Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin- View Post
    Spot on, this is my thought process as well atm. I spent the majority of the time on the first boss rerolling rtb, with a total of 27 casts on the first kill. I seriously did not get either TB or SiW in the first 13 casts, which gave me an astonishingly bad feeling. My buffs went as follows:
    BT, GM, JR, BS, GM, GM+BT (full duration), GM, BS, JR, BT, BT, BS.

I did catch up later on, getting a single SiW which I kept into a TB which finally got me rolling on the meters. Ended in 3rd place at 220k dps. But it made me question the validity of running outlaw on progression. Then again, you could just as well get a 6 roll by roughly the same chance as getting as unlucky as I did early on. RNG is RNG. Getting a bad streak at the end of a fight sub 20% could be the difference between a kill and a wipe, and it's out of your hands. Not sure I like it that way.

Looking at wcl, it dawns on me that ranking will become skewed to such a dramatic degree that in a few months time, all you'll see in the top are 6-rollers, making ranking basically worthless for any form of gaging of player performance.

If the top end of both assassination and outlaw are somewhat close to each other, reaching the top tier performance will be much more in the hands of the player as asssassination than it will outlaw, which is much more in the hands of RNG.

With quite a few bosses being single target or with the occasional bursting down adds (not really caring about il'gynoth slimes bf padding, although it's not unimportant), assassination is looking temping.
    yeah but once you start rocking 870+ gear the gap will be a lot bigger

why not have both?

Still raiding at the moment. but I'm currently sitting at the top healthily. Some people have a tiny bit more burst beyond my AR/CotDB. But I quickly catch up and pass them once again and then begin climbing steadily. Only competition so far is our boomkin who has one of his best legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Sounds wrong, whats your characters name/server?
    Gankstab @Defias Brotherhood EU

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH, I still to this day have not discovered where in the world (of warcraft) I can acquire Roll the Bones.

Seriously, it's not in my spellbook. What the fuck.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    TBH, I still to this day have not discovered where in the world (of warcraft) I can acquire Roll the Bones.

Seriously, it's not in my spellbook. What the fuck.
    /facepalm Because you have Slice and Dice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    A few of the top parses i looked at had over 40 rerolls in EN.
    And many of them didn't. It's not that black and white - Outlaw is about being adaptable, it's a true fight-to-fight spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm Because you have Slice and Dice.
    Good lord...

Why in hell does it replace Roll the Bones??
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Good lord...

Why in hell does it replace Roll the Bones??
    Blizzard gave people who don't like the playstyle of RtB a way to not have to deal with it.

The question is...why does slice and dice "replaces" MFD also :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    The question is...why does slice and dice "replaces" MFD also :-(
    Because only good players get to play with good toys. RtB and MfD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixxis View Post
    Not sure why people are still arguing that you need 3/6 constant buffs to do good DPS...Simcraft already invalidates that because it simulates scenarios where you have to reroll over thousands of attempts. The "problem" with the spec is that usually bad RNG feels a lot worse than good RNG to people, so it can be frustrating if you get shitty solo buffs the whole fight. But that RNG is somewhat offset by the fact that you feel like a god with good rolls, and the spec is dynamic in that you have to decide when/if to reroll depending on the situation, not to mention mediocre RNG is still very competitive DPS.

My only problems with Outlaw right now are:
    1) The artifact talent tree sucks. No nice 2nd or 3rd gold is disappointing and the path to each is littered with shitty choices as well
    2) Itemizing has been a bit confusing, and listening to stat weights hasn't made me feel more powerful. For whatever reason my Haste and Mastery EPs are super higher, with crit bring my lowest. Gearing for Haste hasn't felt better at all, especially considering half the time you don't even want/need more energy regen.
    3) Delay on the fucking extra Sabre Slash procs when you're energy flooded...So easy to waste CPs because for whatever reason it takes a full second for the Combo Points to count.

You got it wrong.. Its not about good or very good dps its possible.

Its about top 10 outlaw out of hundret of thousend rogues.
    You have to look at the averange which assa is better. Why its so hard to believe? Some dudes are only able to copy opinions from sims and one icy vein guide.

