Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    NM is much stronger than SW. Both generate about the same AP, and NM does almost 140% more damage.

Hey Gebuz, what are you finding to be the most optimum loudout for xavius? Im feeling that with so many packs and movement stellar drift might be decent. Also, for nightmare dragons, how are you dealing with the 60yd range in mythic ? I noticed in your guide you say you out range it but I cant imagine that being correct only for heroic and normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharahh View Post
    Hey Gebuz, what are you finding to be the most optimum loudout for xavius? Im feeling that with so many packs and movement stellar drift might be decent. Also, for nightmare dragons, how are you dealing with the 60yd range in mythic ? I noticed in your guide you say you out range it but I cant imagine that being correct only for heroic and normal.
    For normal/hc Xavius I'd go for Starlord/Stellar Flare/AC/NB. I don't see why you'd ever cast starfall on that fight, adds in phase 2 die too fast, and adds in phase 3 are pure padding. You could try going FoE for the big add in phase one, but it is wasted in phase 2 and 3. For dragons, just outrange one. When you need to, run into range of the other one to apply dots, then back to your own dragon.

Deleted
    Hello there,

first of all i gotta thank you alot for your work. helped alot, appreciated alot. good job, keep it runnin

is there a chance for haste capping out so that it is more wise to choose another stat then like crit or versatillity due to haste loosing to much value?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mockingowl View Post
    Hello there,

first of all i gotta thank you alot for your work. helped alot, appreciated alot. good job, keep it runnin

is there a chance for haste capping out so that it is more wise to choose another stat then like crit or versatillity due to haste loosing to much value?
    For single target, yes, depending on your legendaries you'll want some amount of crit, vers and mastery aswell. However for multi target, haste stays king regardless of how much you have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    For single target, yes, depending on your legendaries you'll want some amount of crit, vers and mastery aswell. However for multi target, haste stays king regardless of how much you have.
    okay for starters, how do those numbers look for singletarget, asuming i got no legendaries? (i realy got non)

!cheers

Deleted
    I can't say, it depends on your gear, but generally if you just go for haste > crit > vers > mastery and don't sacrifice too much ilvl, you should be good, the stats should balance out on their own. Unless the item is horribly itemized, 10 ilvl or a socket usually beats having the perfect stats.

Deleted
    I can't say, it depends on your gear, but generally if you just go for haste > crit > vers > mastery and don't sacrifice too much ilvl, you should be good, the stats should balance out on their own. Unless the item is horribly itemized, 10 ilvl or a socket usually beats having the perfect stats.
    alright, thank you for the reply.

Gebuz,

Any updates coming for Xavius as to spec/strat? I am really interested on your take of the encounter.

Also, comparing the two single target specs going out there Bota vs . AC - I am finding AC to be much better for 90% of the fights (as you've picked in your guide). I have however seen Bota being picked often on Warcraft logs. What are your thoughts?

For me, I find running AC allows for better focused burst on adds and movement management. The only exception where Bota might be better is for a pure turret fight (which I can not really find any of other than maybe Nythendra)

Few notes on Twisted Wind also seems to be a bit iffy - the cyclones do not stay in one place, rather they fan out into alarger and larger circle so eventually they do not hit anything at all, so really the "10"seconds of being aroudn is in fact more closer to 7. It did well on my logs though for Nythendra (3%) but surprisingly not very well on AoE like ilggonyth (1.43%) or Ursoc (~1.53%)!

As a side, I did not realise your spec recommendations are for mythic -- so many times I am expecting adds in , for example, heroic ursoc, only to find nothing comes and have FoE a more than wasted talent XD
    Last edited by Kharahh; 2016-09-23 at 03:42 AM.

Deleted
    For heroic Xavius I would recommend Starlord/StFl/AC/NB. Alternatively if you plan on getting corrupted you can go with INC/FoE.
    Twisting Winds proc got a huge nerf wednesday, I haven't updated sims to reflect that yet.
    As for AC vs. BotA, I would never recommend going BotA unless you don't want to deal with having to press a CD. I think a lot of people are running it because it is an easier option, and they are basically even on a fight like HC nythendra.

