Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Sidenote, do we have to call everything cancer these days? It is actually a serious, life threatening disease - rather than some little issue in a computer game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so that is what is going on. I wasn't paying attention. My guild was doing runs, however we needed a 5th and ever so often our 5th dps would always beg for the items we got and we'd decline, then they'd be like well they aren't upgrades for ya help me out. We just funneled them to our enchanter so he could watch them get sharded. Dick move? Maybe. But we carried a person in mythic dungeons, they can get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Sidenote, do we have to call everything cancer these days? It is actually a serious, life threatening disease - rather than some little issue in a computer game.
    "A cancer" does not necessarily mean "A cancerous disease."

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Technically Personal Loot is the cancer, this is just a horrible symptom of it.
    Because this exact thing never happened with Group Loot, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Starting this week I've seen some people on mythics using an addon that notifies on party chat if people can trade the loot or not. I got a random 850 trinket wich was pretty good for my offspec, then people started bitching on me because the addon told them that the trinket wasn't an upgrade and I didn't want to trade it, then they kicked me from the group. I seriously don't understand why shit like this exists.
    No addon is to blame for the toxic attitude of pugs. As people have been saying for years now, if you want to avoid those problems, stay out of pugs. Or at least run them yourself since you'll retain control over who gets kicked. Those same people can simply look at the loot that drops and still complain about you not wanting to trade it, no addon required.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Because this exact thing never happened with Group Loot, yeah?
    As everyone who ever ran LFR in Cata remembers ... OMG.

There was this one time I was in a group that had 10-15 guildies in it and they were absolutely positively determined to need everything and generally run the show. The rest of us were simply to increase the number and variety of items they could Need and as always anyone who whined got kicked.

I got tired of that pretty quickly, and as we hopped onto the airship and they began their silent "LFRHeroLootCouncil4Us" in their /g, I wandered over to the NPC and started the encounter. Immediately there was a hugely gratifying burst of outrage and profanity, and I dropped the group.

That said I would always offer an unneeded piece of loot to others in the group. But I don't think people should ask for it, or even know that I have a piece of loot that I don't "need."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that indeed sounds cancerous, thankfully I'm usually the group leader, I'll fucking boot the a-hole who demands such bullshit & in worse case reform if I have to.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Technically Personal Loot is the cancer, this is just a horrible symptom of it.
    Not at all, thanks to personal loot I can heal on my offspec while prioritising loot for my dps mainspec.

Peer pressure should be ignored. If you have even a marginal use for the thing you got and none of your group mates are anyone you care about, keep the goods to yourself. If they kick you, they are the assholes. You can be diplomatic to avoid this, but personally I don't feel like doing people like that any favors.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    lol call me a dick if u want

but i got an 850 item in M, when I had an 850, but this new one had crit and the old one didnt (im a fmage) so i kept it, the group got pissy and kicked me

worth
    Of course it was worth, you're the one to decide if the stats are better for your character. Tell your group that it's got better stats and call it a day.
    If they kick you, they are the dicks. If the item was not actually better for you, then you are the dick.

What's so complicated about that?

Usually I just screenshot the chat if I get kicked on those reasons, not my fault when they can't log in again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    It's useful for guild groups. Seeing as guildies would be helping get each other geared up.
    You really need a spamming add-on to coordinate with your guildmates and optimize your raid gear ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The addon is fine, the problem is jerky people. I would use it myself to offer an item to other players, or to politely ask them if they minded giving me a main-spec upgrade.
    The problem is (as I understand it) : the add-on doesn't tell you if your loot would fit to another party member.
    It tells the others that you don't seem to need your loot.

The add-on doesn't encourage you on sharing and giving (and having, and receiving #Friends), it encourages others on begging and spying on the group loots for any opportunities of asking a trade.

Really not the same set of mind, indeed.