Also the artifact path for outlaw sfter the girst golden sucks, like you said. Assa on ther other hand got some pretty strong traits later in the path, so it will get ahead a little more the next weeks.
    Last edited by mmoc96ce41db5d; 2016-09-23 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    Then you have to stop rerolling and keep solo shark or perhaps TB to reset the CD on AR.
    '
    But if you have single TB do you keep it til you reset AR and then reroll or keep going with it when you have AR aswell ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    You got it wrong.. Its not about good or very good dps its possible.

Its about top 10 outlaw out of hundret of thousend rogues.
    You have to look at the averange which assa is better. Why its so hard to believe? Some dudes are only able to copy opinions from sims and one icy vein guide.

Also the artifact path for outlaw sfter the girst golden sucks, like you said. Assa on ther other hand got some pretty strong traits later in the path, so it will get ahead a little more the next weeks.
    What part do you not understand that a rogue in the top did not roll more than 2 buffs at once in the entire fight?

What part do you not understand that a rogue in the top did not roll more than 2 buffs at once in the entire fight?
    For some people it is just plain hard to see the truth.
    I also wanted to play Assa but outlaw is better.
    An Karanir Thanagor, Mor Ok Angalor, Mor Ok Gorum Palahm Raval!

I don't understand why people are coming to Outlaw Rogues thread and keep talking about Assassination Rogues. Are they jealous because they are not pirates?

OT:
    SnD sucks, and MfD is godly on the mythics+ dungeons. Was doing ~200-250k on trash(without CDs) with MfD + RT yesterday and it felt so good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    '
    But if you have single TB do you keep it til you reset AR and then reroll or keep going with it when you have AR aswell ?
    Depends on the fight, but for ST fights just keep it till you've gotten it down to sync with CotD - Assuming you had a CP5 roll and you spent about half of the duration to get it to CotDs remaining CD. If it reset shortly after you got TB, just hammer it and get AR to sync with CotD. Single TBs are kept till AR can sync with CotD and then you should attempt to reroll, as a rule of thumb.

I did full normal EN yesterday, some quick notes:

- We're very close to raid top dps in single target. MM and Havoc DH compete for the spot.
    - You have to adjust your RTB. It's not as simple as "roll always until 2 buffs". Also in your opener do not COTDB+AR before you have shark/TB/2+buffs with either of these.
    - Assassination cannot match Outlaw dps. Atleast not our assa, he wasn't even close.
    - 315k dps in Ursoc, the only full ST fight without much movement. Won the charts by 20k dps to next one (MM Hunter). I did roll 6 buffs in that fight once.
    - There is RNG but people exaggerate its part a lot. Even without good rolls I'm pretty darn close to 250k dps all the time.
    - Greenskin's Waterlogged Wristcuffs are awesome in single target fights.
    - My Xavius fight. Note my bad RTB uptime and still 258k dps. I truly sucked in the fight, we killed it in 2nd attempt and I didn't have much clue what was going on. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14

Postnote: I use Quick Draw and I love it.
    Last edited by Deefame; 2016-09-23 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    I got 2 complaints:
    1. I can't deal as much damage as a good DH, even with two 6 rolls back to back. We are both a few percents above the whole raid, feels bad.
    2. Our cooldowns don't feel impactful. During the initial burst you will see Hunters, DH, even Shamans, Mages and Locks at the top, and Outlaw, just like Combat before, needs a couple of minutes to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    I got 2 complaints:
    2. Our cooldowns don't feel impactful. During the initial burst you will see Hunters, DH, even Shamans, Mages and Locks at the top, and Outlaw, just like Combat before, needs a couple of minutes to climb.
    Also this.

Other classes are always on the TOP for the burts phases. For example - they're usually going 400k DPS at start and ending with 220-250k DPS, while Outlaw is like 300k DPS at start and ending with 230k DPS. Which feels really weird, at least for me - was playing Sub in WoD, it had really enormous burst compared to other classes/specs.
    So as long as we have longer fights it's fine.