Checked both presumed Arthas tomb and throne of Terenas. Sadly, nothing is there.

Today my search continues though. Will keep you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Did you wait in the throneroom till the sound from the WC3 cinematic played?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornment View Post
    Did you wait in the throneroom till the sound from the WC3 cinematic played?
    I waited till the Frost hidden passive procced, which takes a while. Nothing much.

If there's going to be anything related to Terenas, wait will we get chapter 4 in the Libram of the Dead. That's when it mentions Arthas killing pops.
    Last edited by mmoc350bad3c21; 2016-09-23 at 11:45 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    I waited till the Frost hidden passive procced, which takes a while. Nothing much.

If there's going to be anything related to Terenas, wait will we get chapter 4 in the Libram of the Dead. That's when it mentions Arthas killing pops.
    You can read all the parts from here: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Libram_of_the_Dead no need to wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhaus View Post
    You can read all the parts from here: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Libram_of_the_Dead no need to wait.
    I meant wait in game. If it really is gated behind AK and has something to do with Terenas, it'll only activate when we could read about it in game.

Maybe someone with Chapter 4 on the beta/ptr could have a look around the throne room?
    Last edited by mmoc350bad3c21; 2016-09-23 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Also, what is this npc for? http://www.wowhead.com/npc=95941/arthas
    Wasnt he inside frostmourne shards? during obtaining frost artifact? Or was it different npc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Wasnt he inside frostmourne shards? during obtaining frost artifact? Or was it different npc?
    Arthas as we see him in CoS (replace his hammer with Frostmourne) was, yes.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Looked around as unholy, then frost, then killed myself and ran around as a ghost. Nothing there. AK4.
    aw damnit

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthro View Post
    What about our rival from the starting zone? The one we kill during the Icecrown Glacier questing? I personally don't think that there will be anything outside of Broken Isles unless we're directed there from something that starts in Broken Isles. I also kinda think as soon as we stop looking someone is gonna find it and it will be all over everywhere.
    I can't recall a rival, who do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    I'd like to point you at the Retadin artifact skin, which only connects to current content in the mid-stages.
    I think ret hidden is special because it's like "the oldest" skin/weapon (I hope you get what I mean) and there were rumours how to get ashbringer
    while the others were either in npc hands or were just made for legion

Quote Originally Posted by Althanos View Post
    I messaged the guy after he made that comment a few days ago and asked him who he was talking about (whether it be Teron or some of the other from first gen or some of the second gen DK's) but got no reply. I searched all over Nethergarde Keep but couldn't find any sign of the one you are speaking of. I was planning a trip to Shadowmoon Valley, but this gives me a little more of a vector.

Edit: Nothing really remarkable about Altar of Shadows
    first gen was teron and other orc souls transfered to dead human bodies
    second gen is arthas alone (and he didn't die to become a dk)
    third gen are we who got raised by arthas or kel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    first gen was teron and other orc souls transfered to dead human bodies
    second gen is arthas alone (and he didn't die to become a dk)
    third gen are we who got raised by arthas or kel
    Would that make Nazgrim, Thoras and Whitemane (and any other unnamed newly ressed DKs, if there are any) fourth gen, as they weren't ressed by the LK?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Would that make Nazgrim, Thoras and Whitemane (and any other unnamed newly ressed DKs, if there are any) fourth gen, as they weren't ressed by the LK?
    dunno what the official way is but imo it could be either this way:
    bolvar being the only 4th gen
    new horsemen 5th gen becuase raised by the new LK

Or:
    bolvar also being 2nd gen (because he didn't die to get Dk abilities or got his soul transefered)
    new horsemen gen 3 because raised after they died

I think it's the second one because of the way how they became dks

someone should ask Lore on twitter or on the official forums
    Last edited by rarhyx; 2016-09-23 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typos

10+ Year Old Account
    dunno what the official way is but imo it could be either this way:
    bolvar being the only 4th gen
    new horsemen 5th gen becuase raised by the new LK

Or:
    bolvar also being 2nd gen (because he didn't die to get Dk abilities or got his soul transefered)
    new horsemen gen 3 because raised after they died

I think it's the second one because of they way how the became dks

someone should ask Lore on twitter or on the official forums
    Good point, thinking on it, the latter of your options does make more sense.

Summoned Aboms until I got FesterGut, used it to kill RotFace then did the reverse of that and killed prof put with RotFace only. Nothing yet, I'm a fool for trying.

