Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    The problem is that really doesn't work well with the concept of Artifact Power, relics, or spec-specific legendaries. The whole point of these systems was to reinforce spec identity over class identity, but that's something that doesn't work when players feel the need to only play one spec, or even both/all three specs due to performance.
    Oh I wholeheartedly agree, I just think the warrior community in general has flip flopped between arms and fury more than other classes flip between their specs. Just feels natural to go back and forth for me, especially in warlords when fury and arms were almost equal in PvP and you went to arms for cleave and fury for ST in Highmaul. Good times. Whereas you know, a feral/balance druid kinda picks their spec like it's their entire class. Same with frost/unholy DKs; I feel like you completely commit to one or the other.

But yeah, AP is also the biggest factor in limiting my alt enjoyment. Sure, there's a catch up mechanic for artifact knowledge but it just feels bad that your alt is sitting there at low AP gains for 5-6 weeks before you feel like it's actually worth the time investment to go out and get artifact power.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-09-23 at 05:01 AM.

Quick question, should I prioritize csmash over Mortal strike? Cause I've been doing mortal strike over csmash if csmash debuff is already up.

I ask cause I've noticed higher parsing arms with less Mortal strikes than me, but more shattered defenses.
    Last edited by Marleyklus; 2016-09-23 at 05:29 AM.

Is hidden satyr still borked

Quote Originally Posted by OldGod View Post
    Maybe. But I'm sure that you are not a dev (yet) and it's not an Arms warrior role begging for balance because of our good dps.
    So you think the game shouldn't be balanced simply because you're doing well, and that balance is only something that should happen when doing poorly? That's some one-sided logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    I haven't seen any instances of the bug, so it appears to have been fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marleyklus View Post
    Quick question, should I prioritize csmash over Mortal strike? Cause I've been doing mortal strike over csmash if csmash debuff is already up.

I ask cause I've noticed higher parsing arms with less Mortal strikes than me, but more shattered defenses.
    Yes, if Shattered Defenses is down. No, if the buff is still active.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    It's fixed, likely best neck enchant for ST at least.

So you think the game shouldn't be balanced simply because you're doing well, and that balance is only something that should happen when doing poorly? That's some one-sided logic.

- - - Updated - - -

I think most people here are just afraid that Blizzard will overdo the nerfs which they often have. Personally I don't trust Blizzard to be capable to do a proper balancing.

So I'm using the CS>MS>FR>Slam/HS priority and just a quick question about my macros;

When CS and MS are on CD, I use my Hamstring and Focused Rage macro - unless I use Battlecry then I use my Slam and Focused Rage (Should I add hamstring too?) macro.

Firstly, are those macros at all needed? I find I have a huge amount of HS cast in my recount vs Slam - partly because I have terribly optimised gear I suspect.

Secondly, If I've capped rage, is it better to use Slam over HS?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    So I'm using the CS>MS>FR>Slam/HS priority and just a quick question about my macros;

When CS and MS are on CD, I use my Hamstring and Focused Rage macro - unless I use Battlecry then I use my Slam and Focused Rage (Should I add hamstring too?) macro.

Firstly, are those macros at all needed? I find I have a huge amount of HS cast in my recount vs Slam - partly because I have terribly optimised gear I suspect.

Secondly, If I've capped rage, is it better to use Slam over HS?
    Question about that one, i main prot but i'm starting to level up my arms weapon.

Why would you use HS over Slam in a rotation ? Is it for the earlier chance of a CS reset ?
    I've seen top parse use HS heavily in ST situation ie : (can't post link just look at Marokk WL for Nythendra)

Obviously it's not for its damage but i was under the impression that spending 20 rage on slam >>> 10 rage on HS, esp during battle cry?

I'm probably obvious to the plain reason but as I didn't find any explanation for it, i'm puzzled.

Quote Originally Posted by Helyopses View Post
    Question about that one, i main prot but i'm starting to level up my arms weapon.

Why would you use HS over Slam in a rotation ? Is it for the earlier chance of a CS reset ?
    I've seen top parse use HS heavily in ST situation ie : (can't post link just look at Marokk WL for Nythendra)

Obviously it's not for its damage but i was under the impression that spending 20 rage on slam >>> 10 rage on HS, esp during battle cry?

