Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Now that homogenization is being reverted there's tons of new niches new classes could fill. I don't think new classes are infeasible for Blizzard to balance anymore.

And turning more classes into hybrids doesn't sound fun to me either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Not everyone can, more pure classes would be terrible for queues though.
    No it wouldn't. New classes with new roles doesn't change queues at all. Lazy DPSers will always be lazy DPSers. We just got the 3rd new tank class in a row and there's STILL a tank shortage. All a new pure DPS class would do is make a lazy hunter reroll into a lazy whatever new class it is.

After the one comment.
    They wont happen
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    I got talking about this on voice chat with some guildies the other night.

It seems more viable than adding entirely new classes from a design effort perspective - especially given the complexity / abilities cull that the legion pre-patch brought. I dont think every class needs an extra spec right away though, I think Shamans and Warlocks could use a tanking spec (mail/cloth tanks yay!) and a hunter healer class (based around salves or engineering type gubbins) would be neat.

Selfishly, I'd LOVE to see a 2H Shaman tanking spec, running some kind of regenerating Earth Shield based mechanic perhaps. (I still think not making the doomhammer a 2hander for enhancement Shamans in legion like they did with the Holy Paladin weapons was a massive missed opportunity!)

I'd also like to see some more race/class combo's - I love my druid, but I bloody hate being stuck with only Trolls or Tauren as horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bompton View Post
    Currently reading Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde book and it references him as a shadow hunter several times. It got me thinking what class or spec that would be in game? I always thought he was a shaman but hey ho I don't know THAT much about lore so honest mistake.

So then I was thinking a 4th spec for rogue or hunter maybe?

Druids have 4 specs as an exception already.

Many suggestions for new classes overlap current classes, for example Necromancer and warlock/DK.

So is 4th specs a possibility I wonder?

Could make up lots just off the top, ranged holy priest DPS, shaman tank, gladiator warrior, warlock ranged tank etc etc.

What say you?
    I would say only if it makes sense. Like for druids. I don't think they would roll out new specs for every class all at once.

The druid argument is a weak one. It isn't like they had a 4th spec added. Rather when they had feral split to the current feral and guardian the sspec was nerfed and the had less. Adding a 4th spec to 11 classes is just silly and certainly not needed. They would end up making some pretty boring or generic specs just to give everyone a 4th option.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Many classes sure as hell do NOT need a 4th spec. I hope that, if they add another class, next class is a ranged mail user. No more melee, tanks or leather wearers.

give rogues a tank spec plox

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they do neither... I would prefer Blizzard focus on fixing the existing specs and making them work properly than introducing new ones, or new classes... Class balance is horrendously fucked up right now, and I have no doubts it wouldn't have been this bad if they didn't have to pour so much focus in to making 2 new specs for DH.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I always wanted Shaman to have a 4th spec to tank. It could be based on the Earth elements. I think it would fit the class nicely and they can already use shields so why not? Earth Shield or something new as their tank "stance" maybe make their tanking all about absorbs and some small self healing through healing wave or something. I love the Shaman aesthetics and it's my favourite class but it's only ever relegated as an alt as I enjoy tanking in dungeons and raids. I would main it in a heartbeat if they did this.

I hope not. There's far too many that barely function as it is. Blizzard has shown they can't keep on top of what they have so fucking please stop adding more.

There's more potential in having a new class (or even 3-4 new classes) then adding a 4th spec.

The limitation with having another spec choice is that you play one spec at any given time. The amount of work put into adding more specs wouldn't feel like much for the player who is already comfortable with their class' identity. The only time it matters is the flex period when a player explores other specs to see what options they have. Specs are gameplay exclusive, and it's not likely that people will make alts of the same class for their specs.

Compare this to creating an alt of another class. All your progress is tied to that character; the gear you obtain, the spells you use, the stats you optimize for. It's a better package overall. Even if you aren't the type to create alts, the concept of a new class is easier to sell than adding 4th specs that would only work to 'fill in the gaps' for existing classes.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-09-23 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Many classes sure as hell do NOT need a 4th spec. I hope that, if they add another class, next class is a ranged mail user. No more melee, tanks or leather wearers.
    Agreed. Also it's kind of hard to imagine that we'd get 4th spec after DHs only got 2.

Tinkers make the most sense at this stage. Gnome/Goblin only, can easily wear mail, and can easily be ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    rogues need a tank spec where we use spears and jump around like dragoons from final fantasy 4
    weeee!