Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The following races do not worship or care all that much about the titans.

Humans, Night Elves, Worgen, Draenei, the entire Horde.

War is a pretty good theme that would have fit warriors perfectly. Its even in the name. Its not a difficult concept and no other class capitalizes on it.
    What do you exactly mean by war? Battle? Like just have a stream of cannon fodder constantly getting killed by demons while you sit behind and "plan"?

Also all the races know of the titans and have been actively trying to uncover Titan artifacts and I also said believe not just worship.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    What do you exactly mean by war? Battle? Like just have a stream of cannon fodder constantly getting killed by demons while you sit behind and "plan"?

Also all the races know of the titans and have been actively trying to uncover Titan artifacts and I also said believe not just worship.
    I suppose at this point all the races know the ancients exist and have been around long enough to be connected to everyone, so warriors should have clearly had their class hall in Val'Sharah where they could worship the ancients (ironically, this would have been a much keener fit than Odynn and the Titans, since the ancients fit many races and are connected to many, while the titans are not connected with any horde race, and barely any alliance).

Titans are a very very bad fit for warrior and warrior races since there is very little connection there. At most they are connected to humans, gnomes, and dwarves. Going from my prior example, the Ancients are connected to Night Elves, Worgen, Tauren, Trolls, Orcs, Blood Elves (to a lesser extent), and Pandaren.

And by war I mean what I said. War. Like people training, sparring, going over plans of battle, sharing war stories, preparing weapons of war, forging weapons and armor. A place of strength, of equals. The barracks, the battlefield, the war camp, the impregnable keep, the camp at the edge of the field of battle. No magic.

Not abunch of none-playable races wishing they could be golems and paladins as they bend their knee to a giant douchebag who doesnt fight his own battles. Who goes on about valor while being one of the least valorous people of Azeroth. Not a flying golden light bathed blatantly magic castle in the sky.

So long as blizzard is reusing assets for warriors, a good thing warriors could have had was a Ravencrest themed barracks. Since Ravencrest keep it full of wartime implements and doodads.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post

First off, the Valarjar work for Odyn, not us. They really aren't our followers so much as doing what he says. This might be considered semantics, but it's still in stark contrast with the setting of every other class hall in which the members of that order expressly follow the player.
    I don't see anything wrong here, Odyn is a Wacher and the Prime Designate originally. Probably the only uncorrupted one aside from Tyr. Dude is a bit unbalanced with what he did to Helya, but he'd have been just like Tyr without a darkside I guess. He had a vision and got the job done, I kinda respect that. In the end, all classes are working for Azeroth against the Legion/Void Lords. I seriously have no problem being the direct agent of a Titanic Watcher, rather than the champion of my order.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Second, and more importantly, what do you define as a "Warrior"? If you're using it in the broad sense of the word, sure the Valarjar might be considered "warriors" (aka fighters), but if you're defining it by the class, they really aren't. Just take a look around - many of them don't even wear plate, and we can tell their true classes inside the Halls of Valor instance as those "Valarjar" who don't even wear plate clearly are not warriors - they are also psuedo-Shaman, Hunters and what more closely resemble Paladins.

You can handwave and say they are "warriors" simply because they swing weapons around, but that really doesn't mean they are connected with the Warrior class as we know it what so ever. They quite simply do not. In short: The Order for Warriors is the Valarjar, that does not mean that the Valarjar themselves are Warriors.
    They don't work or care for the "light" , they don't care about the balance in nature or elements, they only wish to fight and die glorious deaths. Their entire culture revolves around prowess in war. Some of them might not be warriors in a class/ability sense, but they are warriors in heart. Semantics or not, I don't see any reason why they (or the spirits of other classes who proved their glory in battle) shouldn't be in Skyhold.

What Blizz should have added are the warriors of Azerothian past, like Anduin Lothar or Grommash Hellscream, to connect it with our story. I think they scrapped this idea in alpha (according to this in wiki http://wow.gamepedia.com/Skyhold#Speculation ) but I see no reason why some of those figures still not in the story to be added to the warrior hall in future patches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Entirely Vrykul and watchers now.
    No no... I'm fairly certain there's a single monkey from Pandalandia standing on the table there in the "mead hall".

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Can you please tell me how the shado pan and a fucking sewer are connected?
    I don't really understand ? Are the shado pan in the dalaran sewers ?

I'd say they are a secretive clan that use shadows and martial skills to protect their people ? does it count ?

Honestly, I'd like to have seen Fray Island as our class hall. It has great Warrior roots, not tied to one races lore, and we could have a fighting pit.

