Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    But if they are granted citizenship, then it's all good? They will no longer become leeching illegals.
    If they go through the immigration process established by law, yes. I dont know about Germany but here in the US, it would mean having to learn the language, get a job, know about the local culture and live years on "probation" to prove they can be a productive members of the society.

But thats not what you had in mind, is it? Let me guess.. double standards because of .. feelings? And PC?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    know about the local culture
    That would be fair. Teach them how to use guns, become clinically obese and avoid ever reading a book.

And insist they learn that American language, you know, that language that Americans invented and speak so perfectly.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-09-23 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    That would be fair. Teach them how to use guns, become clinically obese and avoid ever reading a book.

And insist they learn that American language, you know, that language that Americans invented and speak so perfectly.
    Nation Bashing is against forum rules, as detailed in this post. Please refrain from engaging in this behavior and be kinder to your fellow posters.

Deleted
    Deport all of them. Eating my tax moneys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Nation Bashing is against forum rules, as detailed in this post. Please refrain from engaging in this behavior and be kinder to your fellow posters.
    So we have to tolerate dumb racist bastards starting endless race-baiting thread after endless thread, but no one can trash whatever country these particular idiots come from?

If those guidelines were actually followed and the moderators weren't useless as dogshit this thread wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    So we have to tolerate dumb racist bastards starting endless race-baiting thread after endless thread, but no one can trash whatever country these particular idiots come from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    The forum rules also prohibit discussion of race/ethnicity/religion. In practice, as in this thread, those guidelines are completely ignored.

Why would I want to be nice to people who mostly do nothing but post hate and race-baiting shit 24/7? They have no redeeming qualities as people whatsoever. I have never come across such a vile and diseased morass of sub-humanity, even on the internet.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2016-09-23 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I honestly doubt that having a 1.2M refugees + 500.000 illegals create such a strain on Germany which is has a population of 80M. If you have problems now compared to X years ago like waiting list then TBH its more a system problem if anything else.
    Because all those 80M are employed (that's going to determine the relative increase on expenses for unemployment benefits), pay taxes (that's where the money for that comes from) and pay for healthcare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Because all those 80M are employed (that's going to determine the relative increase on expenses for unemployment benefits), pay taxes (that's where the money for that comes from) and pay for healthcare.
    Merkel invited them in because the country has a demographic crisis looming which an influx of young workers deals with.

The problem is precisely the opposite of what is painted. It is not "the state can't afford these people" it is "the state will collapse without these people".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    I mind my own business and don't feel mean enough to wish harm upon others.

Just people trying to get by, why would I wish anything to happen to them that would ruin their lives?
    Yet u called EEuropeans who don't want these free-loaders in their countries for "leeches", people who DO work n pay more to the EU than they get back.

Pretty hypocritical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Maybe you should go be a "Youtube Hero" if you care that much to snitch on other people. I'm not lawful enough to care what other people do, simple as that.
    So full of bs...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Sadly my idea of having the people who are denied their permission to stay taken to airport in police custody, getting flown to the country of their origin, and thrown off the plane with parachute will never be approved.
    That is actually what's happening. The problem is that many times cases don't reach that stage. Technically, if your asylum is rejected, there can be reasons to (legal term) tolerate your presence. One exception, for instance, would be illness certified by a medical exam. This seems to be the main culprit for these high numbers at the moment.

I know for a fact that if you don't have these reasons, federal police has no problem forcing a door open and dragging people to the airport by their hair at 3 am in the night if that's what it takes. It's an extreme scenario that doesn't happen that often, but it does happen. We've had enough reports about the mean police doing this kind of stuff years past when this topic wasn't even current.

