Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I hope it isn't Jaina who is corrupted. That would finally reach the point of Alliance bashing in this Addon, after the entirety of Darkshire and the Night's Watch and yet again a Member of the Church of Holy Light were corrupted and we have lost yet again Dalaran into Neutrality, not to forget that the people of Stromgarde are also wiped out, while the Horde lost nothing besides Vol'jin.

And:

Xal'atath whispers: The tauren here are remarkably resilient to corruption, considering their origins.
    Would love to know were the Tauren came from.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Would love to know were the Tauren came from.
    From the yaungol the well of eternity changed them in similar manner than the trolls were changed into elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    From the yaungol the well of eternity changed them in similar manner than the trolls were changed into elves.
    What gave you that idea? No, the Yaungol were seperated from our Tauren during the sundering. They are an offshot. Nothing more.

I DO wonder about the Tauren tho. In fact their origin is pretty much unknown and we just know they exist as long as the Night-Elves do while having a far less detailed history written down. The Quest in which you hulksmash half the Legion was actually lore long before Legion and thats i believe as far as their history goes in detail with some storys hinting on older events left and right like the birth of Cenarius. We don't really know their origin... and thats funny because there is nothing indicating that its surprising the Tauren of Mulgore and on are not all corrupt... Im really looking forward to hear what this means.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2016-09-23 at 02:55 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    What gave you that idea? No, the Yaungol were seperated from our Tauren during the sundering. They are an offshot. Nothing more.
    Chronicle retconned the pandaria bid and made yaungol the original.

7+ Year Old Account

I DO wonder about the Tauren tho. In fact their origin is pretty much unknown and we just know they exist as long as the Night-Elves do while having a far less detailed history written down. The Quest in which you hulksmash half the Legion was actually lore long before Legion and thats i believe as far as their history goes in detail with some storys hinting on older events left and right like the birth of Cenarius. We don't really know their origin... and thats funny because there is nothing indicating that its surprising the Tauren of Mulgore and on are not all corrupt... Im really looking forward to hear what this means.
    The tauren are the descendants of a bovine race known as the yaungol. Several millennia before the First War, the yaungol roamed central Kalimdor and lived in peace with the demigod Cenarius, but were eventually driven south due to not wanting to share hunting grounds with the trolls. There, the yaungol were enslaved by the mogu empire and twisted by the mogu flesh-shapers. Though they eventually regained their freedom along with the other slave races during the pandaren revolution, much of their ancient cultural heritage had been lost. Heated arguments led many yaungol to migrate back north. While one group traveled as far north as the Storm Peaks, where they took up the name taunka, the other group settled in the balmy areas surrounding the Well of Eternity. There, they reunited with Cenarius and rediscovered their ancient traditions. Those who studied with Cenarius learned the druidic magic of the natural world, while others mastered the art of wielding shamanic powers. The energies of the Well soon began to change these yaungol into a new race, who would later take up the name "tauren". The taunka, tauren and yaungol retained some contact with one another for many years, but the Great Sundering finally shattered the connections between the tribes.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Tauren#Orig..._early_history

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Chronicle retconned the pandaria bid and made yaungol the original.
    Interesting! ...kind of lame, since they really annoy me by design, but interesting. I just red up on that!

So, allright, Yaungol as the origin race... The riddle still stands tho, but i might be missing something then if i was not up to date on that. Are the Yaungol known to be easily corrupted by old gods to varrant that sentence?

Mhm. Yea, i just red up on that too. Stiiiill not believing (or hoping) that that's the reason.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

I was thinking that line might be referring to Azeroth. It makes more sense that they are filling up Azeroth's 'heart' than Jaina's, unless you want to go the whole LOLJAINAISADREADLORD route.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowblazr View Post
    I was thinking that line might be referring to Azeroth. It makes more sense that they are filling up Azeroth's 'heart' than Jaina's, unless you want to go the whole LOLJAINAISADREADLORD route.
    again, the quote refers to a shattered heart, how you people arent seeing that is beyond me.

it makes perfect sense, jaina suffered A LOT during her life, her heart is now nothing but a crater filled with hatred.

