Thread: Fury PvP

Fury PvP

Yes I know it's shitty because of enrage 20% dmg taken (using the talent as any sane man would. Don't know if I should talk about sanity playing fury PvP...or contemplating it)

Disregard that, I'm playing Warlock atm but I want to play Warrior, yet I do not have one leveled 110. So my question is this, despite their dmg taken increase, how would you think they'd fare? Damage wise, mobility wise? Do they have burst? I want to hear all your constructive thoughts about fury warrior PvP, as long as you disregard the 20% dmg taken.

I don't want to play arms, and I don't want to play Warlock because Demonology is so derpy now. Therefore I'm thinking Fury, sure it's the biggest underdog of all specs probably...but in some perfect theorycraft they should be able to do anything...right?...I hope? Tell me your thoughts
    I did it
    I didn't do it
    FAKE NEWS
    What was the question?

There's not a single fury warr above 1500 right now. Think about that. I guess you could be the first.

I can unequivocally tell you bar none they are the worst spec in PvP right now. Ele, destro, afflic, arcane mage, etc... are all more viable than Fury. You are taking 30% more damage from people in a burst metagame. So if two dps pop their CD's and go in on you they are BOTH dishing out 60% more damage on you and your healer is just going to commit mana suicide if you manage to live 2s into an enrage.

Honestly, the damage taken CAN be avoided with a different talent setup that I am running at the moment. The main issue is their lack of survivability cooldowns compared to other classes. For example: A havoc demon hunter can out heal and out damage a fury warrior whilst providing the same utility as them. Fury warrior does have more on demand mobility however in PVP.

Damage is fine should defense and/or healing be addressed. Fingers crossed Blizzard is working on a solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    There's not a single fury warr above 1500 right now. Think about that. I guess you could be the first.

I can unequivocally tell you bar none they are the worst spec in PvP right now. Ele, destro, afflic, arcane mage, etc... are all more viable than Fury. You are taking 30% more damage from people in a burst metagame. So if two dps pop their CD's and go in on you they are BOTH dishing out 60% more damage on you and your healer is just going to commit mana suicide if you manage to live 2s into an enrage.
    I agree, but there is ways to work around this. ie. Don't counter burst when your opponent is bursting you and rather use your mobility and defensive cooldowns. Force their trinket with your fear or low CD stuns and then set up bursting them when they've finished their assault. Fury requires you to heavily outplay your opponent which requires extensive knowledge of other classes capabilities. The fact that we can Heroic Leap 3x in a row allows us to get far away when we see our opponent trying to burst.

Also, you can running a spec that isn't as reliant on enrage as PvE is. Again, it's not ideal but it's a start.

I am running a Draenei specifically for the heal, although I wish racials were disabled in PVP so I can go Worgen again. If we have a strong defense and/or healing to counter the enrage then we should be fine and quite fun to play!

A skilled Warrior could probably make it work, but yeah you will be given a run for your money.

Your only defensive cooldown is piss weak, and you need to not get kited in order to get the most out of it. You have no way to counter the Demon Hunters currently dominating the meta, in fact you're more vulnerable to them than any other class. Sustained damage is not that great, but Fury definitely has burst damage. They also have more mobility than Arms if you take certain talents, pretty sure Fury has 2 Charges and 2 Heroic Leaps at most.
    Last edited by Lightbull; 2016-09-23 at 03:11 AM.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Fury warriors lost their mortal strike effect, take more damage, mediocre self healing, mediocre damage...garbage spec

Quote Originally Posted by brutallord View Post
    Fury warriors lost their mortal strike effect, take more damage, mediocre self healing, mediocre damage...garbage spec
    ^

It truly is, the only advantage over arms is the increased mobility from the honor talents. That doesn't matter when your damage output and survivability (the latter significantly so) are worse, and you don't have an MS to boot.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-09-23 at 05:01 AM.

I don't know about competitive play, but from the few PvP i've done it didn't seem so bad.

I believe that ability priority sequence changes while in PvP. Raging Blow talented with Inner Rage should have priority over Bloodthirst. Ditch Wild Strike and use Whirldwind as a filler. When you get Enrage you probably want to cancel it after using Raging Blow. Your mobility is great against mobile ranged class, and you can also ''kite'' some melee class by using Whirlwind outside their melee range. Furious Charge heals you for alot too.

I guess it might fall off in higher plays, but for BGs and world PvP i've had a blast. Maybe with perfect micro-management of the entage mechanic it would be even better, but that's way out of my league.

Deleted
    Fury might be bad in pvp.
    But atleast it wont get nerfed into uselessness everywhere except in 3v3 like Arms will soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Fury might be bad in pvp.
    But atleast it wont get nerfed into uselessness everywhere except in 3v3 like Arms will soon enough.
    Eh, arms has been the most popular pvp spec in the game since MoP. The majority of people who participate in arena play arms, and since MoP, arms has been good in every single season except maybe 1. It'll get nerfed, but I doubt it will be crippling. Probably just an echo slam nerf and -10-15% strength.

Fury is the worst competitive pvp spec in the game. Nothing else compares with the horridness because nothing else takes 30% extra damage in a pvp environment in order to dish out subpar damage. Arms won't get nerfed anywhere near that garbage (it would take removing MS debuff, lowering damage by 30%, removing defensive stance, and then cutting their armor in half).

There is still a chance Fury gets buffed though, but Blizz always seems content when arms is good and can't be bothered to bring Fury up. If arms is good, then all is fine with warr pvp. If fury also happens to be OK, then so be it. They've never gone out of their way to make it great in pvp though. Not holding my breath, but maybe this is the expac heh. It's a damn shame because Fury's honor talents are interesting and have so much potential, but the spec just can't even be properly evaluated on a competitive level until it's not broken.

Again, just wanna put it out there again. There are ZERO... ZERO fury warriors past 1500 arena rating right now. Zero on the wow armory arena ladder.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-09-23 at 08:45 AM.

Deleted
    I've tried both out and Arms is so much better than Fury, even when I only had 5 artifact levels vs 15. I really struggled to win even skirmishes as Fury. The sustain of Fury is not enough as you'll most likely die in under 20 seconds unless you spend the fight running around. Although this might improve if I tried with a premade healer and take the additional 10% hp talent. I'm also running Draenai. The commanding shout + healing racial combo is pretty strong.

Fury you'll get trained because people get a free beserking against you.

Arms is way better because you can put out those monstrous crits and just munch down their health.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury is bad not because of its defenses but mainly because its damage is awful compared to Arms. Arms deals 100% of its damage all the time while Fury completely depends on Enrage to deal damage. The Enrage mechanic just sucks in PvP, it always has and will.

Bloodthirst also just feels like a waste of a gcd. It's like the equivalent of an Arms Warrior being forced to hit Slam every 4 seconds.

Honestly, instead of the Death Wish Talent, Fury should've gotten something similar to WoD SD Execute to give it some consistent burst damage. Rampage just sucks. It's such a lame ability.