Looks kinda like this, pulled from a random Focus article:

Last edited by Slant; 2016-09-23 at 09:39 AM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    I doubt I would receive much if any backlash as a foreign guest. I however am probably in the minority of visitors however. Also, due to the many German Americans living in Milwaukee area, we have been keeping a good number of older traditions with us over the years.
    Not in Munich, no. Munich and Oktoberfest are not representative for other regions and certainly not the Eastern regions. Munich is a very open metropolis and it's indicated by its attractiveness to foreigners and its economy. Which is quite the opposite to North-East Germany. Mecklenburg-Vorpommern has about a quarter of the GDP than the entire Munich metropolitan region. I mean, I don't want to sound overly negative but I am not pulling my arguments from thin air when I say that there is extreme levels of xenophobia at Eastern fringes of the republic, especially the economically deserted ones, and that's not just a phenomenon since refugee crisis. That crisis just gave them the long-desired justification they needed since they were running out of fuel and ideological reserves for a while. Why am I saying this? Because I have lived on the Eastern part all my life and I find that the West has been amusingly naive ever since. There are regions where the police has no say anymore but Kameradschaften (local right-wing militias) do, where looking different (despite being German) or thinking differently can be a ticket to the next hospital or at least a harsh treatment. Even I have to know where I must tread lightly.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Not in Munich, no. Munich and Oktoberfest are not representative for other regions and certainly not the Eastern regions. Munich is a very open metropolis and it's indicated by its attractiveness to foreigners and its economy. Which is quite the opposite to North-East Germany. Mecklenburg-Vorpommern has about a quarter of the GDP than the entire Munich metropolitan region. I mean, I don't want to sound overly negative but I am not pulling my arguments from thin air when I say that there is extreme levels of xenophobia at Eastern fringes of the republic, especially the economically deserted ones, and that's not just a phenomenon since refugee crisis. That crisis just gave them the long-desired justification they needed since they were running out of fuel and ideological reserves for a while. Why am I saying this? Because I have lived on the Eastern part all my life and I find that the West has been amusingly naive ever since. There are regions where the police has no say anymore but Kameradschaften (local right-wing militias) do, where looking different (despite being German) or thinking differently can be a ticket to the next hospital or at least a harsh treatment. Even I have to know where I must tread lightly.
    Yeah ok, still can't take Saxonians seriously, though. If ever I meet a Saxonian nazi, I'll be in a fuckton of trouble, because I couldn't keep a straight face if my life depended on it. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Recenty it was also reported that Holland sends 450 asylum seekers "back" to Germany.

Germany was reluctant at first but the Dutch government waved at the Germans with the Dublin agreement that states that the country where asylum seekers first apply is forced to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Its like your ignoring what I said and just put in a ton of assumptions into your delusions.

Trump Huge difference between supported by and supports

A system that supports 80M people should handle a 2% guided increase

If right wingers where a fraction as smart as Merkel the world would have been more peaceful

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah ok, still can't take Saxonians seriously, though. If ever I meet a Saxonian nazi, I'll be in a fuckton of trouble, because I couldn't keep a straight face if my life depended on it. :P
    Which wouldn't even matter, straight face or not. (my own experience btw, and it applies to both fringes of the spectrum )
    I have relatives in Saxony. One of them even works at the Leipzig university as lecturer and mentor. There's always the exception to the normal case.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

Deleted
    we can easily take a lot more people in need, and europe can do even more. asylum seekers or refugees are humans as you and i and a good things will returned. we have to welcome them and integrate them, with the help of every citizen and not just insitutions. we can make this world a lot better so stop spreading fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    There are regions where the police has no say anymore but Kameradschaften (local right-wing militias) do, where looking different (despite being German) or thinking differently can be a ticket to the next hospital or at least a harsh treatment. Even I have to know where I must tread lightly.
    So it's the same as in parts of the Ruhrgebiet but with other people doing it ? Interesting.
    See, nazis and migrants are not so different after all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Aren't Parlimentry elections next year?

You Euro posters STAY talking about Merkel and the immigration thing. Give it a rest until campaign season.

Damn.
    Our campaigns take usually no more than a few months tops, not enough time to discuss all the non-matters and non-issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    So it's the same as in parts of the Ruhrgebiet but with other people doing it ? Interesting.
    See, nazis and migrants are not so different after all.
    You'd be surprised about the similarities sometimes, to the point of sharing the same values.