be symbolic, as in that she is trapped inbetween somehow. It is awkward that her soul is behaving that way right where the remnant of void energy is. And while this all might just be easter-eggs, they could still plan on doing a N'zoth content patch or expansion and this is a sort-of foreshadowing.

It all comes down to how the Emerald Nightmare works in the end. The Rift of Aln was basically the heart of the Emerald Nightmare's corruption, if I remember correctly and the location of the seed that Yogg-Saron planted to create the nightmare (in the Dream-version that is). This is Artwork from back in Cata, for said Rift of Aln: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bs2o2EOxyLg/hqdefault.jpg

Look at that and then go pack a few and look at the screenshot of the purified zone after the Raid is done - specifically, the purified Dragons of Nightmare screenshot. Looks familiar, no?

Also, the Shadow Priest Artifact literally speaking to the priest when you find the remnant of void-energy and warning us about N'zoth could just be that: A key-hint.

It's totally possible that the void energy used by Yogg-Saron to plant the seed and create and maintain the Nightmare, must've been vast. It's also possible that - if cleansed - the void energy used to maintain the Nightmare, might just go back to Yogg-Saron. And that's the problem, Yogg-saron, as far as we know, is DEAD dead. So if the energy would just go back to him, but he's dead, it'd probably be just left there for whoever else might be able to grab it. How convenient that Azshara and the Nightmare show up just as N'zoth's prison is weakening (thus probably increasing the level of influence he can have on the physical world of Azeroth) and the Legion is trying to invade in full force again.

Think about who N'zoth is. He's, as was hinted by Xal'atah, the weakest of the 4 known Old Gods (in terms of power) - but extremely smart. Yogg-Saron was basically chaos incarnate, he was more or less the madman of the four. Y'shaarj and C'thun seemed more focused on ruling over their subjects openly and trying to cause chaos through them just to get free.

N'zoth however, the weak tactician of the three, was mostly lying there dormant, only ever showing his hand when there was a truly realistic chance of breaking out of the prison (The Cataclysm). I doubt Azshara and Xavius (representing the influence of the Nightmare), despite having links to the Legion from back in WotA would just come out of hiding to deliberately help the Legion, unless they were told to by N'zoth. Think of it as a tactical distraction. The Legion is enough of a problem for us as it is (lorewise at least). N'zoth probably also knows about the Pillars of Creation, so he sent Azshara to deal with the Tidestone, without which we would not be able to properly close the Legion portal in the Tomb of Sargeras. To add further distraction, he might've commanded Xavius to ally himself with the Legion and spread the Nightmare, so if we wanted to deal with the Legion, we would first have to stop the Nightmare from spreading. But if cleansing the Nightmare meant that the void energy that kept it going was to be released and ripe for the taking, it would be a tactical crushing defeat for us, as even if we cleansed the nightmare, N'zoth would gain vast power from us doing so.

A perfect tactical move: either way, we would be at a tactical loss, while N'zoth gains if but one more tool to further break out of his prison and increase the level of influence he has - the one and only thing that makes him a considerable threat.
    Let's go down the list of things:

- Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.

In my oppinion? Azeroth is being referred to here. Either way, something probably will happen to her - why would Anduin be sitting in a throne room of the Exodar. We could have portal systems by then. He could just as easily be giving the end-all command from Stormwind and venture into the cosmos from there. IMO? By the time we see old Anduin in the Comic, Azeroth is gone for good. It's entirely possible right now, that Azeroth has already been corrupted by N'zoth and/or his minions while his prison weakens further and his power potentially grows.

- The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.

As stated above, N'zoth has been made out to be the smartass of the 4 known Old Gods on Azeroth. What he lacked in power, he made up in wits. He thinks extremely tactical. To people who think that way, the world is often a Chess-Board. You need pawns in order to enable your more important moves - you use them to a greater end. It's entirely possible that with the maybe-corruption of Azeroth's World Soul, N'zoth is now toying with Magni in order to..

- The lord of ravens will turn the key.

...Turn the attention of somebody towards the pillars of creation. Khadgar, is my most likely bet.
    However, Odyn has been there when the titanforged fought the Elemental Lords and Old Gods. Looking at his temper and the possible freedom for him and his Valarjar army in 7.1, it's also possible that he is the one making the big mistake of releasing N'zoth in an attempt to rid Azeroth of him before he can do further damage.
    (I personally like the Khadgar theory more though. He has poured so much of his heart and soul into protecting Azeroth thus far, it would be the most crushing defeat and lead-in to N'zoth content, if Khadgar is the one closing the Portal in the Tomb and accidentally releasing an equal threat onto the world, that is much harder to permanently get rid of).

- Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.

The Pillars of Creation most likely.

- To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars.

N'zoth has been theorized to be somewhere near Nazjatar, not far from the Maelstrom. Guess which Maelstrom on Azeroth looks like a literal ring of stars if gazed at from Deepholm's PoV, incidentally a place where the last corrupted pawn of the Old Gods (that N'zoth had a hand in controlling) that was released on us has been hiding for years and the same place where Shaman's doing their Order Hall found out that the Twilight Flight still exists and is very much NOT extinct. To get to him.. well. We might literally have to dive beneath the ocean at the Maelstrom.

I don't have a single clue about the other two hints. One of them, namely the one that refers to a "she" dying a third time, had me thinking of Helya for a moment. But ultimately, that's a far stretch. She died once, when Odyn betrayed her and turned her into a Val'kyr against her will. Another time could be seen as a "metaphorical" death when she interacted with Loken, who was in league with the Old Gods and her "death" as a Val'kyr, to ascend to something greater. Remember - She was titanforged and then became a Val'kyr, which - if Eyir is any indication - shouldn't have changed her into anything other than a titanforged being. Yet, Helya as we see her in Legion, does not look titanforged at all. She very much looks afflicted by the curse of flesh - and the tentacles. The only thing that threw me off that lead, was the Kvaldir attacking the Naga in Vashj'ir, but maybe that's just something blizzard oversaw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    I don't think the Magni bit is him being a pawn of the Old Gods. He is a pawn of Azeroth, after all, and maybe it's said with despise ("omg your a pawn of a shitty ass titan who can't even get properly corrrupted by our Lords, frigging gurl").
    Yeah. You gotta remember, the Old Gods and their minions lie and decieve. They may say things that sound like aid or revelation to us, but are meant to deceive and confuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Illidan? I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    i might be completely fucking bonkers here but hear me out anyway alright

diamond king is already a pawn, obviously Magni, but he hears the voices of Azeroth right? which is a titan baby.. And totally not N'zoth... Azeroth.. N'Zoth..
    also drown yourself in the circle of stars is obviously the Nightwell, the Nightfallen are getting hyped up on old god juices, N'zoth's prison is likely underneath it

Lord of Raven and the Woman with the crater hearth is Genn and Sylvanas since this expansion seem to want to give those two more spotlight

anyways, my 2 cents.. *tinfoilhat*

10+ Year Old Account
    I always assumed it would be the Eye of Dalaran.

There are so many artifacts out there (Blank Scroll, Divine Bell, etc), I'm surprised they didn't bring them back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I always assumed it would be the Eye of Dalaran.

There are so many artifacts out there (Blank Scroll, Divine Bell, etc), I'm surprised they didn't bring them back.
    Isin't divine bell was destroyed in MoP?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Isin't divine bell was destroyed in MoP?
    yes it was.

Formerly known as Arafal