Deleted

Versatility better than Crit for me

As the title says, Vers got better by a small amount than Crit for me...

Agi > Vers > Crit > Haste > Mastery
    8.46 > 6.34 > 6.22 > 5.32 > 4.08

Should I be worried or nah?

My stats are right now:

Crit: 41,08%
    Vers: 6,24%
    Haste: 12,65%
    Mastery: 10,50%

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You good, don't worry about it.

Versatility is also even better than crit during AoE fights by the way. As for haste, once you drop it a bit, it will start increasing so do a reforge plot (and constantly resim whenever you change items) to find the sweet spot (10% for me). I also run simcraft for both Chaos Blades and Fel Barrage just for comparison.

Avoid Mastery and balance the rest of the stats as appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    You good, don't worry about it.

Versatility is also even better than crit during AoE fights by the way. As for haste, once you drop it a bit, it will start increasing so do a reforge plot (and constantly resim whenever you change items) to find the sweet spot (10% for me). I also run simcraft for both Chaos Blades and Fel Barrage just for comparison.

Avoid Mastery and balance the rest of the stats as appropriate.
    This seems to be accurate going along with my stat weights in Simulationcraft. I could have set it up wrong (iterations at 10k and scaling for all my relevant stats), but I don't think I did. My stat weights are:

Agi: 5.22
    Vers: 3.93 (3.64%)
    Crit: 3.90 (45.27%)
    Haste: 3.84 (10.33%)
    Mastery: 2.87 (15.05%)

So 10% Haste seems to be that sweetspot you're talking about. It's rather crazy that this early on in the expansion we're hitting such high %, even without reforging. I wonder what it'll be like in the final tier...

Barely different. Blizz changed how the gear scaling works for Legion, making it so that we get the secondary stats we need earlier in the expac. Main Stat will be the only thing that really increases over the tiers, you wont see much fluctuation in your secondaries.(At least if I'm understanding things correctly.)

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiya View Post
    Barely different. Blizz changed how the gear scaling works for Legion, making it so that we get the secondary stats we need earlier in the expac. Main Stat will be the only thing that really increases over the tiers, you wont see much fluctuation in your secondaries.
    Ah, that makes more sense. I have noticed only small secondary increases from higher ilvl gear for secondaries. I'm kind of relieved that more stat-dependent specs (like Havoc with crit) are going to be less punished because of that.

Thanks for letting me know!

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustrafael View Post
    not at all son, congratulations, you are a rogue now(probably should not reroll at all)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaiya View Post
    Barely different. Blizz changed how the gear scaling works for Legion, making it so that we get the secondary stats we need earlier in the expac. Main Stat will be the only thing that really increases over the tiers, you wont see much fluctuation in your secondaries.(At least if I'm understanding things correctly.)
    895 gear has like about 70% more secondary stats than 840 gear. There is a huge growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Isnt it a bad sign if versatility comes out on top?

It's the only stat that is a flat increase, no class design, no procs, no synergies.

Stacking Versatility feels lackluster. I think if Versa is on top of the stat priority the Class design is bad and failed to a certain amount.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubber View Post
    Isnt it a bad sign if versatility comes out on top?

It's the only stat that is a flat increase, no class design, no procs, no synergies.

Stacking Versatility feels lackluster. I think if Versa is on top of the stat priority the Class design is bad and failed to a certain amount.
    I agree.

Mastery should be the best stat for everyone, because it is the spec-defining niche that should be the spec's strength.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I agree.

Mastery should be the best stat for everyone, because it is the spec-defining niche that should be the spec's strength.
    That would make everyone want mastery gear. Thats not a good design choice. Having some classes focus on crit, others on haste or mastery is the better design.

Actually versatility is still a bad stat. If you have e.g. the same amount of crit and versatility you lose a lot of damage.

Deleted
    I agree.

Sarcasm?

Firemages do carve for crit i guess.

We have some synergie with Crit in Chaos Strike, Mastery does buff Runspeed and Chaos Damage, Haste overall makes for a more keypressing gameplay as you gain faster charges and attack faster.

Only Versatility looks boring.

895 gear has like about 70% more secondary stats than 840 gear. There is a huge growth.
    No it doesn't.
    895 Gear has about 23% more secondary stats than 840. It does however, have almost 70% more primary stat.

Exceptions may (or may not) be trinkets, haven't seen one of those yet.

I agree to some extent, at least it shouldn't be craptier. You have to consider however that DH mastery also grants additional movement speed, which is most likely not taken into account when determining stat weights for dps sims.
    Last edited by Firefly; 2016-09-23 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Multiquoting is hard
    "Mages are basically Warlocks for Girls." - Unknown

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    No it doesn't.
    895 Gear has about 23% more secondary stats than 840. It does however, have almost 70% more primary stat.

Exceptions may (or may not) be trinkets, haven't seen one of those yet.
    Hmm... I'm pretty sure when I saw some guy get a 895 cloak from the world boss and compared it to my 840, it had about 70% more secondaries.....I guess I might have looked wrong ...