Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Windburst. Buff / Hotfix?

So Windburst appears to hit a lot more now. I remember hearing that it did not scale with Mastery. So seems it either does now, or a general buff to it.

Anyone else noticing hitting a lot more with it now?

Deleted
    Just tried it on the dummies, cast it once and crit for 732k. So yeah, pretty sure it's a lot stronger now.

I noticed this as well. I had my trinket proc during a world quest and the ability did a 932k crit. I was like... "they definitely buffed it... I don't remember it hitting so hard"

10+ Year Old Account
    when did this change happen?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Kidoeng7 View Post
    when did this change happen?
    Apparently some time today. I do not see any official response at the moment in regards to the change, but it definitely happened earlier today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Apparently some time today. I do not see any official response at the moment in regards to the change, but it definitely happened earlier today.
    the reason why i asked is that i was going through my logs from last night raid and my windburst crit was maxed at 350k and non crit around 180k.
    Hopefully this will help me a bit more to get closer to those damm rogues and dh :P
    Retired

Deleted
    Hopefully this will help me a bit more to get closer to those damm rogues and dh :P
    A bit closer? We just did 5/7 EM last night and as MM I was 10% higher on than the second DPS on every single boss. MM doesn't need any buffs right now and it'll likely see a nerf

Hmm Windburst now does almost the same damage as Barrage (on single target), but it has half the cast time and costs 1/3 the focus; it also applies the Vulnerable debuff. I wonder if Windburst takes a higher priority than Barrage now (on single target). I did some testing and found that using them on cooldown meant that Barrage would always be available after using Windburst, which meant that I would waste half of the vulnerable debuff using Barrage. If I used Windburst after Barrage, it would mean 'delaying' using Windburst for 3 seconds every time they both popped at once, which would mean less Windburst casts throughout.

I did a sim of my character on Simulationcraft and the Windburst damage in the simulation is much less than what I do ingame (the minimum ingame damage I did was around 300k unbuffed, whereas Simulationcraft says my minimum should have been 180k buffed), which is strange considering that Simulationcraft apparently already included mastery in the Windburst damage.

Yes, because Marksman was the spec that needed buffs...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baggiez View Post
    A bit closer? We just did 5/7 EM last night and as MM I was 10% higher on than the second DPS on every single boss. MM doesn't need any buffs right now and it'll likely see a nerf
    please provide me your run logs in order to see either what am i doing wrong or what are doing wrong the other dps in ur raid
    Every log that i checked rarely sees a hunter top dps beside Il'gynoth
    Retired

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    It's not a buff, its a fix to a broken ability... finally working correctly and it's a bit more rewarding to use it as often as possible.

Deleted
    Not a buff. It was just broken. It's meant to be a hard hitting ability, before the change it was literally just used to add Vulnerability to the target.. awesome artifact power right? :/

Well until recently we had an artifact skill that was filler at best, and an artifact hidden ability whose only purpose was to give use letters from the Postmaster.

Deleted
    please provide me your run logs in order to see either what am i doing wrong or what are doing wrong the other dps in ur raid
    Every log that i checked rarely sees a hunter top dps beside Il'gynoth
    I'm at work right now so don't have access to recount - maybe a dumb question but is there anywhere online that would keep the logs of my raid last night (maybe a common program that uploads to a site that people use?)

Quote Originally Posted by baggiez View Post
    I'm at work right now so don't have access to recount - maybe a dumb question but is there anywhere online that would keep the logs of my raid last night (maybe a common program that uploads to a site that people use?)
    Warcraft Logs if you're signed up for it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

15+ Year Old Account
    Did 5/7 EN last night with a pug, and what damage meter data I have left(plus some world mobs today) it looks like my average non-crit WB was 323k and crit average was 688k with my max being a 975k on my last Cenarius attempt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Hmm Windburst now does almost the same damage as Barrage (on single target), but it has half the cast time and costs 1/3 the focus; it also applies the Vulnerable debuff. I wonder if Windburst takes a higher priority than Barrage now (on single target). I did some testing and found that using them on cooldown meant that Barrage would always be available after using Windburst, which meant that I would waste half of the vulnerable debuff using Barrage. If I used Windburst after Barrage, it would mean 'delaying' using Windburst for 3 seconds every time they both popped at once, which would mean less Windburst casts throughout.

I did a sim of my character on Simulationcraft and the Windburst damage in the simulation is much less than what I do ingame (the minimum ingame damage I did was around 300k unbuffed, whereas Simulationcraft says my minimum should have been 180k buffed), which is strange considering that Simulationcraft apparently already included mastery in the Windburst damage.
    Barrage still outperforms Windburst on average. You'd have to have virtually 0% crit rate with Barrage and crit with your Windburst in order for Windburst to outdamage it. So keep your regular priorities

Quote Originally Posted by Aedirt View Post
    Barrage still outperforms Windburst on average. You'd have to have virtually 0% crit rate with Barrage and crit with your Windburst in order for Windburst to outdamage it. So keep your regular priorities
    Did you consider the focus cost and cast time? Barrage takes 3 seconds to cast and uses 60 focus. Windburst takes 1.5 seconds to cast and uses 20 focus. You are definitely going to lose 1 Aimed Shot in Vulnerable if you use Barrage, whereas if you use Windburst your Vulnerable window will be extended by 6 seconds and you get 40 extra focus (compared to Barrage), which is almost enough to cast an extra Aimed Shot. In other words, using Windburst over Barrage means you'll have more Aimed Shot damage. This is the reason why Murder of Crows beats Barrage for BM hunters on single target, even though Barrage will do more damage throughout a fight (Barrage reduces the damage of the other abilities).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Did you consider the focus cost and cast time? Barrage takes 3 seconds to cast and uses 60 focus. Windburst takes 1.5 seconds to cast and uses 20 focus. You are definitely going to lose 1 Aimed Shot in Vulnerable if you use Barrage, whereas if you use Windburst your Vulnerable window will be extended by 6 seconds and you get 40 extra focus (compared to Barrage), which is almost enough to cast an extra Aimed Shot. In other words, using Windburst over Barrage means you'll have more Aimed Shot damage. This is the reason why Murder of Crows beats Barrage for BM hunters on single target, even though Barrage will do more damage throughout a fight (Barrage reduces the damage of the other abilities).
    You regen part of the focus spent while casting Barrage, and as far as I am concerned you can weave Barrage quite nicely into your rotation if you time it well with marked shot. Casting WB on cooldown could be worth it but I think for now it's better to use it as a panic button. You should also never forget that Barrage is excellent to use whenever you need to move (like on Nythendra when you periodically have to switch position), whereas Windburst doesn't quite offer that type of benefit.

It's interesting though indeed. I'm open to the idea of dropping Barrage in favour of something like MoC on single target fights if it means that we can use Windburst more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedirt View Post
    You regen part of the focus spent while casting Barrage, and as far as I am concerned you can weave Barrage quite nicely into your rotation if you time it well with marked shot. Casting WB on cooldown could be worth it but I think for now it's better to use it as a panic button. You should also never forget that Barrage is excellent to use whenever you need to move (like on Nythendra when you periodically have to switch position), whereas Windburst doesn't quite offer that type of benefit.

It's interesting though indeed. I'm open to the idea of dropping Barrage in favour of something like MoC on single target fights if it means that we can use Windburst more efficiently.
    I personally use WB when I run out of sidewinders charges/have nothing else to do, if I have extra focus it gives a nice vulnerable window so I can dump some aimed shots. Should I use it more often? IcyVeins seems to suggest on CD.