Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Obama showing again that he's a complete joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This is a civil war, mate; horrible things happen on it. But how many Syrians actually participate in it? A small minority. And even among those who participate, only a small minority does things you describe. Yet you are willing to label all Syrians as such...
    Yes because as people have mentioned here, the extremism is cradle-to-grave. Just because they haven't gotten involved YET, doesn't mean they won't be moved to do so at some point in the future.

It's no different than the millions of Americans who hate (x) country and thinks we should send them all home, and/or bomb them into oblivion. Its extreme, and just because they haven't personally joined the military to KILL said people from (x) country. Doesn't mean they don't believe they should die.

You don't have actually have murderous intent inside you. But if you believe me and my kin deserve death... you can fucking stay right where you are.

Its really no different than the extreme white supremacists, or the bible thumping homosexual haters in this country. Unfortunately we can't kick them out. But if we could I'd be all for it. It is this indoctrinated, ill informed, uneducated blind hatred, and this country doesn't need anymore people like it.

Now if they COULD be rehabilitated and integrate into western society, that would be great and ideal. Unfortunately the brain washing of extremist islam isn't something that just goes away simply because you fear for your life and are fleeing your country.

"Are you willing to denounce your religion to gain access to the country?"
    "Ya, ya sure, just let me in!"

5 years later after getting settled.

"This is an evil place we live in... it needs to burn!"

No thanks.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-09-23 at 03:39 PM.

Obama needs to be put in jail for what he has done to America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Yes because as people have mentioned here, the extremism is cradle-to-grave. Just because they haven't gotten involved YET, doesn't mean they won't be moved to do so at some point in the future.

It's no different than the millions of Americans who hate (x) country and thinks we should send them all home, and/or bomb them into oblivion. Its extreme, and just because they haven't personally joined the military to KILL said people from (x) country. Doesn't mean they don't believe they should die.

You don't have actually have murderous intent inside you. But if you believe me and my kin deserve death... you can fucking stay right where you are.
    I don't think where you are coming from with this. There aren't millions Americans that think some innocent people should all die, same way there aren't many Syrians believing in that. Most people, anywhere, even in places like North Korea, just want to live their lives and to have as little to do with all these "wars" and such as possible. But because of a small minority, you are willing to label the entire nation as such. *shrugs* Luckily, most people are above this.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think where you are coming from with this. There aren't millions Americans that think some innocent people should all die, same way there aren't many Syrians believing in that. Most people, anywhere, even in places like North Korea, just want to live their lives and to have as little to do with all these "wars" and such as possible. But because of a small minority, you are willing to label the entire nation as such. *shrugs* Luckily, most people are above this.
    They aren't a small minority. Those willing to take extreme action are a small minority. But they all grow up hearing the same doctrine. That doctrine does not jive with western society.

You need to learn more about what these people actually believe.

Whether you want to believe it or not there ARE millions of Americans who believe we should have just wiped middle eastern countries off the map. That think STILL that we should at the very least round up all the muslims and put them in internment camps like we did with the Japanese during WWII, and at the most extreme round up to be killed.

But again, as bad as it sounds, its quite different to believe someone should die, and being willing to kill them yourself.

You are delusional if you think MOST people are above this.

People are just as carnal and as savage as they were in the beginning. 1/4 our population is locked up behind bars for one crime or another, you are trying to tell me that people are good and wholesome at their core? That's in "America" you know, where we try to think we are a civilized society...

I am not going to try and necro the thread, but a while back I posed a question, that if we found oil/water on Mars, and went to colonize the planet and found sentient life, would it still be right to colonize and take it for ourselves.

You know... the same shit we did to the native americans. The same shit most people believe was not right...

There was not a single person that responded to that thread that thought there was anything wrong with taken the entire planet for ourselves... simply because this "fictional race" was unable to fight back.

At their core people are carnal and savage.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-09-23 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't a small minority. Those willing to take extreme action are a small minority. But they all grow up hearing the same doctrine. That doctrine does not jive with western society.