If you aren't taking FoE on Cenarias, because your tanks have happy feet, is the suggested spec FoN/Inc/SS/NBA, assuming no legendary (whomp whomp)?

I wouldn't take FoE regardless to be honest. It can provide some decent-ish burst, but it's too much effort for little to no gain, since the cleave is rather limited in the fight.

Deleted
    Hello there,

I understand we need to stack haste as much as possible, but is there any soft cap ?

I'm currently at 23% haste 15% crit 42% mastery and 4% vers

When we pull boss with BL i feel like its too much haste !

What do you think about it, and what is a good crit number to go ? I have too much mastery sadly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by feralover View Post
    Hello there,

I understand we need to stack haste as much as possible, but is there any soft cap ?

I'm currently at 23% haste 15% crit 42% mastery and 4% vers

When we pull boss with BL i feel like its too much haste !

What do you think about it, and what is a good crit number to go ? I have too much mastery sadly
    there is no "cap", but for pure single target you want somewhat balanced stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darmal View Post
    If you aren't taking FoE on Cenarias, because your tanks have happy feet, is the suggested spec FoN/Inc/SS/NBA, assuming no legendary (whomp whomp)?
    I'd take Stellar Flare you can cleave on adds and roots.

Thank you for the response. Makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you go into a little detail on the process you used in SimC to come to the stat weights listed in the Pawn String? When simming on my character (Skullfall - Kargath US) in a Light Movement scenario, using current gear and talents, I end up with these weights:

Int 7.56
    Crit 5.16
    Haste 3.99
    Mastery 5.14
    Vers 5.56

Which are of course vastly different than your current weights. Am I doing something incorrectly?

Deleted
    Thank you for the response. Makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you go into a little detail on the process you used in SimC to come to the stat weights listed in the Pawn String? When simming on my character (Skullfall - Kargath US) in a Light Movement scenario, using current gear and talents, I end up with these weights:

Int 7.56
    Crit 5.16
    Haste 3.99
    Mastery 5.14
    Vers 5.56

Which are of course vastly different than your current weights. Am I doing something incorrectly?
    I used equal amounts of all secondary stats, so if you have 10k haste you'll likely get those results from simming single target. For single target stacking everything in one secondary stat is wrong for pretty much every class, you want your stats to be somewhat balanced and just prio ilvl. For aoe, however, haste is king (try simming 3 target with Stellar Flare).

I see, so because most of my gear is haste/crit, I would get less incremental value on ST by adding a haste/crit piece than a crit/versatility piece.

Even knowing this, does the general state weight, and advice "stack haste, get crit, and avoid mastery" still apply going forward, or should I look at some crit/versatility or versatility/mastery pieces?

Again thank you for your time responding.

Deleted
    yo gebuz, so today i got this trinket, Vindictive gladiator's insignia of dominance at ilvl 845 - 915 vers and chance to increase int by 3178 for 20 secs on damage or heal. any chance you could sim the gladiator trinket in your list because the proc really doesnt seem terrible if it procs often enough

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleman View Post
    yo gebuz, so today i got this trinket, Vindictive gladiator's insignia of dominance at ilvl 845 - 915 vers and chance to increase int by 3178 for 20 secs on damage or heal. any chance you could sim the gladiator trinket in your list because the proc really doesnt seem terrible if it procs often enough
    It should perform similarly to a stat stick of the same ilvl. If you want to know for sure I'm afraid you'll have to sim it yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

I see, so because most of my gear is haste/crit, I would get less incremental value on ST by adding a haste/crit piece than a crit/versatility piece.

Even knowing this, does the general state weight, and advice "stack haste, get crit, and avoid mastery" still apply going forward, or should I look at some crit/versatility or versatility/mastery pieces?

Again thank you for your time responding.
    Ilvl is still important. I should probably add something along the lines of "without sacrificing too much ilvl".

I used equal amounts of all secondary stats, so if you have 10k haste you'll likely get those results from simming single target. For single target stacking everything in one secondary stat is wrong for pretty much every class, you want your stats to be somewhat balanced and just prio ilvl. For aoe, however, haste is king (try simming 3 target with Stellar Flare).
    Would you choose Hectic Add Cleave to simulate 3 target, or Light Movement with 3 enemies?