Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nooow who else died two times already?
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    yep
    all correct.

- - - Updated - - -

read edge of night.
    right before the start of the gilneas war she was on top of ice crown citadel on an emo trip.
    she wanted to commit suicide, jumped off and died, the val'kyr brought her back and made the pact with her.

she returned and took over the mess garrosh started with gilneas.
    Interesting that wowwikki doesn't mention that at all from what I can tell. I cant access wowpedia at work unfortunately.

Guys, remember that for beings like the Old Gods, her first death and raising into undeath can be counted not as a death, but as birth.

The Banshee Queen would have been born the moment she became undead. Following that interpretation, she would have two deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    If you want to think in a metaphorical way, Jaina fits it. Jaina died when Arthas turned to the Undead Scourge and such. Another death when Theramore happened. That's if you think the phrase we're talking about isn't meant to be taken literally.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

she died 3 times already.

arthas
    icecrown
    bullet in the head.
    Just curious if the first "death" by Arthas counts, as the story goes:

The official story given by the high elves of Silvermoon had the Ranger-General having perished valiantly in battle against the undead Scourge in the defense of Quel'Thalas, and her body being burned to ashes in the fire that had devastated half the capital.[4]

The true story was quite different. Sylvanas was not killed, but rather captured. Barely clinging to life, Sylvanas Windrunner was brought before Arthas. She protested, saying she deserved a clean death, but Arthas, having had to fight her every step of the way, responded by telling her after what she had put him through, the last thing he would give her was the peace of death. He desecrated her spirit, corrupting her body and soul, and brought her back as a whirlwind of torment and hatred. Thus, Sylvanas Windrunner became the first of the high elven banshees. Sylvanas, now an undead banshee, was a complete and total slave of the Lich King. In her undeath, she aided Arthas in his assault against her own beloved Silvermoon in order to secure the legendary Sunwell for the Scourge.[5] Her mangled body was sealed in an iron coffin by Arthas, as a way to further torture the ranger.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    Interesting that wowwikki doesn't mention that at all from what I can tell. I cant access wowpedia at work unfortunately.
    here's the article from wowpedia:
    Edge of Night

WoW-novel-logo-16x62.png This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.

After the death of the Lich King Arthas Menethil, Sylvanas ventured alone to the Frozen Throne. While irritated that she was not there to see him fall, Sylvanas took solace in knowing that the work she had begun in the lush forests of Quel'Thalas was at last complete: Arthas was dead. With her life's - and unlife's - goal sated, Sylvanas could think only of the bright fate that had awaited her before Arthas tore out her soul and prepared to hurl herself from the citadel onto the saronite spikes below, the only thing capable of destroying her completely. As she contemplated the end of her long journey, nine val'kyr encircled her, granting her visions of her past. Sylvanas ignored them, and hurled herself off the Frozen Throne.

Sylvanas saw vision of her peoples' future. Without her leadership, the bulk of the Forsaken were sacrificed by Garrosh Hellscream in a failed assault on Gilneas. At the Bulwark, Apothecary Lydon organizes a last, desperate counterattack against the invading Alliance forces. As the tide turned against them, the Forsaken threw themselves into raging fires rather than face the onslaught to come. As the vision ended, Sylvanas found herself floating in a dark void, where she knew only terror, cold, hopelessness, fear, and regret. She also ran into the ghost of Arthas and was surprised to find that all he was at this point was a frightened and lonely little boy. Looking at the man who had inflicted such torment, Sylvanas admitted that had her soul not been broken she may have actually felt pity for him despite what he had done to her. As she realized that this realm of anguish was to be her eternity, the val'kyr appeared to her again. Led by Annhylde the Caller, they offered the Dark Lady a pact: instead of allowing Sylvanas to reside eternally in this terrifying realm, Annhylde offered to take her place if she binds herself to the remaining val'kyr; a powerful vessel through which they can continue to exist as more than slaves, their fates intertwined. Sylvanas accepted the pact, and was returned to the realm of the living surrounded by the eight remaining val'kyr.

Sylvanas returned to Silverpine Forest, where Garrosh was leading the assault on Gilneas, and stated that the invasion would be carried out her way; Garrosh begrudgingly accepted, and Sylvanas ordered her fleet around to the southern coast to harass the villages and split Gilneas' defenders. Reflecting on what she had been through, Sylvanas realized that her people were no longer simply arrows in her quiver, but an important resource that would not be squandered.[15]

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    having the pillars actually be a prison key would be a sweet plot twist!

i wonder what legion would do if an old god pops up seeing how old gods are part of the reason sarg wants to destroy all life. as long as they dont do a iron horde bullshit move and be like 'we on yous side now!' and team up to fight the old god with us..ugh.
    I would actually like it if we wouldn't be able to defeat the Legion because they are too strong and too many (That builds the Legion as a really mighty force that even we can't beat yet + builds for another legion expansion in the future where we finally beat them by ourselves) and just as we try to close the portals from the Tomb of Sargeras.
    By then there are way too many demons in Azeroth already + Kil'jaeden in full power and suddenly N'zoth and his armies appear and start fighting the Legion.
    We basically fight along side the Old Gods (Well not really, more like using them to get rid of the Legion) and so they retreat and promise to destroy Azeroth some other day while we have tons of old god minions + Naga to fight against.

