Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's no different then 2 people in my guild who always get the rare mount drops while the other 99% never see any after hundreds of runs. RNG is RNG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    The known instances are a samples of what has happened on every server. While you may not care about server raid competition, it is a thing. While it may not affect your picking flowers, playing the AH, battling pets, or running Coren Direbrew for the umpteenth time.

This bug has caused an imbalance, imbalance that can skew raid progression, Mythic+ competition, PvP... etc.. things that are the REASON those people pay money to play this game.

Of course if changes THEIR experience... the real question is why, if it makes no difference to you, do you even care if those people who feel affected by it are trying to get some level of balance restored. Some level of trust that the bug has indeed been fixed properly? Some reassurance that each time they DON'T get a legendary drop it's not due to a bug.

If it doesn't bother you that some people have received 3+ legendaries due to a bug while you haven't gotten one... fine. I perfect respect that. The thing is.. there is a line that people draw. What if you ran dungeons for a whole year, and never got a single drop... but everyone else got a drop off every boss? Then you find out it was because of a bug. It doesn't affect your gameplay.... you still had fun doing hte activity... why should you care if everyone else got loot and you didn't?

I know that is an extreme example... but at what point do you go from caring... to "It's not a big deal?"

All you need to concern yourself with is, obviously to a lot of people the legendary bug IS a big deal even if it isn't to you.
    Blizzard doesn't give 2 fucks about the world first race. It's a fictional competition among guilds. Mythic+ leaderboard clears weekly as well. Blizzard added legendaries for the entire player base.

Plus Legendaries don't work in PVP. The trinkets we get from PVP boxes with on-use? Don't work in PVP. Only world PVP. Nothing works in PVP at all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post

To me it still is random but the chance to get one is REDUCED.
    random means RANDOM. Not weighted. Words actually have meanings. People can't chant "RNG means RANDOM" and the like, then ignore that there's code in there that causes the chance to NOT be purely random. And that code could still have a bug. Given that we've already seen it had one, let's not overestimate the quality of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Nobody is claiming that it is 100% impossible that there is still a bug involved in the legendary drop rates. What we're claiming is what you were taught in third grade science classes: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. One dude getting something that "shouldn't" happen, particularly when it is easily explained how it not only can but should happen hardly rises to that level. It is entirely, 100% possible for the system to be working exactly as intended and still have these anomalies crop up. Welcome to randomness.

Unfortunately, I'm sure not a damn thing I said will convince you because you're dead-set on believing the opposite. ("B-b-b-but there was a bug last time we complained!")
    Which is more likely (based on your own understanding of RNG)... that the "fixed code" may still not be working as intended, or the reports of people getting a 3rd one after the hotfix? What amazes me is the pompous attitude that "some of you" seem to have... and the almost blind faith that Blizz is without error.

The fact of the matter is, people were theorizing there was some sort of bug going on.. and people like you were staunchly stating "No way! RNG is RNG." But, even with all your confidence... Blizzard found that indeed there was a bug.

And yet here you are stating that it is more likely for someone to get 3+ legendaries AFTER the fix than for Blizzard programmers to fuck up twice in a row.

I have to just laugh.

And yet here you are stating that it is more likely for someone to get 3+ legendaries AFTER the fix than for Blizzard programmers to fuck up twice in a row.

I have to just laugh.
    Without sufficient data showing how many people with 2+ legendaries got another after the fix, it's meaningless to argue either way. There's anedoctal evidence at best.

Art by draken4o

Still at least we know Blizzard's "Good Luck" mechanism is flawless.
    I know, right? It's so flawless last expansion I farmed Mythics 5x a week on two different toons (sometimes more if I felt like it) and only saw one BoA trinket which was a healer one when I was in ret spec (with ret loot spec).

Not that they were super amazing, but still would've been nice to have =/

Maybe these people have used their luck for this expansion ..

But i would like to see a redesign to the system so people who spend 10hr a day get a higher chance than casuals spending 1 hr a day. But i really think its Blizzard intention to give out legendarys to casuals/bad players so they can feel ''good'' and maybe compensate for the lack of dps they are doing. But tbh, i dont really care that much right now, im pretty sure we will see alot more legendarys the next couple of weeks with raids/mythic+, saw a stream yesterday and they did like 10 mythic+2 and they got 2 legendarys, so the drop chance seem to be better on higher difficulty.

But i can see people struggle in a month or so if they dont got a leg. Have already seen grps only accepting people with legendarys ..

Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Without sufficient data showing how many people with 2+ legendaries got another after the fix, it's meaningless to argue either way. There's anedoctal evidence at best.
    All evidence starts as anecdotal. The first bug was found because a few people reported their anecdotal evidence.

If your car makes a noise, you take it to a dealer and have it fixed, then a few days later it starts making the same noise. Do you assume the problem has returned and that maybe the dealer didn't fully resolve the issue? Or do you keep driving because the noise is anecdotal?

Deleted
    From personal experience in our guild since the nerf (~30 active "hardcore" members, 50+ casual members)

The day of the fix our feral got a legendary.
    Received a second one two days later.
    Our holy paladin got his first legendary.
    Our rogue receives a legendary
    We kill the first boss in EN, two legendaries drop.
    One for the warrior tank.
    The other for a resto druid.
    One day later the resto druid receives a second legendary.

