Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthro View Post
    You must not be reading anyone's responses.
    i know right? people are trying to help him (excluding me) and he must spam chat until he finds it out by himself.

So I am jumping into this late and there does not appear to be a TLDR so please forgive me if this has already been stated.

I was looking through wowhead spell ids to try and figure out some triggers to track the risen skulker and I stumbled upon this:

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1...-knight-unholy

I can't tell really, but it makes it look like you have to summon 2000 of each of the pets? I am guessing the army of dead being on there three times is the different ghouls, but I don't know what the tortured spirit refers to. When I get home I will see if I can figure out how to tell if this is actually being tracked in game. If you follow the crumbs the blood trigger is 1000 consumption which is the active ability for that weapon. Red herring?

You must not be reading anyone's responses.
    He's all aboard the hype train. There's no slowing down now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    So I am jumping into this late and there does not appear to be a TLDR so please forgive me if this has already been stated.

I was looking through wowhead spell ids to try and figure out some triggers to track the risen skulker and I stumbled upon this:

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1...-knight-unholy

I can't tell really, but it makes it look like you have to summon 2000 of each of the pets? I am guessing the army of dead being on there three times is the different ghouls, but I don't know what the tortured spirit refers to. When I get home I will see if I can figure out how to tell if this is actually being tracked in game. If you follow the crumbs the blood trigger is 1000 consumption which is the active ability for that weapon. Red herring?
    We still don't know what that is relating to. The last I think it was talked about someone was afk ghoul grinding in acherus.

Edit: sorry I thought you linked a different but similar achievement tracking. That one isn't used for anything anymore. I think originally the hidden appearance colors had you doing different things for each spec.
    Last edited by Lycanthro; 2016-09-23 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Being a derp

Wait it actually says
    Hidden Tracking - Appearance Unlock - Base - Color 4 - Death Knight, Unholy
    in that page. But Tortured spirit is a beta spell that was removed in the earlier stages of beta

He is, as a quest giver (that talking skull)

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Wait it actually says

in that page. But Tortured spirit is a beta spell that was removed in the earlier stages of beta
    Yeah, I just figured that out as well. I am going to try out /script AddTrackedAchievement("11231") when I get home and see what it says.

Watch were gonna get Artifact Knowledge 6 or something and Khadgars floatin head gonna show up with a quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscereality View Post
    Watch were gonna get Artifact Knowledge 6 or something and Khadgars floatin head gonna show up with a quest.
    If it was that simple it would of been found on Beta.

There's definetly something up with Renault Mograine and the original 4 horsemen that have new npcs and outfits. They don't seem to be linked to anything with the paladin stuff so there's a good chance they are linked to either of our skins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giske View Post
    There's definetly something up with Renault Mograine and the original 4 horsemen that have new npcs and outfits. They don't seem to be linked to anything with the paladin stuff so there's a good chance they are linked to either of our skins.
    Did you mean Renault Megane?

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Did you mean Renault Megane?
    http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=renault

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=180673/...rit-of-renault is the most curious of everything on there. Though there are two Renault Mograine undead npc's added in 7.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Just visited the 4 Lich King visions... and I don't know how nobody noticed it... I know there were theories he is pointing at the locations of dungeons but it was not true... the point is:

The Memories of Arthas are pointing at the location of the next one. Basically perfectly as it looks on map, obviously I wasn't measuring it. But:

The one in Highmountain points to the one in Stormheim
    The one in Stormheim points to the one in Val'sharah.
    The one in Val'sharah points to the one in Azsuna.
    The question is, what does the Azsuna one point? The line goes through Azurewing Response, then Eye of Azshara dungeon entrance, and then hits Dalaran. Maybe its nothing, but if the other 3 aren't positioned randomly...

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what is this npc for? http://www.wowhead.com/npc=95941/arthas

- - - Updated - - -

Another and another.... http://www.wowhead.com/spell=225841/...led-his-father

Legion seems to add A LOT regarding Arthas to the game. Majority of this doesnt't seem to have a purpose...
    I tried to think about different ways it connects to those arthas models. It brought me to Yogg that then brought me to N'zoth. I basically got stopped in my tracks because I couldn't get anywhere past that.

Now I was thinking the old pentagram theory on where the arthas models sit. It would put this right around the area that someone point out had an ancient king model on the bottom of the sea floor.

I haven't had time to look but I have not had time in my schedule. Checking tonight.

Deleted
    When we finally figure it out, this will be all of us:

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    I'm not sure why everyone is trying to discount Teron Gorefiend as a "true" Unholy death knight.

