Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A good idea is to not loot at all in the dungeon and have the postmaster mail everything to you after the dungeon is over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    What you need to realize is that you can be nice to people sometimes and maybe if you are lucky people will be nice to you too. And maybe some day you might get a great upgrade because someone decided they didn't need to be selfish and keep it for their offspec which they most likely wouldn't even use.
    Oh, I know that you can do that. And I think it's the "better" approach as well.
    That said, in the end it is still none of your business. And if people prefer to use it for their offspec, they have every right to do so.

Edit: Not sure why you deleted your post.

Quote Originally Posted by imortals View Post
    If i pug and see something drop for my offspec, i just leave it in the boss. and pick it up out of the mail after the dungeon. Just in case of dramatic party.
    That definitely works.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    self entitlement is going to be the end of humanity...
    You just summarized the Bible in one sentence.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Trading personal loot is one of the best changes in recent times IMO.

If you don't like it, you probably aren't playing this game with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Madone View Post
    I sometimes wonder if everyone is playing a different game than me.

I've pugged dozens of 5-mans to test the addon (yes, I'm the "asshole" who created this "cancer") and I have not run into a single toxic response to the addon's recommendations.

Quite the opposite, actually - many people, traders and receivers alike, have expressed appreciation for the addon. Sometimes people ignore the addon altogether, sometimes people say they won't trade loot because they plan on using or DEing it - but never have I seen a negative reaction to that!

I'm not sure if it's a regional thing or a time-of-day thing, but if you're running into people who are toxic about it frequently, then you're running into people that I haven't seen. From what I've seen, the WoW community has matured greatly over the years, and players nowadays are often happy to help strangers! I'm genuinely curious how some people seem to run into toxic behavior so often that it warrants a post about it; sure, toxic behavior happens every now-and-then, but it has been incredibly rare in my pugging experience.

As for the reason I created the addon - no, it wasn't created to encourage people to be assholes to each other. It was created in response to Blizzard's change in 7.0 that made personal loot tradeable since (1) I wanted an easy way for my guild to identify and trade loot and (2) I kept running into HFC PUGs where people either didn't know loot was tradeable, or didn't have the time to look through 20+ people to figure out who their loot may be an upgrade for!

I haven't used the addon, but I like the idea and will likely try it out, so thanks for your efforts! I also enjoy watching the rest of these maroons argue about silly things like this so thanks again
    Last edited by gtfo_my_internets; 2016-09-23 at 11:58 AM.

Just dont loot and let everything get mailed to you. Best way to combat this cancer culture of wow pugs.

My loot is my loot, I can use it for whatever I want. Offspecc/ different statweight maingear/disenchanting (1k gold! would you trade some random bob 1k gold?)/even vendoring the item (20-50g) is a valid reason to keep items.

Worst case is you are in a group with 4 people of the same guild, why should you give them your items anyway? You wouldnt get their items because they favour their own people.

The addon should get banned by blizzard as it enables harassment it has no other uses it only has toxic uses.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-09-23 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Don't join pugs.
    The solution to every thread bitching about the WoW community.

It's not different from real life at all. Strangers are dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post
    Don't be nice in a group either. The other day, ran a random hc. Completely overgearing it, of course. Some plate legs dropped and I didn't need them. Inspected the other dk and saw it's an upgrade for him, so I traded it. What do I read next? [thatdk] receives item: leylight shard
    Yeah that's so rude! It's almost as if sharded the old item he was previously using..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Even if they might use it, that's for them to decide. They put in the effort of running the dungeon and winning it fairly, so it's their choice to keep or trade the gear, since it's their reward - no one else's.

You can get annoyed with it all you want, but why they want to keep their gear really isn't any of your business.
    Sure, go ahead and keep/hoard all the loot you want, you have the option to do that afterall. But this is the exact reason why the community is toxic as hell, people are so self-centered it's disgusting. I personally rarely keep gear for some shitty offspec unless I use it regulary. The only reason why I wouldn't trade the item away is if the guy is clearly putting in zero effort, else I'll happily hand over epics from mythic dungeons, and I'm even an enchanter myself. Yes that's right, I'd rather give some random dude joy, than adding another 1500ish gold to my pockets, or simply fill my bags with gear I'll 99% never use.

If you're the kind that both tank and dps, or both tank and heal, or both heal and dps, I'm totally fine with you keeping loot, as long as you'd actually make use of the item on a regular basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Just dont loot and let everything get mailed to you. Best way to combat this cancer culture of wow pugs.

My loot is my loot, I can use it for whatever I want. Offspecc/ different statweight maingear/disenchanting (1k gold! would you trade some random bob 1k gold?)/even vendoring the item (20-50g) is a valid reason to keep items.