You need to learn more about what these people actually believe.

Whether you want to believe it or not there ARE millions of Americans who believe we should have just wiped middle eastern countries off the map. That think STILL that we should at the very least round up all the muslims and put them in internment camps like we did with the Japanese during WWII, and at the most extreme round up to be killed.

But again, as bad as it sounds, its quite different to believe someone should die, and being willing to kill them yourself.
    Mate, I am originally from the country with one of the worst historical records of crimes against humanity out there. Tell me: am I an evil scum, just because I happened to be born there - despite never sharing those insane values and eventually leaving that place for good? You really don't see the problem with labeling an entire nation as scums and barring anyone's entrance from there to here?

I just don't understand how one cannot see the difference between general trends within a group, and individuals from that group. Do you really think people there share hive mind, lack any critical thinking and all grow to be robots at the service of the oppressive government?
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mate, I am originally from the country with one of the worst historical records of crimes against humanity out there. Tell me: am I an evil scum, just because I happened to be born there - despite never sharing those insane values and eventually leaving that place for good? You really don't see the problem with labeling an entire nation as scums and barring anyone's entrance from there to here?

I just don't understand how one cannot see the difference between general trends within a group, and individuals from that group. Do you really think people there share hive mind, lack any critical thinking and all grow to be robots at the service of the oppressive government?
    Again I am not delusional regarding the power that the government and/or religion have to completely rewire a person to a specific way of thinking. It isn't government... its religion... way more powerful.

During WWII not all Germans were Nazis. But most Germans supported Hitler. Its the same concept. Not everyone joined the military and took it upon themselves to kill Jews and other undesirables. But they agreed it should happen/was necessary.

Its hard to come back from that kind of brainwashing.

There isn't the same diversity and freedom of ideas you are experiencing.

So if you can come up with a good method of:

(1) Detection: separating extremists from non-extremists
    (2) Deprogramming: even moderate islamic group share some pretty extreme ideas about the world that just don't mesh with a civilized, democratic, liberal society

10+ Year Old Account
    Again I am not delusional regarding the power that the government and/or religion have to completely rewire a person to a specific way of thinking. It isn't government... its religion... way more powerful.

During WWII not all Germans were Nazis. But most Germans supported Hitler. Its the same concept. Not everyone joined the military and took it upon themselves to kill Jews and other undesirables. But they agreed it should happen/was necessary.

Its hard to come back from that kind of brainwashing.

There isn't the same diversity and freedom of ideas you are experiencing.

So if you can come up with a good method of:

(1) Detection: separating extremists from non-extremists
    (2) Deprogramming: even moderate islamic group share some pretty extreme ideas about the world that just don't mesh with a civilized, democratic, liberal society
    During WW2, most Germans supported Hitler, true. Then WW2 was ended, and a lot of German refugees/immigrants moved to other European countries, as well as the US. Somehow they didn't establish Nazi regimes there, and, in fact, they were, on average, more successful than natives - in the US, for example, German scientists having moved in here bootstrapped math and space sciences.

People are quick to adapt to new circumstances, under the right conditions. Sure, some people are broken due to brainwashing; others only become stronger-willed for it, and taking them in is actually desirable, as you want to have people able to stand up to their beliefs and to resist brainwashing attempts in your country.

Sure, you shouldn't take everyone who wants to move to your country from a volatile region. But neither should you be against anyone's entrance there just because they used to live in that region. Just consider every application on case-by-case basis, without all that xenophobic bull.

10+ Year Old Account
    During WW2, most Germans supported Hitler, true. Then WW2 was ended, and a lot of German refugees/immigrants moved to other European countries, as well as the US. Somehow they didn't establish Nazi regimes there, and, in fact, they were, on average, more successful than natives - in the US, for example, German scientists having moved in here bootstrapped math and space sciences.

People are quick to adapt to new circumstances, under the right conditions. Sure, some people are broken due to brainwashing; others only become stronger-willed for it, and taking them in is actually desirable, as you want to have people able to stand up to their beliefs and to resist brainwashing attempts in your country.

