Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relidar View Post
    This is interesting. A lot of people hate Infected Claws, especially on the dk discord. I might give it a try for next raid. I do think AWS is better for almost all fights though.
    Same here. I tried it before and didnt really like the random part of it.
    But it looks like it has some good idea behind it, regarding Cast and high amount of crit with it.
    DOnt have any legendaries though, so not sure if it makes sense to spec for claws without the bracers.

Will try it today in heroic, as we have cleared normal yesterday.

Man, after clearing EN last night I must say, I am very disappointed with UN DPS. The DH's were killing it all night, and even a ret pally beat the DK's.

Quote Originally Posted by Apokalypse View Post
    Man, after clearing EN last night I must say, I am very disappointed with UN DPS. The DH's were killing it all night, and even a ret pally beat the DK's.
    I agree, a dh guildie who is = ilvl as me was wrecking me in dps, by at least 50k some fights.Unholy isn't in a great spot right now, when it comes to playstyle YES but dmg? Not really. unless you have the legendary bracers and right amount of crit/haste we can't keep up with warriors, dhs, ww's, ferals, rogues, mages etc. been looking at logs for a lil bit and there isn't even one unholy on the first page, maybe a few on a couple of fights and the ones that do have the bracers. Not surprised because we are in the same place as usual. I even tried getting into some mythic + pugs when guild wasn't doing them and nobody wanted a 851 dk I guess I'm too slow and don't have an aoe stun + insane aoe like dhs and ww's have. I'd be fine with unholy remaining the same and the rest of the stronger classes just getting nerfed back down to earth. It's hard out there for a dk these days. Mediocre or above avg at everything, just not quite good enough to pick over other specs atm. I do love unholy though and I won't reroll.
    Going to try pestilent pustules in EN tomorrow, was only running epidemic so we'll see how it goes! Might try aws in favor of bursting sores on some pure ST fights to see if it comes out on top.
    Last edited by 0verdose; 2016-09-22 at 12:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeASir View Post
    Had to find the password for my ancient-ass account just so I could jump in here and dispel some of these delusions.

First of all castigator is way ahead of anything else in its tier. It by far scales the best with gear even. In fact, it scales so well, that once you approach about 32% crit, bursting soars overtakes all will serve on single target.

In the second row of talents, pestulent pustules is the only competitor. Done.

Infected claw is easily the best in tier 90. Not only is it the best of single target, but it props from your pet's DT claw replacement. This gives you wounds on multiple targets to pop with d&d + ss spam. I'm currently roflstomping everyone else on any sort of burst aoe. Easy 7 digits of dps.

For Tier 100, take soul reaper if you aren't smart enough to plan ahead for dark arbiter. A good example of a good time to take dark arbiter ills for ilgynoth, when you blow your load on the heart. I honestly think there isn't really any other place to use DA in EN.

Posted from my phone, so apologies for any awkward autocorrects.
    And here I thought I was the only one who liked infected claws and did much better with it despite discord saying take DT
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by LikeASir View Post
    Had to find the password for my ancient-ass account just so I could jump in here and dispel some of these delusions.

First of all castigator is way ahead of anything else in its tier. It by far scales the best with gear even. In fact, it scales so well, that once you approach about 32% crit, bursting soars overtakes all will serve on single target.

In the second row of talents, pestulent pustules is the only competitor. Done.

Infected claw is easily the best in tier 90. Not only is it the best of single target, but it props from your pet's DT claw replacement. This gives you wounds on multiple targets to pop with d&d + ss spam. I'm currently roflstomping everyone else on any sort of burst aoe. Easy 7 digits of dps.

For Tier 100, take soul reaper if you aren't smart enough to plan ahead for dark arbiter. A good example of a good time to take dark arbiter ills for ilgynoth, when you blow your load on the heart. I honestly think there isn't really any other place to use DA in EN.

Posted from my phone, so apologies for any awkward autocorrects.
    Can i get any confirmation on the crit? i have 35% crit right now and just want to know if indeed i should be swapping to bursting sores on ST now.

Also ya i did some heroic last night killing nythendra and ursoc and a handful of wipes on Evil tree, was using epidemic for a bit and it was all pad damage, the tentacles spawn is just too random and sporadic to even hope that you will get a big epidemic cleave-athon. I'll have to try out infected claws, but have been liking infusion alot getting my DT uptime to 66-70% uptime when im on top of it.

Noticed that too. Getting dominated by ranged classes and DH/rogues. Dks feel so bad right now - mediocre damage ST and AOE terrible mobility.. Sadly i have the feeling that Blizzard will randomly nerf unholy, so it can match frost.

7+ Year Old Account
    Infected claws and DT. Pet spreads wounds all over and then DnD SS spam to pop everything on all adds
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    And here I thought I was the only one who liked infected claws and did much better with it despite discord saying take DT
    the discord is full with people lookin at their simulations and never field test
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    the discord is full with people lookin at their simulations and never field test
    True. At any time you can turn it on and see "what are stat weight" asked over and over and over and over. Like every other comment.
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    That's likely a problem with your DKs in particular, not the spec. On our full normal clear I was always top 5, except for Ill'gynoth where I was still running Castigator for more damage inside the tree. This was in a 30 man group.

