Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The whole Illidan being the biggest champion of light that will lead the army of light to victory has been bothering me since the moment they said he was. Mainly because during WoD and the launch comics they made it very clear that Anduin was the one to lead the army of light.

So I got no clue where blizzard wants to go with illidan, but either way its silly. I like your theory though, allows Anduin to take back his spot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    So I got no clue where blizzard wants to go with illidan, but either way its silly. I like your theory though, allows Anduin to take back his spot.
    illidan leads the army against the legion.
    anduin leads the army against the void.

i mean really, its been obvious since the anduin comic.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Also, for the Illidan chosen one thing, I really think everyone is blowing that out of proportion. He isn't destined because he's magically important. He's important because he has trained the specific skills and made the specific moves that are necessary to win. If someone else had been willing to dabble in the fel the way he did and grab the artifacts he did, they could be the one who's important. The wording lays it on a bit thick, I'll admit, but it would make sense even if they didn't say that.
    Problem is, he is important and valuable because he went that deep into the arts of fel magic and fights the Legion with their own Methods. Illidan as a Demon Hunter is a valuable ressource against the burning Legion. Turning him into some kind of Light Messiah would take away the one thing that makes him important and valuable. He is unable to control large forces, he is a crappy political leader and feeding his ego and his believe that he is some kind of chosen messiah is the worst thing you could do if you act with him.

Light Angel Illidan would be useless. If they want a Champion of the Light, pretty much every Paladin, even the weakest, would be a better choice, because they are more experienced with the use of Light Magic and in their case it wouldn't take away some effective weapon to fight fire with fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    KJ is too dumb to do that. I mean, this plan doesn't even include orcs or gul'dans come on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Problem is, he is important and valuable because he went that deep into the arts of fel magic and fights the Legion with their own Methods. Illidan as a Demon Hunter is a valuable ressource against the burning Legion. Turning him into some kind of Light Messiah would take away the one thing that makes him important and valuable. He is unable to control large forces, he is a crappy political leader and feeding his ego and his believe that he is some kind of chosen messiah is the worst thing you could do if you act with him.

Light Angel Illidan would be useless. If they want a Champion of the Light, pretty much every Paladin, even the weakest, would be a better choice, because they are more experienced with the use of Light Magic and in their case it wouldn't take away some effective weapon to fight fire with fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    The whole Illidan being the biggest champion of light that will lead the army of light to victory has been bothering me since the moment they said he was. Mainly because during WoD and the launch comics they made it very clear that Anduin was the one to lead the army of light.

I am sorry but what part of the "child of light and shadow" did you not understand? If illidan is capable of using both fel and arcane magic then he is capable of using both light and void magic as well and besides when the burning Legion is defeated why would he continue using fel, which will be useless against the void lords, come on people use a little common sense
    Last edited by mmoc3173ec4c4d; 2016-09-23 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    I am sorry but what part of the "child of light and shadow" did you not understand? If illidan is capable of using both fel and arcane magic then he is capable of using both light and void magic as well and besides when the burning Legion is defeated why would he continue using fel, which will be useless against the void lords, come on people use a little common sense
    Which kind of moron thinks that that kind of story and characters is interesting and cool? Like, do people who like that Idea even ever played WC3 or read War of the Ancient or do they only see Illidan and think that his dark and edgy look on their avatar-pics (yours not edgy enough, I'm talking more about this Spiderman 3 Rip-off Pic of him) represents their uniqueness, while losing the borders between themselves and the fictonial Character of Illidan Stormrage, abouth whose character they don't really care, therefore wishing that he is the great and all-powerfull Gary Stu, so they feel better about themselves?

And I don't think that combining Fel with Light would be a good Idea. Undeads already suffering a hell lots of pain while they cast Light.

I just wish we get tricked horribly and lose in Legion. I'd love for that to happen. It'd be a lore-friendly way for us to get knocked down a notch and stop being superheroes and show that the Legion isn't full of pansies like the Iron Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I just wish we get tricked horribly and lose in Legion. I'd love for that to happen. It'd be a lore-friendly way for us to get knocked down a notch and stop being superheroes and show that the Legion isn't full of pansies like the Iron Horde.
    In the end, everything is fine, Genn will apologize for what he did with Sylvanas because she is Sylvanas and never did something wrong and it was all Genns fault to begin with or be corrupted if he doesn't get it, Anduin will be the greatest and wisest King Stormwind ever had because he excuses every action of the Horde, everyone who doesn't likes the Horde is punished and we have won against the Legion without sacrificing something or any plot point that could make the Players feel bad or not allmighty. Just like in any other Addon. Half othe the Story will probably be skipped, so Blizzard has the ressources to add something with Tumblr in the game.

Light's Heart is literally D3's Tyrael.. As much as I'd like the idea of double agent Kil'jaedan.. It's Tyrael, he came to warn us and help us against the 'real evil'.. Boring as shit, but well - Blizzard's storytelling at it's finest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Light's Heart is literally D3's Tyrael.. As much as I'd like the idea of double agent Kil'jaedan.. It's Tyrael, he came to warn us and help us against the 'real evil'.. Boring as shit, but well - Blizzard's storytelling at it's finest.
    In germany, 16 year olds write better fanfictions than the writers who write for Blizz.

Blizz should hire more germans.