Sure, you shouldn't take everyone who wants to move to your country from a volatile region. But neither should you be against anyone's entrance there just because they used to live in that region. Just consider every application on case-by-case basis, without all that xenophobic bull.
    Its not xenophobia... I am not afraid of a specific race. I am afraid of what they are being taught. It doesn't matter what they look like.

I am going to share a video with you, and there are many like it so you can look em up for yourself.

This girl is American! Educated, knows her shit (to a degree).

Yet supports a group of people (a religious militant group) that has specifics beliefs about the deaths of specific people.

It is not to be tolerated. Your religious beliefs are your own, and the freedom to practice religion is part of our constitution.

But the teachings of that religion bump up against basic rights of others... like to live.

I am sorry that your country is a fucking war zone, but I am not going to stand by and give my blessing for you to come here and be allowed the freedom to believe that someone else deserves to die. Because it goes beyond a struggle between muslims and jews, Hamas teaches not to HATE, but that you are doing them a favor a kindness by killing them. This mentality applies to homosexuals as well. This is not an ideal we need to be bringing into the country by boat loads.

Truth is I don't really have to defend my position. Just look at the problems Germany is having with Syrian refugees. They were the first to open their borders. An open invitation... which has since been rescinded. They aren't even appreciative enough to the country that has accepted them and housed them to even attempt to integrate. It will be business as usual for them and their ideals.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    You just keep repeating the same stuff over and over, disregarding the notion on how illogical it is. You link some videos, mention some examples of poor integration - as if it was applicable to all Syrian refugees. There was just recently an article linked on these forums about a Syrian refugee who became one of the best wine producers in Germany, specifically in a place which traditionally was a pride of all Germans and a testament to their traditions. But no, you don't care about this example, you only care about those who cannot integrate - and decide that none should be allowed in at all, just because some cannot integrate.

It is xenophobia, plane and simple. You can sugarcoat it however you want, but in reality you have problems with basic logic and choose hate and fear (emotions) over logic and reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just keep repeating the same stuff over and over, disregarding the notion on how illogical it is. You link some videos, mention some examples of poor integration - as if it was applicable to all Syrian refugees. There was just recently an article linked on these forums about a Syrian refugee who became one of the best wine producers in Germany, specifically in a place which traditionally was a pride of all Germans and a testament to their traditions. But no, you don't care about this example, you only care about those who cannot integrate - and decide that none should be allowed in at all, just because some cannot integrate.

It is xenophobia, plane and simple. You can sugarcoat it however you want, but in reality you have problems with basic logic and choose hate and fear (emotions) over logic and reason.
    It isn't a problem with integration... that woman was born in America and integrated into society from birth. Yet STILL believes that there are individuals in this world who deserve death. It illustrates a problem with the programming and brainwashing that is part of the religion of Islam.

Logic and reason should dictate that you SHOULD be concerned about those that cannot integrate. You have one example of a success story (without source) and yet Germany as a whole has had such a flood of violent and sex related crimes with the recent influx of immigrants that they have been forced to CLOSE their borders.

Going from open... to close is a testament to the problems and gives 100% credence to any concerns I or any other rational American have/feel toward granting asylum to Syrian refugees.

For you to sit there and still claim it is xenophobia is ignorant I have explained the position... and just because you don't understand or have another word for it doesn't mean you get to amend the definition. Immigration has always been good for America. Germany is a perfect case study for the likelihood of how the refugees would behave upon entering the United States in mass. Islam extremists are not, and most of the refugees grew up around and are Islamic extremists... whether they have, haven't, will or will never commit an atrocity that their religion promotes and allows is irrelevant. We don't need another hate group in the U.S. Period.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...wing-radicals/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-crime-thanks/

Educate yourself. Every time you respond you sound like and ignorant freshman college student taking liberal studies... no one gives a shit about your bleeding heart. Facts... statistics. Refugees from Syria? No thanks.