Worst case is you are in a group with 4 people of the same guild, why should you give them your items anyway? You wouldnt get their items because they favour their own people.

The addon should get banned by blizzard as it enables harassment it has no other uses it only has toxic uses.
    It's funny you call for this addon to be purged since it's "cancer", when in reality the issue is your attitude. This way of thinking is "cancer" as hell for the community.

Btw all this mentioning of "cancer" makes me sad. Do you even realize what cancer is? How horrible a disease it is? My girlfriend has it, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth whenever people use this term to describe the smallest of issues in an online game.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Starting this week I've seen some people on mythics using an addon that notifies on party chat if people can trade the loot or not. I got a random 850 trinket wich was pretty good for my offspec, then people started bitching on me because the addon told them that the trinket wasn't an upgrade and I didn't want to trade it, then they kicked me from the group. I seriously don't understand why shit like this exists.

I use the add-on only to let people know if someone can use it for an upgrade or not. It cuts down on people asking it in chat.

If people don't want to trade that is up to them and doesn't bother me any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Why does the addon need to exist if its sole purpose is to give loot whores an easier means to harass their groupmates? Mythic dungeons are still personal loot, right? Personal means the drop is MINE unless I determine I don't need it. Loot whores didn't give it to me. RNG need/greed rolls didn't give it to me. It wouldn't exist for any of the other 4 players if it hadn't dropped for ME in my PERSONAL loot.

So what is the benefit of the addon, then? It's true that the assholes in the group are the problem, but the addon is helping them to be bigger assholes. So I'd say it still qualifies as "cancer".

because some people aren't assholes that only think of themselves and don't mind trading.

Now, I don't think all people that don't trade are assholes. Just people like you.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A suggestion to counter this problem:

Tell them you won the item with the bonus roll from a loot coin and act all apologetic. Items won this way cannot be traded so as far as they're concerned, your hands are tied.

Also this is entirely a problem with asshole players:

1) Several posters have pointed out situations where the addon is genuinely useful.
    2) The addon doesn't allow people to do anything they couldn't do without it, it just makes it easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    A suggestion to counter this problem:

Tell them you won the item with the bonus roll from a loot coin and act all apologetic. Items won this way cannot be traded so as far as they're concerned, your hands are tied.

Also this is entirely a problem with asshole players:

1) Several posters have pointed out situations where the addon is genuinely useful.
    2) The addon doesn't allow people to do anything they couldn't do without it, it just makes it easier.

Coins only work in raids and WB's?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Coins only work in raids and WB's?
    TBH I haven't gone into any mythic dungeons with any coins this expansion so I can't confirm that they work. However they could be used in WoD, so I based my assumption on that. I stand to be corrected though if things have indeed changed.

edit It appears they do still work for mythic dungeon bosses
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2016-09-23 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    TBH I haven't gone into any mythic dungeons with any coins this expansion so I can't confirm that they work. However they could be used in WoD, so I based my assumption on that. I stand to be corrected though if things have indeed changed.

I can't confirm or deny mythic either.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    I can't confirm or deny mythic either.
    I just thought to check wowhead. They do work in mythics

Deleted
    I can confirm, they do work in mythic. Not sure if it is intended but I got a pop-up for a bonus roll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Installed this addon the other day after reading the OP and his complaining. Been doing random heroics as a healer and its been refreshing that 90% of the time this addon posts to chat, the people involved actually take the time to swap the gear in a nice, respectful way. Have gotten a few compliments on it, and I make sure to tell them which addon it is.

In my experiences so far its been the opposite of cancer.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    You really need a spamming add-on to coordinate with your guildmates and optimize your raid gear ?
    Do you really need any addon to play the game? No. As I said, it's useful. Not required. And you can set it to not spam.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    The problem is (as I understand it) : the add-on doesn't tell you if your loot would fit to another party member.
    It tells the others that you don't seem to need your loot.
    I believe it does both. Also, you can set the addon to output to yourself only, rather than spamming instance chat with every drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    I can confirm, they do work in mythic. Not sure if it is intended but I got a pop-up for a bonus roll.
    Seeing that they did work in WoD Mythics as well, I would strongly suppose it is intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a good tool especially for guilds and groups of friends that are willing to give each other loot if it's are upgrade. But just like damage meters, it's a rend good tool that gets misused by idiots. The cancer of our community is these idiots.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Did you inspect him after the DE to see if he swapped the item? I've gotten 850s that are worse itemized than 830s... you may be jumping to bad conclusions.
    Of course I did. I managed to right-click -> inspect before trade, and I managed to do it again after he disenchanted.