So out of 7 drops, two people received two; all post "fix". Since the anecdotal stories here report the same, I'll take a jump in the water and say it's not fixed.

To add to the performance discussion: In our guild we can see our raiders in legendaries pull about 260k dps while the non-legendary crowd tops out at 230k single target. I don't think any of them actually provide a dps gain outside of the ilvl-increase, I'd say a dps optimized legendary could yield you a 20%+ damage increase.
    Last edited by mmocc3bae16cfa; 2016-09-23 at 12:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All evidence starts as anecdotal. The first bug was found because a few people reported their anecdotal evidence.

If your car makes a noise, you take it to a dealer and have it fixed, then a few days later it starts making the same noise. Do you assume the problem has returned and that maybe the dealer didn't fully resolve the issue? Or do you keep driving because the noise is anecdotal?
    That's the thing though, that last one that Blizzard confirmed was bugged, gained so much traction within just 1 day. It's been almost a week now, and there's no where near as much flooding in this time. It's mostly people just complaining that they don't have a legendary. And as I already said early, and can update it now, I have seen 8 more people in my guild get their first legendary, and only 1 person since the fix get a second. So if you're taking anecdotal evidence, take into account ALL of it, not just the evidence that fits your agenda.

Well this is probably their "good luck protection" TM. If the gods of RNG are by your side, you should get their love. Always
    Let the plebs deal with the "bad luck protection". If the gods of RNG are not by your side, why should they? Blizzard protect your bad luck indeed ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    You should also know that there are millions of players with increased chance of getting legendary but they didn't got it
    What makes you think that?

It's clearly still bugged. The real question is what drives the sycophants to angrily defend blizzard's honour over this? Why are some people so emotionally invested in believing that blizzard are infallible? I find it really weird.

I'm of the opinion of the many, the legendary rng sucks. I have about 9+ days played at 110 on my Hunter, and last night was the first time me and my friends saw a legendary drop (multiple people in our guild have 2-3 pre fix). Even though it dropped for me (roar of the seven lions) out of mythic+ 4 CoS, I won't be satisfied until we see another drop. Whether this was the bad luck system working who knows.

Still can't snag any trinkets though

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    As I said it when all " shit " about broken drops started I am 100% sure that streamers are flagged to get legendary drops same as they were flagged for Legion beta access when it started. This cant be just a coincidence
    Except many of the popular WoW streamers such as Towelliee, Lirik, and Sodapoppin have yet to get a legendary. There is no evidence to support your claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    It's clearly still bugged. The real question is what drives the sycophants to angrily defend blizzard's honour over this? Why are some people so emotionally invested in believing that blizzard are infallible? I find it really weird.
    And it's shit like this that show's how ignorant you are. You insult players and then give no evidence as to why you think they're wrong. Nothing unusual for the typical anti-blizzard sheeps.

The reason why we could tell the legendaries were bugged prior was because there was an overwhelming number of reports showing that more people with at least 1 legendary were getting more, before others were getting their first. It took a while for the flood gates to be opened, but they did, and the data started to show that Blizzard done fucked. NOW, there's more evidence to the contrary that it's still bugged. Just because people with a legendary already get one doesn't mean it's bugged. It's the fact that people without them are getting them at a higher rate than those already with that's showing that it's working.

See how this works? A discussion isn't just throwing insults at the other party. It's about having evidence to back up the claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootmonkey View Post
    Pretty sure you don't know what RNG means then.

In theory he could get all of his legendaries back to back to back.
    But I guess that you do not either. On programmation there is no true RNG. Its follow a code and will have some loops but the loops are generaly so huge no human brain could notice the paterns unlike somes we had in old video games (nintendo and older ones).

Bug in RNG in mmos still happens fromes time to time and the last one I've seen was in arc age gathering. Last time I've played it they were trying to fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    "Being a lucky guy" doesn't exist. You can't manipulate randomness in your favor.
    I know of some people who barely ever farmed Mounts, just got them within 5 tries.
    Yeah that's entirely not lucky or something wrong ? Look up Thyraz on Youtube, his lucky-ness video. I played with him before he became a streamer/youtuber and he was always a lucky guy.
    Everyone knows someone who has more luck than other's so it's pretty obvious something is wrong. Either some Accounts are "flagged" or some code doesn't work properly, but there is "something".
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

I dont play Legion but having so important items drop from glorified trash mobs is very bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Well by all means, if its so "clearly" please explain how so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    And it's shit like this that show's how ignorant you are. You insult players and then give no evidence as to why you think they're wrong. Nothing unusual for the typical anti-blizzard sheeps.

The reason why we could tell the legendaries were bugged prior was because there was an overwhelming number of reports showing that more people with at least 1 legendary were getting more, before others were getting their first. It took a while for the flood gates to be opened, but they did, and the data started to show that Blizzard done fucked. NOW, there's more evidence to the contrary that it's still bugged. Just because people with a legendary already get one doesn't mean it's bugged. It's the fact that people without them are getting them at a higher rate than those already with that's showing that it's working.

See how this works? A discussion isn't just throwing insults at the other party. It's about having evidence to back up the claims.
    I like this guy. He wrote exactly what I wanted to say <3.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".