I have provided you a handful of resources and there are plenty of others out there that provide sufficient evidence that the concern that is shared by the American people is validated.

I can't fix your stupidity so if you still want to sit there and call it xenophobia, be my guest. It is fear, perhaps Islamophobia. That fear is well founded. It isn't irrational, its grounded is sound reasoning.

For you to sit there and still claim it is xenophobia is ignorant I have explained the position.
    Its useless, racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic, Islamophobic, trans-phobic... That's all most progressive arguments will boil down to.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    In all your incoherent ranting, you've still failed to address criticism of this claim:
    Because people from that conflict regardless of what side they are on, are equally disgusting and violent evil people. If given the opportunity and resources they would do the same thing to the people that have done it to them... and they do.
    Can't wait to see your sources confirming that every single person from that conflict is a violent evil person.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    Its useless, racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic, Islamophobic, trans-phobic... That's all most progressive arguments will boil down to.
    Poor oppressed people... Let me hug you! I know, it is hard to be called what you are. *hugs* It will get easier with time, I promise. <3

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-09-23 at 08:40 PM.

Poor oppressed people... Let me hug you!
    I'm not oppressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    I'm not oppressed.
    No? But I thought evil women, transsexuals, homosexuals and Muslims oppress your right to make hateful statements... No?

10+ Year Old Account
    No? But I thought evil women, transsexuals, homosexuals and Muslims oppress your right to make hateful statements... No?
    Wow you're just attacking any and everyone aren't you. Why do people bother posting in a discussion board that aren't interested in hearing an opposing position.

Post this shit on facebook so your mom can give you a pity like.

Don't think I didn't notice how you complete ignore the problems occurring in Germany (the huge spike in violent and sexual crimes) as a direct result of accepting Syrian refugees. Why you think it will be any different elsewhere is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow you're just attacking any and everyone aren't you. Why do people bother posting in a discussion board that aren't interested in hearing an opposing position.

Post this shit on facebook so your mom can give you a pity like.

Don't think I didn't notice how you complete ignore the problems occurring in Germany (the huge spike in violent and sexual crimes) as a direct result of accepting Syrian refugees. Why you think it will be any different elsewhere is beyond me.
    I don't hold people who do not use logic to high regard, sorry.

I am aware of the problems in Germany. I am also aware (unlike you) that not all Syrians contribute to those problems; some have actually integrated quite well. There is also such a complicated (for some) idea that, maybe, Syrians do not share a hive mind, that there are different people living there, and some even hold Western values.

If you want to stop taking in refugees from Syria because you do not want to accept the worst elements and are willing to screw the best elements in the process, that's fine. But instead, you are trying to rationalize it by labeling all Syrians as evil people. You still don't see the problem? Well, surprise.

I live in America so no, my speech is protected by the first amendment. I'd watch how far you get behind that movement though, before long calling someone a racist or sexist might also be considered hate speech. Heck, maybe even calling a xenophobe could result in a fine or jail time.

I don't hold people who do not use logic to high regard, sorry.

I am aware of the problems in Germany. I am also aware (unlike you) that not all Syrians contribute to those problems; some have actually integrated quite well. There is also such a complicated (for some) idea that, maybe, Syrians do not share a hive mind, that there are different people living there, and some even hold Western values.

If you want to stop taking in refugees from Syria because you do not want to accept the worst elements and are willing to screw the best elements in the process, that's fine. But instead, you are trying to rationalize it by labeling all Syrians as evil people. You still don't see the problem? Well, surprise.
    I think his point was more the ideology they claim is dangerous regardless of the people.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Yeah lets be like Europe, whose crime has skyrocketed (including massive amounts of rape) after allowing people who don't believe their legal system pertains because it's not Sharia to them inside their country. It's not the world's place to come to the aid of Syria. It's no the US' place to topple their government either. They don't assimilate, nor do they want to. The posts on this forum are insane, "Were all just one people maaan", sounds like I'm hanging out with dirty hippies. We're not just one people. Borders are needed. Globalism is not a good thing.