Low fps pls help!

Hi guys im running 2 x gtx 970 in sli mode, and when i max out the graphics options and advance graphics options the fps drops to some 25 or bellow... Is this normal?

WoW is an CPU intensive game, it doesn't care about your GPU's, your CPU is most likely shit, else reinstall drivers and the game.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

I get FPS drops in Suramar despite being a pretty stable 55-70 almost everywhere else. I just assumed it was because they threw so much stuff in that zone to make it look as good as it does.

Need more info then that
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    WoW is an CPU intensive game, it doesn't care about your GPU's, your CPU is most likely shit, else reinstall drivers and the game.
    His CPU does not need to be shit. Wow is running on a shitty engine.

I have a single GTX 970 and have the game over-Ultra through Inspector and in-game console commands, but Suramar just brings everyone to half FPS for no reason. People with PCs worth $1000+ more than mine have the same issue there.

My GPU and CPU (i5-4690k) are both stock and running on a MSI Z97 Gaming 5. WoW and my OS are on separate Samsung EVO SSDs. Everything runs like a dream otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    GPU does help quite a bit with WoW since MOP.
    Though SLI doesn't help much with this game and they did increase the hardware demand by quite a bit with Legion for maxed out settings. @Gaboar what CPU do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    GPU does help quite a bit with WoW since MOP.
    Though SLI doesn't help much with this game and they did increase the hardware demand by quite a bit with Legion for maxed out settings. @Gaboar what CPU do you have?
    4770K with GTX 760, never going under 50 FPS unless at the auction house, I know GPU does matter, I'm not a braindead zombie, but with SLI it's not the GPU's that are causing the problem, its the CPU, game and or Drivers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    His CPU does not need to be shit. Wow is running on a shitty engine.
    It's an old engine, but it's not a shitty one, it just LOVES CPU cores, the more cores the better for you. But you'd be amazed at the people that go spent 2 grand on GPU's and then 150 bucks on a CPU, but I refer to my post above this.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

I love how retards in mmo champ assume you have a shit cpu when you have 2 970s. Sort of like the moron a while back assuming i had a shit cpu even though i have 1080...

OT, a lot of people are having fps issues. Nothing we can do until either blizzard or the gpu manufacturers figure it out. I was getting just 50ish fps in org today, and rarely go above 40 in suramar.

Infracted - Mythbredor
    Last edited by Mythbredor; 2016-09-23 at 07:48 AM.

The rig in my sig.. mate.. even that can't do it.
    I get dipped to 25/30 fps if I choose the last setting of SMAA+ whatever on ultra.

Also I keep getting 20 fps dips on spells from places like Neltharion's Lair dungeon on the green goey stuff they pop on the ground.

WoW needs waaay more optimizing..
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Odd, I don't have any fps dipps. Stays on 120 at all times.
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

Deleted
    Suruma just sucks tbh. WoW and SLI also sucks so try running with one card and if you can OC your CPU as wow does most of it's work there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Guruftw View Post
    Odd, I don't have any fps dipps. Stays on 120 at all times.
    You're either lying or just don't look at your FPS while moving around in Suruma. My setup is near on identical to yours except i use a Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" G-SYNC 144Hz and i drop down to around 40fps in Suruma and normally sit 100+ everywhere else.

It's an old engine, but it's not a shitty one, it just LOVES CPU cores, the more cores the better for you.
    It's actually the opposite. There's no significant scaling past ~3 cores with the majority of the load being on one single core. It loves fast cores, but going from 4 to 10 on the same CPU arch and clock speed won't do anything for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaboar View Post
    Hi guys im running 2 x gtx 970 in sli mode, and when i max out the graphics options and advance graphics options the fps drops to some 25 or bellow... Is this normal?
    Can you get us the rest of your system specs please? But one thing I would try is disabling all your addons ad see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Suruma just sucks tbh. WoW and SLI also sucks so try running with one card and if you can OC your CPU as wow does most of it's work there.

- - - Updated - - -

You're either lying or just don't look at your FPS while moving around in Suruma. My setup is near on identical to yours except i use a Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" G-SYNC 144Hz and i drop down to around 40fps in Suruma and normally sit 100+ everywhere else.
    Not lying mate.

Deleted
    Not lying mate.
    Care to upload a video with FPS counter on of you running around suruma on Ultra settings? Because if you're not lying then there's something massively wrong with everyone else's PC.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not lying mate.
    Yea if I had a dollar for every time someone made those claims. Years later and not a single person has been able to prove it. I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    I love how retards in mmo champ assume you have a shit cpu when you have 2 970s. Sort of like the moron a while back assuming i had a shit cpu even though i have 1080...

OT, a lot of people are having fps issues. Nothing we can do until either blizzard or the gpu manufacturers figure it out. I was getting just 50ish fps in org today, and rarely go above 40 in suramar.

Infracted - Mythbredor
    If only you were a tiny bit educated on the matter you would have been able to give an intelligent response. Not necessarily a shit CPU, but a shit CPU for WoW. And by that they mostly mean AMD, but any processor that's either extremely outdated or low single threaded performance fits the profile.

It's not like Blizzard suddenly started having fps issues and it certainly isn't up to GPU manufacturers to "figure it out". It's been this way forever. The only reason why Org didn't have low fps in lets say..Mists...was because it was empty. The fps dips come from CPU performance. The game NEEDs single threaded performance and it doesn't take full advantage of even quad core CPUs. Raid performance in Heroic (now Mythics) has always been this low as well as major cities and other crouded areas.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    You're either lying or just don't look at your FPS while moving around in Suruma.
    Or his settings are turned down.

The OPs question was answered already. And do to the fact the thread is getting derailed I am now closing it.