7+ Year Old Account
    idk... does getting turned into a val'kyr by force then into a giant hentai monster count as 2 deaths?
    helya could quite fit.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Guys, remember that for beings like the Old Gods, her first death and raising into undeath can be counted not as a death, but as birth.

The Banshee Queen would have been born the moment she became undead. Following that interpretation, she would have two deaths.
    This is actually a valid point to make. When Sylvanas Windrunner died and eventually receiving her body back she got reborn as The Banshee Queen. This is what people say when referring to her as well. By old-god-riddle-logic this makes perfect sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If you want to think in a metaphorical way, Jaina fits it. Jaina died when Arthas turned to the Undead Scourge and such. Another death when Theramore happened. That's if you think the phrase we're talking about isn't meant to be taken literally.
    Also a good point, but Jaina did not literally die in that sense. She was without a point distraught about Arthas choice and Arthas doing but she went on strong, leading the survivors away, so im not sure if this applies to her.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jaina likely doesn't have anything to do with this at all.

The king of diamonds is a pawn because the Old Gods have filled the crater of the heart of the Titan and now feed Magni lies. Those two clues only make sense together and only when interpreted like that.

The only way the Jaina theory makes sense causes the rest of the clues to make little sense without stretching things beyond reason.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, I was saying something like this in another thread. This whole "Legion" invasion is a red herring for the real bad in Legion. I suspect the Void will make an appearance once all the pillars are gathered. This might be another 'Sunwell' end to the expansion. The last boss might be an old god or perhaps a Void Lord attempting to enter our plane.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I would actually like it if we wouldn't be able to defeat the Legion because they are too strong and too many (That builds the Legion as a really mighty force that even we can't beat yet + builds for another legion expansion in the future where we finally beat them by ourselves) and just as we try to close the portals from the Tomb of Sargeras.
    By then there are way too many demons in Azeroth already + Kil'jaeden in full power and suddenly N'zoth and his armies appear and start fighting the Legion.
    We basically fight along side the Old Gods (Well not really, more like using them to get rid of the Legion) and so they retreat and promise to destroy Azeroth some other day while we have tons of old god minions + Naga to fight against.
    Not entirely sure that would "fit" the lore behind the old gods, if they are masters of corruption and manipulation, I hardly belive we would be able to "manipulate" them into fighting the legion with us. If that were to happend, I'd much rather belive we joined forces with The Legion, trying to stop the old gods. But honestly, I don't see that happening either. Imo, the most likely turn of events is that we succeed in stopping the legion, but in doing so, we free N'Zoth and opens up a new xpack with an Old god /Void Lords theme.

Onyxia: Once killed by Varian, then resurrected and killed by us in BWD. Onyxia's lair wasn't canon either time. But that's hardly a character.

Helya sort of died once when Odyn turned her into what she is, and we could kill her again this expansion.

It's most likely Sylvanas they're talking about.

Five keys/torches, five characters who will somehow help the Old Gods: Anduin (boy-king), Jaina (herat is a crater), Magni (king of diamongs), Medivh/Khadgar (lord of ravens) and Sylvanas (her third death).
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-09-23 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Hah, I was saying something like this in another thread. This whole "Legion" invasion is a red herring for the real bad in Legion. I suspect the Void will make an appearance once all the pillars are gathered. This might be another 'Sunwell' end to the expansion. The last boss might be an old god or perhaps a Void Lord attempting to enter our plane.
    a Void Lord would most likly be abit over our heads yet. N'zoth perhaps?

- - - Updated - - -

I must admit that I still have a stronger feeling towards Sylvanas, seeing as she was "reborn" once, and killed and resurrected twice.

To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars - "N'Zoth (pronounced "Ne-Zoth" or "Ni-Zoth") is one of the confirmed Old Gods. Speculated to be deep under the sea in Azeroth, "

Also the boy king line only makes sense for ally, as Horde hes not really telling us anything, we wouldn't be listening to Anduin for him to lie to us

Perhaps Sylvanas' first "death" doesn't count.

Like in a way that she became a different person when was ressurected, thereby she "only" died twice when she was already undead.

But of a stretch, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Also the boy king line only makes sense for ally, as Horde hes not really telling us anything, we wouldn't be listening to Anduin for him to lie to us
    Not really if Anduin wants peace, because the Horde needs to trust Anduin to keep the people in the Alliance in check who want a war.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-09-23 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    This reminds me a lot, of a "leak" from awhile ago

10+ Year Old Account
    idk... does getting turned into a val'kyr by force then into a giant hentai monster count as 2 deaths?
    helya could quite fit.
    I think her design is roughly the design of Ursala from Little Mermaid(Helya's that is)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think her design is roughly the design of Ursala from Little Mermaid(Helya's that is)
    that doesnt change the fact that she is a hentai monstrosity.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    OH SHIT. MAGNI TOLD US TO GET THE PILLARS. HE COULD BE MANIPULATED BY THE OLD GODS, AND WE ARE GOING TO RELEASE THEM WITH THE PILLARS OF CREATION AND BREAK THE OLD GODS PRISON

Next expansion confirmed old gods, already foreshadowed like legion.
    Mango thinks it's Azeroth he's chatting with, but it's actually NZoth(or maybe KJ who is now on team OG)... he is the "pawn". We gather the pillars and when Khadgar uses them to seal out the legion, he breaks the prison. Helya's death is the trigger, Jaina is not a dread lord, but is OG corrupted.