Though I do have to say, descending from the heavens like a meteor and landing on my face is hilarious.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    As far as I know, this isn't unique to warriors. Hunters as well are as far as I know not the leader of their organization and rather just the leader of their military forces, as well as death knights not becoming the leaders of the Ebon Blade by any stretch of the imagination and instead simply being promoted to Deathlord. I'm sure there are others, but not ever class is the leader of their order; several are not, and are simply given important titles and command of the organization's troops. There's no difference between this and warriors.
    When i did my hunter the literal god of their order, who had not been seen for 10000 years, showed up to give me his blessing during the ceremony to make me leader. I'm pretty sure im THE leader.
    Druids ill give you is abit more were all a team feeling, with you being on par with malfurion/remulos/that other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by axedice View Post
    I don't see anything wrong here, Odyn is a Wacher and the Prime Designate originally. Probably the only uncorrupted one aside from Tyr. Dude is a bit unbalanced with what he did to Helya, but he'd have been just like Tyr without a darkside I guess. He had a vision and got the job done, I kinda respect that. In the end, all classes are working for Azeroth against the Legion/Void Lords. I seriously have no problem being the direct agent of a Titanic Watcher, rather than the champion of my order.
    Idk about that, in fact there've only been two watchers that we know of that have been actually corrupted, but more are being introduced every few months. Certainly the majority of major ones we've seen so far have been uncorrupted.

They don't work or care for the "light" , they don't care about the balance in nature or elements, they only wish to fight and die glorious deaths. Their entire culture revolves around prowess in war. Some of them might not be warriors in a class/ability sense, but they are warriors in heart. Semantics or not, I don't see any reason why they (or the spirits of other classes who proved their glory in battle) shouldn't be in Skyhold.
    I didn't say they shouldn't be in the Skyhold, so I'm not sure what your point is in relation to my argument.

All I said is that the so called "Warrior Class Hall" is wholly centered on the Vrykul, and has nothing to do with Warriors as we know them in WoW/greater Azeroth. Whether or not you personally define them as warriors or not is irrelevant, it's still a sub-faction which has no relation with the rest of us. This is evidenced even by your own example of wishing to fight and die a glorious death, which is certainly not at the forefront of every other Warrior culture.

Again, Warrior the class =! the descriptor warrior.

What Blizz should have added are the warriors of Azerothian past, like Anduin Lothar or Grommash Hellscream, to connect it with our story. I think they scrapped this idea in alpha (according to this in wiki http://wow.gamepedia.com/Skyhold#Speculation ) but I see no reason why some of those figures still not in the story to be added to the warrior hall in future patches.
    I stated this earlier. They did originally, but they removed them in favor of focusing on the Vrykul story; which again points to the fact that it's all about the Vrykul, not us as Warriors. It's nothing but a glorified quest hub.

The entire theme of the Class Order Halls is to band your class together to face the Legion. Every Hall represents this concept except for the Warrior one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Honestly, I'd like to have seen Fray Island as our class hall. It has great Warrior roots, not tied to one races lore, and we could have a fighting pit.

Though I do have to say, descending from the heavens like a meteor and landing on my face is hilarious.
    Doesn't really matter where it is TBH, even the Skyhold isn't inherently bad. What fails is the narrative - it has nothing to do with us as Warriors. Hell, according to the story, you (the individual player) are supposed to be the only Warrior there. Odyn specifically says he brought you there because he needs a mortal champion and you're the greatest.

This is another narrative issue, because what do we see when walking around the Skyhold? A whole bunch of other players walking around. Now, obviously to each of us we are the "battlelord", but to others we are supposed to simply be other random members of the class. That's how it's sold to the other classes - your hunter is the leader and when you see other Hunter players they are (to you) simply other Hunters in your Order. That doesn't work for Warriors though, as the story specifically tells you there should be no other Human/Tauren/Orc/etc Warriors there, only Vrykul.

Whether you like it or not isn't the point: The Vrykul lore may be interesting, the Viking homage may be cool, the Skyhold may be beautiful, but the story is a god damn mess.

Deleted
    I just jumped down from Skyhold into Dalaran, crashed, apparently flew through Dalaran like a missile and landed somewhere in northern Azsuna.

First time this happened. Would be amusing without the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    It's getting more and more annoying each day. I love randomly wasting tenths of minutes just because of a single bug.

Going to my class hall before leaving for Stormwind? Haha, no, you won't land back in Dalaran, get that disconnection and land in Azsuna.
    Trying to use our class hall as a shortcut, like going quickly to M Hall of Valors? Nah, get dc and land in Azsuna. Oh you think you can try again? Naaaaaah, just get dc twice in a row and go back to Azsuna.

I haven't seen even a single blue post aknowledging this issue, let alone any ETA on fixing it. Is Blizzard even aware of it? Is it affecting some people specifically or are you all so used to getting forgotten by Blizzard that you don't even complain about completely broken things anymore?
    Sounds like you've got a connection problem.