I'm probably obvious to the plain reason but as I didn't find any explanation for it, i'm puzzled.
    HS isn't on the gcd. During battlecry, you spam FR and Slam as it doesn't cost rage (I'm not sure whether I should macro in HS too) But the damage that comes from Colossus Smash + the perks of having the buff(s) up longer > slam damage, plus you have more rage for FR if you use HS.

That's my understanding.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Quote Originally Posted by Helyopses View Post

Hamstring is only ever used during Battle Cry, when you have the Deadly Calm talent active. There, Hamstring cost no rage, but acts as if you spent 10 rage for the ability in the eyes of Tactician.

Hamstring is also off the global cooldown, so ideally you would be spamming Slam, Hamstring and Focused Rage all during the Battle Cry window. This leads to you "spending" 20 rage, 10 rage and 15 rage all in a 'single' global cooldown, leading to much more frequent Tactician procs during this window.
    Last edited by Kueson; 2016-09-23 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    anyone got a list of what trinkets is bis for us?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kueson View Post
    Hamstring is only ever used during Battle Cry, when you have the Deadly Calm talent active. There, Hamstring cost no rage, but acts as if you spent 10 rage for the ability in the eyes of Tactician.

Hamstring is also off the global cooldown, so ideally you would be spamming Slam, Hamstring and Focused Rage all during the Battle Cry window. This leads to you "spending" 20 rage, 10 rage and 15 rage all in a 'single' global cooldown, leading to much more frequent Tactician procs during this window.
    Okay I understand now, I wasn't aware HS wasn't on the GCD. I'll have to create myself a FR/HS spam macro.

Thanks for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by Kueson View Post

So I shouldn't be using HS outside of BC?
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Deleted
    So I shouldn't be using HS outside of BC?
    Correct.
    /10char

While I actually like the single, mega-nuke feel of FR arms, its the off GCD ability spam during BC that I don't like at all. It gets really tiring after 3 hours of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    While I actually like the single, mega-nuke feel of FR arms, its the off GCD ability spam during BC that I don't like at all. It gets really tiring after 3 hours of raiding.
    Try binding to mouse wheel
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

You're kidding right? The nerf was incredibly minor, and go look at any of the logs coming out of this week and you'll see exactly how OP Arms is.

- - - Updated - - -
    If we look at Nythendra HC(not optimal, but best fight to compare st damage), the last week we're clearly outperformed by feral druids for lower percentiles.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=95
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=1853&sample=7

For top 99%(im assuming this is the OP part where ppl spam hamstring on BC etc) we're only pulling ahead like 10k dps compared to other classes, is that really overperforming? Of the top dps ranks, only 4/10 are arms warriors.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...e=7&dataset=99

Had three pieces yesterday ... and all three pieces had no mastery on them ..... and they got crit on each and every one of them. They're 850 to 855 so not much of an upgrade. The strength value upgrade is not even 100 and I'd be losing well over 450-550 Mastery on any piece I exchange out.

Well ...

Try binding to mouse wheel
    I use the number 3 (hamstring/FR) and 4 (FR) on my keyboard. Very easy to play around with. Also, my Q and E are strafing (I've changed them from the default). I was looking over some people keybinding their abilities to Q, E and R. When I realized I was actually using Q and E consistently, I knew that I've changed this deliberately to make it easier to access the other keybinds on-top long ago.

Anyways, those are the two that I use. I tried it on the mouse and that didn't work.
    Last edited by Tatsujin; 2016-09-23 at 01:17 PM.

Deleted
    99% percentile is tricky.

With the current state of FR!Arms it's less about personal skill and a lot more about Legendaries RNG (Hands/Legs) and Tactician RNG.
    Imagine a spec that deals 250k dps 95 times out of 100 and 500k dps 5 times out of 100. If you can imagine that then you got the gist of it.

The point is not to devalue top parsers - with all stars aligned FR!Arms has the best potential but not necessarily the best average.

Is anyone making some talent modifications for certain bosses in emerald nightmare? I was thinking of swapping to sweeping strikes for Xavius, since there are often the big adds+phase 3 tentacles. I am not sure if anyone has done some sims to see what percentage of the time you need a second mob present to make SS a dps gain over dauntless.

The only other fight I could think that one might want to change out some talents would be the tree fight, just to get some more aoe. I noticed I didn't do so much dps on that fight with the ST build for obvious reasons. Does anyone think trauma/ravager would be viable? ravager would be nice over bladestorm since the blobs drop that aoe puddle that prevents you from attacking and they blow up for a lot of damage.