No, he wasn't part of the Scourge, but consider: Unholy is a spec based most-directly off of the iconography of the Death Knight units from the Warcraft games, while Frost and Blood are more heavily connected to/based on other Scourge units like the Lich, Frostwyrm and Dreadlord.
    When you look at the abilities of the Warcraft 2 Death Knight, you have: Death and Decay (standard for both Blood and Unholy), Death Coil (now limited to Unholy), Animate Dead (its closest analogues are limited to Unholy), and Haste (where Unholy was originally the fastest spec since release before Wraith Walk was "buffed" - and even then we have Unholy Frenzy). Keep in mind, the WC3 iteration didn't even get Death and Decay - and now that we don't even have Death Pact, we're closer to the WC2 version in gameplay!

Worst-case scenario, Teron's a mix of Blood and Unholy, since he also has Whirlwind (Bonestorm) and Unholy Armor (literally any of Blood's skills could qualify). Even so, Lich King!Arthas was a mix of Frost and Unholy, but both were mostly Unholy. BC!Gorefiend even did the ghost-y thing; the only un-"true" part is his fire magic disqualifying him as a Frost DK.

He IS the first Death Knight. The emphasis on "true" was to make people think outside the Scourge, as we so often fail to do.
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2016-09-23 at 08:04 PM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

We still don't know what that is relating to. The last I think it was talked about someone was afk ghoul grinding in acherus.

Edit: sorry I thought you linked a different but similar achievement tracking. That one isn't used for anything anymore. I think originally the hidden appearance colors had you doing different things for each spec.
    Okay, the one I linked is nothing in game, but I think I found the one you were talking about.
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1...houls-summoned

It will link in game when I run the tracking script, but it has no numbers associated with it. The in game text looks exactly like the wowhead text. So no idea on how many you have to summon but this for sure is something in game currently.

Run /script AddTrackedAchievement("10768") in game and you will see what I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Actually, now that I think of it...

So Heart of Corruption's one long joke connected to the many, many, many fan theories and red-herrings that Ashbringer has had over the years. Naturally, the DK artifacts don't have that kind of meta-lore, because all but one of them are brand-new (read: made up on the spot) and we knew the location of Frostmourne the whole time (so we assumed we'd kill Arthas for it).

... but weren't we originally supposed to have a quest to BECOME DKs? To take a level 55-60 character, get them killed fighting Scourge and then revive as a Prestige class?
    Perhaps obtaining one of our skins is a play on that - after all, they went out of their way to make new models for the original Four Horsemen, so assuming they aren't a scrapped part of an older iteration of our Order Hall campaign, could they be connected to whatever quest you were supposed to do to get revived in the Plaguelands...?
    Last edited by Leviatharan; 2016-09-23 at 08:01 PM.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Quote Originally Posted by braxkedren View Post
    If this person is legit and helping out, then I have a pretty good theory on the wording of what they are saying. I'm headed home for lunch and going to check my theory out. Will reply when I get done checking.

Only questions is: I mainly play Blood, but do I need to be in Frost/Unholy spec when killing stuff for the alternate skins to drop/Quest to pop up or is having the weapons in my bag enough?
    Considering people have gotton the blood hidden skin as unholy, I assume no. Loot spec / spec doesnt matter, just doing the right thing does.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    Actually, now that I think of it...

So Heart of Corruption's one long joke connected to the many, many, many fan theories and red-herrings that Ashbringer has had over the years. Naturally, the DK artifacts don't have that kind of meta-lore, because all but one of them are brand-new (read: made up on the spot) and we knew the location of Frostmourne the whole time (so we assumed we'd kill Arthas for it).

... but weren't we originally supposed to have a quest to BECOME DKs? To take a level 55-60 character, get them killed fighting Scourge and then revive as a Prestige class?
    Perhaps obtaining one of our skins is a play on that - after all, they went out of their way to make new models for the original Four Horsemen, so assuming they aren't a scrapped part of an older iteration of our Order Hall campaign, could they be connected to whatever quest you were supposed to do to get revived in the Plaguelands...?
    I also remember a rumour you had to have a paladin at lvl 55 and then "convert" him(in character screen)
    though it was a loose one, can't remember if you had to do a questchain or other stuff

If the "resting place of the first true unholy death knight" is an actual hint...
    Maybe Gorefiend in HFC, the alternate version of Teren'Gor?
    Or the first one that appeared ingame? A boss in Naxx perhaps? Gothic the harvester maybe?