In the end, everything is fine, Genn will apologize for what he did with Sylvanas because she is Sylvanas and never did something wrong and it was all Genns fault to begin with or be corrupted if he doesn't get it, Anduin will be the greatest and wisest King Stormwind ever had because he excuses every action of the Horde, everyone who doesn't likes the Horde is punished and we have won against the Legion without sacrificing something or any plot point that could make the Players feel bad or not allmighty. Just like in any other Addon. Half othe the Story will probably be skipped, so Blizzard has the ressources to add something with Tumblr in the game.
    You're forgetting the part where Anduin the 18 year old has to lead the 20,000 year old Night Elves into war and lead the 50,000 year old Draenei in war in the name of the Light and Naaru while at the same time forging peace with the Horde and becoming the wisest and most powerful person in all of Azeroth. Orcs and Trolls will remain cannon-fodder, dwarves and gnomes will remain comic relief. Worgen and Undead will go back to being nobody's once Genn and Sylvanas die because we all know Genn and Sylvanas are the only Worgen and Undead in the game.

But Anduin is not without friends! He will be accompanied by his powerful human Mage sidekick Jaina. His powerful human Mage advisor Khadgar. His powerful human paladin comrade Turalyon. And his incredibly gifted friend Wrathion the dragon disguised as a human.

So KJ sent us Light's Heart so we could receive and interpret Xe'ra's message (this is vital for this plan to work) while at the same time sending Rakeesh to kill the only Naaru that could help us interpret the message.

And then Khadgar comes and tells us that the Tear of Elune might also work. Which we need to get by killing Ysera and making Elune herself shed a new tear because Xavius (acting as an agent of the Burning Legion, even if his true alliance is with the Old Gods) stole the original tear right from before our eyes.

This plan would be worse than Loki letting himself get captured by the Avengers. Far worse.
    He'd be counting on us deciphering the message while doing everything in his power to stop us from doing so.

Deleted
    And I don't think that combining Fel with Light would be a good Idea. Undeads already suffering a hell lots of pain while they cast Light.
    OMG you didn't even read my comment, did you? Combining Fel and Light, this is what you read, what are you blind? Seriously you lost the argument buddy. First you read the comment, then you respond. You know what don't even bother to respond to this one because you won't read it either.
    Last edited by mmoc3173ec4c4d; 2016-09-23 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    A falling star in the west leads me to an underwater cave near Stormheim...

Deleted
    Also the fact UD, DH and DK don't become a puddle when they get touched by a naa'ru.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    You're forgetting the part where Anduin the 18 year old has to lead the 20,000 year old Night Elves into war and lead the 50,000 year old Draenei in war in the name of the Light and Naaru while at the same time forging peace with the Horde and becoming the wisest and most powerful person in all of Azeroth. Orcs and Trolls will remain cannon-fodder, dwarves and gnomes will remain comic relief. Worgen and Undead will go back to being nobody's once Genn and Sylvanas die because we all know Genn and Sylvanas are the only Worgen and Undead in the game.

But Anduin is not without friends! He will be accompanied by his powerful human Mage sidekick Jaina. His powerful human Mage advisor Khadgar. His powerful human paladin comrade Turalyon. And his incredibly gifted friend Wrathion the dragon disguised as a human.
    And Baine as the Token Tauren?

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    OMG you didn't even read my comment, did you? Combining Fel and Light, this is what you read, what are you blind? Seriously you lost the argument buddy. First you read the comment, then you respond. You know what don't even bother to respond to this one because you won't read it either.
    Are you salty because I pointed out how stupid the Idea of Illidan as the Child of Light and Darkness is? That is not who he is, that is not why people like him. Instead of turning him into this, you could kill him and put Med'an in his place, it would be the same story.

Eh, I don't buy it. Yes, Kil'jaeden is a skilled deceiver, but I think that someone - Khadgar or Velen, in particular - would've picked up on the fact that it had some kind of fel taint, or that it wasn't truly of the Light.

The closest parallel I can think of is how Kil'jaeden deceived Ner'zhul, but the thing about that is that Ner'zhul was an unsuspecting victim. We, on the other hand, are in the opposite situation - we're hunting down dreadlords left and right, we know what the Legion is, we're aware of Kil'jaeden, and we're in the middle of a war with them. I have a hard time believing that Kil'jaeden could convincingly imitate a Naaru (and a Naaru-related object) in the presence of a bajillion people who would probably be able to sense whether or not it was legit.

In any case, Illidan's soul is running around somewhere in the nether, and the Legion already has his body. It's hard to believe that doing the stuff that Xe'ra wants us to do would leave Kil'jaeden in a better position to get his hands on Illidan.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. It is assumed that it was sent by the Army of Light, not the Legion.

2. They focused their attention on the Naaru remaining that could access it's contents. Once the naaru was gone they assumed it was just a useless hunk of crystal.

3. It wasn't for Khadgar, it was for anyone on Azeroth. Turalyon knew the key to Light's Heart was on Azeroth with Velen.

4. OK, we know Kil'Jaden hates Velen and wants revenge for him leaving.

5. Illidan's story has always been comlicated. He has never been shown to be loyal to the Legion in any way. We don't know if they want his soul or just his body.

6. I have not done the Demon hunter class story but lets remember that their class halls is still on the Legion world that they captured it on.

7. Illidan isn't called a hero of light, he referred to as a child of light and shadow. He is where he has always been, in the middle capable of choosing either side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    7. Illidan isn't called a hero of light, he referred to as a child of light and shadow. He is where he has always been, in the middle capable of choosing either side.
    YEEES that

finally a person that can see logic

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Actually, this is a really solid theory, unlike the "Jaina is a dreadlord" thing people keep shouting out, or the idea that Khadgar is really Medivh.

It would be far more interesting if the OP was right, and there's definitely reason to think it could be true.
    Nobody... actually believes Jaina is a Dreadlord tho, do they?

And... well, yea its more compelling than Illidan-choosen-one but... i still think it makes no real sense. It seems to be a bit... gimmicky if you know what i mean. To convoluted, Deceiver or not. I mean it might? But it feels far fetched so far... The evidence is kind of as much an evidence as "Fossilfuel can't melt stealbeams.". We will see!
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.