Doing more digging on wowhead... we got 2 versions of Alexandros Mograine added in Legion:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=91078/hig...ndros-mograine
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=90958/hig...ndros-mograine

with different outfits, one is marked as humanoid ans the second as undead. Also there are also these spells:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=180978/...raine-defeated
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=180922/...raine-defeated
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=180920/...graine-avenged

And surprise avenging mograine is connected to:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=90951/renault-mograine

Also added in Legion.
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Not only alexandros was added, the whole old 4 horsemen were added in 7.0.1 with new outfits. For example http://www.wowhead.com/npc=91275/thane-korthazz#outfit

Bolvar, the new Lich King, is not a Death Knight. Nor was Ner'zhul. The first Death Knight was Teron Gorefiend and his comrades and they were made by putting orc souls into human bodies and given powers with their truncheons. The second kind was like Arthas, the Lich King specifically bestowed powers upon them. You may consider Arthas different since he didn't die immediately but wandered the wastes of Northrend with Frostmourne until he died but didn't stop walking. Then there's us who the Lich King raised from the dead himself with Frostmourne. Next are the Death Knights that we raise, the new Lich King didn't raise them, we did ourselves.

I can't recall a rival, who do you mean?
    http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=Orbaz+Bloodbane

Taking it back to the:

Pst... go to the resting place of the first "true" unholy dk. there you'll find your first step
    I know how it looks like, but the poster in his history seemed to engage in many serious conversations, regarding politics, economics, and I didn't find a trace of trolling in his posting history. This weird clue seems just... weird.

So it would be stupid to at least not check it. But there is one problem. I don't know where this resting place is. After thinking it all through - no, the tomb in Stormwind can't be of Arthas. They would never bury him in such prominent place.

But what did they do with body? In all forum posts from the last 6 years, no location was determined. Tomb of Arthas doesn't exist. But they HAD to do something with the body.

So, does anybody have any knowledge on that matter?

Alexandros Mograine, Paladin, Holiest Warrior there was fallen to become a Death Knight. That could be counted as a pretty unholy DK.
    So I tried to find something connected to the Mograines.
    Went to Eastern Plaguelands, LHC, Naxxramas and Stratholme (both wings). Did not find a thing. Gonna check Scarlett Monastery and their base in Western Plaguelands next.

Edit: I have to mention I did only check the military wing and Kel.

Doing all of this with AK4
    Last edited by Tornment; 2016-09-23 at 02:35 PM.

Have we considered that either the Frost or Unholy breadcrumbs are gated behind Champion level or ilvl ? I've tried keeping up with the thread and I don't recall seeing that suggested before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Taking it back to the:

I know how it looks like, but the poster in his history seemed to engage in many serious conversations, regarding politics, economics, and I didn't find a trace of trolling in his posting history. This weird clue seems just... weird.

So it would be stupid to at least not check it. But there is one problem. I don't know where this resting place is. After thinking it all through - no, the tomb in Stormwind can't be of Arthas. They would never bury him in such prominent place.

But what did they do with body? In all forum posts from the last 6 years, no location was determined. Tomb of Arthas doesn't exist. But they HAD to do something with the body.

So, does anybody have any knowledge on that matter?
    I agree with this. Regardless of whether or not the user was legit, it makes sense to check the resting place of the first unholy DK. I wonder what he means by "true" unholy dk. Was Teron Gorefiend "true"? Or Arthas? Or the first DK Arthas Ress'd?

As an aside, I'm getting real tired of people saying "don't look outside the isles, the pally skin MUST be the ONLY one from outside the Isles!". You don't know that. You've made a huge logical leap. You may be correct, but you may not be, and we shouldn't proceed based on "maybes". Yes, I get that corrupted ashbringer is in a league of its own. No, that does NOT mean that it's the only one outside of Broken Isles. It may well turn out to be that way, but please stop taking it for granted.

Wasn't Teron Gorefiend killing in Black Temple? Anyone try looking there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mourninglori View Post
    I agree with this. Regardless of whether or not the user was legit, it makes sense to check the resting place of the first unholy DK. I wonder what he means by "true" unholy dk. Was Teron Gorefiend "true"? Or Arthas? Or the first DK Arthas Ress'd?

As an aside, I'm getting real tired of people saying "don't look outside the isles, the pally skin MUST be the ONLY one from outside the Isles!". You don't know that. You've made a huge logical leap. You may be correct, but you may not be, and we shouldn't proceed based on "maybes". Yes, I get that corrupted ashbringer is in a league of its own. No, that does NOT mean that it's the only one outside of Broken Isles. It may well turn out to be that way, but please stop taking it for granted.

Wasn't Teron Gorefiend killing in Black Temple? Anyone try looking there?
    http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...t-death-knight check this out