On the topic of the thread, I'm just running Castigator for all of the bosses right now because I have like 2k Mastery and am completely invested in Crit. It doesn't really hurt because my group has a ton of good cleave and AoE already.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    You're only going to be changing tier 1, 2, 5 (depending on whether you can soak stuff with AMS, otherwise its Lingering Apparition) and 6. I ran castigator on every fight without issue, clawing shadows isn't really required in any of the fights. The only one where it would be more useful potentially is Il'Gyanoth. You will always be using Soul Reaper unless you have legendary shoulders (I'm not sure which fights though).

Nyth: AWS, PP, Necrosis

Dragons of Nightmare: AWS, PP, Necrosis

Elerethre Renferal: BS, Epidemic, SI

Il'Gyanoth: BS, Epidemic, SI

Ursoc: AWS, PP, Necrosis

Cenarius: BS, PP, SI

Xavius: BS, PP, SI

Hope this helps.
    After reading this and looking how I play I tried necrosis in a M VH run. SS did a lot of damage cause I weave in DC a lot to avoid capping RP. . Epidemic is padding meters as said above in raid so gonna try DnD SS more on heroic tonight with necrosis. All guides and discord guys say don't use it according to sims.. I don't take Sims as law. NP play back in WoD was use DC in between other spells and can't break that habit
    Filthy Casual

10+ Year Old Account
    For pure single target, Necrosis is actually a no-brainer. Nition's talent picks for each boss are spot on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    For pure single target, Necrosis is actually a no-brainer. Nition's talent picks for each boss are spot on.
    Holy balls in shocked how good necrosis was on ursoc and dragons.
    This talent list should be a sticky
    Worked great for first 4 on heroics

I did get rune starved a few times in Ilgyoth so might do infected claws next week but the rest was spot in as mentioned

Death gate, change talents, then death hate back to raid

- - - Updated - - -

And drop whatever useless profession you have for herbalism. Old war potions do 5 million. Pre pot and on burn phases.
    Filthy Casual

So I have been seeing a lot of the higher end dps in almost all of the heroic kills going necrosis and unholy frenzy actually which was very surprising to me personally with what everyone has said about it, I'm personally very interested in giving UF a shot next week on a couple of fights

Quote Originally Posted by Decrepped View Post
    So I have been seeing a lot of the higher end dps in almost all of the heroic kills going necrosis and unholy frenzy actually which was very surprising to me personally with what everyone has said about it, I'm personally very interested in giving UF a shot next week on a couple of fights
    Don't take UF unless you have legendary bracers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy balls in shocked how good necrosis was on ursoc and dragons.
    This talent list should be a sticky
    Worked great for first 4 on heroics

I did get rune starved a few times in Ilgyoth so might do infected claws next week but the rest was spot in as mentioned

Death gate, change talents, then death hate back to raid

- - - Updated - - -

And drop whatever useless profession you have for herbalism. Old war potions do 5 million. Pre pot and on burn phases.
    I honestly don't like vagina boss that much because as you said, you end up rune starved quite a bit.

Necrosis is fantastic for pure single target, not to mention you'll find yourself swimming in resources as you weave in the death coils. There seems to be a lot of miss-information flying about, saying that necrosis is a poor talent at the moment. In the right situations its great.

Deleted
    I was running yesterday for Heroic Nyth and Dragons -> Bursting Sores, Pustules, Castigator, Infected claws and Soul Reaper (I have legendary bracers). No down time, no rune / resource starvation, really satisfying fluid rotation. Eneded up 1st on damage in both fights. I'm happy

All the guides say take Deadly Grace pots, but I was always confused by that since it seems to benefit casters more. So is Old War definitely the way to go? Seems like you can get over 6 mill with 2 Deadly Grace pots in a fight.

For anyone still wondering about Clawing Shadows, just don't. I had terrible luck on drops in heroics and mythics and so my gear has a boatload of mastery on it and not much crit/haste. First night I was middle-of-the-pack on rankings in my bracket, so tonight when we did Xavius I figured I'd give CS a whirl. With 55%+ mastery I thought it would have to give me a DPS boost, right? Nope. Was complete crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebachina View Post
    I was running yesterday for Heroic Nyth and Dragons -> Bursting Sores, Pustules, Castigator, Infected claws and Soul Reaper (I have legendary bracers). No down time, no rune / resource starvation, really satisfying fluid rotation. Eneded up 1st on damage in both fights. I'm happy
    If you have legendary bracers, run unholy frenzy instead of castigator

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Even for Il'gynoth, Epidemic would not be worth?
    On heroic, there are plenty of bloods that you dont want to be caught in when they explode making epidemic great.