Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellianar View Post
    All the ore i'm mining must go towards my own jewelcrafting and the gem drops are so abysmal I can't craft Necks to sell off the AH or even blue gems. Giving i'm not farming 4 hours a day but it's my fault I have a life I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

No the point was insulting anyone who find the mats price overinflated of being lazy. In no way were you pointing at the fucked up economy.
    The point is if you don't want to pay the prices then you need to level a gathering alt or change professions. Thats how an economy works.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by kuehlschrank View Post
    So you are telling me that you are consistently picking starlight roses every 9-12 seconds for an hour? I have my doubts about that.
    You'd be surprised what a 40 man raid proc'ing rank 3 aethril extra herbs can do. If you don't want to believe that, feel free. Not my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The point is if you don't want to pay the prices then you need to level a gathering alt or change professions. Thats how an economy works.
    Not when the prices are set for people that have millions of gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You'd be surprised what a 40 man raid proc'ing rank 3 aethril extra herbs can do. If you don't want to believe that, feel free. Not my issue.
    Exactly, 40 man raid. Now go divide that 300-400 by 40 and its not looking so great anymore

Quote Originally Posted by kuehlschrank View Post
    Exactly, 40 man raid. Now go divide that 300-400 by 40 and its not looking so great anymore
    ...What? *everyone* can loot a herb node for about 30-60 seconds after it has been initially looted. Likewise, everyone with rank 3 aethril can proc extra herbs. Now have 40 people loot the same single node, see how many extra nodes spawn. Yea, it's fairly fucking good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    Herbs dont instantly disappear when the first player picks them but stay like 30secs in which others can pick them with identical outcome
    That still doesn't make it faster in a group, so that's unrelated.

you dont need to use them tho unless you want to measure dicks on warcraft logs

its only HC progress atm

even for mythic you only need it if the fight progress is at a stage where it actually matters

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    similar to mob respawns herbs spawn faster the more people are gathering it in a certain zone

So you have no clue how legion herbing works then. Should probably read up on it... Heck, this thread even explains it is you bothered to read it:

Everyone can pick a herb.
    Rank 3 aethril gives a chance to spawn a new herb when picked.
    This herb is just like any other; everyone can pick it and proc it.

Now imagine 40 people picking a herb and triggering a spawn or two. Now watch it go on till luck runs out and 40 people didn't proc an extra.

Yea, no difference between solo and group. Derp.

Deleted
    So you have no clue how legion herbing works then. Should probably read up on it... Heck, this thread even explains it is you bothered to read it:

Everyone can pick a herb.
    Rank 3 aethril gives a chance to spawn a new herb when picked.
    This herb is just like any other; everyone can pick it and proc it.

Now imagine 40 people picking a herb and triggering a spawn or two. Now watch it go on till luck runs out and 40 people didn't proc an extra.

Yea, no difference between solo and group. Derp.
    I'm afraid you have misread. I don't recall implying *anywhere* that I was not aware of shared nodes or of R3 aethril.
    I never said or implied that herbing in a group was slower, nor that there was no difference. I asked what the difference was and weeded out one of the wrong answers.
    The R3 Aethril thing for a huge group makes sense. However, it has nothing to do with the comment of mine that you replied to, since I replied to someone else who had given information that was irrelevant to the subject at hand.
    Now, my question is: How on earth do you gather 40 people who has R3 Aethril?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    similar to mob respawns herbs spawn faster the more people are gathering it in a certain zone
    Can someone else confirm this as well?
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2016-09-25 at 06:08 AM.

I'm afraid you have misread. I don't recall implying *anywhere* that I was not aware of shared nodes or of R3 aethril.
    I never said or implied that herbing in a group was slower, nor that there was no difference. I asked what the difference was and weeded out one of the wrong answers.
    The R3 Aethril thing for a huge group makes sense. However, it has nothing to do with the comment of mine that you replied to, since I replied to someone else who had given information that was irrelevant to the subject at hand.

Oh shut up and take the loss mate, you said, and I quote: "That still doesn't make it faster in groups", which is 100% untrue. It makes it a shitton faster that everyone can abuse the same node, because everyone can trigger extra herb procs BECAUSE THEY CAN ALL USE THE SAME NODE. The dude you quoted just expected you to have minor knowledge of the profession you're commenting on.

As for gathering a R3 aethril group, group finder works well.

Deleted

1. Either have a guild, then you can almost imply this is a given (depending on size and commitment to the game) or you dont need flasks and pots for NHC raids for they are easy even without them

2. There are x nodes per map per time, pick one and it spawns at a different point. You may notice this well in Suramar, there is a place many people avoid and herbs pile up there while the rest of the map feels empty, or evidence per contraside: directly after a server restart you find there are way more herbs in the very same Suramar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkenqt View Post
    People got so lazy with WoD when garrison gave you Money and mats all the time now we are back were you either use your gold or farm the materials yet most people seems to be totally suprised that it requires you to actually play the game again.
    aha, so playin teh game means to u to farm?

well, it may be suprising to ur entitled perspective of "people", but most people dont have the sparetime to additionally farm mats 4 raid, as there r other timeconsuming priorities, that r mandatory 4 raid 2 (AP, u dont want to raid without second gold tier!).

also some of those "lazy" people (like me) prefer to raid/pvp instead of grinding WQs 4 AP or fkn mats. if u like to game like a bot, well, hf...

btw Garrison goldmission income post-nerf was 3-5k, not 15k (prenerf) per month...

My guild isn't even using them for normal/heroic. there's really no need for it when the fights are easily doable without the pots. Much better to just stockpile the mats for pots/flasks for mythics instead of waste them on normal/heroic.

The farming this expansion is equivalent of TBC, we had flying/garrison to farm up mats. Not sure if prices will drop before 7.1.

They're getting nerfed on Tuesday when the hot fix rolls around

Deleted
    Oh shut up and take the loss mate, you said, and I quote: "That still doesn't make it faster in groups", which is 100% untrue. It makes it a shitton faster that everyone can abuse the same node, because everyone can trigger extra herb procs BECAUSE THEY CAN ALL USE THE SAME NODE. The dude you quoted just expected you to have minor knowledge of the profession you're commenting on.

As for gathering a R3 aethril group, group finder works well.
    It's the R3 Aehtril that makes it faster, not the fact that everyone can pick up a node - Not by itself. And yes, I missed the fact that more people means faster spawns, eh, we're human and we miss things from time to time. Either way, I hope you are nicer to people in your general vicinity - Have a nice day!
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2016-09-25 at 04:17 PM.

Deleted
    Very strong and very expensive. I am glad they get nerfed