Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It seems as though everyone's playing the wrong class. Some people stick with the first class they started with, and never think to try any of the others.

It's strange how it's easier to complain about how much you dislike your chosen class vs finding out if another suits your playstyle better.

I have played all the classes over the years. Some as farmer alts, some as social alts with slow levelling friends, and some in progression and/or casual raiding.

I have developed a pretty particulate taste for playing style. Which impacts how I evaluate if a class is good/bad/fun/unplayable/etc.

It seems the pally got the most disruptive changes over the years. Going from healbot+retnoob over a pretty balanced prot playing style, back into shite with those 3-point holy thingie. I gave up on them purely because they changed so often that I could not commit to liking to play them.

Warriors have always been consistent. I always loved them and the high point was gladiator stance. Right now mine is sitting in his garrison cherishing old times and refusing to move on. Finally giving us a sword'n'board levelling path after all those years and then taking it away so soon was a mean move.

Currently I am just starting out on legion. Did the DH levelling for the experience and sort of liked what they did with the class. If it had a healing spec I am almost certain I would have stuck with it. Not having tank+healer specs is a deal-breaker for me. And after they finally unlocked all 4 druid specs simultaneously (took them 12 years to let us play them all at the same time!) the druid was just too tempting.

Feral is garbage, but it should be added that I never liked the "light rogue" class feel it has. I suffered through it for 2 levels because I wanted to give it a chance and didn't research that I would get no other weapons until the 2nd artifact quest unlocked. As long as I can stealth in cat form while in the other specs, I don't see why I would ever play in feral spec. Not totally digging the moonkin changes either, but it is still sort of playable. I only do it occasionally for easy solo content where bear is inefficient, so it is likely because I did not bother with auras and other UI aids to make it more intuitive to play.

At the end of the day, there are two generally two kinds of players complaining or otherwise using the forums. Those who just want their class to be better at whatever they like doing (either because they suck, because they are doing things their class by design is not good at, or because there is a genuine current balancing problem). And the other group are those who want all the other classes to suck, because that seems to be easier than to point out what is wrong with their class and ask for that to be fixed.

TL;DR version: Some want their class to be better, others want the others to be worse. Nothing new there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rmgabi View Post
    So you are saying someone out there saying Elemental Shamans need a nerf? :O
    They need to be nerfed to the fucking ground, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Here's a handy guide to class forums:

DK forums: DKs need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    DH forums: DHs need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Druid forums: Druids need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Hunter forums: Hunters need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Mage forums: Mages need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Paladin forums: Paladins need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Priest forums: Priests need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Rogue forums: Rogues need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Shaman forums: Shamans need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Warlock forums: Warlocks need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Warrior forums: Warriors need buffs, everything else needs nerfs.
    Monk forums: I don't recognize Monks as a real class.
    You made me laugh!
    1 Internet point to you.

The only thing I can complain about my rogue is Roll the Bones, but RNG is RNG.

Skickat från min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

I didn't see any "Outlaw/Havoc/Fire need buff!" threads, but yeah... Whatever.

Another toxic bandwagon thread where people are only talking how "others are whinning".

Being a lot more casual now I can say it doesn't matter much to me. Granted my main is Druid and honestly I would spec to anything and eventually find a place to fit in. Primary alt a paladin which is pretty much in the same boat.

I love my main but I also do not give a fuck about top dps or min max. Boss dead me happy

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen, its mostly the specs that are the issue not the class.

Warrior - Fury
    Paladin - Retribution
    DK - Frost
    Hunter - BM

etc.

It's kinda like that yeah.

But anyone who can see sims/ raid logs can see that Frost DKs definatley need a looking at...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Here's a handy guide to class forums:Monk forums: I don't recognize Monks as a real class.
    Was it because you get rekt too often by monks? So you decided it was not a real class, but instead "an illusion what are you hiding"

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I am, doing quite fine with my paladin. Doesn't feel OP, but doesn't feel weak either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    Everyone is simultaneous OP and garbage, that every class is bland and boring while the other class is much better, and that every nerf is unjustified while blizzard neglects to both nerf and/or buff everyone at the same time.

It's nuts.
    I mowed down 2 priests and 2 mages constantly as my frost DK yesterday afternoon. Like butter. This morning, I couldn't get 1 priest to half health.

/shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by kurtpal View Post
    Very happy with my class - Semen hunter, if anyone is complaining about DH they just have nfi what they are doing, yes we are a little squishy(don't stand in shit)we also hit like trucks so don't complain .
    IM DYING LOL

OT yes the grass is greener on the other side i main a warrior and i know the struggle of having a shitty spec and also the joy of having a spec with a broken talent set up FR arms but yeah im just waiting for a buff on fury and the unavoidable fr nerfs or at least a buff on the other talent options

10+ Year Old Account
    To paraphrase Orwell, 'Every class is terrible, but some classes are more terrible than others.' *coughswarlockcoughs*
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    Everyone is simultaneous OP and garbage, that every class is bland and boring while the other class is much better, and that every nerf is unjustified while blizzard neglects to both nerf and/or buff everyone at the same time.
    Would be somewhat funny if it were actually true for every single forum poster but it isn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dki07 View Post
    So basically the core rotation is the same as it's been since MOP
    Wotlk

/10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Most classes are bland and boring, compared to their prior versions.

I don't think the class I play (shaman) is excessively underpowered, but elemental is far less fluid than it could / should be.
    Well not ever class needs a complete over haul each and every xpac.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kataroku View Post
    It seems as though everyone's playing the wrong class. Some people stick with the first class they started with, and never think to try any of the others.

It's strange how it's easier to complain about how much you dislike your chosen class vs finding out if another suits your playstyle better.
    Its frustrating to have such significant changes to a class each and every xpac though.

Shaman go through significant changes every GD time. Sometimes the spirit of the class/spec is maintained other times it is not.

I used to love enhancement, but for a long time frost DKs have played similar and just done it better. That's unsettling to come to that conclusion. I have an attachment to my shaman as I have played it since beta of vanilla.

For my shaman and warlock were my major characters through the first vanilla, and BC, and my shaman through Cata. I always WANT to play them, but Blizzard does them dirty more often than not... so I play something else.

So OP, you read the internet and decided to share with us your whining post about people who are whining.

Sweet, sweet irony.

You know, instead of creating another hate/whiny thread, you could do something useful. For example, you could boost a noobie from lvl 12 to lvl 60 via dungeons with your 110 main. And the world could be just a little bit better place, simply because of your actions. Or, instead of ripping last gold coins from us fellow crafters by selling us fucking ores/herbs for 100+g/piece, you could be a nice person and just gather lots of them and give them away for free, just so people adore you as a person and the world could be a little bit better place. Or, you could just enjoy the game with couple of friends, running dem raids and dungeons...

For some reason you think you're oh-so-much-better then all those whining people from your OP. But you're just the same - except for those people want something good for themselves, while you're just wasting my internet whining about whiners.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-09-23 at 04:26 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Don't forget if the class gets a nerf then the game is literally unplayable and they are now the worst at everything. "Blink got nerfed, mages now do 0 damage wtf blizz fix"