Basically alot of people have no fucking clue what their stat prio is for the class they are playing. Maybe Blizzard need to highlight wich stats is the most usefull. A lvl 840 item with lets say haste/crit for a spriest is fucking better than a 845 piece with Mastery/Vers, but people dont understand that and look blindly on the ilvl. But i actually thought is was against the rules to kick someone because of loot since the loot is personal, but i guess not. Since Blizzard rarely ban anyone for ninja looting even tho you got screens and shit of them ninja looting, the message you get from Blizzard 'You should run raids/dungeons with people u can trust' such bullshit when you pug something, how are u supposed to know if u can trust the guy or not lol ..

As with anything concerning pugs or playing with people you dont know: friendliness goes a LONG way.
    If you dont need an item for your MS then ask if anyone wants it, if not then it'll go to your own offspec, I've yet to meet any greedy people in Legion 5 mans- I rarely pug though.

If you give someone an item chances are they (or someone else) will return the favor.
    Just like cancerous behavior spreads so does good behavior- what goes around comes around.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Don't run LFG/R unless you're willing to be kicked for no reason at all.
    It's just a rule of life I learned back in Cata.
    I don't think I have been kicked from any LFG/R so far, despite extensively using those. So there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Highjinks View Post
    personal loot helper - mods.curse.com/addons/wow/personal-loot-helper

i have found/find it useful when first hitting 110. I can see how it would get annoying when pugging mythics.
    That being said - as with all things that require interacting with "other people" - your mileage may vary.
    thank you ! a lot very valuable addon for high level mythic + - you want to be part of good group no loot whoring to yourself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    As with anything concerning pugs or playing with people you dont know: friendliness goes a LONG way.
    If you dont need an item for your MS then ask if anyone wants it, if not then it'll go to your own offspec, I've yet to meet any greedy people in Legion 5 mans- I rarely pug though.

If you give someone an item chances are they (or someone else) will return the favor.
    Just like cancerous behavior spreads so does good behavior- what goes around comes around.
    Complete strangers' MS before your own specs with PERSONAL loot ?
    Wtf ?!
    Your loot, your choices. Other people don't have to decide for you how to habdle the items you won in the game.
    That's completely absurd.

And it has nothing to do with being nice or not in the group. You always can nicely decline trades because of actual features of the game (offspec, disanchant, ...)

Deleted
    Don't be nice in a group either. The other day, ran a random hc. Completely overgearing it, of course. Some plate legs dropped and I didn't need them. Inspected the other dk and saw it's an upgrade for him, so I traded it. What do I read next? [thatdk] receives item: leylight shard

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex View Post
    Basically alot of people have no fucking clue what their stat prio is for the class they are playing. Maybe Blizzard need to highlight wich stats is the most usefull. A lvl 840 item with lets say haste/crit for a spriest is fucking better than a 845 piece with Mastery/Vers, but people dont understand that and look blindly on the ilvl. But i actually thought is was against the rules to kick someone because of loot since the loot is personal, but i guess not. Since Blizzard rarely ban anyone for ninja looting even tho you got screens and shit of them ninja looting, the message you get from Blizzard 'You should run raids/dungeons with people u can trust' such bullshit when you pug something, how are u supposed to know if u can trust the guy or not lol ..
    How to find reliable and trustworthy people for 5 mans.
    1. Join pugs in the group finder tool, not LFG.
    2. Be friendly, don't afk and behave.
    3. Communicate, if you are unsure about an encounter or you got tips for them- LET THE GROUP KNOW.
    4. If you find someone you enjoyed playing with- ask if they want to be friendslist/battle.net friends for future dungeon runs.
    5. Repeat this until you no longer need to find pugs but rather join people you've played with before.

Example.
    I'm a warrior (Arms/Prot) and finding groups is easy. Finding decent groups is worse.
    Day one of Mythic + I joined a battle.net guy looking for a DPS to do Mythic +5 Eye of Azshara. Cleared it, not using my own keystone.
    This was someone on my battle.net list I maybe have done 3 dungeons with. I knew he was decent, he knew I was decent. Match made.

If the community is a problem then you should attempt to make it better or get out of it, battle.net friends or guilds are amazing for this.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Just tell them you need the item. It's worth gold after all. If they can't handle that, thell them to fuck off.
    It's personal loot. It's yours. You can do whatever you want with it.

The best thing to do, as always is to never run dungeons with pugs.