Formerly known as Arafal

Well apparently a lot of people do see, but considering the Azeroth-Deal and knowing that the Planet with the universe-wide-unique magical fountain has now a big, gaping hole in it, shattering the continent of old-kalimdor during the sundering is a living Titan... I too believe this opens up another possibility.

"Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within." - Now if i only knew what spire...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    again, the quote refers to a shattered heart, how you people arent seeing that is beyond me.

it makes perfect sense, jaina suffered A LOT during her life, her heart is now nothing but a crater filled with hatred.
    *cough* vereesa Windrunner *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within." - Now if i only knew what spire...
    the spire is unknown, probably has to do with the "towers of sacrifice" (whatever those are, my bet is that the towers are a place where tentacle monsters sacrifice things! )in ny'alotha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xal'atath (stormheim)
    Do not be impressed by tall icons of the titans which stand here. The towers of sacrifice in Ny'alotha dwarf these pathetic temples.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-09-23 at 03:30 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    the spire is unknown, probably has to do with the "towers of sacrifice" (whatever those are, my bet is that the towers are a place where worshippers sacrifice things )in ny'alotha.
    Ny'alotha next exp confirmed
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

A darkened spire with a hidden, even darker realm beneath it? Gee. Sounds familiar. Kharazan. I am betting Kharazan is this darkened spire. Would also be poetic that the surface spire deals primarily with the Legion (the most overt foe) while the mirrored spire underground deals with the old gods and void, the more subtle and covert foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    So, I haven't been in the Emeral Nightmare yet because I live in the EU and still have to wait a few hours. However, Il'gynoth, one of the bosses in Emerald Nightmare does the whole Old God whisper thingy. He has some interesting lines (courtesy of NeoGAF):

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

So... Thoughts?
    If I understand that correctly... it seems like Magni (king of diamonds) is not talking to Azeroth, but instead is talking to either N'zoth or one of his minions. And the five keys I understand are the Pillars of Creation, which actually seem to be the key to N'zoths prison (which would also explain why Azshara is seeking them, since she is an ally of the Old Gods). The last line I would attribute to Jaina. Which also doesn't bode well.

Any other whispers from him?

Edit:
    Added the last two.

You forgot some more whispers:

All of his whispers:
    Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator.
    To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars
    The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
    The lord of ravens will turn the key.
    The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.
    Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.
    Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.
    At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.

Highlighted the 2 missing ones.

Also, "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming" Sylvanas? Hasn't she been killed twice already? (or died once, and then later killed)
    Last edited by wolphe; 2016-09-23 at 03:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    Also, "At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming" Sylvanas? Hasn't she been killed twice already? (or died once, and then later killed)
    she died 3 times already.

arthas
    icecrown
    bullet in the head.

Formerly known as Arafal

I hadn't seen that whisper before, that would undoubtedly be referencing Sylvanas then not?

Deleted

arthas
    icecrown
    bullet in the head.
    Balnazzar!

arthas
    icecrown
    bullet in the head.
    That's actually true, yes. Arthas made her a Banshee, she killed herself when Arthas was defeated and got shot by Godfrey if i recall, wasn't it?

arthas
    icecrown
    bullet in the head.
    Refresh my memory, how did she die in icecrown? I'm trying to remember but just cant think of it, skimming through her wikki page to see.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's actually true, yes. Arthas made her a Banshee, she killed herself when Arthas was defeated and got shot by Godfrey if i recall, wasn't it?
    yep
    all correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    Refresh my memory, how did she die in icecrown? I'm trying to remember but just cant think of it, skimming through her wikki page to see.
    read edge of night.
    right before the start of the gilneas war she was on top of ice crown citadel on an emo trip.
    she wanted to commit suicide, jumped off and died, the val'kyr brought her back and made the pact with her.

she returned and took over the mess garrosh started with gilneas.

Formerly known as Arafal